Discontinued Vapir NO2

stricknine

willieR said:
I don't think all NO2 units are bad.

iOlite had a similiar situation where everyone was complaining of the mouth piece braking. My friend had several of his crack and break for no reason. I even saw it happen one time. Mine...I had it longer that my friend had his yet I never had mine break once.

Maybe that is what is happening with the NO2. Hope I get a good one.

Thanks for the good wishes willieR

stricknine,

lwien

stricknine said:
willieR said:
I don't think all NO2 units are bad.

iOlite had a similiar situation where everyone was complaining of the mouth piece braking. My friend had several of his crack and break for no reason. I even saw it happen one time. Mine...I had it longer that my friend had his yet I never had mine break once.

Maybe that is what is happening with the NO2. Hope I get a good one.

Thanks for the good wishes willieR

Yes, stick, Iolite did have an issue with that, but the difference was that they came on here and not only admitted to the problem, but they corrected it with an improved mouthpiece and stayed in contact here for a bit to make sure that the issue was corrected.

Vapir, on the other hand, has basically done just the opposite.

I too, hope you get a good one. It is a gamble.

lwien,

stricknine

lwien said:

Thanks Iwien. Haven't followed the Vapir company other than is what is in the forum.
If it sucks and I lose my money because they won't make it right, I just lost 130 dollars.

I have done worse.... LOL... Like when I pay too much every time I buy a new car and don't realize it until I get home or the next day.

stricknine,

willieR

Been here since 2009
lwien said:
Yes, stick, Iolite did have an issue with that, but the difference was that they came on here and not only admitted to the problem, but they corrected it with an improved mouthpiece and stayed in contact here for a bit to make sure that the issue was corrected.

Vapir, on the other hand, has basically done just the opposite.

Took the words right out of my mouth. In retrospect I think the iolite incident was a success story. They didn't fart around and engineered a permanent solution.

willieR,

Randd

stricknine said:
lwien said:

Thanks Iwien. Haven't followed the Vapir company other than is what is in the forum.
If it sucks and I lose my money because they won't make it right, I just lost 130 dollars.

I have done worse.... LOL... Like when I pay too much every time I buy a new car and don't realize it until I get home or the next day.

I paid too much.

Randd,
vapir-no2-review.jpg

portableherbalvaporizer.n et/vapir-no2-review

Apparently Willie Nelson likes this. LOL. Did I even spell his name right? Haha.

I am thinking of buying one. I have been using a Ubie I bought off Amazon for $15, it vaporizers with a lighter and fits in my pocket. It surprisingly works pretty good but time to upgrade.

blueberrydream,

djonkoman

old age isn't required... I lost most of my smell too, but I have episodes that I suddenly smell as much as I think everyone else smells, or even better
the upside is farts don't bother me, even the stinkiest I can't smell, the only downside is that I often can't taste weed:(

djonkoman,

vegasman

Well, this first and likely last post from me is aimed at others like me and will hopefully be received as good entertainment by most of the seasoned members of this very wide spectrum forum. It's based mostly on my far ranging experience of the last 5ish days, so clearly light entertainment.

I am a newly retired baby boomer who used to occasionally get stoned in graduate school 40ish+ years ago and I have recently gone back to my old habit (many others will follow over the next 10 Years). I have been busy with life and have no idea what happened in MJ land over the time frame. I recently bought a trusty pipe, I still like the old effect and I searched the internet to buy new screens. I ran across this weird (to me) herb vapor subject, quickly realized that it's MJ OK, stumbled into the NO2 ads and when I saw Willie, I figured I would buy a new toy. If it's good enough for him it's good enough for me. The price falls into my "toy" category and if no good, it simply goes into my discarded toy pile. My next toy will be a radar detector, for the fun of it and it too may or may not end up in the discard pile.

I knew nothing when I received it (NO2) so I started searching and ran into the U tube videos. Since I also bought 100 regular screens (a la pipe) and realized the NO2 needs special screens, I searched to see how to make my own fancy NO2 screens and somehow a google page 3 link went DIRECTLY into THIS thread. Fascinated, I spent a full day reading every single post herein and can easily understand the polarization that has developed over this device. Recreational users and the far more important medicinal users see things differently and to me it's no different than politics.

To be honest, it (reading all posts) scared the hell out of me and I was prepared to pitch the NO2 into my junk pile, because I wanted to err on the side of the experienced on this subject. However, armed with the cumulative sense of the Group, I tentatively used it. All I can say is WOW, there is something to this vapor stuff (like drinking fine wine). Maybe I lucked out (like getting a royal flush in video poker) but this NO2 invention is better than sliced bread to me. It did not blow up or do anything remotely close to the myriad of negative comments in this thread, performed exactly as advertised and is was fun tweaking it. However, the negativity in this thread against the NO2 is self evident and is hopefully not simply based on the history of the Company.

My advice to others like me that may STUMBLE into this thread is that this vaping stuff is far better than using a match, the NO2 is an awesome toy BUT get it from a reliable, returnable source in case you happen to receive one of the claimed duds that one has to believe exist. Perhaps an improved yet still affordable version will soon evolve.

To all, thanks for the advances in MJism over the years, the myriad of mostly civilized opinions on the NO2 and the relative lack of flaming (the great mod did step in a couple of times). I enjoyed this thread but I will now return to my world. This one post wonder is not from a shill and I will continue to support and try to help change the atmosphere for the the medicinal users who deserve far better treatment from our Society. In my own way, I may help improve these devices over the long run....r

vegasman,

lwien

FLskwat said:
Arghf Lwien, must be awful loosing those... I'm sorry for you! :D :ninja: :D

Yeah, but I'm not as old as he is, so don't feel sorry for me.................yet. :/

lwien,

willieR

Been here since 2009
Glad you like your unit, vegasman. I think the bigger issue is with all of the documented great vapes out there, why would anyone knowingly buy a unit that has such a high rate of duds?

I understand that you bought without much research, and you lucked out. Great. If someone is planning and researching, they'll likely buy something with a better track record.

willieR,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
lwien said:
FLskwat said:
Arghf Lwien, must be awful loosing those... I'm sorry for you! :D :ninja: :D

Yeah, but I'm not as old as he is, so don't feel sorry for me.................yet. :/

I know, just a little joke...

@Vegas: great 1st post. Hope to see you around! Enjoy your new device!

FLskwat,

Adaox

willieR said:
Adaox suggested I get a MFLB if stealth was what I was after. He was so right.

Guess who's back?! Vapir's best shill. Working hard suggesting other vapes!

lwien said:
Cairo1 said:
Contrast Vapir's track record with other flawed products and uncaring dismissive attitude with a group like Magic Flight that has gone to great lengths to demonstrate that they care about us.

Agreed, and it is the exact reason why I have been so vocal here as well as at some other sites regarding Vapir. It's one thing to release a product in the marketplace that has problems. Shit happens (although it seems to happen more with Vapir than any other vaporizer manufacturer that I know of). But............it's quite another to astroturf in this thread in an effort to mitigate the negative reviews rather than come in here and address the issues head on. I'm not suggesting that any of the very recent posts are bogus, but if one reads through this thread from the very beginning, it becomes painfully obvious what is taking place, and in my opinion, this type of behavior is reprehensible.

The only thing that has been painfully obvious is the flack this unit gets. Just because Vapir isn't here to tell you how much they care about you... they are teh evul!

Clearly sound logic.

Oh and while we're talking about track records, lets remember that what happened with other vapir products clearly is what's going on here. That's why we're posting on the Vapir thread and not the No2 thread..........

willieR said:
stricknine said:
Do I feel like I am taking a chance after reading all of the negative reviews, Yes. But, I am basing my buying decision on actually using a brand new one vs. what could be prejudiced opinions on the forum for one reason or another.

I don't think all NO2 units are bad. I would point out that most of the singing praises for this unit are either from dealers or nearly first-time posters. The critical comments are often from those that have been posting here for a looong time.

If there's a chance for prejudiced opinions, I would say the prejudice lies with those pushing the NO2 for some gain, not the other way around.

I hope you enjoy your new vape in any event.

Please point out the dealers to me. I'll wait. :) Really I've got a while...

Let me clear something up for you all. If anyone is a dealer, odds are they sell more than one type of unit. Which means they really don't care what you buy. You're still buying. Most dealers are just that... dealers.

Now then, what gain is there for them? (Besides the aforementioned profits they are going to make anyways?)

Not to mention vapes for the most part are one time purchases. It's not like you buy a vape every day. So when you do, the dealer only really cares that...

A) You buy
B) You're happy

Oh and point B) is optional. The dealers are the ones making the profits anyways. The manufacturer has already sold it to them wholesale. They've made their money. If they want to make more, they'll stress point B). Which means smart dealers want you to be happy. Most people are happy with working units... Period.

This thread fascinates me. Bad reviews instantly honest and good intentioned. Good reviews... must be a shill or some pleeb noob, with a bad sense of taste.

I wonder why after 1 or 2 posts and being labeled a shill, why anyone would come back.

That's actually one of the major reasons I haven't posted on here in a while...

Oh and incase anyone is keeping score. My No2 has gone thru over a half lb of meds in less than 4 months. I promise you more people have tried my No2 than you think... and no one has ever mentioned any other flavor or taste than. "That was bomb" "Good fucking lord, that was clean" "OMG Vapes can do that?!" Etc. Etc. Etc.

But hey. I guess I just got lucky with my No2. :o

mod note: Calling another member a shill is considered flaming. If you can't restrain yourself in this area, I suggest avoiding the threads in question, at least.

Adaox,

willieR

Been here since 2009
Adaox said:
But hey. I guess I just got lucky with my No2.

That's the only part of your post that's worth reading. The NO2 in general is clearly poorly crafted with equally poor selection of materials. If you have a unit that you're happy with, wonderful. I'm happy for you.

Mine is junk

willieR,

Adaox

Adaox said:
mod note: Calling another member a shill is considered flaming. If you can't restrain yourself in this area, I suggest avoiding the threads in question, at least.

Member Note: I was calling myself a shill. A term that has been loosely thrown around this thread. Interesting concept though avoid threads that you're not happy with. Clearly *I* need to take this advise.

willieR said:
Adaox said:
But hey. I guess I just got lucky with my No2.

That's the only part of your post that's worth reading. The NO2 in general is clearly poorly crafted with equally poor selection of materials. If you have a unit that you're happy with, wonderful. I'm happy for you.

Mine is junk

Yes yours is junk. Just like all the junk cars that go out and get returned... I think there is a phrase for those. Ah yes lemons. The difference is, you can't take a vape back like you can a car... but please point out to me it's poor craftsmanship. I won't argue about poor selection of materials, since there are always better materials. Always. Even the beloved MFLB has been questioned about their material selection... but they are here to talk to ya so it's ok.

This is an open forum with an open door last I checked. Manufacturers, dealers, and people have the right to come and go as they please.... or not come at all. Honestly if a Vapir rep did come here, they'd be run off sooner than later with this crowd.

There is nothing better than an educated crowd with bad information... The biggest challenge to learning is already knowing.

Oh and that's why I own 2 MFLB's actually. I didn't like my first one so I bought another one to give it another shake... turns out the first one came with duds for batteries.

Good thing I make my mind up after first impressions. :rolleyes:

mod note: Quoting another member and immediately posting "Guess who's back?! Vapir's best shill." does NOT make it clear that you're referring to yourself. I would suggest that avoiding derogatory terms entirely is a safer way to post. And responding to a mod note in a thread/post is not allowed. Consider this an official warning.

Adaox,

lwien

Adaox said:
Honestly if a Vapir rep did come here, they'd be run off sooner than later with this crowd.

If Vapir came in here and tried to debunk what has been experienced by some of the long time users here, than yes, they would be run off, as well they should. But..........if they came in here with a serious intent of trying to find out what the problem was and had a serious intent to correct these issues, than they would be welcomed here with open arms.

lwien,

willieR

Been here since 2009
lwien, I agree. Ignoring a notable forum used by people to make purchasing decisions is bad business. So you have to wonder why they're aren't openly presenting themselves. I refuse to believe that they are unaware of this forum. So they choose to not engage. Engage openly, that is. I'm sure they're here in spirit ;)

willieR,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Is there some type of random secret pattern loop going around here?? :D :D
Have we created a very specific ceremonial ? :

X says..."I like my NO2" or "I don't like my NO2" (BTW Adaox, it was very pleasant reading you!)

Lwien says... "Nice for you but Vapir is unprofessional, evil, and astroturfing everywhere"

WillieR says..."You are right Lwien."

Flskwat says..."Some people have non defective units..."

and then we go for another round! I'm getting used to it! ;)

FLskwat,

Adaox

willieR said:
lwien, I agree. Ignoring a notable forum used by people to make purchasing decisions is bad business. So you have to wonder why they're aren't openly presenting themselves. I refuse to believe that they are unaware of this forum. So they choose to not engage. Engage openly, that is. I'm sure they're here in spirit ;)

Forums generally mean little to a manufacturer. Unless it's their forums, which theses aren't.

In any case Mr. FLskwat is the main reason I'm back. Maybe we can actually discuss the... No2! *Gasp*

My main questions have to do with cleaning. I'm a fairly lazy guy, so I just buy replacement screens all the time. >.>

How do you keep those little boogers clean? And how do you keep your no2, in general, spiffy?

I deep clean mine weekly (when I replace my screens) at the moment. Just wondering your habits/methods as they are probably better than mine.

/end discussion.
/flame shield on

:p

Adaox,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Adaox said:
willieR said:

Forums generally mean little to a manufacturer. Unless it's their forums, which theses aren't.

In any case Mr. FLskwat is the main reason I'm back. Maybe we can actually discuss the... No2! *Gasp*

My main questions have to do with cleaning. I'm a fairly lazy guy, so I just buy replacement screens all the time. >.>

How do you keep those little boogers clean? And how do you keep your no2, in general, spiffy?

I deep clean mine weekly (when I replace my screens) at the moment. Just wondering your habits/methods as they are probably better than mine.

/end discussion.
/flame shield on

:p

I don't own an n02 but the screens on my EQ clog easily, I have 5 total, and i usually have 2-3 sitting in a water bottle with enough iso to cover them, shaking occasionally. I cycle them out, always having some clean...rinse with water and let dry before using them.

Purpl3_Haz3,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
@Adaox:
For the screens: Process described by PH is correct. I do the same: switch from one screen to an ISO clean one every week.
For the NO2 itself: I separate all the parts from the black nipple lid and dump them separately (except the Oring...Orings don't like iso!) in this same iso bath and use a Q-tip with iso to clean NO2's guts walls (NO2 in a head down position + crank it up 10 mn. with open lid when your done, for 100% ISO evaporation).
For the tubing: I just reclaim the vape honey once the tubing is really amber color, then replace it by a new tubing!
Oh and thx for coming back! ;)

FLskwat,
Top Bottom