Discontinued Vapir NO2

poonman

skystate said:
Been about a year. Unit still runing like a champ. Used at least once a day during this time. Vaping may have saved my life.

Good to hear , skystate

Well it's been 2 straight weeks of constant daily usage :)
1.The battery life is not as well as I would like it to be .I'm glad I got a car charger/inverter.imo
2.No more wisps of smoke after Vito's suggestion of reg/cleaning.
3.Warranty verified by Vapir.

But I understand what DrPiff is saying.
Being a Newbie, I'm very curious in the different material the cooking chamber is made of
and the diff. taste it must emit. ie . glass on glass , ceramic.
So far I've only experienced metallic . More thread reading required to determine my next buy.

Thanks all

:mflb:,NO2,VC

poonman,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Hey guys...I wanted to share my weekend project with you all. I did this for about 6 bucks worth of rubber gromits from my local head shop.

2011-08-02_21-56-36_304.jpg

2011-08-02_21-55-22_682.jpg

2011-08-02_21-55-01_444.jpg

2011-08-02_21-54-25_341.jpg

2011-08-02_21-53-57_1.jpg

Also works AWESOME with the MFLB. :peace:

mvapes,

poonman

mvapes said:
Hey guys...I wanted to share my weekend project with you all. I did this for about 6 bucks worth of rubber gromits from my local head shop.

Very nice !
What are rubber gromits ?

And has anyone else noticed the 2 grey plus/minus buttons and the red power button ,
looks like a smiley half/winking face ?

Ok
Back to my NO2

poonman,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
poonman said:
mvapes said:

Very nice !
What are rubber gromits ?

And has anyone else noticed the 2 grey plus/minus buttons and the red power button ,
looks like a smiley half/winking face ?

Ok
Back to my NO2

Thats hillarious dude...your right!

bugged_out.jpg

:lmao:

mvapes,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
poonman said:
I need a car charger asap .
my local "shop" does not have it in stock .

Is it true you can use a standard 12 v car charger ?
and what is the "female" end of the plug called ?

I'm glad you like your NO2! You can use any car charger that has the same connector type, mostly sold as "GPS car charger". I found mine on the auction bay for like 10$ shipped. Has been working perfectly for a few weeks (months) now.

Cheers!

Vaporisateur,
Hi all,

I have updated my last post on page 39 with some notes I forgot to add. I haven't had time to check back until now but it seems like people are posting some good info. Keep up the good work!

- Agaliarept

agaliarept,

poonman

agaliarept said:
Hi all,

I have updated my last post on page 39 with some notes I forgot to add. I haven't had time to check back until now but it seems like people are posting some good info. Keep up the good work!

- Agaliarept

Very nice update .
Excellent reading material .

Questions :
1.How do you like the NO2 so far ?
2.What is "your favorite temp " when vaping a whole bud ? You did not say .
But I really want to try it .

Again,
Informative as heck !

poonman,

Vitolo

Vaporist
It has been a long time since I posted here in the NO2 thread.. and I did not want my NO2 to feel left out.. and you see there is news about this little guy.
I had recently bought a couple of glass bongs, and one in particular was in my mind great to use with portables, as it had a low water/resistance/draw ratio.
I was toying around in my tubing dresser, and in the NO2 drawer I found some NO2 replacement tubing (it comes in double lengths that you cut down).
Wow! It fits inside of the 14mm downstem perfectly! This does open a world of inventive possibilities, for all vapes.. in the areas of seals, gaskets, etc.. But even better, it works with the NO2 and with the 10"pedestal bong, with NO additional connectors needed!

Touch image

Vitolo,
Reactions: Solomon

poonman

excellent demo/vid as usual Mr. Vito .
so the most important factor/spec is the 14mm downstem ?

1. 3rd straight week of daily usage .:)
2. battery life at 369 F. aprox 2 hrs . not bad for a portable .
yes , I'm glad I got the car/inverter for extra power on the go .
3. I'm also using reg. screens for replacements to save a few $ as suggested .
4. I want to buy a home-use vape with a different cooking chamber . ie glass / ceramic
any suggestions veteran vapers ? ( threads to read about )

anyone ?
Bueller ?

poonman,

turtles

Mine never seems to fully charged, regardless of what I do when I leave it plugged in (off, on, on+ heating)
Using the oem charger. Any advice?

turtles,

Vitolo

Vaporist
@turtles - under the word "actual" there is a box with 4 lines in it.
It can not be at 4 lines ever, while warming up, or functioning... even if it is plugged in,
If you turn unit on, while plugged in.. but make sure that the red/green light is off. The 4 lines will show.
When unit is charged, and red/green light is off... the 4 lines will remain when unit is unplugged.
When heating or when in use, the lines will instantly cycle, and not function as an indicator again, until units heater has turned off.
If the unit is plugged in and still shows under 4 lines, then the batteries indicator may be off. How long have you been using that battery? Do you get an hour on the move of charge? The Batteries do wear out eventually. Are you saying that plugged in you never see 4 lines?

Poonman... using other screens to save money is a smart thing..which screen are you replacing? (I ask because I only have cleaned my top screen once)
As for the home unit.. you are looking to conserve herb?? Looking to do occasional big hits?
I will send you a couple ideas!

Vitolo,

poonman

Thanks Vito for your suggestion of a home-use vape .
I will read more on the SSV . I'm looking for taste / flavor from different cooking chamber material
ie glass or ceramic .Conservation of herb is always good . I find the Volcano uses to much .imo

As for the screens I'm using ,
It's just the reg/screens , silver/grey colored.
Not the brass colored ones . ( only because they were out of stock , they're cheaper also and
more flexible to mold . )
I had to trim it though to fit in the chamber above the 4 small holes .
I've never changed the top screen that is attached to the mouthpiece/nipple part .
I've only soaked the entire mouthpiece in ISO for 30 to 60 minutes to clean .
I've twisted the small screen off the mouthpiece before , but it was a bugger to
twisted back into place . That is why I just soak the entire mouthpiece . ( Please advise if
that is bad to do ).

I didn't know that read " actual " .
I also thought it was 4 permanent bars .

poonman,

Vitolo

Vaporist
The replacement screens are stainless steel.. are extremely fine grain.. and are molded in a way that makes them fit perfectly and is difficult to reproduce. I won't question the function of yours, since I never seen it up close.
I never soaked the entire top in Iso.
My only concern is that it could degrade the material over time.. but then it can be replaced later if need be.
removing that piece is easy once you get the hang of it.
I never use my fingers "head on".. I use them sideways like unscrewing a bolt.
yesno.jpg

If you clean up this little space of oil every two or three uses.. with a toothpick, q-tip- or something you will not need to clean the top as often by far!
oilrun.jpg

I don't usually save this oil.. although I do harvest and vape my SSV wand cleanings :brow:
But some smokers wipe the oil on rolling papers to smoke.
clean-2.jpg

Vitolo,

poonman

Yes I've tried that "screwing in a bolt way " method . Still tough , maybe more repeated tries
will loosen it up .
I will do the nipple more often . ( as taught to me by my 1st wife ) haha .
I do like to collect the resin on papers for smoking joints .
But I find standing my :mflb: upright on top of a paper , I get some really nice
round brown dots afterwards .

On a side note ,
you maybe the perfect person to ask this .

When I used to smoke only , all was left was ashes .
It's hard for me to flush large coffee cups of brown ABV down the toilet .
I've heard some cancer patients will re-smoke the ABV to help sleep better .
Is that true ?
Any advice ?

Thanks again ,
as usual

poonman,

Vitolo

Vaporist
hell yeah
I eat abv and make tincture with it.
Some folks smoke it, but it tastes a bit harsh and bad (IMO)
I eat every drop of my ABV... or as I said make tinctures (which wind up as food or drink)
This website as well as others are filled with recipes and stories by many... me included.. of eating and preparing items with ABV.
please dont throw it out
The heavier cannabinoids that cause the body highs dont vape till after 400 and are still left behind!

Vitolo,

poonman

Thank you Vito ,
I see the threads .
I mostly vape at 369 F to 380 F for extra last hits sometimes .
I've never gone up to 400 F . Good info .
Yes I have heard about the harshness of smoking it .
Well I'm just gonna have to get out my cooking skills, it looks like some baking involved in
some recipes . I can handle baking .

Recycle ; Re-use ; Re-hit
I like it !

poonman,

Donkey

My NO2 broke because the old power cord stopped working so I used a different, much more powerful power cord. Im not sure what happened, but whenever I plug it in, it smells like burning plastic.

Donkey,

Vitolo

Vaporist
It warns against using any other source in the manual...
and going higher in power will not help the situation.

Vitolo,

nr-cole

^ Firecrackers are my personal favourite use for my ABV. Grind it up as fine as it'll go, to dust if you can. Blend a few grams into a few scoops of peanut butter and nutella and smear it all over a large graham cracker, I like the long rectangle-shaped ones. Put another cracker on top to make a sandwich. Double seal with tin-foil and toss it in the oven at 425f for 20 minutes. When it comes out let it cool in the tin foil and then when you can comfortably remove the foil with your hands, it's chow time :D Knocks me flat on my ass every time :)

There's more detailed recipes in the cooking forum.

nr-cole,
Reactions: Solomon

turtles

Vitolo said:
@turtles - under the word "actual" there is a box with 4 lines in it.
It can not be at 4 lines ever, while warming up, or functioning... even if it is plugged in,
If you turn unit on, while plugged in.. but make sure that the red/green light is off. The 4 lines will show.
When unit is charged, and red/green light is off... the 4 lines will remain when unit is unplugged.
When heating or when in use, the lines will instantly cycle, and not function as an indicator again, until units heater has turned off.
If the unit is plugged in and still shows under 4 lines, then the batteries indicator may be off. How long have you been using that battery? Do you get an hour on the move of charge? The Batteries do wear out eventually. Are you saying that plugged in you never see 4 lines?

Poonman... using other screens to save money is a smart thing..which screen are you replacing? (I ask because I only have cleaned my top screen once)
As for the home unit.. you are looking to conserve herb?? Looking to do occasional big hits?
I will send you a couple ideas!
I plugged it in for 2 days strait with the power switch set to on and the heating element off, when I unplugged it it showed 2 bars and when I turn the element on it goes to 1

turtles,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Then it sounds like your battery may be trying to die. You can still use the unit, but likely on battery only you will only get about an hour.
The batteries are not too expensive ($40.00)
They generally do not start to degrade until after a year or even more.
I know one person whose battery needed to be replaced in 8 months though.
The units themselves have a one year warranty, but the batteries only have a 90 day warranty.
I would not grab a new battery randomly on ebay or amazon just to get a bargain, as they may be after market items.
I would get it from Puffitup NO2 Batteries or another dealer known to be "Authorized Distributor".

Vitolo,

turtles

Vitolo said:
Then it sounds like your battery may be trying to die. You can still use the unit, but likely on battery only you will only get about an hour.
The batteries are not too expensive ($40.00)
They generally do not start to degrade until after a year or even more.
I know one person whose battery needed to be replaced in 8 months though.
The units themselves have a one year warranty, but the batteries only have a 90 day warranty.
I would not grab a new battery randomly on ebay or amazon just to get a bargain, as they may be after market items.
I would get it from Puffitup NO2 Batteries or another dealer known to be "Authorized Distributor".
Honestly I may even be within 90 days still, I'll have to double check if the shop is authorized or not.

turtles,

Vitolo

Vaporist
You would need to have activated your warranty... I would recomend that you call the number from your manual and get details on whether you are registered etc.
If you still have your receipt.. ask iif you can register your warranty late.
It does not hurt to try.
:2c:

Vitolo,

omonibo

nr-cole said:
^ Firecrackers are my personal favourite use for my ABV. Grind it up as fine as it'll go, to dust if you can. Blend a few grams into a few scoops of peanut butter and nutella and smear it all over a large graham cracker, I like the long rectangle-shaped ones. Put another cracker on top to make a sandwich. Double seal with tin-foil and toss it in the oven at 425f for 20 minutes. When it comes out let it cool in the tin foil and then when you can comfortably remove the foil with your hands, it's chow time :D Knocks me flat on my ass every time :)

There's more detailed recipes in the cooking forum.

Hi, trying this recipe as we speak.

I'm not sure how many grams I put in but I'm guessing around 2.5 of ABV, and I ground it up to a dust consistency.

Didn't have nutella so these'll be plain peanut butter firecrackers.

I'll report back, thanks again

omonibo,
Top Bottom