• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

VapCap M 2018 and Paranormal DNA250C: a quality combination?

softkore

Hey guys, I've been pouring over mod reviews for use with both dry herb and oils (separately of course). I'm a long time smoker and want to stop combusting, these would be my first vape purchases. Since it's Black Friday and there are tons of crazy deals, I picked up a DynaVap VapCap M 2018 from Puffitup for $48, and a Lost Vape Paranormal DNA250C from Eciggity for $98. I intend to occasionally use the Paranormal with pre-filled oil carts until I can start refilling. What do you guys think, did I choose a good combination of devices? It's still early in the day, so I could potentially change my mind on either of these devices, but I've only heard amazing things about the VapCap M in particular.

softkore,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I'd rather have a dry herb vape and a cheaper mod but I don't do any kind of ecig so maybe that's the use case you wanted to cover.

Even then I'd rather have a Splinter and a budget mod like the VTC Dual. Maybe basic mods like those aren't punchy enough for juice vaping but they have more than enough for a a 510 dry herb vape or concentrates atomizer.

bossman,

cpk

Brother of the Leaf
The DNA 250C is a good choice. You will be able to use that in replay mode which is the nice feature of dna 75c or 250c. I just picked one up at that crazy price.

cpk,

sickmanfraud

Even then I'd rather have a Splinter and a budget mod like the VTC Dual. Maybe basic mods like those aren't punchy enough for juice vaping but they have more than enough for a a 510 dry herb vape or concentrates atomizer.

I have had ABSOLUTELY no luck with "budget mods" I have 2 Cuboid 200s that jump from Tubo mode to Wattage mode on their own. I also had errors with these inexpensive mods that I do not have with a DNA 250C mod

I also bought a Wissemic RX300. If I install 4 batteries the device drains one quite quickly and I get a Balance error in less than a day, whether it is on or off. I tested this with different batteries and different cells in different slots in the mod in different locations.

sickmanfraud,
Reactions: bossman

softkore

I really appreciate all of the feedback so far, and will continue to take your suggestions into consideration! I'm such a noob I literally didn't realize that I could use the Paranormal for both dry matter and oils if I just get different atomizer tanks (correct me if I'm wrong here, was originally expecting to only use it with oils).

softkore,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Sickmanfreud has more mod experience than me. I only use a VTC Dual for my Tubo X and a Eleaf Invoke 220 running Arctic Fox for my Splinter. The mods cost less than $30 each and do TCR and wattage.

And yeah, you could get a Sai atty for concentrates and a Splinter, StemPod, or Tubo X for flower. But since an atty like the Sai works fine on a tiny little Pico mod I'd rather keep a combo like that screwed together and then own a dedicated session or on demand vape for dry herb.

softkore

And yeah, you could get a Sai atty for concentrates and a Splinter, StemPod, or Tubo X for flower. But since an atty like the Sai works fine on a tiny little Pico mod I'd rather keep a combo like that screwed together and then own a dedicated session or on demand vape for dry herb.

Nice, I appreciate the recommendation. I'm planning on getting the Titanium Sai TAF but hadn't even started looking at dry matter attachments yet. Is there something for dry matter that's comparable to the Sai TAF in quality and ubiquity of recommendations?

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Those three and the iHeat (which has an eighteen month wait list).

The dude who makes the Splinter is having a 30% off sale starting Tuesday.

If you're just shooting for minimalism keep in mind that the 510 connection will wear out if you keep unscrewing your Sai and your dry herb vape so they can share a mod.

softkore

Damn, it'll really wear out that easily? I figured the connection is steel and assumed that could be unscrewed thousands of times without wear as long as you're not heavy-handed with it.

@SloJimFizz wouldn't that cause the same issue, just not quite as quickly?

softkore,

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
Yes, get something different for the Sai too. Imo, the carts are to vulnerable and look silly on the full sized mods. Overkill for those a well.

SloJimFizz,
Reactions: bossman

Summer

Long Island, NY
It doesn't matter. All the vapes will work with any mod. You have to read the threads & make up your own mind as to what appeals to you.

You better get started with your research as @bossman said, the Splinter is having a 30% off sale starting Tuesday. Don't know if there will be any Splinter Zs currently on the website for sale.

And the stempod has a sale through the 26th:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqdsyjkjNJq/

And yes, the iHeat has an extended waitlist time.

Last edited:
Summer,

softkore

Hmm, now I'm quite worried about the 510 connector. I tried doing some searches about 510 wear and generally the problems seem to stem from bronze connections, while the Paranormal has a stainless. I'm hoping if I just use a very light touch I'll be okay... I feel like connector wear really shouldn't be an issue at that price point. I'm considering just using the Paranormal for dry matter only, but that seems like it shouldn't be necessary. I don't mind not using the prefilled carts but I'd want to be able to use an oil atomizer. I've also heard I could get a 510 adapter so that the wear is on the adapter and not the mod.

I'm noticing that the dry matter attachments seem to go for about $100 more than the Sai TAF on average, what's the reason for the significant price discrepancy? I think I'll likely have to hold off for a couple weeks at that price point so unfortunately won't be able to take advantage of those discounts.

softkore,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Splinter should be around a bill with the sale. I like mine and it's a good performer for the money. Ryan, the guy who makes them, runs his on a Paranormal.

It's true you can get a heat sink, yeah.

bossman,
Reactions: Summer
Top Bottom