Discontinued Vapir NO2

Flavio

Know thyself
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2013 6:10 PM
To: customerservice@air-2.com
Subject: Melting ruber

I´ve bought a vapir No2, and I see a melting ruber inside, the rubber between the chamber and the plastic, I believe I smoked the fumes from it.
What could be happening with the unit ? Even if I do not have the right ro warranty, I would like to know if my unit is one of the ´old´ ones or a rogue. Please contac me.

This is the interesting part, SHE or VAPIR (?) never knew about that problem, and I understand why VAPIR won´t appear on this forum to fix things (yeah... that "sales sales" oriented posture):

Hello,

Thank you for your email, I would be delighted to help. I am very shocked to hear the outcome of your unit and have not heard of this happening before, rest assure we will do our best to help.

To further assist, can you send us a couple digital photos of the unit for review? In addition, I do see a receipt below—however can you forward me the actual full detailed receipt which includes: Date of purchase/ sellers information/ etc… and I can take a look into this for you.

At the moment if you feel the unit is not usable, please do not use. However please keep your unit and all its accessory parts and do not open your unit as it will void any eligible warranty.

Please let me know if you have any questions… rest assure I will further assist and will review your information once received.

Have a wonderful day!

Natalia
Customer Support & Sales

Flavio,
Reactions: Vitolo

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Thought I'd post a little update.

I've watched a few videos, visited Vitolio's site (thank you, it's wonderful), did some Googling, and have started getting really good results by:

Lighter loads - about .05 ir .06 gr, really loose, rather than 0.1 or 0.15 gr. Makes a nice difference

Slowing down. Instead of 3 or 4 quick, deep hits and that's it, I now take smaller hits, slower, and wander around, drink water, or nibble on some food between... usually over about 10 to 15 minutes. Much less "harsh" feeling from the vapor.

Running it through water &/or ice.

Thanks, all, for being so helpful all the time. :)

Enchantre,

exit

I just got some earwax hash which is really awesome, but I don't own a bong or bowl... I only roll joints and vape with my NO2. Since the NO2 is the only thing I have that I guess I can smoke this with, I found the post in here about using some cotton from a q-tip, but is that the best way to go about vaping this stuff? How much should I use, how much earwax hash, etc?

I put a pretty good size (i think) dab on a little bit of cotton and threw it in. I didn't get a lot of vapor from it and I needed to let it run for 4-5 minutes before I got anything but I think this is working fine so far, just wanted to know if anyone else does this stuff with their NO2. I like this wax hash so I don't want to get a whole bong/nail/dome setup to properly enjoy this stuff!

By the way search my posts to see my info about the car chargers.

exit,

PhillyFanatic

Vitolo hell of a post you really have helped countless people navigate the world of NO2 including myself, I ordered some new screens from Vapir, was getting tired of soaking my bottom screens every 4 days and they arrived with a %40 off on your next purchase of NO2 Vaporizer good deal I must say. I must also say again the key to the NO2 success is keeping it clean as a whistle I have a couple of lazy friends who dont clean there NO2s, bad move with this device because its not like a bong where as some are cleaner than others but it will still work with the NO2 if not properly cleaned it will slowly drain the fun and vape experience from the device. clean clean and clean some more %91 alchohol soaks for the straw and plastic top piece are mandatory.

exit

Yes definitely, I've had mine for probably 2 years and i clean it after every time i use it. I only clean the top pieces once every week or two, but it's kept it running well.

Thanks a ton for that video though. A visual reference is better than anything for this stuff.

exit,

Brad93

Hello, I just joined the forum after lurking for a while and wanted to ask a question about this vape to someone who has used it and other newer portables.

I have read through this forum and this sounds like a pretty good vaporizer for the price (about 100 right now on ebay) I have read several reviews that stated that this was a great vaporizer but that the newer models are a lot better. The main thing i am concerned about in a vape is vapor production and efficiency. I don't really care about size to much or all glass pathway. My herbalaire didn't have a piece of glass in it and performed spectacular for me. But now I'm looking for something portable.

I'm not totally opposed to spending more on a portable unit, but do you guys think this unit compares to the vapor production of some of the 150 and up models. I don't care about size though.

Brad93,

Vitolo

Vaporist
If your primary prerequisite is visible vapor production, any unit might disappoint, as each has it's optimal moments.
The NO2 provides a dozen even good hits with even consistent vapor... thicker as the unit is hotter.. but it only uses a tiny amount of herb... It is a medical device.
It sounds like you want more of a recreational tool...
The NO2 is used in my community by a few dozen MMJ patients I know, and all are very happy with them, and I for one use it very often.
If you dont care about size and want vapor production, you might skip over portables and check in to a DBV.
If portable is key here... a Solo can give thicker visual clouds....
For the amount of meds used, the NO2's "visual display of vapor" is on par with the othetr portables...which may produce thicker hits upon observation, but whose chambers use 4-8 times the pile o' meds that is in the NO2.
NO2 is BEST for a person that wishes to medicate and get maximum efficient use of small amounts of meds. Many users use them plugged in as a home unit.

Curiousone

Hello, I just joined the forum after lurking for a while and wanted to ask a question about this vape to someone who has used it and other newer portables.

I have read through this forum and this sounds like a pretty good vaporizer for the price (about 100 right now on ebay) I have read several reviews that stated that this was a great vaporizer but that the newer models are a lot better. The main thing i am concerned about in a vape is vapor production and efficiency. I don't really care about size to much or all glass pathway. My herbalaire didn't have a piece of glass in it and performed spectacular for me. But now I'm looking for something portable.

I'm not totally opposed to spending more on a portable unit, but do you guys think this unit compares to the vapor production of some of the 150 and up models. I don't care about size though.

I first ordered the NO2 for $100 off Buy.com (right before they changed names). I wasn't very impressed with the No2...even though it did work, just not what I wanted coming from a long history of combustion. I was lucky enough to exchange for a solo (paying the price difference, of course) About $60 more including expedited delivery (you can easily find one for $160 new these days). IMO, at the moment the Solo is the best bang for the buck, hands down.

I don't like the size/shape of the No2. I also dislike the plastic tube, although it means nothing to worry about breaking. In addition, the bowl is just too small for me. Takes at least two bowls to get to where a half or less of the solo bowl will get me. The digital temp readout is nice as is the ability to charge and use the unit simultaneously. This is not possible with the Solo unless you buy the special Power adapter.

I can not and will not completely bash the the NO2...for $100 it's hard to beat, but I find the extra money for the Solo was well spent. I have not returned to combustion since buying the Solo. I love it and have no buyers remorse. Hope that helps.

Curiousone,

Vitolo

Vaporist
......even though it did work, just not what I wanted coming from a long history of combustion.....
In addition, the bowl is just too small for me. Takes at least two bowls to get to where a half or less of the solo bowl will get me. .....
This is true for most that are coming from a combustion standpoint... but like I had explained, the NO 2 is more of a medical device.
Patients here like that it takes a tiny pinch, and that the bowl is extra small.
This is the reason that the AromaZaps were so popular among MMJ populations.
The Solo is a cloud chaser's delight, to be sure~

Brad93

I'm gonna take the plunge and try it out. I'm not new to vaporizing so i do realize its not all about the visible vapor, I just want a portable unit for when I'm on the go. When I'm at home i have the Herbalaire and that works wonders for me.

And also wanted to thank you for all of your youtube videos @Vitolo they are very informative.

Brad93,

Vitolo

Vaporist
read instructions.
DO NOT open device and heat it to burn off residues.... you would not turn your oven at home on with the door open.
Do soak that tube in hot (not boiling) water for 10 minutes before you use it...
Dry it well using forced air, suction, or natural drying with time, like dishes. (not by blowing through it)
The NO2 fans here will help you out if you have questions or need tips.

Tickdickler

Hey everyone, I'm new to the community but not new to vapes. I just picked up the NO2 yesterday, I did a lot of reading on this forum before using it. I noticed a slight plastic smell when I turned it on. I ran it dry with out the top on for an hour and this reduced the smell dramatically. I noticed when I first turned it on there was also some vapor coming out for about 20 minutes, this kind of concerns me but I read that it is normal with this device. I soaked the tube in warm water and then I used the thing. So far I like it, I think it just taste a little odd compared to the other vapes I own/owned.

Day 2, used it to wake and bake, tastes a little more normal to me now and now I notice no plastic smell (possibly covered up by residue smell). Besides the taste, this thing gets the job done nicely with only a small amount of herb.

If you want to share some tips and tricks that would be awesome.

Vitolo

Vaporist
I am surely happy to see another satisfied NO2 user.
You did good by soaking that tube,... too many people forget.
If you went back a few pages... and in fact all through this thread....
There are numerous recommendations NOT to run the NO2 with the top off.
It is the same as turning your oven at home to 350 and leaving the door open.
Doing so can dramatically reduce the life of any vaporizer.
Be sure to register your warranty!

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
the main tip with the NO2 is to keep it clean. I've never had a hint of a problem with it. only thing is the Draw can get very restricted and my top screen needs cleaning often, I know its just regular maintenance but cleaning the screens is so important to getting good hits on this vape. If you keep it clean and charged not much can go wrong. Maybe not much help, Just common sense But.......
HAPPY VAPIN'

RUDE BOY,

Tickdickler

I am surely happy to see another satisfied NO2 user.
You did good by soaking that tube,... too many people forget.
If you went back a few pages... and in fact all through this thread....
There are numerous recommendations NOT to run the NO2 with the top off.
It is the same as turning your oven at home to 350 and leaving the door open.
Doing so can dramatically reduce the life of any vaporizer.
Be sure to register your warranty!

Well I only ran it dry without the top on for an hour. I got worried when I saw vapor coming out with nothing in it. Has there been a explanation for that?

I'm on day 4 and everything seems fine now. Here is my water pipe set up to it.

KcQCva6.jpg

Tickdickler,

Vitolo

Vaporist
The explanation, is that you heated the oven with the door open.
This makes things in there get hotter than they are intended to be.
Many that heated the unit open have seen wisps.
that is because the unit has already reached max temperature, but since door is open it is still trying to heat.
People rationalize that they have "done good" and that the wisps are some factory residues. Not true.
The wisps of vapor/smoke are the unit getting hotter than 400.
It is not going to kill the unit to have done this once or twice, but it will not extend it's life to repeat this often.

baltik

I've heated my unit without the top on for 2 years now, runs like a champ...
i think that the screens Vapir uses have machining oil on them, I always pull mine and take a lighter to them to burn everything off...

baltik,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I use Iso (91%) to "pre-treat" the replacement screens of other users before their use.
I have used my NO2 daily for over 2 years, and have never changed my screens, just cleaned them.

TNK

Alright, took the plunge and purchased the NO2 two days ago. Glad I did. I know the challenge is to keep it clean but all smoking paraphernalia should be treated this way, wands and tubing come to mind.

Works as I was hoping, I went to 7-11 and purchased a Big Gulp cup to put it in and down the road I went!

For two days now I have not encountered a problem, try not to have one. I set my temp a 181 c and I keep it there. The hits seem smooth and consistent for 10 - 12 hits. Comes out nice and brown too. I will admit the taste is not as clean as GonG, meaning it's a little on the plastic side. The trade off is I can not drive around with the SSV in a Big Gulp cup.

At home I like the way it stands, the battery weighs it down nicely. I don't have it connected to any pipes yet and may not, I like the simplicity of picking up and hitting.

Over all it works well I don't care for the plastic taste but for a travel along unit its fine. I may look into a GonG hand-held for home use. Which leads me to say this my three home units all seem like dinosaurs now compared to hand-helds.

Well that's my 2cents worth

dementyev

I recently got a Vapir NO2 and am blown away by it. I've only used a Hot Box vaporizer before, the temperature regulation on the NO2 makes it insanely efficient & easy to avoid accidental burning, a problem with the Hot Box vaporizer. Using the same quantity & quantity of herb it gets me as high as any other method I've ever used. The chamber holds about 0.2g if you pack it somewhat tight.

The only concern I have with it is workings of the heating method itself. I've heard the NO2 called a combination of conduction (herb directly contacts heating element(s)) & convection (herb is heated by drawn or forced air) vaporizer. So I am now wondering what temperature the chamber walls reach (I run it at the maximum of 400F) and if that alone is enough to result in some vaporization. Because if it is then some of the herb is being wasted in the times between when I pack it and when I draw on it. I strive for maximum efficiency above all other things so that worries me. Does anyone know what temperatures the chamber walls reach? Anyone with an IR thermometer who could check? Is the design philosophy to make the chamber conduction heat the herb just below the vaporization temperature then have the convection (ie the hits) bring the temperature over the threshold? I hear that is the intended operation of medical grade devices, which is more or less what this thing qualifies as. I would love to see the full design schematic to know exactly where the heating element is and where or if there is any direct contact to the chamber walls of the thing, but probably won't until this one dies which hopefully will be in quite a good while.

Maybe I should start around 320 & scale the temperature up a bit after each hit to ensure maximum efficiency. Anyone have any experience or observations about this question of efficiency and dual functioning conduction/convection devices?

dementyev,
Top Bottom