Discontinued VapeXhaleLabs Presents: The Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Just tested with an old non functional beta cloud, it can be done one handed w/ out clip. If you want to be safe, throw one on there guys. Enough said.

*edit. Would you put a clip on a standard downslide, when pulling out the bowl? I never have, and in that case you pull the exact same direction, where on a 90 degree adapter you can pull from an angle, allowing your adapter to stay in.

IAmKrazy2,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
IAmKrazy2 said:
Any piece of glass I use has some sort of diffusion. It could be a tree perc., an inline, u perc, waffle, diffused downstem, ect. These all fire "harder" while 18mm vs, downsizing IMO. But we're both having simple opinions and we can both agree it changes things. For me to have air flowing thru an 18mm joint then downsizing so quickly just doesn't seem to make sense, it restricts the air flow further. The "unrestricted" air path of this vape is part of what makes it revolutionary... why minimize that? Again, all IMO through simple thought process and observations of percs in a lot of glass. Thoughts?

Just my :2c: chiming in . . . I'm sensitive to any additional increase in drag, even a little. That's why I use a straight adapter on the whip into my bubbler rather than a 90 even though its a bit more convenient. It's why I shortened the whip. I notice the same effect using a reducer. I want the airflow as free-flowing as possible. Of course, my lungs aren't what they used to be either, so that is no doubt a factor, too ;) . . .

oldiebutgoodie,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
oldiebutgoodie said:
IAmKrazy2 said:
Any piece of glass I use has some sort of diffusion. It could be a tree perc., an inline, u perc, waffle, diffused downstem, ect. These all fire "harder" while 18mm vs, downsizing IMO. But we're both having simple opinions and we can both agree it changes things. For me to have air flowing thru an 18mm joint then downsizing so quickly just doesn't seem to make sense, it restricts the air flow further. The "unrestricted" air path of this vape is part of what makes it revolutionary... why minimize that? Again, all IMO through simple thought process and observations of percs in a lot of glass. Thoughts?

Just my :2c: chiming in . . . I'm sensitive to any additional increase in drag, even a little. That's why I use a straight adapter on the whip into my bubbler rather than a 90 even though its a bit more convenient. It's why I shortened the whip. I notice the same effect using a reducer. I want the airflow as free-flowing as possible. Of course, my lungs aren't what they used to be either, so that is no doubt a factor, too ;) . . .

+1. That said, it would still be our opinion. What we know for sure, it would/does change the airflow.

Anyone can take their favorite piece of 18mm glass and hit it with and without a reducer. this will give you an idea of effect, and will allow you to place an opinion.

goddamn us geeks must be bored waiting for our clouds, cant stop posting here. I miss mine, and need her back pronto.

IAmKrazy2,

max

Out to lunch
IAmKrazy2 said:
The "unrestricted" air path of this vape is part of what makes it revolutionary... why minimize that?
For variety? While I haven't used anything smaller than the HT with it, I have restricted the air path from the bottom, with my hand. It increases the vapor/air ratio and provides a different, stiffer hit. I consider it a hidden feature and a big plus. Some won't care to alter the air path, but it's easy to do if you like to change things up once in a while.

max,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
max said:
IAmKrazy2 said:
The "unrestricted" air path of this vape is part of what makes it revolutionary... why minimize that?
For variety? While I haven't used anything smaller than the HT with it, I have restricted the air path from the bottom, with my hand. It increases the vapor/air ratio and provides a different, stiffer hit. I consider it a hidden feature and a big plus. Some won't care to alter the air path, but it's easy to do if you like to change things up once in a while.

Forgot about this Max, tried it too. On purpose, and on accident. First hit i ever took i used the HT, plopped the VXC hard tight to my leg and restricted the airpath most of the way, accident. Waving your hand under while hitting can be fun too. Bottom line, there is not bad way to use the VXC

it is a bit different straight up on table with air flowing under the legs then when upside or lifted off table with HT too.

IAmKrazy2,

Giant Robot

I was just curious...This came up recently (a page or two ago) and hadn't really been addressed as yet...Dopefiend mentioned that his beta unit "gave up the ghost" recently due to a non-functional heating element. :(

Does anyone know if this hardware problem had been confirmed, identified, and fixed going into production, or if SM was confortable that this was just a one-off unfortunate anomaly?

Cheers,

Giant Robot

Giant Robot,
I don't think a bag blowing setup is silly or a pipedream. I guess people are talking about how the bottom of the intake isn't too hot to touch, even feathering it with their fingers to control the airpath: a silicone plug attached to a HA-style aquarium pump stuck into the intake would be obvious. All you need then is an Extreme Q cyclone bowl and an elbow.

I fully intend to use my Cloud with its Hydratubes, but am also excited to see if it also makes the ultimate whip and bag vape as well. If it's really the ultimate vapor engine I'm hoping for then I intend to enjoy it in all possible ways, you know?

charliedontsurf,

oldiebutgoodie

Giant Robot said:
I was just curious...This came up recently (a page or two ago) and hadn't really been addressed as yet...Dopefiend mentioned that his beta unit "gave up the ghost" recently due to a non-functional heating element. :(

Does anyone know if this hardware problem had been confirmed, identified, and fixed going into production, or if SM was confortable that this was just a one-off unfortunate anomaly?

Cheers,

Giant Robot

IIRC this came up, I dunno, 30+ pages ago. SM posted that they had identified a technical problem which was resulting in an unacceptably high QA failure rate, and they needed to replace one of the components. That was one of the causes for delay. Since resolved. I can't say if this is the source of the problem Dopefiend experienced, but it's a reasonable guess.

oldiebutgoodie,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
charliedontsurf said:
I don't think a bag blowing setup is silly or a pipedream. I guess people are talking about how the bottom of the intake isn't too hot to touch, even feathering it with their fingers to control the airpath: a silicone plug attached to a HA-style aquarium pump stuck into the intake would be obvious. All you need then is an Extreme Q cyclone bowl and an elbow.

I fully intend to use my Cloud with its Hydratubes, but am also excited to see if it also makes the ultimate whip and bag vape as well. If it's really the ultimate vapor engine I'm hoping for then I intend to enjoy it in all possible ways, you know?

whip could be done with a extreme bowl and elbow or adapter. One can also use HT no water, or an adapter to an LSV glass wand. i will try a whip sometime soon, it would be nice to just dangle the whip from my mouth for some old school no handed vaping while playing video games or other mindless activities with hands occupied. I could easily roast a whole bowl, not stir no temp change just vape, with a whip hanging out my mouth, while my hands are in use the whole time...

ps i love run on sentences

IAmKrazy2,

Giant Robot

oldiebutgoodie said:
IIRC this came up, I dunno, 30+ pages ago. SM posted that they had identified a technical problem which was resulting in an unacceptably high QA failure rate, and they needed to replace one of the components. That was one of the causes for delay. Since resolved. I can't say if this is the source of the problem Dopefiend experienced, but it's a reasonable guess.

I remember that as well but I guess I didn't connect the two occurences until your post. Hopefully that was it...

Thanks!

Giant Robot

Edit: Max to the rescue! Confirmed that the heat sensor was relocated post-beta in the Plenty thread. Thanks Max!

Giant Robot,

mistergyro

IAmKrazy2 said:
charliedontsurf said:

whip could be done with a extreme bowl and elbow or adapter. One can also use HT no water, or an adapter to an LSV glass wand. i will try a whip sometime soon, it would be nice to just dangle the whip from my mouth for some old school no handed vaping while playing video games or other mindless activities with hands occupied. I could easily roast a whole bowl, not stir no temp change just vape, with a whip hanging out my mouth, while my hands are in use the whole time...

would love to see a video of this. i really like this idea...just because...why not?

mistergyro,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Or connect the whip to one of these bad boys. :brow:
gas-mask-bong.jpg

True hands free gaming while clouding.

Stu,

oldiebutgoodie

mistergyro said:
IAmKrazy2 said:
charliedontsurf said:

would love to see a video of this. i really like this idea...just because...why not?

And I wanna see charliedontsurf rig a bag setup. It could possibly be awesome for groups. Don't need a Cyclone, though - just use this with the elbow, better flow:

http://www.aqualabtechnologies.com/alt-18-mm-female-to-18-mm-female-90-adapter.html

oldiebutgoodie,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
I'm wondering about the psychological affect of the cloud...

IMO, the cloud could transfrom a causal smoker into a vaporist more than any other vaporizer...

I really love bong hits and this is why I'm really looking forward for this...

m0sh,

max

Out to lunch
charliedontsurf said:
I fully intend to use my Cloud with its Hydratubes, but am also excited to see if it also makes the ultimate whip and bag vape as well.
IMO taking vapor from this vape and putting it through a whip or bag is a vapor downgrade. You get condensation loss and for some a taste downgrade as well.

m0sh said:
IMO, the cloud could transfrom a causal smoker into a vaporist more than any other vaporizer...
No doubt about it. I don't see any other model currently available that can challenge this one in this area. It'll be the champ for converting the hard hitting bong users.

max,
I agree completely that there is going to be more condensation and a downgrade in flavor, Max. It's just that there's a time and place for every method - the existence of a Vriptech in my arsenal didn't keep me from making like 8 bags with my Q tonight, even if it would of tasted better out of the VHW, or my Vapolution, or a number of other vapes I could pull out. Bags are convenient, easy, great for groups, and when people drop them they just go "oops." instead of yelling "SHIT!" when it's an entire vaporizer. Whips can also be good for groups and I think alot of people like them for at-the-desk use as they already appreciate their DBVs, EQs, etc..

Maybe some people think bag/whip talk is off topic and foolish given the revolutionary water-on-vaporizer concept of the VXC, and I can appreciate that view as well.

Really looking forward to more user reviews.

charliedontsurf,

m0j0h4nd

max said:
m0sh said:
No doubt about it. I don't see any other model currently available that can challenge this one in this area. It'll be the champ for converting the hard hitting bong users.

Let's hope so. In fact I'm counting on it. My lungs would be very thankful.

m0j0h4nd,

vape4life

Banned for life
Just curious, you lose more to condensation by using bags/whips than condensation from cold glass, not to mention the water? This is what max and CDS are implying, I just don't understand how.

vape4life,

sweetdreams4.2.0

Well at least from what i've been told when using a bag the vapor just sits inside of it because your taking time inbetween hits and at that point the vapor starts to collect and stick to the bag which causes a minor loss. someone correct me if im wrong but thats what my understanding of it was

sweetdreams4.2.0,

oldiebutgoodie

vape4life said:
Just curious, you lose more to condensation by using bags/whips than condensation from cold glass, not to mention the water? This is what max and CDS are implying, I just don't understand how.

Because the surface area in a bag is greater, and because the vapor remains enclosed in that area for a greater length of time. That said, with common street grade herb where taste is not much a factor anyway, and if the bag is consumed relatively quickly (passing around), there isn't all that much difference. The greater contrast is one of density, which is why some vapers increase the temp a bit to compensate.

oldiebutgoodie,

max

Out to lunch
charliedontsurf said:
Bags are convenient, easy, great for groups, and when people drop them they just go "oops." instead of yelling "SHIT!" when it's an entire vaporizer. Whips can also be good for groups and I think alot of people like them for at-the-desk use as they already appreciate their DBVs, EQs, etc..
I'd agree with you there, especially when it comes to keeping clumsy people from dropping a Cloud and/or HT, but if I were trying to impress/convert a smoker/bong lover, the Cloud w/HT alone (or other glass piece) is the way to go IMO, even if you have to hold it for someone while they hit. I still do a bag now and then, and have a soft spot for my SSV whip hits, but if I wanted a change, I'd use my Oracle or SSV. I can't see trying to rig the Cloud to bag or whip use for my own enjoyment, even if I got rid of my bag and whip vapes. But I don't think it's foolish. To each his own, and people like to experiment.

vape4life said:
Taking the vapor from the Cloud and routing it through tubing or a bag adds to condensation loss, but don't get out your calculator. It's not that big of a deal. As for tubing or bag vs. an HT, well it's certainly easier to keep a clean HT in the path, than clean plastic. And vapor will definitely stick to condensed vapor on the sides of plastic more so than with clean glass.

max,

vape4life

Banned for life
Thanks for the replies, they make complete sense. I haven't touched a bag or whip in a looooong time, and if I need to vape quietly (without water) i'll just use a dry hydratube, although I do have an Arizer bowl and elbow on hand which can be used easily in place of the dry HT.

vape4life,

EonBlue

Soul Rebel
I received my unit today, the Vertigo glass tube is really sharp, I'll be sure to post more later tonight. :)

EonBlue,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom