• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

jackstraw62

Low temp deadhead vaporist
I just ordered my cloud. had to go through some hoops but it will be worth it. Great prop to the whole team, especially Phil, for making this happen hopefully i will be in the clouds soon cant wait. gonna hit the bong and the hot air gun right now in celebration
:D :D :D :D

jackstraw62,
Reactions: Vessel

greystr0ke

Most of us who have gotten the email pre-ordered on the first day we were able to which was June 11, 2010.

greystr0ke,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
ShadowLink12 said:
If people post about getting to place their order, could they also post on what date they preordered? That is assuming you still have your original preorder email around. That should give the people waiting a rough timeline as far as how fast orders are being filled.

That depends on your definition of "rough". As already explained, the availability of each type of HT varies and consequently orders are not being filled in exact date sequence. Furthermore, the fulfillment rate is not linear; there are a number of variables. That's why it's called a "ramp". ;)

Of course if we want to get serious, all those having pre-ordered in June-August must submit their dates and tube choices to provide a baseline, we could ask VapeXhale for the run rate on each tube as well as the run rate at the contract manufacturer as well as the final test throughput rate, plug that all into a spreadsheet, and then add macro variables for our estimates of increases over time in run-rate quantities as processes are refined and stabilized, then do some modeling to adjust for float, then . . .

Removing tongue from cheek: In short, while it may be fun to speculate, any estimates should be taken with a very large grain of salt.

oldiebutgoodie,

m0j0h4nd

I preordered in May of 2011. I don't expect to get an email for at least 6 months, probably more.

m0j0h4nd,

jeff

oldiebutgoodie said:
ShadowLink12 said:
If people post about getting to place their order, could they also post on what date they preordered? That is assuming you still have your original preorder email around. That should give the people waiting a rough timeline as far as how fast orders are being filled.

That depends on your definition of "rough". As already explained, the availability of each type of HT varies and consequently orders are not being filled in exact date sequence. Furthermore, the fulfillment rate is not linear; there are a number of variables. That's why it's called a "ramp". ;)

Of course if we want to get serious, all those having pre-ordered in the June-August must submit their dates and tube choices to provide a baseline, we could ask VapeXhale for the run rate on each tube as well as the run rate at the contract manufacturer as well as the final test throughput rate, plug that all into a spreadsheet, and then add macro variables for our estimates of increases over time in run-rate quantities as processes are refined and stabilized, then do some modeling to adjust for float, then . . .

Removing tongue from cheek: In short, while it may be fun to speculate, any estimates should be taken with a very large grain of salt.

Guys I thought they made the new thread to keep this kind of stuff in the old thread.

jeff,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I got my production unit yesterday. The first thing I noticed that I had "forgot", is that I get such a crystal clear buzz @ 12 noon position. That said, I think the average vaprorist might prefer the 1:00 tempp. I myself was even adjusting up to 12:15 to get where I like. A hair up on the dial, and it seems to jump 2 or 3 degrees (although I'm not certain. For me, 5 degrees can make the difrence between too high, too low, and perfection.

IAmKrazy2,

oldiebutgoodie

jeff said:
Guys I thought they made the new thread to keep this kind of stuff in the old thread.

Exactly. That was the whole point of my post. Hopefully enough facetiousness to put all the posting everyone's order date and making estimates and conjecturing why this or that is happening or not . . . to bed once and for all - it's pointless.

oldiebutgoodie,

EonBlue

Soul Rebel
IAmKrazy2 said:
I got my production unit yesterday. The first thing I noticed that I had "forgot", is that I get such a crystal clear buzz @ 12 noon position. That said, I think the average vaprorist might prefer the 1:00 tempp. I myself was even adjusting up to 12:15 to get where I like. A hair up on the dial, and it seems to jump 2 or 3 degrees (although I'm not certain. For me, 5 degrees can make the difrence between too high, too low, and perfection.

Happy Friday!

Still getting used to mine but I seem to start at 1:00 then once the unit is warmed up drop down to 12:00. But right in that rage is glorious vapor. BTW this thing is extremely effective and a pleasure to use. :ko:

EonBlue,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
IAmKrazy2 said:

I could also see those light weight users roast out a bowl in the morning at 12 noon position, and adjusting to 2:00 position for some higher temp actives and more extraction. You light weights might get to or even 3 sessions out of a single bowl.

IAmKrazy2,

oldiebutgoodie

IAmKrazy2 said:
I could also see those light weight users roast out a bowl in the morning at 12 noon position, and adjusting to 2:00 position for some higher temp actives and more extraction. You light weights might get to or even 3 sessions out of a single bowl.

Those sessions will presumably sometimes be more than an hour later so the unit will shut itself off. Still, any degradation of material over hours of time?

oldiebutgoodie,

EonBlue

Soul Rebel
Those sessions will presumably sometimes be more than an hour later so the unit will shut itself off. Still, any degradation of material over hours of time?

The heater is below the bowl so the ELB doesn't get too hot until you start to draw through the unit, IMO at normal temps I don't think leaving the ELB in the unit is an issue.

EonBlue,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
oldiebutgoodie said:
jeff said:

Exactly. That was the whole point of my post. Hopefully enough facetiousness to put all the posting everyone's order date and making estimates and conjecturing why this or that is happening or not . . . to bed once and for all - it's pointless.
Not to be a dick but....maybe they should have waited til this thing was ACTUALLY released to make a new thread if talk of preorder business was to be avoided. If 4 or 8 of these things are going out per week i'd expect to continue to see a good amount of anxious, whiney posts about wait time :2c:

SF Giant,

jeff

SF Giant said:
oldiebutgoodie said:
jeff said:

Not to be a dick but....maybe they should have waited til this thing was ACTUALLY released to make a new thread if talk of preorder business was to be avoided. If 4 or 8 of these things are going out per week i'd expect to continue to see a good amount of anxious, whiney posts about wait time :2c:

They can post away with that in the old thread not to be a dick.

jeff,

m0j0h4nd

jeff said:
SF Giant said:
oldiebutgoodie said:

They can post away with that in the old thread not to be a dick.

They could if the post hadn't been closed. And I don't mind if anyone calls me a dick but this is the thread for Cloud talk. They didn't make this thread to avoid any talk of preorders, they made this thread because they make new threads when a product is released versus in development.

m0j0h4nd,

Durden

I am Jack's title
Was trying to wait to review until I could get something at the top of the page so it doesn't just get buried but people just cant resist posting about nothing so whatever I'll just do something quick.

Please keep discussion to the actual unit and questions about it specifically.

I'm very impressed by how quickly the unit heats up, and it can keep up very well with heavy use. If more than one person is using it you will need to wait a few seconds between uses but the lights really make it easy to tell when its ready. Eliminates a lot of 'ghost hits' that are common in a larger group towards the end of a particular pack.

So far I haven't had enough time to really evaluate different packing and other methods, mostly because its so easy to start using that it doesn't require as big of a learning curve for setup to get satisfactory operation like most of the other systems I've used with glass. From what I have done its been incredibly even overall with zero stirring, and packed lightly at full power things got a decent brown, but not black. If packed more densely I could easily see it getting darker based on previous experiences.

One of the main things in my mind is the glass, the Hydratubes are very functional and the sizing is spot on. While mine is semi stable on its own, I would recommend something to store it in. Im using a fabric drawer organizer from Ikea and a wooden box I had saved from some kitchen supplies that the tube and organizer (cushioning) fits into very well. You have some options as the tube wont spill water when tilted at around a 45 degree angle, so think about it and figure out what solution works best for you.

The packaging was also very well done, and the warranty sheet was a nice touch, gives me high hopes for future packaging and development upgrades.

Durden,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Congratz for the release...I'm really happy for you guys and I just hope to test this baby ASAP!!! :)

m0sh,

oldiebutgoodie

m0j0h4nd said:
. . . They didn't make this thread to avoid any talk of preorders, they made this thread because they make new threads when a product is released versus in development.

The product is in limited release. So while not in development, it is also not in general release. There have been a multitude of posts explaining the various limiting factors during ramp-up. Obviously VapeXhale and vtac agreed that moving to limited release warranted a new thread, under the guidelines vtac spelled out.

SF Giant said:
. . . If 4 or 8 of these things are going out per week i'd expect to continue to see a good amount of anxious, whiney posts about wait time

And this illustrates the point exactly. No one here knows if "4 or 8 are going out per week", and anyone who thinks that during a ramp-up what happens this week is indicative of what will happen next week or month, is simply talking through his/her hat. Similarly, requesting everyone post pre-orders dates is also of no real value. VapeXhale has already communicated as much as there is to share, and will no doubt continue to do so as ramp-up proceeds. IMO pointless unanswerable unknowing questions let alone speculation and whining is all just flogging the donkey, and fits vtac's definition of "useless" which at the onset of this thread he requested we avoid.

oldiebutgoodie

Durden said:
. . .From what I have done its been incredibly even overall with zero stirring, and packed lightly at full power things got a decent brown, but not black. If packed more densely I could easily see it getting darker based on previous experiences . . .

Are you using a fairly coarse grind, aka "shredded"?

oldiebutgoodie,

vape4life

Banned for life
Good post Oldie, and I suppose that when we preordered doesn't matter that much, and it's awesome that members are letting us know what "number" their Cloud is. It's just there is such a huge range of preorder dates and people seriously don't know whether they will be waiting a few months, or a year plus.

vape4life,

hereatlast

Glad to see you around here Durden. :)

OBG: I think you may be reading into that "shredded" term a bit. A course-fine ground works great (or "fairly coarse" as you said). What works in your Extreme will certainly work here. Obviously you can fine tune the grind as you please...a super fine grind isn't necessary or called for.

I'm still backed off from the noon position to start and quite happy :)

Don't forget to register BTW, here's the link: http://www.vapexhale.com/support/warranty.htm
(VX:The attached literature with the Cloud directs users to www.vapexhale.com/registration which leads me to a "404 Not Found" while the above link is working for me.)

hereatlast,

Durden

I am Jack's title
I have a 2 pc Space Case, kinda hard not to go really small with that. Then I just tapped the larger cylinder against the table to make it settle and repeated.

Durden,

hereatlast

I'm using the same thing Durden and I agree about not being able stay course. Ultimately I guess my point was that a 4-piece or 2-piece will work just fine. I'll try with my 4-piece Space Case soon and test to see the difference.

hereatlast,

mongorian

Perfectly Toasted
It's a little bit of a bummer that the originally planned box (that doubles as storage) isn't being included for the pre-order clouds. This seems like a very important piece when thinking of where this fairly delicate piece of equipment will live when not in use.

VXL - Do you all have any plans of making the original boxes available to the pre-orders at a later date, even if for a nominal fee?

mongorian,
Top Bottom