Vaping in "adult life"

vapirtoo

I don't mind being heavily habituated to marijuana as I believe it is the most benign medicine next
to opium.
The latest research on alcohol finds ANY use of alcohol has a negative effect on many organs, one beer a day!

Oh yeah, back in anthropology class, "American Indigenous people never fermented vegetables and genetically they were
not prepared to deal with alcohol". That fire water really fucked them up.

Yeah alcohol is the gateway drug so ingrained into culture that it is almost invisible.

Hey, I'm retired and I vape whenever I feel like it. I took my Launch Box with me on a 30 mile ride
and never felt the need to use it. WTF

Most of us will find the right balance and enjoy our weeds while others will quit.

Oh yeah, quitting and no physical withdrawal to talk about.
Try that shit with coffee.

green68beetle

I gave up in my 40s for almost 10 years. I call it the lost decade.

I also recently gave up for 6 weeks and found all my aches and pains came back. I was just not functioning as well, so I started again. As I approach 60 I am quite happy to consume cannabis, both CBD, and vaped flower. I am fit and healthy for my age and nothing wrong with my brain (afaik). I think it's important not to over use cannabis. I'm CBD by day, THC at night, but don't consume too much of each. keep active, good diet, don't drink too much. Pretty much a sensible old guy that no one suspects is a cannabis user.

gangababa

This thread brings to mind the old flick Reefer Madness from back in the day?
As a 75 yo retired individual, I can speak of this other end of adult life.
Legal land, cannabis at hand, no one harsh-ing my brand of daily mellow.

Just a thought for the writers, movers, producers and shakers among you all dear readers;
a fabulous movie based upon septuagenarian Furry Freak Brothers in the 21st century.

howie105

As a 75 yo retired individual, I can speak of this other end of adult life.
Legal land, cannabis at hand, no one harsh-ing my brand of daily mellow.

Just a thought for the writers, movers, producers and shakers among you all dear readers;
a fabulous movie based upon septuagenarian Furry Freak Brothers in the 21st century.
What do you youngsters know about anything? Get your butt out of my garden!

cpk

Brother of the Leaf
It's been quite the journey. At the age of 66 I no longer partake of anything 420. I no longer care for the feeling and I just feel way better with a clear mind. It's now going on a couple of years since my last indulgence. It's been a good ride since 1969 thru 1990. Stopped until I retired 2017 and took it up again for few years. My kids always knew I smoked as I never hid it. I will soon be putting up all my gear for sale.
Thanks my Brothers and Sisters of the Leaf it's been a blast!

SirGanjaVapeAlot

Father husband and content manager for multinational Corp in early 30s.

Also sufferer from C-PTSD and medical Cannabis patient who on bad days could go through 4 5 grams easy.

2 months ago saw how I was using it got annoyed, quit cold turkey to let my body balance.

Came back to it a week ago only vaping and my use is way way down, not using all the time to maintain instead only when I need, mostly at night so I can sleep.

I think as vices go a plant that has been used for Millenia in medicine and religious rituals is a pretty solid bet.

hausland

I find this thread very interesting & useful to me. I’m 39, married with a little daughter (1.5 years of age). Work wise, I ran a small-sized company the past 8 years, exited it last year due to irreconcilable differences with a few of my partners and spun out as consultant from there. Took quite a few of our gigs with me, so I have a pretty full order book that I used to serve with 50+ employees, now on my own plus a few people I bring on where & when needed. In other words, work can get stressful for me, in particular demands on my time and deadlines in between the actual deliverable days. I try to vape during downtimes only, mainly because I have to be sharp at my work and the days after consuming I tend to be a little less so (I have a busy schedule for a month or two, then usually a few weeks off, rinse repeat).

My attitude towards cannabis is that it is a plant, not a drug - so intellectually and emotionally I rank it next to sage, rosemary or mint…I’m vocal in my life (and work) about my use also, I work with government, corporates, startups and do some public speaking as well as lecturing at a couple universities…I often recommend cannabis as a manner to reach a better connection to self and all the intelligences that live in us.

And yet, I can’t help but feel guilty lately when I smoke…whenever I have some unresolved tasks or demands on my time that I haven’t catered to yet, if I smoke in those moments / phases, I tend to feel guilty as in “I’m wasting my potential and letting people down by choosing pot over life.” — it’s wicked, because I don’t think like that actually, but somehow it still lives in me…I think there’s plenty of that anti-drug rhetoric and anti-cannabis propaganda from the 90s/00s stored somewhere in the meso-conscious parts of my mind, which come out when my mind is looking for reasons to diss me (eg in latent stress situations).

I’m reading a good book on the history of cannabis at the moment, and it’s very interesting to see how the systematic disparaging of cannabis users is a couple hundred years old in the pan-Atlantic world.

I wish for a world where the times to expand and explore our consciousness are socially and culturally embedded in regular life for everyone, and where such exploration is considered a life-affirmative and productive act rather than a failure or escapism by default. Obviously I have some work to do myself in this regard, ie to “decolonise” my mind from the propaganda that wants to convince me I’m lazy and selfish when I consume weed (but I’m manly and cool if I have a few glasses of whiskey after a long day, mind you…).

I think I’ll vape some now, just to make the point to myself, lol. Thanks to everyone who’s shared on here so far, it’s very good to read your thoughts, attitudes and experiences.

attackpoints

I'm in my 30s and just recently I shifted from being a weekends only vaper to daily.

I took a 2 month t break back in April because I was interviewing for positions I knew drug tested. I got the job! And then found out my test excluded marijuana. :rofl: Aint that the way.

Anyways, my work life has shifted to being mostly remote and it's been hard to not smoke when it's quitting time. So lately, I haven't bothered resisting. I really wish it were more socially acceptable. I think other people would be concerned but if having a beer or glass of wine at dinner is normal, why isn’t this? It makes me more social, more creative, and really relaxes me.

I'm also gonna enjoy some now. Liked reading your thoughts @hausland

vapirtoo

It appears that every other lifestyle is ," out of the closet" while we ( pot heads ) still hide in the shadows.

Hey Hausland: Remember; us older heads have been stigmatized for a whole generation; imagine how
lazy and shiftless we feel as we indulge.

attackpoints: HaHa 2 months for nothing, but you had to play it safe!

Thank God NYC is legal! One less MAJOR worry.

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
Just want to put it out there how beautiful the sharing is on this thread.

From stories of quitting cannabis altogether, to those of starting their journey, all the way to those who consume alot. It's all valid.

The juggling of life is often a challenge and doesn't always leave much room for contemplation.
I reckon the rituals and effects of cannabis can be such a great way to change our focus in a myriad of different ways, each personal to our own situations.

I always try to keep an awareness of how my consumption is effecting me, to be mindful.
But just as importantly, to not judge unduly, to enjoy the good herb, to take relief and respite in the medicine it provides for body and mind alike.

I also want to acknowledge what @vapirtoo raised, the heavy stigma, social and very real punitive costs that many have had to endure.

Take heart, partake in the good herb, abstain where and when appropriate.
Judge yourselves with a kind heart in all things.....including cannabis. :spliff:

TheFatBastard

I find this thread very interesting & useful to me. I’m 39, married with a little daughter (1.5 years of age). Work wise, I ran a small-sized company the past 8 years, exited it last year due to irreconcilable differences with a few of my partners and spun out as consultant from there. Took quite a few of our gigs with me, so I have a pretty full order book that I used to serve with 50+ employees, now on my own plus a few people I bring on where & when needed. In other words, work can get stressful for me, in particular demands on my time and deadlines in between the actual deliverable days. I try to vape during downtimes only, mainly because I have to be sharp at my work and the days after consuming I tend to be a little less so (I have a busy schedule for a month or two, then usually a few weeks off, rinse repeat).

My attitude towards cannabis is that it is a plant, not a drug - so intellectually and emotionally I rank it next to sage, rosemary or mint…I’m vocal in my life (and work) about my use also, I work with government, corporates, startups and do some public speaking as well as lecturing at a couple universities…I often recommend cannabis as a manner to reach a better connection to self and all the intelligences that live in us.

And yet, I can’t help but feel guilty lately when I smoke…whenever I have some unresolved tasks or demands on my time that I haven’t catered to yet, if I smoke in those moments / phases, I tend to feel guilty as in “I’m wasting my potential and letting people down by choosing pot over life.” — it’s wicked, because I don’t think like that actually, but somehow it still lives in me…I think there’s plenty of that anti-drug rhetoric and anti-cannabis propaganda from the 90s/00s stored somewhere in the meso-conscious parts of my mind, which come out when my mind is looking for reasons to diss me (eg in latent stress situations).

I’m reading a good book on the history of cannabis at the moment, and it’s very interesting to see how the systematic disparaging of cannabis users is a couple hundred years old in the pan-Atlantic world.

I wish for a world where the times to expand and explore our consciousness are socially and culturally embedded in regular life for everyone, and where such exploration is considered a life-affirmative and productive act rather than a failure or escapism by default. Obviously I have some work to do myself in this regard, ie to “decolonise” my mind from the propaganda that wants to convince me I’m lazy and selfish when I consume weed (but I’m manly and cool if I have a few glasses of whiskey after a long day, mind you…).

I think I’ll vape some now, just to make the point to myself, lol. Thanks to everyone who’s shared on here so far, it’s very good to read your thoughts, attitudes and experiences.

Just want to put it out there how beautiful the sharing is on this thread.

From stories of quitting cannabis altogether, to those of starting their journey, all the way to those who consume alot. It's all valid.

The juggling of life is often a challenge and doesn't always leave much room for contemplation.
I reckon the rituals and effects of cannabis can be such a great way to change our focus in a myriad of different ways, each personal to our own situations.

I always try to keep an awareness of how my consumption is effecting me, to be mindful.
But just as importantly, to not judge unduly, to enjoy the good herb, to take relief and respite in the medicine it provides for body and mind alike.

I also want to acknowledge what @vapirtoo raised, the heavy stigma, social and very real punitive costs that many have had to endure.

Take heart, partake in the good herb, abstain where and when appropriate.
Judge yourselves with a kind heart in all things.....including cannabis. :spliff:

Thanks guys! A lot of interesting posts here, sorry for not quoting them all.

When I started this thread, I was looking exactly for this, sharing smart perspectives of using weed, how it does improve our life and battle the “stigma”, specially in places like where I live, where the Cannabis is still a drug and is not legal even for medical purposes.

The “alcohol is good and social and cannabis is bad and ruins your life” is the perfect stupid paradigm that should make us think about how the “mass thinking” , society and education prove wrong sometimes.

Big changes in my life since I started this post two years and a half ago…. All for good, and, without any doubt, cannabis made me realize a lot of things and have helped through the way.

I’ll tell you the story soon :cool:

hausland

Inforit

Inforit,
Reactions: GetLeft

GetLeft

This is the book. I recommend it :)

No kidding. Chasteen's Born in Blood and Fire is one of the best histories of Latin America out there. He's the real deal. Thanks for the heads up I'll pick that up asap :tup:

TheFatBastard

Big changes in my life since I started this post two years and a half ago…. All for good, and, without any doubt, cannabis made me realize a lot of things and have helped through the way.

I’ll tell you the story soon :cool:

Well, I wanna share with you my story, since I would really love to hear your inputs. Remember, we come from here:

I've turned 40 recently, have couple kids under 10 and I have a job in a multinational company where I'm a regional manager.

Said that, I consider my life pretty regular, work like a horse the whole weeks and then enjoy weekends wirh friends and family.

I started vaping only weekends, which I still do and enjoy, but one monday, after a very stressfully day, I gave myself a treat and vaping like 0.15gr from 19 to 21h, listening to some records, just before watch some tv and go to bed. It made my day, was very relaxing and really enjoyed that. I did same thing next monday, was like a treat or relief from work.

Short story, now I vape almost every monday, even some tuesdays or wednesday if the day has been really bad, and I don't know why, but I feel a little bad about it, is like "man, you are vaping weed more days than you are not!". After a hard day at work, I use to workout or do some running and then, as a treat, I put a vinyl in my audio system, vap about 0.10gr and enjoy the relax.

Guess it is becoming an habit, and I've always heard about "stoners that vape everyday", but for me is just a moment of the day for me that I really enjoy. I can't see any harm on it, though I still feel like I'm maybe abusing about vaping or using weed.

I know, as long as it doesn't interfere with my job, family or motivations, it is OK....but I'd like to hear your thoughts. Sometimes, while I'm at work, I'm thinking about that hour at home that I'll have listening to music and vaping, really looking forward to that moment.....and maybe that is not so good since it is creating an habit or need.

It has been 3 years….. and my life has completely changed since that. For better.

Still happily married, kids are almost reaching adolescence (at least the older one, 13 years already…) but I resigned and quit my job after 20 years of career. I just couldn’t take it any more. As I told you, I had a very well paid but unfulfilling job with a nice position as regional manager in a multinational corporation. One of these “dream jobs” for people, that is really more of a nightmare you can’t scape. You make a lot of money, you are respected and have a big status…. But you feel trapped in something that makes you miserable everyday, and can’t quit.

I‘m living the dream that every colleague at work use to fantasize about. Tell the system to fuck off and start my own company doing something that I really love and that, believe it or not (sometimes I still don’t believe it myself) I’m making more money than ever.

Cannabis has helped me to get to the goal by taking anxiety down, giving me ideas while vaping / meditate (I keep a notebook near to write down most of the ideas that come to my mind when vaping, and believe it or not most are really good!) and dealing with the whole process. Is not easy to leave a very well paid stable job that provides for your family, but I knew I could do better and I wasn’t happy at all, so, right decision for me.

I remember when Cannabis was just a scape from the shit at work, now is something I enjoy and have incorporated to my life.

I don’t use to vape everyday, but I could do it if I want. I like to do it leaving at least a day between sessions. Sometimes I vape 3 days in a row, sometimes I spend 5 or more days without vaping. Sometimes I vape the whole week. As long as it doesn’t interfere with my daily chores and work, is OK. I never vape twice a day, just a session, I chose the right moment to enjoy it and use it as a treat.

I don’t feel guilty anymore. Guess, as some of you have said, that as long as you are responsible, do what you have to do and doesn’t interfere with other things, is OK to vape whenever you feel up to and enjoy the benefits.

For me, the benefits are clear:

- I use to think/behave like my brain is running at 6000rpm…. Cannabis makes me a more relaxed person.
- It gives me a lot of inspiration for ideas, and perspective about the problems
- Is a moment of joy for me, that I usually spend listening to music, meditating, playing an instrument, writing, or just having a nice time at the beach.

Of course, I’m careful and try not to create a bad habit, but I don’t feel guilty about vaping weekdays, or weekend, or whatever. Guess we use to demonize the Cannabis too much. Smoking or drinking is way worse than this “habit” of mine.

And, thought I’m not 100% sure, and I can’t recommend anyone to do anything, I guess Cannabis has helped me to get where I am now.

Happy.

I don't mind being heavily habituated to marijuana as I believe it is the most benign medicine next
to opium.
The latest research on alcohol finds ANY use of alcohol has a negative effect on many organs, one beer a day!

Oh yeah, back in anthropology class, "American Indigenous people never fermented vegetables and genetically they were
not prepared to deal with alcohol". That fire water really fucked them up.

Yeah alcohol is the gateway drug so ingrained into culture that it is almost invisible.

Hey, I'm retired and I vape whenever I feel like it. I took my Launch Box with me on a 30 mile ride
and never felt the need to use it. WTF

Most of us will find the right balance and enjoy our weeds while others will quit.

Oh yeah, quitting and no physical withdrawal to talk about.
Try that shit with coffee.
its interesting you consider opium to be benign - im not asking a loaded question here, as ive always been interested in it but afraid to try it - isnt it supposedly horrible for you and physically addictive?

Dampfmaschine,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

vapirtoo

Opium was once called, "Gods Medicine" and was chief in stopping pain.
Yes, physically addicting when abused!
Morphine and Heroin are based on Opium.
Heroin was touted as the cure for Morphine addiction!
The history of drug use is really fascinating.
Ya know
When little kids spin themselves around and get dizzy
they are altering their perception.
Just an observation
that its more than just drugs.

Top Bottom