Vaping killing the enjoyment of combustion!

Xenkishøtz

𝓣Ø𝓜𝓑𝓗Ø𝓤𝓢𝓔 𝓣𝓥
Title may seem like a negative, but it really isn't. The more consistently I use my desktop, the less appeal spliffs and/or bong rips have.
My renewed interest in vaping comes from a health standpoint, smoking is starting to make me feel quite ill, especially where I mix with tobacco, and vaping is yet to trigger even a small bit of nausea. Just a clean high that feels like being a young teen just starting smoking again.

Anyone else had similar experiences? I'm yet to fully fuck combustion, but this is a sign I'm getting there. I miss being able to blaze and play video games without the toxic smoke compounds making me motion sick. It is only ever when I smoke or when I have smoked. After vaping I get none of that, and way higher at that.

Confession time, when I first got into vaping like 3 years ago, I thought it was weak at first. My tolerance is very high although I do still get baked, and I'd yet to figure out the V-Tower's temperature quirk of needing to set it higher than you would because of the element's distance to the chamber. Vaping at what should be combustion temps but due to the distance doesn't, and I get a lovely clean high temp extraction.

I started off when I was at a "no no" age* in the vape world with a Black Widow, which is an unsafe bag of arse. To it's credit, the thing worked. I could vape a decent bowl from it, but the high just wasn't what I was seeking. I was combusting also at the time, which could explain it. Then I learned about the fibreglass and the thing was indefinitely shelved as a relic of an ignorant time, lool. Couple years later I seek to try it again so order myself a V-Tower, similar issue was had with the high, so it was shelved until recently when my body is telling me "smoke is killing you, stop" that I've taken up vaping again and am determined to make the switch. (*I'm 20 years old as of writing this post, don't panic)

Here's the mad part, now I've learned the temp quirk, vaping gets me absolutely monged. Way more than smoking does and the clean high and tastes is making smoking increasingly unenjoyable. A day where the plug let me down triggered an involuntary T break for a day, the next day I had a spliff and I vomited and didn't feel right for ages. That was also a trigger into my renewed vaping interest, to stay medicated without poisoning myself.

I thought I was on the the edge of Cannabis Hyperemesis Syndrome (yes I smoke that much) but a vapouriser showed me it's not the cannabis making me ill, at all, but the tobacco and toxic smoke. This is my first proper post in this community, and I apologise if this somehow breaks any rules or forum ettiquette, I'm glad to be here and am looking forward to future participation.

- Buttermatik420/LilTraumatik

Last edited:

vapirtoo

We all have been down this road that leads to FC.
I still combust with friends, but the taste allows me
one toke only!
Vaping is so clean that each time you want to combust
the taste and effects slowly turn you off.
Welcome to the group and keep the comments coming.
Your journey helps all of us.

Xenkishøtz

𝓣Ø𝓜𝓑𝓗Ø𝓤𝓢𝓔 𝓣𝓥
Thanks for the intro!
Yeah I must admit I had a joint about half an hour ago and I'm already wanting a vape bowl haha. Smoking really is becoming something I tolerate rather than enjoy whereas the whole process of vaping is enjoyable.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
The more you'll vape the more you'll dislike combustion in the end. Might be hard at first for about 2-3 weeks but then afterwards you'll have no regrets whatsoever I promise.

But the hardest part is the tobacco addiction, not stopping combustion. This is where all the cravings come from, the urge to toke in the morning, what would make you go outside during a rainy storm just to buy cigs or paper... Nicotine is the real evil, not THC.

I wish you good luck mate, but it's worth it!

Xenkishøtz

𝓣Ø𝓜𝓑𝓗Ø𝓤𝓢𝓔 𝓣𝓥
The more you'll vape the more you'll dislike combustion in the end. Might be hard at first for about 2-3 weeks but then afterwards you'll have no regrets whatsoever I promise.

But the hardest part is the tobacco addiction, not stopping combustion. This is where all the cravings come from, the urge to toke in the morning, what would make you go outside during a rainy storm just to buy cigs or paper... Nicotine is the real evil, not THC.

I wish you good luck mate, but it's worth it!
Funnily enough mate I've just had that exact same realisation. I had a fat vape bowl and am nicely medicated and was craving a smoke. Normally I'd have a spliff but I'm just having a fag, it's that I crave it seems unfortunately. I've tried ejuice vaping as a nic alternative but they make everything sticky and makes my lungs feel "fluidy" .

Yeah you are right in that it's the tobacco causing cravings not the THC or other such cannabinoids. It's a much more full spectrum high when vaping, hits me like a truck behind the eyes first usually!

howie105

When I started vaping, I had already been combusting from the seventies and never saw it as a question of either or, but just an extension of my consumption options. If I ever got to the point where I disliked one of the options, I would stop it. But it has been around ten years, so I am pretty happy with my choices.

Xenkishøtz

𝓣Ø𝓜𝓑𝓗Ø𝓤𝓢𝓔 𝓣𝓥
When I started vaping, I had already been combusting from the seventies and never saw it as a question of either or, but just an extension of my consumption options. If I ever got to the point where I disliked one of the options, I would stop it. But it has been around ten years, so I am pretty happy with my choices.
I mean yeah smoking is starting to negatively impact me so I would rather be a vapourent and get way higher along the way haha

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I mean yeah smoking is starting to negatively impact me so I would rather be a vapourent and get way higher along the way haha
Welcome to FC!

At 60 I had pneumonia and that, uh, helped me leave a lifetime of tobacco behind. I found that even the air began to taste better.
To compensate, I smoked a lot more joints, until 3 yrs later learned about vaping, and was completely converted with the first bowl, ten yrs ago now.

Everything tastes better now, even the cannabis!

Agreed, the high feels cleaner.
Here's an interesting piece on that,

Thick Vape

In the Ballpark
I am pretty advanced in this journey. To the point I don't like to be around fires anymore (depending on temperatures of course :D).
Or I smell a defect gas heater in the middle of a open market...

Petetbay

My big complaint about combustion is the smell, it wreaks, can’t stand it anymore, when you smoke it you don’t notice the smell, but walk into room where someone just puffed, to me it’s terrible. Vaping has an odor, but not like combustion. Outdoors it’s not as much of a problem. Hash not as bad as herb. When I combust herb indoors I use a Smoke Buddy filter, it cuts down on the smell, but not completely. :2c:

coolbreeze

That ship has sailed. I've done it a couple times in the past few years and it's much less enjoyable than it used to be. I might do it as a last resort, but thankfully that's not necessary! I don't even feel awkward about social smoking, it's "Thanks friend, but my lungs can't take it anymore."

Xenkishøtz

𝓣Ø𝓜𝓑𝓗Ø𝓤𝓢𝓔 𝓣𝓥
I've also noticed when you do smoke, you taste little hints of what would be flavour marred by the combustion chemicals, smoking really is an incredibly inefficient vapouriser lmao. The heat from the cherry "vapes" what's behind it, I'm convinced this is why people even get high in the first place lol

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
Would add that vaping has helped me dial in just the right level of “uplift” from my sessions.

It delivers the relaxed but clear headed elevation I could never consistently achieve with combustion (CO poisoning, maybe?). 3-4 draws on the Toad is all I need to unwind and let go of the day.

Easy enough to dial up for more effects or load up the Lotus and head for the sky. Haven’t wanted to drop an Anvil on my head lately but, you know, in case of emergency, break out the glass. 😉

badbee

Nothing has killed my desire to combust more than those occasional accidental combustion events in the Vapcap. It's more gross than regular smoking and for me kills any desire to smoke again. Negative conditioning for the.... win?

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Usually about once or twice a year I'll find myself around friends who are smoking, and I don't have a vape. At those times, I'll partake, but it's always a good reminder why I don't enjoy combusting my cannabis anymore.

InhaleExhale

Nothing has killed my desire to combust more than those occasional accidental combustion events in the Vapcap. It's more gross than regular smoking and for me kills any desire to smoke again. Negative conditioning for the.... win?
Thought about this once (after doing the same). Usually one never combusts on the first load. If it's not the first load, you are getting cannabis that has cooked off many of it's terps and tasties. Smoking ABV is as bad as smoking ditch-weed w/seeds. :puke:

For me, it's vaping or nothing. Discovering vaping was an absolute game-changer for me as I despised the smoker's lung that comes with burning cannabis.

DocNicksche

Cool thread! 👍

I too struggle with my full transition from smoking to vaping :bang:
I'm 100% sure the main problem is the mixing with tobacco. I started smoking at a very young age and never really managed to get rid of that stupid addiction! I pretty much replaced my cigarette smoking with vaping e cigs and that works pretty well, since I mainly crave it during Work...at home I prefer smoking Joints. But there the problem Starts...since I vape e cigs, I could (and sometimes do) smoke joints like cigarettes.
My first dry herb vape was the og mighty and I instantly loved it! Absolutely superior to smoking in every way!
But the addiction was/is still to strong 😭 or I'm just too weak!

Currently I'm again in the process of completely quitting combustion. My mind is fully set on the benefits of vaping and I have aquired a decent collection of different vapes over the years to keep me going. Still, it's a big struggle for me! Replacing a habit that I loved for more than 20 years isn't the easiest thing to do! 😉✌️

zeusjames

I haven't smoked since I got my dry herb vaporizer (Roffu) a few months ago. I like the way I can control the high. Start with a pair of three minute sessions to get stoned. And then the next day a single session to get high. Followed the next day with a buzz and then the load is about spent depending on the strain. That's my general routine and it is altered depending on the way I feel. And now that I have a second Roffu I have even more options. I keep each loaded and ready to go. One might have a fresh load of one of my strains and the other the same or a different strain at original strength or after a session or two.

Lots of options and a more pleasant experience. Vaping gives me more ways to enjoy weed than combusting. I vape at 320°F/160°C which gives a pleasant vapor (Roffu runs hot or is just very efficient). I have no love for breathing in smoke.

My bong looks good in a display cabinet.

Lawless*

Cool thread! 👍

I too struggle with my full transition from smoking to vaping :bang:
I'm 100% sure the main problem is the mixing with tobacco. I started smoking at a very young age and never really managed to get rid of that stupid addiction! I pretty much replaced my cigarette smoking with vaping e cigs and that works pretty well, since I mainly crave it during Work...at home I prefer smoking Joints. But there the problem Starts...since I vape e cigs, I could (and sometimes do) smoke joints like cigarettes.
My first dry herb vape was the og mighty and I instantly loved it! Absolutely superior to smoking in every way!
But the addiction was/is still to strong 😭 or I'm just too weak!

Currently I'm again in the process of completely quitting combustion. My mind is fully set on the benefits of vaping and I have aquired a decent collection of different vapes over the years to keep me going. Still, it's a big struggle for me! Replacing a habit that I loved for more than 20 years isn't the easiest thing to do! 😉✌️
Same story here.. I am on a +- 5 years of a war with combustion, it turns out to be one of the most amazing blends in the world weed(hash-even more) and tobacco, so it is very difficult:sherlock:
feels like the habit can suddenly creep in and after a long time, super please with vaping only weed, you can find yourself half way into a big joint without knowing WTF!!!

So yep it a long war but I know it is the Goal!

This forum helps a lot, but one day we will need to address VAS as the next problem....

Last edited:

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I started vaping about 10 years ago with an OG solo and never looked back. It just had so many advantages.

It tastes sooo much better. I love it when you get an aromatic hit (terp tongue!) that just coats your mouth with beautiful flavor that lingers. I've actually cut some sessions short just to enjoy the taste for fear of getting a duller, hotter hit that takes the taste away 🤤.

And the smells are just so potent and delightful. I've had people walk into a room where I was vaping and ask what that beautiful smell is! Never had that happen with a joint.

The point that some brought up here about rolling joints with tobacco is spot on. It's the nicotine you're craving most likely, and we all know smoking just ain't great for you. I can vape even when I have a cold without problems. Not even something I would consider back in the combustion days.

I use about 1/4 of the flower I used to use when combusting and I never feel sick after vaping. Usually the opposite. I just don't see any drawbacks from my decision to fuck combustion. Maybe just VAS? 😝😂

We all have been down this road that leads to FC.
I still combust with friends, but the taste allows me
one toke only!
Vaping is so clean that each time you want to combust
the taste and effects slowly turn you off.
Welcome to the group and keep the comments coming.
Your journey helps all of us.
I agree with this entirely. I didn't plan on stopping combustion when I started vaping but once I got used to the cleaner taste I could no longer stand the acrid taste of combusting, but I do it with friends on occasion and just suffer through it haha. I also enjoy the effects of vaping more now than that of combusting.

Top Bottom