• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

VapCap Induction Heater for Desktop and in Car Use

dadan

I have finally received my Caldron! Personally it is the only way that allows me to use a Vapcap M having results. I cannot easily use lighters and alcohol lamps because of my hands and therefore this Caldron gave life to the Vapcap M 2020 that otherwise would have remained in a drawer. I am very very very satisfied with the Caldron but let's start with the only cons: shipping. When I wrote: 'I finally got the Caldron!' it is because the journey of this heater from Canada to Florida and then from Florida to Italy was endless. Living in Europe, I wanted to have a complete shipment tracking, right up to my address. Pipes does not offer tracked shipping for non-Canadian and US mailings and so I wanted to use one of these services that receive packages for you and then forward them to your address. The extreme slowness, however, is related only to the shipment from Canada to Florida, the shipment of the Canadian Post Office that Pipes used. I joined the waiting list on January 28, 2020. The next day (29th), very fast, Pipes had already brought the Caldron to the post office in Oshawa, Ontario. The package remained in Canada, with the Canadian Post, until at least the end of February, before being passed to USPS in Stamford CT and then delivered to Sarasota FL on March 6th. Considering the cost of shipping this is a biblical waiting time. The package then reached my home on March 25th, a second part of shipment with acceptable times (considering customs approval). Here, the shipping part is really the only negative point of buying a Caldron. I hope Pipes will consider different delivery options in the future. But let's go back to using Caldron: in these 2 weeks I had the opportunity to use it a lot and I find it perfect. The learning curve is quite fast. Inevitably a lot depends on the quality of the strain, on whether it is fine grinded or not, on the humidity of the material and the environment, etc. I think (vapcap+caldron) is the most similar experience to smoking, also for the fact that it simulates the same gesture by bringing a small cylinder to the mouth but above all for the fact that you can also make shorter satisfying puffs. The puff technique changes a lot from most of the vaporizers I tried, which instead require usually very slow and long hits. The ideal now would be to use it with a vapcap with some glass parts instead of metal. A mixture of vapcap and biovapo. The purchase of the Caldron was a real success and the endless wait was still worth it. I recommend it without a doubt to everyone and especially to those who have a dynavap product and cannot fully exploit it with a flame heat source.

Last edited:

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
I've got to say the answer is unknown. They blacken up fairly quickly but this is a curing process that actually makes the wood harder. Our ancestors would harden their spearheads using this technique. :nod:
It would also depend on usage etc. I'd think it would get thinner over time but would equate to a heck of a lot of bowls. Easily replaceable with a slice of 1/2" dowelling. :science:

Gottawin

I've got to say the answer is unknown. They blacken up fairly quickly but this is a curing process that actually makes the wood harder. Our ancestors would harden their spearheads using this technique. :nod:
It would also depend on usage etc. I'd think it would get thinner over time but would equate to a heck of a lot of bowls. Easily replaceable with a slice of 1/2" dowelling. :science:
Thanks for the reply my friend...🙂

Gottawin,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
The wooden disc is the “heatshield” which can double as a spacer and the heat-resistant rubber cushion is a “friction pad” which is attached to the underside of the heatshield to keep it from falling out of the tube if inverted. The pad is affixed offset to the disc so some protrudes along the side. This protrusion acts as a kind of hinge by pressing against the tube pushing the wooden disc against the tube on the opposite side. The pressure is adjustable by increasing/decreasing the offset by peeling away the pad and reseating it.
To use the wooden disc as a spacer, it should be installed under the heatshield/cushion pad combo so it resides closest to the actual switch.
To remove the heatshield from the tube, you need tweezers. Push down on the side of the wooden disc closest to the glass tube. The disc should flip up enough to be able to grab with the tweezers and remove. To re-install, push down evenly with a VC cap.

chimpybits

Heya vapers, happy 420. :leaf: :rockon:
Figured it was time that I did something about Pipes Cauldron I've had sitting around in a box totally unused. (The VC I planned on using - from my WS kit - won't work as the cap doesn't remotely fit).

So, I have a 2021M in my cart. Is that a good choice paired with the Cauldron (i.e. vs 2020M)? Is there anything I else I need? (emphasis on the need lol). A different cap?

snackmaster

@chimpybits I really like that pair. With reduced bowl size I get really nice vapor by heating to the second click. Usually just toss it after that but it could absolutely go another cycle.

edit: wait the cap from Ed doesn't fit??

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
Heya vapers, happy 420. :leaf: :rockon:
Figured it was time that I did something about Pipes Cauldron I've had sitting around in a box totally unused. (The VC I planned on using - from my WS kit - won't work as the cap doesn't remotely fit).

So, I have a 2021M in my cart. Is that a good choice paired with the Cauldron (i.e. vs 2020M)? Is there anything I else I need? (emphasis on the need lol). A different cap?

2021M works well with a torch but I haven't used it in my heater yet.

The captive cap on it rattles/moves, which may or may not be a pain in an IH.
Grab a regular cap with your order, then you can see what works better for you.

chimpybits

@chimpybits I really like that pair. With reduced bowl size I get really nice vapor by heating to the second click. Usually just toss it after that but it could absolutely go another cycle.

edit: wait the cap from Ed doesn't fit??
Yes, I got it a sweet WS package from a member here. Of course, I had no use for the included cap.

After some time however, I found that my WS lacked power (turned all way up). So, I decided to try the VC+IH deal. So, I got the Cauldron, opened up my cap and saw that it didn't fit my VC.

Gave up and for the past few months have been ignoring my weak vape sitch and have been working this over-the-hill HR Edge as my DD as well as my only vape in rotation. The HR offering has admittedly been a workhorse through the slow gradual death of my mV, followed by the quick decline of the WS, and the long months running solo. However, it is just a basic portable vape - hardly suited to the usual task at hand: home/desktop use.

Now, it's 420 and I'm trying to buy something...

Last edited:
chimpybits,

snackmaster

@chimpybits is it that your cap doesn't fit in the IH or that your cap doesn't fit on the vapcap tip? If it's the former maybe your IH has the wrong size glass sleeve - all my caps fit with plenty of room to spare. If the latter you can reshape the cap by squeezing it a bit - nothing hard enough to crease the metal but enough to make the opening a bit more round oval.

Last edited:

chimpybits

@chimpybits is it that your cap doesn't fit in the IH or that your cap doesn't fit on the vapcap tip? If it's the former maybe your IH has the wrong size glass sleeve - all my caps fit with plenty of room to spare. If the latter you can reshape the cap by squeezing it a bit - nothing hard enough to crease the metal but enough to make the opening a bit more round.
It doesn't fit on the VC. I read about squeezing it but it's not even close. No amount of squeezing will do it.

Han Solo

Guess which vape I got just before joining
It doesn't fit on the VC. I read about squeezing it but it's not even close. No amount of squeezing will do it.
The standard cap I got a while back was really loose and had to be squeezed a bunch. I really did almost give up, and you have o squeeze harder than I was initially comfortable with.

chimpybits

The standard cap I got a while back was really loose and had to be squeezed a bunch. I really did almost give up, and you have o squeeze harder than I was initially comfortable with.
I've given it full strength and still it just falls off. I could dig out some pliers or vice grips tomorrow, but I don't see it helping.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
You are right, of course. It will always do what it always did. The new one just does it is less space and with less weight... ;)

cybrguy,
Top Bottom