Discontinued VapeXhaleLabs Presents: The Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

greystr0ke

Got my email on Thursday or Friday of last week but held off for a few days as I was going on vacation to Disney World this past weekend and wasn't sure how much money the mouse would be taking from me :lol:. When I got back I had some issues registering and was second guessing this opportunity. I sold my SSV a few weeks ago and realized how the Launch Box just wasn't cutting it lately so since I had been waiting this long for the Cloud, I figured I deserved it. Just pulled the trigger and placed my order! Can't wait for it to get here!

Thanks SM!

greystr0ke,

Jimjim

Hey Guys, I'm new to FC so high to everyone :)

I am based in the UK and have also been waiting for The Cloud. I have spoken to SM55 a few times can't wait to get my email also! I am going to take a couple of weeks off work when I receive it and get absolutely mangled!!!

I was listening to the Dopecast last night and the Dopefiends Cloud has stopped working after 2 months (I do believe it has been given some hammer). He said he hadn't been able to get hold of SM55 so I was wondering if SM55 was aware and also if anyone have had issues with their new Cloud?

Jimjim,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
Is it possible to use a metal keck clip to attach an 18mm to 14mm reducer to the vxc?

Keck clips Are usually used to prevent the slide from pulling out the diffy from the waterpiece. So in this case,
I'm worried that when the vxc gets pulled out, it will pull the reducer with it, and then drop it and possibly destroy it. That's why putting the keck clip on the vxc would be ideal for people who have 14mm waterpipes. Actually a 14mm vxc would be ideal, maybe a future version?

notmyrealUSERname,

EonBlue

Soul Rebel
notmyrealUSERname said:
Is it possible to use a metal keck clip to attach an 18mm to 14mm reducer to the vxc?

Keck clips Are usually used to prevent the slide from pulling out the diffy from the waterpiece. So in this case,
I'm worried that when the vxc gets pulled out, it will pull the reducer with it, and then drop it and possibly destroy it. That's why putting the keck clip on the vxc would be ideal for people who have 14mm waterpipes. Actually a 14mm vxc would be ideal, maybe a future version?

I think it would be better/easier to attach the reducer to the piece you are using instead of the VXC itself. :2c:

EonBlue,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
EonBlue said:
notmyrealUSERname said:

I think it would be better/easier to attach the reducer to the piece you are using instead of the VXC itself. :2c:

Can u explain exactly (with pics perhaps) how u are able to accomplish that? I prefer to treat my glass very gently and I don't want to run the risk of sticking my gong joints together by over zealous twisting. Gong joints are meant to slide together to hold a seal, not excessive wieght or force in the "wrong" direction which is what happens when you pull out the slide. Hence the need for the keck clip on the vxc.

notmyrealUSERname,

EonBlue

Soul Rebel
I think it should be as easy as inserting the adapter into your glass piece and securing it with a K Clip, then mating it with the VXC, when you withdraw the VXC the adapter would stay attached to the glass piece.

I guess I am assuming the adapter you have can be attached this way.

EonBlue,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
EonBlue said:
I think it should be as easy as inserting the adapter into your glass piece and securing it with a K Clip, then mating it with the VXC, when you withdraw the VXC the adapter would stay attached to the glass piece.

I guess I am assuming the adapter you have can be attached this way.

I think that's good advice for a stemless waterpipe, but it won't work with a waterpipe that has a downstem.

Edit: I just realized I could just buy a new downstem 14mm - 18mm! Oops.

notmyrealUSERname,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
notmyrealUSERname said:
EonBlue said:
notmyrealUSERname said:

Can u explain exactly (with pics perhaps) how u are able to accomplish that? I prefer to treat my glass very gently and I don't want to run the risk of sticking my gong joints together by over zealous twisting. Gong joints are meant to slide together to hold a seal, not excessive wieght or force in the "wrong" direction which is what happens when you pull out the slide. Hence the need for the keck clip on the vxc.

Try watching mine or one of pappys vxc videos. We both use a 18mm to 18mm curved adaptor. 18mm to 14mm would be similiar and don need a clip IMO. A 14mm vxc or a 18mm to 14mm adaptor isnot ideal, ad will ngatively effect performance and airflow IMO. 18mm is for those who want best performance IMO

IAmKrazy2,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
since i'm at it. can you add me to the cloud v2 waiting list now. i wanna get a head start this time around :D

ilovebOObs,

WafflesVape

With all the anticipation and hype, it is exciting to see it trickling out!
To those of you who are lucky enough to have tried the Cloud:
Is it everything you had hoped it would be?
Assuming yes, then what do you think it's weakest strong point is?

WafflesVape,

jeff

IAmKrazy2 said:
notmyrealUSERname said:
EonBlue said:

Try watching mine or one of pappys vxc videos. We both use a 18mm to 18mm curved adaptor. 18mm to 14mm would be similiar and don need a clip IMO. A 14mm vxc or a 18mm to 14mm adaptor isnot ideal, ad will ngatively effect performance and airflow IMO. 18mm is for those who want best performance IMO

Can you link your video? I tried but could not locate.

jeff,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
jeff said:
Can you link your video? I tried but could not locate.

I'm not positive but I think this may be what he is referring to, can see the adapter pretty well. I have the same adapter which is what I might use with my bubbler for a little extra clearance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIT7bvywv1s

By the way, I just realized there is another VXC beta demo on YouTube that I must have missed. Or forgotten, that's a distinct possibility. :lol: Anyway, here's Pappy using a Wilson donut bubbler very similar to my Headford. Serious entertainment value ala the dog and dancing shadow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0moJtHA4ws

And here's Pappy showing the VXC with the SGW HT . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mfr4zUf_nBI

oldiebutgoodie,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Here is a video of Pappy's where he explains the benefit of using adapters with the cloud. I started using adapters shortly after and I swear by them as well. I have 'em in 2 sizes (2 14mm x 18mm, and 2 18mm to 18mm) all of them in 45 degree angle type.

Your link text

Looks good and tasty! :brow:

Bluntcrush,

oldiebutgoodie

Bluntcrush said:
Here is a video of Pappy's where he explains the benefit of using adapters with the cloud. I started using adapters shortly after and I swear by them as well. I have 'em in 2 sizes (2 14mm x 18mm, and 2 18mm to 18mm) all of them in 45 degree angle type.

Your link text

Yep, that was the one I was looking for too, couldn't put my finger on it. "Gyroscopic protection", even. :lol:

I found this one too where Pappy shows how an adapter can be important for protection. The next just illustrates how it gives you better clearance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRF9E0xRWSk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUmrK2Z7FYY

oldiebutgoodie,

hereatlast

Some more thoughts:

Taste: I think this is the tastiest vapor I've had. The first hit really segregates the best flavor in a way I haven't experienced prior with vapor. While flavor is maintained throughout, the "volatiles" obviously diminish with time and temperature. I would guess that if a user started their session at a higher temperature that much of those intricacies would be lost from the onset.
Some vaporizers (or tubing) may have a slight "getting used to it until it becomes baseline" taste to start, I didn't notice this with the Cloud. Very flavorful vapor from the first hit and I felt I was tasting exactly what I was supposed to be (nah'mean? :cool:).

Heat-up: I clocked just over five minutes and thirty seconds from cold (red) to ready (green) at noon position ("roughly 400F/204C"). That was a sample set of one measurement.

Performance: No stirring has been necessary for me, this method (or lack of) has yielded consistently evenly vaped material. It seems to me that extraction is good with the Cloud (i.e. the heat is obviously penetrating the sample thoroughly and evenly; by this I do not mean that the Cloud will turn your herbs black, I haven't cared to go past the vapor zone that I enjoy).

Air-flow is obviously great and a strong-suit for the cloud.

Aesthetics: I think the word industrial is fair. That said, the Cloud is slightly rough around the edges IMO (in some ways literally). The "chassis" encloses the "heater" nicely but the four screws on two sides of the enclosure stand out a bit. Also, these screws get hotter than the rest of the enclosure.

The green and red lighting in the tube is a great and functional touch. :tup: The light begins flashing red:green after one hour of use ("the pattern [is] two red blinks followed by three green blinks.") indicating auto-shutoff.

In a good way there's not much to look at here (though there's probably some gawking in the very beginning). The "no frills" minimalism of the enclosure really brings the eye to the red or green lighting of the glass.

Misc: The Cloud's enclosure is warm to the touch after a good amount of use but not to the point of being uncomfortable to pick up and hold.

The unit makes a "clicking" sound, particularly in the beginning or when responding to a temperature change ("You may hear a slight clicking/buzzing sound when you turn on [the unit] --this is normal and is the unit smoothing out the electrical signal."). It's not that loud and not particularly annoying/noticeable to me (my better half really took note of this feature in the beginning). Either way, it quickly became a noise that I didn't wonder/care about. How loud is it? I dunno, not very.

The Cloud's bowls are a nice contraption IMO. I will mention, I've had a little strand of SS protruding once or twice that was easily removed (but it could prick the finger). I got a bunch of bowls so its fun packing them with different things. They're not very warm to the touch even immediately after removal from a hot unit.

Kief and bubble hash. ;)

My unit is #9 (labeled "SN0009").

Hydratube: I can't say enough about this VX/Sov. collabo. Continually impressed by the structure/weight/thickness of the glass (seriously, I want more info. on TAFKAGM/company and your future plans with him/them :cool:). The trees function superbly and of course its wonderful atop the unit it was made for (when using the HT I'm still in the habit of grabbing the unit ready to turn it upside down as is custom with other pieces). The bore reduction is right on point. :tup:

I'll put some more pics up if wanted and/or if others don't start posting them themselves. :)

*Comments in quotations in parentheses are from info. that came with the unit.

Edited to add more to the misc. section.

hereatlast,

sweetdreams4.2.0

Very nice review hereatlast, yes pictures and videos would be amazing if possible. It's great to hear that this vape is holding its own. question for SM55 is there any possibility we could fix the screws so they dont stand out without voiding the warranty?

sweetdreams4.2.0,

oldiebutgoodie

hereatlast - really great review. :D The completeness and honesty is appreciated.

Given how hungry the crowd here is, I don't think additional pics would hurt. Actually, I take that back - the review and the pics only prolong the agony of being without one's very own Cloud.

You are one lucky bastard. :)

oldiebutgoodie,

hereatlast

IAmKrazy2 said:
a 18mm to 14mm adaptor isnot ideal, ad will ngatively effect performance and airflow IMO. 18mm is for those who want best performance IMO

I disagree though this is obviously a preference/opinion. I don't think that glass with 18mm joints is necessarily better while I do think that one can easily notice the difference 18 and 14. Why do you think that 18mm offers better performance (as a function of air flow)?

I also think its worth mentioning that the Cloud isn't necessarily just for big pieces. I had a lot of fun recently with the Cloud and a tiny little Jagito. :)

hereatlast,

Ville23

Nice review! Of course we would love more pix!
Any chance we can get a video of that sweet HT in action?

How much do the extra ELB's cost?

Ville23,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
hereatlast thanks for your thoughts on your new toy, we are all drooling and chomping at the bit to add our own reviews to yours.

in regards to the keck clip issue i brought up, i feel that pappy's video visually explains exactly what i am trying to say;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CYJL38wTZ4&feature=related

this is the video where he uses his adaptor on a piece that has a 45 degree downstem. notice how every single time he disconnects the vxc he has to use both hands to prevent the adaptor from falling out. this is exactly what i wish to eliminate by using a keck clip on the vxc! that way the adaptor will be semi-permanently attached to the vxc rather than the bong. am i making sense now?

notmyrealUSERname,

BL4ZE

Thanks for the review hereatlast. I'll try and get a small review up this weekend, however mine won't be nearly as well written. :lol:

BL4ZE,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
hereatlast said:
IAmKrazy2 said:
a 18mm to 14mm adaptor isnot ideal, ad will ngatively effect performance and airflow IMO. 18mm is for those who want best performance IMO

I disagree though this is obviously a preference/opinion. I don't think that glass with 18mm joints is necessarily better while I do think that one can easily notice the difference 18 and 14. Why do you think that 18mm offers better performance (as a function of air flow)?

I also think its worth mentioning that the Cloud isn't necessarily just for big pieces. I had a lot of fun recently with the Cloud and a tiny little Jagito. :)

I liked using small glass with the VXC as well, and was changing glass often, it's just so damn fun to use with everything.

Any piece of glass I use has some sort of diffusion. It could be a tree perc., an inline, u perc, waffle, diffused downstem, ect. These all fire "harder" while 18mm vs, downsizing IMO. But we're both having simple opinions and we can both agree it changes things. For me to have air flowing thru an 18mm joint then downsizing so quickly just doesn't seem to make sense, it restricts the air flow further. The "unrestricted" air path of this vape is part of what makes it revolutionary... why minimize that? Again, all IMO through simple thought process and observations of percs in a lot of glass. Thoughts?

IAmKrazy2,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
notmyrealUSERname said:
hereatlast thanks for your thoughts on your new toy, we are all drooling and chomping at the bit to add our own reviews to yours.

in regards to the keck clip issue i brought up, i feel that pappy's video visually explains exactly what i am trying to say;

this is the video where he uses his adaptor on a piece that has a 45 degree downstem. notice how every single time he disconnects the vxc he has to use both hands to prevent the adaptor from falling out. this is exactly what i wish to eliminate by using a keck clip on the vxc! that way the adaptor will be semi-permanently attached to the vxc rather than the bong. am i making sense now?

It couldn't hurt, no doubt there. But not mandatory to me, and I have an extra lying around. Might do in future since you keep mentioning.

IAmKrazy2,

oldiebutgoodie

IAmKrazy2 said:
notmyrealUSERname said:

It couldn't hurt, no doubt there. But not mandatory to me, and I have an extra lying around. Might do in future since you keep mentioning.

Note however that in the first vid I posted, he doesn't hold the adapter. I think it depends on your piece. With mine, the VXC would be at a 45 degree angle and removing it simply cannot pull the adapter because that requires lifting the adapter vertically from the bubbler's stem. The clip would be redundant.

oldiebutgoodie,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom