Discontinued Vapir NO2

Vitolo

Vaporist
I agree, and knowing that you were so displeased by reading this thread, they should have offered to do something for you... it is not like your'e some novice of the street, whining.
That does suck, that you got caught "in the middle" of the storm.
I wish I could have a couple of hours with your unit to look at it well.

Vitolo,

willieR

Been here since 2009
No worries. I don't care about the cost of the unit. It's the principle of the thing.

willieR,

countzerooo

I'm a noob to vaping, and just purchased the N02. I have to say, I'm looking forward to the experiance.

countzerooo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
let it cool a few minutes before emptying the spent herb.
let the unit charge for a while before using it.. (even though you could use it plugged in).. I think it is good to let the unit air out after box is opened for 30 minutes!
Congrats on getting your 1st vape!
Once vaping you will be really pleased. :)
I really enjoy using my NO2!

Vitolo,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
You can even do a security "empty max temp" session (recommended by the user manual if my memory still works a little) to make sur there is no offgasing at all!
So crank it up, don't put the cap and leave it open till auto-shutoff... ;)

FLskwat,

budballer

hey actually, im curious at any point does heated vapor pass through the plastic fins? or any plastic at all?

budballer,

Vitolo

Vaporist
No. only fresh air enters fins.. the only plastic that ever comes on contact with heated air is the food grade silicon tube to the mouthpiece.
edit note:
*I did just read the manual, but found no reference to leaving unit open, and heating till shut off.
What I did find in the new manual in a more prominant spot was the suggestion to soak the new tube in hot (not boiling) water prior to use, to clean any residues.

Vitolo,

willieR

Been here since 2009
The mouthpiece is plastic. That might count. I personally liked the heavy plastic of the unit. Seemed industrial.

willieR,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Hmmm my memory is then defective...Anyhow good way to see if fumes are offgasing...
For the tubing: just switch to medical silicone...the stock tubing sucks IMO (it's vinyl, berk).

FLskwat,
I have had the N02 for about a week now. I opened the box and it smelled of plastic. I turned it on empty and the smell got worse. I could definitely tell the plastic was outgassing or burning when hot. Every day I have been running the vape at full temp (400 degrees F). The smell has reduced a bit but it still tastes like plastic (still have not put anything in it). A plastic vapor actually comes out of the unit when hot and can only be seen under a light. This weekend I plan on placing the mouthpiece in the oven for an hour above 400 to see if I can bake out any residues. The unit is a refurb but was packaged well. I can tell the mouth piece and the housing around the heating element is a different plastic than the body. I have an herbalaire which is a great unit which uses medical grade nylon as the insulator. The N02 seems to be a great unit in terms of functionality but I will not inhale anything out of it until the outgassing problem is solved. I may take the unit apart to bake the housing in the oven and check out any design problems on the inside. I hope to hear back from the manufacturer about the kind of plastic used in the mouth piece. I am an engineer and have long term experience with my herbalaire so I should be able to post some helpful info in the future.

agaliarept,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Hi Agaliarept, sorry to hear about what seems to be a typical defective NO2 unit... maybe you should contact Vapir though if it's a refurb...I'm not sure they will help!
About the mouthpiece... I'm not an engineer but I would not bake it in the oven!!! I think it's FDA plastic not resistant to high temps, but I might be totally wrong! ;)

FLskwat,

Tim

budballer said:
how big are the hits from this unit? Can it compare to an extreme q with whip?

They're full, but not quite THAT full. The NO2 is good enough that some nights I leave the EQ off, though.

Tim,

Vitolo

Vaporist
agaliarept said:
I have had the N02 for about a week now. I opened the box and it smelled of plastic. I turned it on empty and the smell got worse. I could definitely tell the plastic was outgassing or burning when hot. Every day I have been running the vape at full temp (400 degrees F). The smell has reduced a bit but it still tastes like plastic (still have not put anything in it). A plastic vapor actually comes out of the unit when hot and can only be seen under a light. This weekend I plan on placing the mouthpiece in the oven for an hour above 400 to see if I can bake out any residues. The unit is a refurb but was packaged well. I can tell the mouth piece and the housing around the heating element is a different plastic than the body. I have an herbalaire which is a great unit which uses medical grade nylon as the insulator. The N02 seems to be a great unit in terms of functionality but I will not inhale anything out of it until the outgassing problem is solved. I may take the unit apart to bake the housing in the oven and check out any design problems on the inside. I hope to hear back from the manufacturer about the kind of plastic used in the mouth piece. I am an engineer and have long term experience with my herbalaire so I should be able to post some helpful info in the future.
Ads an engineer, you are at an advantage here.
According to the owners manual however, you do NOT open the box and turn the unit on empty.
The instructions ARE VERY EXPLICIT!
After you open box.
Soak tube in hot water to remove residues.
Charge unit fully.
Then use as instructed.
I would not put the mouthpiece in the oven.
I am not sure I would have bought a "refurbished" vaporizer, made with circuitry, as it is obviously not going to have warranty.
I am not certain that Vapir themselves do not condone the sale of refurbished units.
I would definitely call Vapir at 1 800 841 1022 and talk to them about not only your concerns, but about where you bought your unit.

Vitolo,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
fffffut said:
woah its like a launch box but way bigger and less easy to use and clean

Classic! That made me crack up....its exactly the same only totally different! lmao:lol:

mvapes,

Vitolo

Vaporist
In some ways each is easier to use.. and in their own ways, each is easier to clean.
I own both.
I clean both.
I use both, and I love both.
@fffffut .. mvapes has a point! :lol:

Vitolo,

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
No2 coming in tomorrow evening(why does UPS come so late?) Excited and weary at the same time as this is my first vape but I'm praying for no weird taste. Hopefully I can retire from my bowl, lighters, and cigar splitting.

tranceporter,

Tim

DrPiff said:
No2 coming in tomorrow evening(why does UPS come so late?) Excited and weary at the same time as this is my first vape but I'm praying for no weird taste. Hopefully I can retire from my bowl, lighters, and cigar splitting.

Even when my NO2 was "burning off" and gave a slight "plastic" taste, I'd still choose it over the smoke.. I'm weird though.

Hopefully you won't have to go through that. Just let it burn off near a window for an hour or two!

Tim,

Vitolo

Vaporist
DrPiff said:
Follow instructions, and there should be no plastic taste.
Wash tube as instructed, and let unit charge fully. The time it takes to charge is enough to air the unit out.
Try it at 375 first go... it takes 2-3 draws for it to start giving great vapes, and will draw great for a good amount of time on the one chamber!
Congrats and let us know how you like it!

Vitolo,

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
No2 finally arrived at 7pm last night. Upon opening the package there was no smell at all. I followed instructions and washed the tube and ran burned the unit in for nearly 3 hours. It did have an oven smell during the burn in but decreased when the battery was fully charged. Vapir threw in not one but two shitty
alunimum 3 piece grinders and 15 extra screens.

Now I consider this my first true vape experience and it was all types of awesome. I have no interest or
desire in combustion anymore, period. I shared two trenches with the gf and she thoroughly approves of it. This is my first vape and I already want another one (is that normal? :D ) . I have been converted.

tranceporter,

Vitolo

Vaporist
More than normal for a convertee.. in fact to be expected.
Many of us live with VAD (vape acquisition Disorder)
As long as you collect/acquire with wisdom, and true desire... and not due to a case of VE (Vape Envy)
This occurs when other members make their favorite vape sound so damn good you gotta have it!
I have on a few occasions siad.. "OK, now I am set. This is my final Vape"!
Congrats. I am glad youre here!
I am very happy that you like your new NO2... AND that your lady approves! :)

Vitolo,

max

Out to lunch
DrPiff said:
I have no interest or desire in combustion anymore, period.
Another vapor convert on board! Welcome!

I shared two trenches with the gf...
'Trench' is reserved for the Magic Flight LB, since that's the appearance of it. If 'bowl' doesn't fit the N02, we can come up with something unique for that one too. ;)

This is my first vape and I already want another one (is that normal? :D )It is if you hang around FC too long. :nod: Time to start looking for a good deal on a DBV. :brow:

max,

Vitolo

Vaporist
max said:
....If 'bowl' doesn't fit the N02, we can come up with something unique for that one too. ;)
I like "chamber". It is what Vapir calls it, and what I use to decribe filling, and cleaning. :)

"Stuff that in your herb chamber and vape it!" :lol:

Vitolo,
Top Bottom