Discontinued Vape-Or-Smoke Vaporizer

stinkmeaner

Just a new vaporizer I found on the net. It reminds me of the Pocket Vape because it uses butane lighter inside the unit as a fuel source/tank. http://vapeorsmoke.com/

If you watch the videos, they seem to get an incredible amount of vapor almost immediately, it makes me wonder if some Hollywood editing took place.

disassembly1.gif

stinkmeaner,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I'm not convinced it's a scam, but I wouldn't touch that thing, even if they answered a lot of the obvious questions, such as what materials are used, especially in the airpath? In one of the videos she says something like the Vape-or-smoke's quality far surpasses anything else on the market, which put me off immediately.

stinkmeaner said:
If you watch the videos, they seem to get an incredible amount of vapor almost immediately, it makes me wonder if some Hollywood editing took place.

I don't think so, I think she's smoking rather than vaping. It is called a Vape-or-smoke. That's why it has an ashcatcher. It does raise the interesting question of heat control. (The website says you adjust the butane torch with a screwdriver.)

Also, why no price anywhere?

pakalolo,

Egzoset

Banned
A "scam"? Do you really think so!

Perhaps it's simply like my grand mother often said in similar cases:

Tout ce qui brille n'est pas or.

(She was French-Canadian, like me)...

;)

Egzoset,

stinkmeaner

pakalolo said:
I don't think so, I think she's smoking rather than vaping. It is called a Vape-or-smoke. That's why it has an ashcatcher. It does raise the interesting question of heat control. (The website says you adjust the butane torch with a screwdriver.)

Also, why no price anywhere?
Good point, I didn't actually read any of the info, just saw the site and watched skimmed through 1 video on mute.

stinkmeaner,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
What's up guys...I'm new to the forum from NC and I felt compelled to jump in on this discussion. I'm really into vaporizers and have quite a few and my newest addition to my toys is the Vape-or-Smoke. Here is my review and I hope this helps...

Pros
1. Very portable and extremely easy to conceal. I have literally used it front of crowds and have never been questioned.
2. Its literally half the price of the iolite.
3. No heat up time (quick and easy)
4. You can actually buy parts for it seperately if something goes wrong or breaks. But there really isn't anything in it thats breakable aside from the lighter.
5. Very durable, the salesman ran the thing over with his truck!
6. Easy to clean (I soaked the parts in 91% Alcohol)

Cons
1. If you dont get the temperature right its essentially smoking...it takes some time and adjusting to get used to.
2. If the flame is too high it needs regular cleaning.
3. The lighter is a bitch to adjust, althought it doesn't need a screwdriver (your fingernail will be fine) its designed in a way that you have to take the housing off to get to the heat throttle.

Personally, I really like the unit...it took me about a week to get to the right temp but now I love it. It goes everywhere with me like american express. It's made by the same company that brought us Graffix Bongs so let's hope for the best.

Mvapes - Volcano/Digi, Vapir Oxygen Mini, V-Tower ExtremeQ, VG Glass, Vape-or-Smoke, Magic Flight Box, Eclipse Vape2o, Essential Vape, VaporBat, Custom HotBox.

mvapes,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
mvapes said:
You can actually buy parts for it seperately if something goes wrong or breaks. But there really isn't anything in it thats breakable aside from the lighter.

My impression was that the parts were more vulnerable to lossage rather than breakage. That little pall is just itching to hide from you.

pakalolo,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Your right Pakalolo...the pawl will be easily misplaced by most tokerz like myself...that's why I ordered a bunch! Their really cheap.

mvapes,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
170 is f*cking insane! I paid 100 for it at a local head shop. And this head shop is usually way overpriced so if the manufacturer is asking 170 than something ain't right.

Anybody have experience with the Iolite...im on the fence and have been thinking about making the investment.

mvapes,

Raf007

Retailer
well, forget about it ImHo. to help u forget u can read the dedicated thread...;)

Raf007,
Raf007 said:
well, forget about it ImHo. to help u forget u can read the dedicated thread...;)

MFLB is generally considered to be a cheaper, better walkaround vape than the iolite at this point, on this forum.

Having never used an iolite, and also bearing mind there have been improvements in the 2010 model, you may want to investigate it further.

charliedontsurf,

vapeorsmoke

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
The Vape-Or-Smoke is a well-engineered vaporizer, originally designed to be easily used while skiing or snowboarding. Its design allows you to vaporize anywhere, even in harsh weather conditions.

Some key features:
  • Small, portable and discreet[/*]
  • Instant Operation[/*]
  • Made of the highest quality polymers and metals[/*]
  • One handed operation[/*]
  • Made in the USA[/*]

Find out more by checking out our website: http://vapeorsmoke.com. Please ask questions, leave comments and feedback here.

steel_contents.jpg

steel_parts.jpg

vapeorsmoke,

jackmormon

Interesting unit!

One question---

Is the butane flame isolated from the airpath? Or do you inhale butane?

jackmormon,

vapeorsmoke

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
jackmormon said:
Interesting unit!

One question---

The lighter fully combusts the butane. The only by-products are CO2 and water. So assuming you are using a quality refined butane, you would only be inhaling CO2 and water.

vapeorsmoke,

lwien

vapeorsmoke said:
jackmormon said:
Interesting unit!

One question---

The lighter fully combusts the butane. The only by-products are CO2 and water. So assuming you are using a quality refined butane, you would only be inhaling CO2 and water.

Correct, but the butane does add a taste and smell to the vapor. This became readily apparent when I switched from my VaporGenie to a vape that did not use butane.

lwien,
I have access to nonbutane vaporizers, including the MFLB, Volcano and Vapolution.

I still use butane powered vaporizers 75% of the time. I find that good brands such as Colibri and Lenk are virtually flavorless, and I'm taking the pepsi challenge virtually everyday. I also consider myself something of a foodie (beerie, too) and throw all kinds of crazy shit at my palette, and I think it's refined enough to distinguish if there was a real flavor.

Since it's relevant to the topic and this vape, never use Ronson, Zippo, or any other brand of butane which doesn't claim to be at least triple filtered on the labeling.

charliedontsurf,

lwien

I was using triple filtered Vector but I also wasn't using a torch lighter, which more than likely, added to that taste and smell.

mod note: Pure butane is odorless and tasteless. Methyl mercaptan is usually an added ingredient, and can be smelled/tasted. Non torch lighters also leave partially burned carbon (soot).

lwien,

vapeorsmoke

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Our lighter was specifically designed to maximize combustion and minimize butane taste. We don't care for the taste either. With triple filtered butane in the lighter, I have inhaled with nothing in the bowl and couldn't taste the butane at all.

vapeorsmoke,

aero18

vaporist
Is the product manufactured in Seattle? :)

How long does a full butane canister last? How convenient is it to use with multiple people? Can the mouthpiece extend up, or can it only go up to a low angle?

aero18,

aero18

vaporist
I see that you sell the product in the Piece of Mind shop on 36th St but not University Way. You should start selling in the University District as I am sure it would be extremely popular with college students! It looks extremely discrete and portable.

Further questions: Does the metal bowl get very hot under normal use? Too hot to place in a pocket or to hold?

aero18,
Top Bottom