Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

tbill

DUUUUUDE! Does anyone know how to fix the blinking light problem with the cloud? It heats up for 30 seconds then goes into blink mode everytime now!! A down cloud is an unhappy owner!! Vape exhale also said 3 months before anything can be fixed or replaced! Is anyone know how to fix the problem?? (I heard it was a simple wire fix if you knew what you were doing! Please follow up with this post or PM ME! I am about to order a vriptech heat wand to hold me over for 3 months.
Anyone know how to fix it? Anything? All help is greatly appreciated

:)
Did they say 3 months just recently? If so, it seems like I first heard of the 3 month wait....a month ago.

tbill,
Reactions: Seek

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
DUUUUUDE! Does anyone know how to fix the blinking light problem with the cloud? It heats up for 30 seconds then goes into blink mode everytime now!! A down cloud is an unhappy owner!! Vape exhale also said 3 months before anything can be fixed or replaced! Is anyone know how to fix the problem?? (I heard it was a simple wire fix if you knew what you were doing! Please follow up with this post or PM ME! I am about to order a vriptech heat wand to hold me over for 3 months.
Anyone know how to fix it? Anything? All help is greatly appreciated

:)

The VHW is a great product, and best comparison to VXC rips IMO. BUT, if you're looking for a backup id personally suggest the LSV. I think i like the VHW hits slightly better, but the LSV heating element has prove much more durable. If i was after a true backup, durability would be very important to me. Good luck, sorry for your loss.

11eleven11

The VHW is a great product, and best comparison to VXC rips IMO. BUT, if you're looking for a backup id personally suggest the LSV. I think i like the VHW hits slightly better, but the LSV heating element has prove much more durable. If i was after a true backup, durability would be very important to me. Good luck, sorry for your loss.

I remember you from way back when we were all chatting in that thread about the VHW. Glad to see you are still enjoying it. Mine got lost when I was moving... lol.

11eleven11,
Reactions: IAmKrazy2

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I have a question, do you think that it's better to let my unit work when i don't use it for 30 or 40 mn? or it's better to stop it?
I want to know what it's the better for unit durability...

sometimes i get an awful taste , just through water, i don't know why there is no dust into the unit and buds, i clean every 20 times my elb's and i change the water everyday....

If somebody could help me....nice vape

My vapes: Cloud from VXC, HA2.2, FV(waiting replacement unit), TV T1 & evo, MFLB and inh xp(shipping)

PPN,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
Mine is on pretty much the whole time I'm home. As my Cloud + died after one month I'm back to my original Cloud (1 year and still going) with the shorter timeout. I use a mechanical kitchen timer I set for 50 minutes. When it "dings" I flip the Cloud power off and back on and reset the timer. I like having the visual of how much time has elapsed/is left. I can check it if I'm going somewhere else in the house and reset if I'll be longer than the timeout. Depending on the day, the unit can be "on" for anywhere from 12-16 hours.

The Cloud+ messed up my system since its timeout was greater than the hour allowed by my mechanical timer. Couldn't find one with a longer time. Have to go to a battery timer for that, but my hearing is shot (don't know if my original Cloud "ticks" or not) and I can't hear those little beeps. But then it died so I guess the problem is moot for the time being. At least until some future, as yet unknown, date in which we might see Clouds in production/repair again.

Sinclue,
Reactions: mvapes

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
After almost a year, my ELBs are starting to destabilize. Just ordered some mo'! :tup:

Happy Sunday, Cloudists!

Dude, I got some new ones a few weeks ago and they don't fit right! I have to jam those fuckers in to get them to work. I know for a fact their bigger because if I try and use one of the caps from my old ones it falls right out! Kin of like this date once in NJ, that girl had th.........sorry, I WILL NOT DERAIL THIS THREAD!

Not a big deal but im watching

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
Dude, I got some new ones a few weeks ago and they don't fit right! I have to jam those fuckers in to get them to work. I know for a fact their bigger because if I try and use one of the caps from my old ones it falls right out! Kin of like this date once in NJ, that girl had th.........sorry, I WILL NOT DERAIL THIS THREAD!

Not a big deal but im watching

All my older ELBs were very tight with the Cloud+, but after use they began to fit better. Then the Cloud+ died. When I went back to my original Cloud the ELBs were all now loose. So much so that if I used it inverted on my Ion they would drop down into the water!

Sinclue,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
ELBs are both ductile and malleable. Too tight, give it a little stretch or run through a die. Too loose, tap down hard on the counter :)

Hoops

ANYONE KNOW HOW TO FIX THE BLINKING LIGHT PROBLEM on the cloud??

Sorry Mr3Cloud, if your unit starts green and then goes into the blinking lights within the first few minutes....it's dead and needs to be repaired by VXH.

I know some have opened their units and found an intermittent connection to the heating element on older Clouds upon failure, but have not heard of anyone actually performing the repair themselves....although some said they might be able to, none have reported success AFAIK.

Hoops,

Mr3Cloud

Does anyone have an extra cloud or have there's for sale? I am going to try and open it up and fix the problem but I doubt ill be able to... :( anyone hve any other ideas? I ordered a vriptech wand but I was hoping to have the cloud operational to go back and forth . Now she is dead ....simply a vapor tragedy !

Mr3Cloud,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
If your Cloud is indicating auto-shutoff shortly after powerup, that would indicate to me a mainborad failure of some kind. This is exactly how mine died, and for the few seconds before shutdown it would start to click and heat. iirc, when the power lead came loose, a constant red light (trying to heat) would result. ymmv :peace:

t-dub,
Reactions: Hoops

Mr3Cloud

So how
If your Cloud is indicating auto-shutoff shortly after powerup, that would indicate to me a mainborad failure of some kind. This is exactly how mine died, and for the few seconds before shutdown it would start to click and heat. iirc, when the power lead came loose, a constant red light (trying to heat) would result. ymmv :peace:
so how did u fix your cloud??

I'm stuck for 3 months with a broken cloud?? Dang...

Does the rip tech wand hit better, cleaner, harder than the cloud?

Mr3Cloud,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
There
There was a cutoff!?! Smh :-X so they want everyone else to patiently wait ....?

It's not like they just decided "oh, we're gonna stop everything, and make everyone wait for no reason, but we'll wait until XX date."

Shiiiiiiit.

They had issues with their manufacturer, and HAD to cut ties with them, and are left now with NO PARTS.

Purpl3_Haz3,
Reactions: Shrike

Mr3Cloud

It's not like they just decided "oh, we're gonna stop everything, and make everyone wait for no reason, but we'll wait until XX date."

Shiiiiiiit.

They had issues with their manufacturer, and HAD to cut ties with them, and are left now with NO PARTS.

Is yours ticking too? Any recommendations on another vape comparable to the cloud in water pipes ? I just ordered the vriptech wand. I hope it hits as well as my dead cloud did!

Mr3Cloud,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Is yours ticking too? Any recommendations on another vape comparable to the cloud in water pipes ? I just ordered the vriptech wand. I hope it hits as well as my dead cloud did!

Mine is an older ticking unit, and works great still. I'd say if you're waiting on a VHW to arrive, you should be in good hands! I've had no experience with it, or anything that compares with the cloud, but take IamKrazy's word, and others who chime in about the VHW and LSV, as they both are good backups for the Cloud. I would guess that you'll be happily held over until you can replace your cloud. I also wouldn't go opening and trying to fix your Cloud ;) Wait, and send it in....worth the wait!

Purpl3_Haz3,
Reactions: IAmKrazy2

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I have to say, happiness is being in the Cloud(s) . . . ;)
Backup old ticker meets new Cloud+ Hulk style.
cloudsfx.png

t-dub,
Reactions: Shrike
I have been feeling frustrated with VXL for a while now but recently I have had more time to do some reflective thinking. Also I am not proclaiming myself to be an expert nor did I earn a degree in business. Now Cue the violin:

Originally placed my order for a Cloud a week before Thanksgiving in 2012, also choose the quickest delivery option. The cloud came into my possession the first week into February of 2013 but the Swagger Glass came two weeks afterwards. This occurred after keeping in touch with the VXL crew almost every week during those 4 months. Finally during January I had to create my own solution by having them treat my order has two separate ones and ship the actual Cloud itself first.

The unraveling of the cloud itself was a short moment of being relieved followed by more anxiety after taking a closer look at the vaporizer. The two metal halves were screwed together off kilter, so there is a space in-between that allows you to look inside. Then after a month of use I noticed the bamboo on bottom started to collect some sticky glue like substance. At this point I did not want to continue having combustion in my lifestyle so toughing it out with a (defective cloud).

For those 5 months that my cloud was being used the normal time of it staying activated averaged around 10 am in the morning until 11 pm at night making sure to reset the cloud when the device timed-out.

As of June 7th 2013 my Cloud has what we should adopt as (the red flash of death). Also the bamboo glass itself I noticed started to rotate itself inside the device when I had my glass attachment on. I can move it around even now since its not working.

What started to trouble me is that the ELB and how quickly the first two just destabilized. The actual metal threading began to come apart right where top lip comes out for the lid to close down on. So the next four that I ordered with two of them have a small hole around the lid area and the one of them has the threading coming apart. I also requested the fastest shipping option these got to me in two weeks.

I am comfortable in admitting I gave away more than 500 dollars to VXL. I think I am more upset about reading how VXL is asking people for more money just to upgrade the parts in order to repair it. If a person buys an apple product and it breaks within that first year the customer never gets asked to spend more to get a properly working product back.

I really question how their business is handled and how they choose their manufactures not only for their cloud unit but their ELB as well. Their foundations just do not seem to be well built ie: customer service because how many of us got emails or calls telling us their might be a defect with this line of clouds. Better yet how many of us got calls after our purchase to make sure we were / are completely satisfied with the product. Also who decided its a smart business move to spend money on novelty Livestrong bands to give as an apologetic gift. If you want to show the customer your sorry how about a discount on the items they actually are forced to buy: ELB’s.

Also seeing them putting more time and effort into getting public relations with twitter and conventions while they have inventory shortages is a head scratcher, because an ipod really needed to get attention at a convention rather than just have the customer do it by word of mouth. The marketing principal of: bad service and a customer tells 10 people definitely applies here.

What does it say about this business too if they are willing to put faulty clouds on the market for people to purchase?

This entire situation from what I have been reading about just does not smell right to me at all. As upset as I should be I guess I am not really that shocked since I had seen all these signs in front of me. So maybe I just truly feel like a victim of being robbed.

Time for a nice long break for myself since its looking like it will be 3 months if I sent it in now. If i was a betting man I would put all my money on me getting an actual proper working model on the anniversary of my purchase: November.

Please forgive these ramblings or rant from a sobering vaporizer snob.

Top Bottom