• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Vape-Or-Smoke Vaporizer

Beezleb

Welcome and good luck with your release.

How much does the bowl hold and are their any videos?

Beezleb,

vapeorsmoke

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
aero18 said:
I see that you sell the product in the Piece of Mind shop on 36th St but not University Way. You should start selling in the University District as I am sure it would be extremely popular with college students! It looks extremely discrete and portable.

We're adding new stores as quickly as we can and hope to be in the University District soon. Until then, the shop on 36th isn't too far.

aero18 said:
Further questions: Does the metal bowl get very hot under normal use? Too hot to place in a pocket or to hold?

The Vape-Or-Smoke can be put in your pocket immediately after use. It doesn't get uncomfortably hot under typical use.

vapeorsmoke,

vapeorsmoke

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Lo said:
Made of the highest quality polymers and metals

I'm curious about the types of metals and polymers used please??

The bowl is 303 stainless steel, the mouthpiece is FDA approved Zytel and the cover and chassis are a proprietary blend carbon filled Ryton. In one of our product tests, we ran over the product several times with a truck without it breaking.

vapeorsmoke,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
When will we be able to buy parts for our units? Im putting some serious mileage on mine and I want to make sure im stocked just in case.

mvapes,
It would appear from your videos that you have a glassblower onsite and onstaff, that's very interesting and I'm curious if there are any plans for a glass based vapeorsmoke product in the future?

Wish I had a torch like that!

charliedontsurf,

JeffK1893

Looks like a very unique, interesting product i may have to try soon :D

is there any visible vapor upon exhaling?

Jeff K.

JeffK1893,

VaporAje

VaporTower Creator
Retailer
I was excited to try out the new Vape-Or-Smoke unit last night. However I was disappointed to burn so easily and not figure out how to get vape only. I turned down the flame as low as possible, but it still burns. Not sure if others have had more success in vaping with it. It is a good pipe for outdoor use but I would not consider it a vape at this point. The idea is really cool though and I'm sure with some modification it could become a vape. I tried turning the bowl 180 degrees so the flame can only hit the outside without the holes, seems like a good idea like the Pocket Vapor VP-600, however this position does not allow air/vapor flow through the mouthpiece. If it did it just might solve the trick of an easy to use Vape. Looking forward to hearing more feedback.

VaporAje,

HindenPeter

Vape-or-Smoker
Hey guys, I'm an avid Vape-or-Smoke user/supporter, and have noticed some questions going unanswered. I've been with the project since its very early days, and have a number of very well-placed sources that makes me capable of answering any and all questions you could possibly have about the tool. Feel free to PM, email (via the form), or post your questions here, and I'll be more than happy to answer them.

And now I'd like to clear a few things up that I saw in this thread;

pakalolo asks: "what materials are used, especially in the airpath?"

A: The chassis and body are carbon-filled Ryton. The mouthpiece is FDA-approved Zytel, the bowl is 303 stainless steel, and the ash catcher is 6061 alcoa aluminum. All metal components are ultrasonically cleaned during inspection.

---------------------------------------------

I saw mention of the pall being quite easy to lose, and if not properly inserted, that's a very real possibility.

But fear not! If care is taken, and the pall inserted correctly, you'll never lose it. Here's how: open your Vape-or-Smoke and take out the lighter. You'll notice the lighter has a special slot built into it specifically for the pall. If you take a closer look, you'll also notice that the slot is designed so that the pall is supposed to slide in from the side, not from above. To correctly insert the pall into the lighter, first place the pall in the body of your tool in the same spot it was when you removed the lighter, and carefully place the lighter on top of it, making sure the bulbous head of the pall is IN the slot, not ON it. It's easiest to tell if the pall is inserted properly by simply opening the mouthpiece to a 45 degree angle. If you encounter resistance before you get to 45 degrees, then the pall isn't inserted correctly.

Also note that inserting the pall incorrectly can lead to your lighter breaking and no longer being able to light.

momatik said:
Note that the website is "VAPorsmokepipe.com". This is not the manufacturer's website. What you want is http://vapeorsmokestore.com/index.php/cPath/22 where the Ninja Edition (highly recommended over the original) can be had for $150, and the original for $100, though there are limited quantities on the original since it's no longer being produced. I have seen the Ninja Edition going for anywhere from $100 to $150 in stores.

VaporAje said:
I was excited to try out the new Vape-Or-Smoke unit last night. However I was disappointed to burn so easily and not figure out how to get vape only. I turned down the flame as low as possible, but it still burns. Not sure if others have had more success in vaping with it. It is a good pipe for outdoor use but I would not consider it a vape at this point. The idea is really cool though and I'm sure with some modification it could become a vape. I tried turning the bowl 180 degrees so the flame can only hit the outside without the holes, seems like a good idea like the Pocket Vapor VP-600, however this position does not allow air/vapor flow through the mouthpiece. If it did it just might solve the trick of an easy to use Vape. Looking forward to hearing more feedback.
The easiest, almost fool-proof way of getting the Vape-or-Smoke to vaporize effectively is to use the long screen that was included with your tool. To use it, simply wrap it around a cylindrical object, like a sharpie, and insert the now-cylindrical screen into your tool. I find this allows me to vaporize at almost any flame level.

The manufacturer is aware of the issues people have been having getting their tools to vape satisfactorily, and later next week after CHAMPS they'll be releasing a new video to help people figure out how to get their tool vaping properly, and will make changes as necessary to keep their customers happy.

--------- UPCOMING ---------
You've known about e-cigarettes forever, and I'm sure you also know that you can buy the oils used in them at almost any smoke shop. Well the creators of the Vape-or-Smoke are releasing what they're calling "atomizer cartridges" that will allow you to vape the oils through your tool, making it the only device on the market capable of smoking/vaping pipe tobacco, sheesha (as used in a hookah), e-cig oils, and any other medium you could smoke/vape through any other pipe or vaporizer.

------------ LINKS ------------
Materials: Ryton || Zytel
Manufacturer: http://vapeorsmoke.com
Buy Online: http://vapeorsmokestore.com
Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Vapeorsmokers || http://www.youtube.com/user/Addicted2VapeOrSmoke
Pictures: http://imgur.com/a/riZGm

--------- REMEMBER ---------
Please ask ANY questions you have about the Vape-or-Smoke because they will be answered.

Happy vaping!

HindenPeter,

TheOwner

I personally own a VapeOrSmoke, Raydiant Vapor Engine, MFLB, Iolite, VaporBros, and a Volcano. The VapeOrSmoke is a serious contender given price, durability, and function. If you are a vapofan of any nature this one is worth your money... You've got to play to win, enjoy!

TheOwner,

treecityrnd

Tried it. Almost impossible to use as a vape. As may have been pointed out already, the YouTube videos of the designer trying to use it as a vape are quite funny. As a portable combustion device...nice. But not for vaping IMO.

treecityrnd,

HindenPeter

Vape-or-Smoker
treecityrnd said:
Tried it. Almost impossible to use as a vape. As may have been pointed out already, the YouTube videos of the designer trying to use it as a vape are quite funny. As a portable combustion device...nice. But not for vaping IMO.
Hey there treecityrnd, we'd like to know what methods you've used to try and vape with the Vape-or-Smoke. Flame height, breathing speed, screen usage, any other tricks you might've tried would all be appreciated. There's never an excuse for a product that doesn't do what it says, even if it is still in its infancy, so we're trying to figure out exactly what's causing the tool to have trouble vaping for some users and develop a permanent solution for everyone as quickly as possible.

Again, you are all welcome to email or PM me, which will yield the quickest answer.

Thanks, and happy vaping!

HindenPeter,

lwien

^^ HP, if you're truly interested in making running improvements and "develop a permanent solution for everyone", which btw, imho is an impossible task, I suggest that he doesn't email you or PM you, but rather discuss it here openly, for the reason that one suggestion could spark other suggestions and out of that you may be able to cull some information to make a truly viable product which really doesn't have to be a "permanent solution for 'everyone' ", but rather just a solution for some.

lwien,

HindenPeter

Vape-or-Smoker
lwien said:
^^ HP, if you're truly interested in making running improvements and "develop a permanent solution for everyone", which btw, imho is an impossible task, I suggest that he doesn't email you or PM you, but rather discuss it here openly, for the reason that one suggestion could spark other suggestions and out of that you may be able to cull some information to make a truly viable product which really doesn't have to be a "permanent solution for 'everyone' ", but rather just a solution for some.
Very interesting suggestion... I hadn't even thought of that. And you've just proved your own theory. Lets go with that, then.

Please post here, folks. Two minds truly are greater than one.

HindenPeter,

PuffItUp

Retailer
I had a chance to meet with the creators of the vape-or-smoke vaporizer this week. Before we start selling this new vaporizer, I wanted to test it in the most extreme environments. Of course there is only one way to properly test any vaporizer, take it to Vegas and use it more than any human should.... So here is my honest review of the vape-or-smoke.

I should mention that I offered Mike, the creator of Vape-Or-Smoke, a chance read the review before I posted it. He told me he wants to read it after I post my review, and he asked me to be as judgmental as possible so they can get better feedback. That was surprising to hear, I give them a lot of credit for wanting transparency.

First Impression:

The Vape-Or-Smoke is on the smaller side, only 3.8 oz (filled) and is 3.5 x 2 x .75. That is bigger than a Magic Flight, but smaller than a Iolite. It is solid black which makes it discreet looking.

Pros:

Durability..

I had a real concern about the quality of this vaporizer considering it has a lot of plastic components. Once I got to hold the Vape-Or-Smoke I was surprised by the actual quality of the build. There was nothing on this vaporizer that I felt would break, and each part fit flush with the other parts. The VS team had material data sheets that showed the mouthpiece was made out of FDA approved food grade materials. The rest of the plastic parts are made out of a very dense plastic, dense enough that I held a torch lighter to the outside of the VS and it did not melt. The bowl is built to aerospace tolerance and has no manufacturing remnants left inside, meaning there were no signs of manufacturing chemicals or metal flakes. I took the liberty of shutting a hotel room door on the bowl and all it did was scratch the outside.

Usability..

In the Vape-Or-Smoke videos, they show the VS being taken completely apart, it is cool to see but is not what is needed for actual use. With your thumb you can slide the bowl out where it can easily be packed and slid back into place, there is also a hole in the back for filling the butane. Those are the main two things you will be doing to your VS day to day, Once the bowl is exposed, you can give it another thumb push and fully disassemble the unit which should be seldom necessary.

Holding the VS in the palm of your hand, you use your thumb to extend the mouthpiece about 45 degrees, then you put your lips on the mouthpiece and lift it to a 90 degree angle ( try using your thumb and mouth at the same time to bring it to 90 degrees )

We used the VS more than we should of for two days straight until the butane ran out. I don't have a exact number of puffs we got off it before the butane went out but it was more than adequate.

You need to start inhaling while you lift the mouthpiece up so the butane torch has enough oxygen to ignite. Once the torch lights up, you get solid vapor almost instantly. You must keep inhaling until you're done. A nice safety feature is the VS only will light up if it is being used.

It was windy and cold in Vegas this week, we all took a walk outside and used the VS in the wind with no problem. The bowl does get hot with frequent use, but no other part gets too hot to hold

Flavor..

I think a better name would of been Vapor-Smoke, not Vape-Or-Smoke. From what I understand the main goal is to give the user two options, vapor with a minimal amount of combustion, or pure vapor. Being a vaporizer snob, I chose to go for the pure vapor. All you have to do is add the thick screen provided which distributes the heat evenly and gives pure vapor.

It took me about two practice bowls to get it right. My first mistake was I inserted the screen wrong, I would love to see a form fitting screen or basket to make the VS a little more user friendly. My second mistake was not inhaling fast enough, usually with portable vapes you have to inhale slowly, this vape is the opposite. After a few practice runs I was getting exactly what I wanted, dense vapor with lots of flavor. Eric who is part of the puff it up crew thought the flavor was too strong. The torch lighter is easy to adjust so we turned it down slightly which brought out a lighter vapor (A nice option)

Butane disperses before it hits the herb, but it's a good idea to use 5x refined butane which is flavorless. We used vector butane which worked perfectly.

It All Comes Apart..

This is a great feature, when you fully open the VS you can completely disassemble it. This might not be ideal for a casual vapor users, but for those of us who put a lot of miles on our vaporizers this makes a lot of sense. Completely pulling the VS apart let's you thoroughly clean the unit, which is a serious problem with other vaporizers. I soaked my VS in formula 420 All Natural for about 5 minutes and it did the trick. The manufacture also recommends rubbing alcohol.

Another great reason for having a vaporizer that completely comes apart is you can replace anything on it, and every part will be available except for the center.

ANOTHER great reason that the VS breaks down into pieces is because custom parts will be available soon. I will go into detail about this later, with some info that isn't supposed to be public knowledge yet..

*ANOTHER* Great reason the VS breaks down into pieces is because the manufacture wants your VS to last forever. So when upgrades are available you will be able to buy upgraded parts instead of a whole new vape. Seriously how cool is that?

The Upgrades..

Ok I am going to apologize now to the Vape-Or-smoke crew for giving secrets away. These concepts really impressed me and I am sure they will impress others as well. Again all these upgrades will work with the current version, as will future adapters.

- Oil Diffuser - It looks like a metal plug with a brillo pad inside of it. You can drop a little oil or wax inside the diffuser, then put it inside the bowl and you have instant concentrate vapor. A lot of companies have tried this, no one has come close to doing it right. VS really nailed this concept. I got to use one with an herb oil and it heated up instantly with great flavor. It held about three drops.

- Ceramic Bowl - This is for the "glass only" purest out there. I'm not one of the glass only people, however VS is working on a replacement bowl that is Ceramic-Tungsten
blend which is super strong and has the glass experience

- Custom Cases - VS is working on cases in different colors, and eventually designs. This is strictly for pride of ownership and doesn't change how the VS is used, but is cool.

- Vapor Basket - Earlier I said the screen was a little of a pain to put in, not terrible but it could be improved. Well, they did it and plan on selling it soon

Conclusion:

Don't think I'm being nice to the Vape-Or-Smoke team. If you read our official blog (cheap plug), we have no problem saying a vaporizer sucks.The Vape-Or-Smoke vaporizer is very well made and caters to the experienced vaporizer user. I cant really comment on combustion because I havent smoked in years and have little to compare it to. These guys put a lot of thought into every part of this vaporizer and there is very little I would change on this unit that they haven't thought of already. I do think the name is misleading and they should not recommend it for combustion, also they could do a better job with the instruction manuals. That being said, the actual unit is built very solid. With the screen in properly it works great as a vaporizer.

PuffItUp,

SmokingElectricity

i may have to cop one of these. i've been looking into a portable vape to use outdoors thats a bit more... hmmm. discreet. also durable is a big plus in my book.

SmokingElectricity,

DaProfessor

This product looks like it could have plenty of potential. If it does work as well as some of the posters in this thread indicate, I think it is superior to the Iolite. Good luck with the product and I hope it's as good as everyone says. I'll definitely be keeping my eye on the development. If I didn't have an Iolite, I would have already purchased the ninja edition :D

DaProfessor,
Top Bottom