Vapman

Arawfish

Green Thumb
I like spring not because of balloonmen but because I can get back to vaping spots winter had put away from me for too long.
I concur! Spring means it’s time for the Vapman to once again stretch its legs! Though I must say, winter hiking this past year has been great. Familiar hikes once again turn brand new like you’ve never been there when things are all covered in snow.

passenger

is this thing on?
So maybe I still get my chance on buying a pristine Lotus, who would've thought. Impressing what Michael and David are up to at the moment! And the Element desktop is one of my favorites for sure. You can watch the vapor forming in the chamber under the halogen, it's a relaxing and very effective design. I'm very curious if it will be back. :)

coolbreeze

Though I must say, winter hiking this past year has been great. Familiar hikes once again turn brand new like you’ve never been there when things are all covered in snow.
Our Covid release was an old farm turned refuge. We went out there every weekend to hike. It was incredible to watch the seasons change everything continuously. No wonder people become inseparable from their places.

...like a happy balloon! :)

The happy balloon made my day, thank you!

René

Hello. First of all, thank you for taking on the task of bringing the lotus back. I know these things are in flux with a new product and subject to change but will preorders for the lotus occur soon? I would like to pick up a vapman and some accessories at the same time and would prefer to order it at the same time even if it delays the vapman delivery. The way that your company has taken on vapman design and production has given me the faith and patience to wait however long it takes.

SteveOG

Been lurking for a while and chanced upon the thread - talk about an origin story! I have an Olive Vapman and when I saw the Lotus thread I thought this I must have. Pre-order now in. However, being a newbie I'm not sure what I'll get - does it come with the metal pipe? Doesn't look like it does. So, what do I need? J-hook? Don't want to use a water pipe. Like the idea of an all wood set-up. Any thoughts on what I can attach it too?

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.
Been lurking for a while and chanced upon the thread - talk about an origin story! I have an Olive Vapman and when I saw the Lotus thread I thought this I must have. Pre-order now in. However, being a newbie I'm not sure what I'll get - does it come with the metal pipe? Doesn't look like it does. So, what do I need? J-hook? Don't want to use a water pipe. Like the idea of an all wood set-up. Any thoughts on what I can attach it too?
14mm male wpa so standard fitting. Mine fits perfectly in a 14/18 glass adapter and use it with a j hook. I’ve seen wood pipes with a 14mm female connection and those would work also.

Canna Chameleon,
Reactions: SteveOG

coolbreeze

The pre-order so far comes with the cap and the WPA, which is a bowl that fits right into any 14mm female joint, so j-hook, yes, bongs too, and also any stem you can find that has a 14mm female joint. The Prophet, for instance is wonderful with the Lotus. I believe the Club has a 14mm joint, but you might have to contact the maker for one without the kit.

They've said they'll provide several stem options when they actually go into main production. The OG aluminum stems have their own bowl built in that's just the same as the WPA bowl in size.

SteveOG

The pre-order so far comes with the cap and the WPA, which is a bowl that fits right into any 14mm female joint, so j-hook, yes, bongs too, and also any stem you can find that has a 14mm female joint. The Prophet, for instance is wonderful with the Lotus. I believe the Club has a 14mm joint, but you might have to contact the maker for one without the kit.

They've said they'll provide several stem options when they actually go into main production. The OG aluminum stems have their own bowl built in that's just the same as the WPA bowl in size.
Thnaks for the options advice. Unfortunately, out of my budget range for those interesting peices. I'll keep looking and also check out the J Hook. Hoping when production ramps up Vapman will have some peices that will match the Lotus style.

Zagala

Received my orders of the 420 special and an OG Swiss walnut but I was really disappointed that for my first interaction there were pieces from my order that did not ship. I sent them a note and hope to hear from them tomorrow. I want to support but I think you have to get what you already paid for.

Edit - I just noticed that I received two Swiss Vapman and no Italian Kotibe 420 Special! Really really disappointed!

New edit - later I tried one of the Swiss Vapman - my first experience with a Vapman, and my early disappointment faded so much I got conquered by this surprising little thing of beauty! Only a few bowls in and while discovering the details I found myself thinking that this is probably the most refined of all the devices I own or have owned. So thank you Vapman folks for the joy this brings. Will discover more and hope to confirm my early thoughts. To bed now.

Apologies for the back to back and the display of my frustration. It is all settled now and the Vapman folks made it right. I will keep what was sent to me in error for a more than generous cost. Happy again and thank you Michael for the pleasant morning response from you.

Last edited:

SteveOG

One of the things I liked about the Vapman is the minimal use of metal and plastics - I don't have a good reaction to metal or plastic in vapes. For some reason its always given me a headache. Same with e-liquids/vaprozers when I quit smoking. I haven't had a chance to try the Vapman out yet for a number of reasons so I am hoping I won't have a reaction and I will have a long wait for the Lotus I ordered. However, do you think this is the device with the least amount of metal/plastic as a component? I know this is a vapman thread but would a Sticky Brick be the next comparable device with least amount of metals/plastc? or something else?

coolbreeze

One of the things I liked about the Vapman is the minimal use of metal and plastics - I don't have a good reaction to metal or plastic in vapes. For some reason its always given me a headache. Same with e-liquids/vaprozers when I quit smoking. I haven't had a chance to try the Vapman out yet for a number of reasons so I am hoping I won't have a reaction and I will have a long wait for the Lotus I ordered. However, do you think this is the device with the least amount of metal/plastic as a component? I know this is a vapman thread but would a Sticky Brick be the next comparable device with least amount of metals/plastc? or something else?
Best of luck with the VM and Lotus. Sticky brick type vapes are metal free besides the magnets, screen and in some cases the Stainless tube joining the vapor path in the blocks (specifically the OG).

SteveOG

Best of luck with the VM and Lotus. Sticky brick type vapes are metal free besides the magnets, screen and in some cases the Stainless tube joining the vapor path in the blocks (specifically the OG).
Thanks coolbreeze. I like the look of the 'Bricks in a kind of chunky aesthetic manner and the Vapman in its more subtle and graceful design. I do like the idea of an all natural wood design with minimal metals and plastic involved. The olive mouthpiece I have with the Vapman is great and works with the design. I think I'll definitly check out the Sticky Bricks but they look like real chunky beasts.

Gourmet

However, do you think this is the device with the least amount of metal/plastic as a component?
The heat surface is gold plated, the filter to the middle part is stainless steel and is heated only indirectly.
The mouthpiece is either glass or wood, depending on personal preference.

The Vapman is one of the few vapos that does not use plastic at all. (unless someone explicitly wants the P.O.M. or metal mouthpiece).

If you are looking for a vaporizer completely without metal, you would have to switch to glassware.
Mobile vapos are therefore rather not to be found in the glass category.

The Sticky bricks is the big exception. But with every puff you pull the exhaust fumes of the lighter into your lungs, which is not everyone's cup of tea.

I can therefore recommend the Vapman for all with sensitive airways or certain allergies.

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
The discussion belongs in a more appropriate thread
Although it'd be wrong to cost this discussion without mentioning the all-glass under$50 TEDs of TRWW, and their dedicated thread. The Terpcicle in particular.

(Edit: I also love that the reverence for Vapmans and their makers means that no-one ever calls out their view that inhaling heated copper (of a damaged bowl) is just fine.)

Gourmet

(Edit: I also love that the reverence for Vapmans and their makers means that no-one ever calls out their view that inhaling heated copper (of a damaged bowl) is just fine.)
The topic of copper comes up here from time to time. ;)

Star kitchens are very fond of copper pans, copper is probably the oldest metal known to mankind and very good with it.

The essential trace element copper is involved in a variety of biological processes that are essential for the maintenance of life. However, in excess it can also be toxic, with the most common chronic effect being damage to the liver.

So far, I am not aware of any health risk from the Vapman that is greater than other vapes. In addition, some vapos have aluminum heating chambers installed. That would make me already rather thoughtful.

Because of a few scratches in the gold coating, however, I'm certainly not worried. Global environmental pollution certainly has more of an impact on our health.

Nevertheless, if somebody have really to worry about his health, it's better to switch to oral cannabis consumption.

And please, do not eat more than one Vapman per month! :D

Dr. G

Old Resident
The heat surface is gold plated, the filter to the middle part is stainless steel and is heated only indirectly.
The mouthpiece is either glass or wood, depending on personal preference.

The Vapman is one of the few vapos that does not use plastic at all. (unless someone explicitly wants the P.O.M. or metal mouthpiece).

If you are looking for a vaporizer completely without metal, you would have to switch to glassware.
Mobile vapos are therefore rather not to be found in the glass category.

The Sticky bricks is the big exception. But with every puff you pull the exhaust fumes of the lighter into your lungs, which is not everyone's cup of tea.

I can therefore recommend the Vapman for all with sensitive airways or certain allergies.
My goodness I learned so much from this one post today. You see...this is why I love this Forum. Thank you Gourmet.

I want to say only one thing before I go...when I medicate with the Vapman its very magical. My experience with the Vapman is just so dreamy...and I use such tiny amounts of herb. Spectacular. That is all. I have really nothing to say.

RitualBasedExtraction

Happiness is of mind, not circumstance.
"I can therefore recommend the Vapman for all with sensitive airways or certain allergies."
Can completely attest to this. Have mild/intermittent asthma and most TEDs disturb my airways enough to cause my asthma to flare up, especially when I'm going for the higher temp, full extraction hits I want; that being said the Vapman is one of the few exceptions where I'm able to get huge rips and suffer little to no asthma flare ups, personally I credit the multiple airholes and the lack of convection.

Top Bottom