Upgrading from Fury Edge to Mighty. Anything I need to know?

iammyself

I used a mighty years ago.
The vibration timer always killed my chill.
I was planning on looking at the manual today to see what those vibrations were supposed to mean. Just did. I thought maybe I was accidentally tapping the power button (I still may have been, which I guess is a good thing to keep it on). It never did shut off during a bowl, I was temp stepping so I was inadvertently avoiding the shut off. But a 2 minute auto shutoff is kind of short.

Mr.Sifter

yes, you are correct.
the mighty has a auto shutoff timer.
you can interrupt its count down by drawing hard enough or operate the temp buttons.

I tend not to draw hard enough on a mighty and i forget to press buttons when i am spaced out.
suddenly this things vibrates ... cant stand that interruption. feels like a phone call. thats not something I like while medicating.

iammyself

@iammyself I hope you figure out what works and make the device better for you.
I got better results just now when I packed it fuller and drew harder. That gave really good results overall. I’m really liking the larger bowl size and extraction speed. I’ll probably keep it until something that’s definitively the best, like the Mighty was for so long, comes out. But more testing is needed. Always more testing.

justcametomind

Don't forget to get dosing capsules, they are very handy to prevent dirtying the oven from black/brown residue and also the cooling unit from particulate.
Another nice move, if you like it, is to place in the CU a fine mesh screen instead of the default large mesh screen. That helps to prevents particulate entering the CU diminishing the required cleaning.
I also got a spare kit of CUs to rotate them and not needing immediate cleaning if one is gunked up in resin.

Last edited:

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
Another dosing caps fanatic here. I have three of the dosing cap caddies two of which I fill every 5 or so days, each taking four capsules: One for sativas, one for indicas, and one for the caps after they've been vaped. I love the ease of using the caps while outdoors and on the go.

iammyself

I didn’t try the dosing cap because I wasn’t a fan with the Fury Edge. I used it this morning to get a little smaller bowl wake-n-bake. Results were much more what I was expecting! I think I packed the dosing cap much tighter, the draw was more restricted. I guess I need to pack the large bowl more tightly after work tonight to see how that works.

iammyself,
Reactions: LesPlenty

iammyself

I guess I need to pack the large bowl more tightly after work tonight to see how that works.
Yup, that did it. I’m keeping the Mighty. I just needed more weed packed in the oven when not using a dosing cap. I’ll use the cap when I want a smaller dose, oven packed tighter for bigger. The larger capacity fits my needs much better than the smaller size and slower extraction from the Fury Edge. The Edge will always hold a special place in my heart as being what got me hooked on dry herb vaping.

C No Ego

Yup, that did it. I’m keeping the Mighty. I just needed more weed packed in the oven when not using a dosing cap. I’ll use the cap when I want a smaller dose, oven packed tighter for bigger. The larger capacity fits my needs much better than the smaller size and slower extraction from the Fury Edge. The Edge will always hold a special place in my heart as being what got me hooked on dry herb vaping.

I'm exact opposite using as little weed as possible per session ... you actually come to realize that full loaded bowls are a waste and tolerance can be adjusted to match the smaller loads over time ... check out the micro dose thread talking about it ... just wanted to mention . I like seeing your enthusiasm though wanting to cook as many herb bowls as possible as fast as possible ETC.....

C No Ego

Full bowls for me...the way most units were designed to run, capsules were always an afterthought (except Ghost and look how that turned out). :2c:

if I am packing half bowls and they do not vape well I then add degummed hemp fiber into the bowl to reduce over all load ... if you put the hemp fiber after the herb it provides a filter too that helps condition the vapor somewhat ....

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Just saying if you want to use small loads do so in a vape designed for that purpose, a log vape like my WS turns a tiny amount of pot in a lot of vapor, the same amount in a Mighty needs help to work and no matter how you fill the void it will not be as good as a full bowl in a vape that is designed for said amounts.

C No Ego

Just saying if you want to use small loads do so in a vape designed for that purpose, a log vape like my WS turns a tiny amount of pot in a lot of vapor, the same amount in a Mighty needs help to work and no matter how you fill the void it will not be as good as a full bowl in a vape that is designed for said amounts.
I know right, welcome to Herb Hog Heaven ! the mighty is an herb hog beast eating all the herb all the time ... the more the more it eats ...

C No Ego,
Reactions: iammyself

iammyself

So, I ordered another mouthpiece from PuffItUp. I noticed my draw resistance was way higher with it. Turns out the mouthpiece that came with my Mighty was missing the smaller gasket on the inside of the mouthpiece. So I put a replacement on it.

Now I’m wondering if my Mighty’s airway is clogged. I have to suck very hard to get a decent draw now that the mouthpiece is actually air tight. What should I check, and how restricted should I expect the draw to be? I’d read it should be very easy to draw. It was when my mouthpiece was missing a gasket, and I’d left the top lock open. Oops. Now that it actually sealed, the draw is very restricted.

shopdognyc

So, I ordered another mouthpiece from PuffItUp. I noticed my draw resistance was way higher with it. Turns out the mouthpiece that came with my Mighty was missing the smaller gasket on the inside of the mouthpiece. So I put a replacement on it.

Now I’m wondering if my Mighty’s airway is clogged. I have to suck very hard to get a decent draw now that the mouthpiece is actually air tight. What should I check, and how restricted should I expect the draw to be? I’d read it should be very easy to draw. It was when my mouthpiece was missing a gasket, and I’d left the top lock open. Oops. Now that it actually sealed, the draw is very restricted.

Don't recall if you mentioned, but how tight are you packing your bowl? Other vapes don't have as much resistance?

shopdognyc,

iammyself

Don't recall if you mentioned, but how tight are you packing your bowl? Other vapes don't have as much resistance?
I’ve tried a loose pack, and tight pack. I like it a little tighter, but it seems restricted even with a loose pack. My only experience is with the Runt and Fury Edge. The Runt has almost no restriction, and the Fury Edge seemed less restricted. But it’s been a few weeks since I used it, and sold it already. So I can’t go compare again now, just have to go on memory.

iammyself,

shopdognyc

I’ve tried a loose pack, and tight pack. I like it a little tighter, but it seems restricted even with a loose pack. My only experience is with the Runt and Fury Edge. The Runt has almost no restriction, and the Fury Edge seemed less restricted. But it’s been a few weeks since I used it, and sold it already. So I can’t go compare again now, just have to go on memory.

I am so curious and sorry I don't have anything to offer. My draw seems very loose and empty, I don't get that tight feeling.

Have you tried writing to S&B? They are not responding quickly, but at least you can get that question in the queue.

shopdognyc,

Bazinga

I wish I had a solution for you. I can report that our Mightys (we have 2) have negligible draw resistance and provide vapor on first pull. Hope you get the problem resolved quickly.

Bazinga,

iammyself

I’m thinking the air intake must be getting clogged with a small bit of herb. There are some loose bits floating around in my stash box with the Mighty. I’ll have to see if I can find a way to clear that without having to ship it to Germany and pay for a cleaning.

Edit: Or, and this has happened to me when I got the Runt, the actual problem is my current flower. I’m just not real happy with the results of vapor production I’m getting per bowl right now, and am looking for the cause. Poor airflow was the first thing that came to my mind. Now I’m thinking it’s probably the minis I’m vaping right now.

Last edited:

shopdognyc

I’m thinking the air intake must be getting clogged with a small bit of herb. There are some loose bits floating around in my stash box with the Mighty. I’ll have to see if I can find a way to clear that without having to ship it to Germany and pay for a cleaning.

Edit: Or, and this has happened to me when I got the Runt, the actual problem is my current flower. I’m just not real happy with the results of vapor production I’m getting per bowl right now, and am looking for the cause. Poor airflow was the first thing that came to my mind. Now I’m thinking it’s probably the minis I’m vaping right now.

I don't know to comment on the flower, but I've seen that as a given response for people getting little or no vapor.

Have you tried heating the Mighty with no flower and seeing how the draw resistance is?

shopdognyc,

iammyself

I don't know to comment on the flower, but I've seen that as a given response for people getting little or no vapor.

Have you tried heating the Mighty with no flower and seeing how the draw resistance is?
Yeah, but it’s hard to judge. As I’ve been thinking about it, it’s not so much the amount of air but the lack of strong vapor that is making me feel like it’s restricted. Usually, I don’t draw as hard as I can because I’d be coughing a lung out from vapor that’s too strong. I draw slowly until I feel it in my throat, then back off.

With the flower I have now, I can draw as hard as I want and barely feel it in my throat. So I was drawing as much as the Mighty would allow, and still wasn’t feeling it in the throat. So, I think was overthinking the problem after a morning wake-n-bake with a sativa. Unless I’m overthinking what I was thinking this morning. :lol:

C No Ego

Yeah, but it’s hard to judge. As I’ve been thinking about it, it’s not so much the amount of air but the lack of strong vapor that is making me feel like it’s restricted. Usually, I don’t draw as hard as I can because I’d be coughing a lung out from vapor that’s too strong. I draw slowly until I feel it in my throat, then back off.

With the flower I have now, I can draw as hard as I want and barely feel it in my throat. So I was drawing as much as the Mighty would allow, and still wasn’t feeling it in the throat. So, I think was overthinking the problem after a morning wake-n-bake with a sativa. Unless I’m overthinking what I was thinking this morning. :lol:
some flower is wispy and will not vape well ... sativas are that lots of times ... if it hydro weed then expect way less terpene profle in that weed as soil creates the teprens ... people have to add fake flavor to hte resivoirs to make that weed taste like antything then it is still wispy

shopdognyc

As with anything it’s all a process. A light bulb will go up and you will teach us.

shopdognyc,

Ms1092

I don't know if this is the problem you are experiencing but I noticed that when you take apart the mouthpiece there's this tiny hole in the middle where the vapor travels through. While cleaning the inside of gunk I noticed this didn't help the airflow. When I cleaned this small space in the middle (above the screen) it helped alot. Maybe something is in there?
Did you switch out the stock screen in the mouthpiece for a finer one?

Ms1092,
Top Bottom