VapeDynamics CeraWax 510 attachment for concentrates

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
KZ's long overdue CeraWax mini-review

A while ago I was contacted by VapeDynamics to review their "Duo" vaporizer. That product was very disappointing and likely a market failure, I think it's been discontinued since. But alongside the vape I received that CeraWax 510 atty. I didn't use concentrates at all then, so I just put it aside. Since that time, I eventually stashed a lot of reclaim oil and ABV and started doing QWET runs etc. Well you guess how it ended: I unearthed the CeraWax and gave it a try, and I must admit I'm quite pleased! The usual disclaimer applies: I have no vested interest in that company nor did I receive any financial compensation apart from the free sample atty. I have no website to generate ad revenue from nor am I making any money out of vaporizers reviews.

Introduction

This product is not new per se, but I noticed we didn't have any dedicated thread for it on FC. I'm creating one to fill the gap, but I need to warn you that it's gonna be a very short review. I have very little experience with concentrates vaping, so my opinion is surely very candid and short-sighted.

I spare you the packaging and unboxing shots. There's just the attachment and two extra atomizer heads (for a total of 3 in the package), as well as dab scoop tool.

Some pictures

This atty is super stealthy. It's a perfect match on the original iStick Pico, shown here in brushed steel livery. Honestly there's no way an untrained eye could distinguish it from a regular e-cig. It's the pinnacle of stealthiness for me.

2qinxpc.png

To get a better idea of the small size, here it is compared to the iHeat mounted on the Steam Engine DNA mod. This is ridiculous in comparison! I wish all 510 convection vapes were that small but unfortunately it's impossible due to cooling reasons. The iHeat is already super hot with such a short stem, we can't really go any smaller. Our only hope is SBS mods, but I digress...

2di0i9l.png

Build quality is on par with all these Chinese attys: CNC machined stainless steel, glass and a few clear silicone o-rings. Since there's no liquid it doesn't even have to be super tight as there's nothing to leak. There are only a few pieces: the 510 base, the atomizer head, a glass tube (replaceable if you break it), the top cap and a standard e-cig mouthpiece (compatible with tons of alternatives if you don't like it)

2u43588.png

Operation

The atomizer head has a screw-on cap with a single hole for the vapor to exit. This makes the vape virtually splash proof. To load material you first remove the glass cover and top, it's just friction held by the two o-rings:

23syhxy.png

Then you unscrew the cap, use the scoop to put a dab of material inside and screw it back:

2irugbo.png

Obviously the previous picture is not very clear as there was already some melted material and residue inside. So here's another shot of an unused head so you can see the layout inside:

259abt3.png

It's some kind of ceramic dish and the air intake holes are above the dish bottom. So far I never had anything leaking down the head and into the base, but I was careful to hold the atty more or less vertical during use. Note that when you are drawing air naturally will prevent the concentrate from trying to escape through the vents. So I think it's a nice design compared to say donuts with legs and bottom holes etc.

Conclusion

I told you it would be a mini review only! I can't compare it to anything else. For me it just works. I made it work easily in TC mode using the stock Nickel profile and starting at ultra low temperatures (130°C / 266°F) then working my way up until there's nothing but a thin film of residue on the dish.

I know the displayed temperature is absolutely not the one inside the dish but this setting gives me a lot of temperature range on the mod to step up through. I initially tried with a SS profile but the atty was rather cold running and wispy and I had to max the temperature on the mod and still couldn't really cash the load fully.

So I have no idea what the coil material is under the ceramic, the manual doesn't say it. There's just an engraving on the head saying: 5-25W max. I guess it could work in Power (Wattage) mode but since it works really well in TC mode out of the box I didn't even try.

Resistance reads about 0.8ohm cold. My ArticFox settings are: max power 15W, 0 seconds preheat, resistance locked to 0.79ohms, temp control PI regulator (P = 900, I = 50), coil material nickel 200, temperature dominant.

The only negative aspect I found so far is that the dish seems to have a tiny groove on the outside border (a recess just before the walls) Concentrates will flow into that groove and unless you use a needle I imagine it will be really hard to clean it completely. I don't know why they made this, it's a bit stupid. I'll report back when I'll do my first thorough cleaning, so far I've only be scrapping and cleaning with a qtip when still warm.

That's it! It's ceramic with no exposed metal coil, it vapes my concentrates pretty well, you can clean it or replace heads easily and for cheap. It's all I expected and does the job for me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom