Upgrading from Fury Edge to Mighty. Anything I need to know?

iammyself

I bought a Mighty on EntExchange today for $230 after setting an IFTTT service to get notified whenever someone posted one for sale. When I got the Fury Edge in May, I wasn’t sure if I’d use it enough to justify paying for a Mighty. I’d only tried one dry herb vape, a Gpen Pro (yuck!), and wasn’t willing to invest more without know if I’d enjoy it.

I almost never touch my 510 carts anymore, always reaching for the Fury Edge or Runt. So I decided it was time to step up to the best. Is there anything specific I should know different coming from a Fury Edge to a Mighty? I know heat-up time is longer, the bowl is bigger, and flavor should taste better. It’s supposed to arrive next Tuesday.

justcametomind

I’d say you downgraded actually ;)
Apart from flavor and bigger bowl (which is a con imho) Fury 2 or Edge are superior to Mighty.
It takes 1 minute (or more?) to get the Mighty ready while F2 or Edge get ready in just a few seconds. But you know that.
The only advice I can think of, if weed consumption is of any concern to you, get capsules out of the oven if you don’t want your herb to get cooked while you don’t hit it. Capsules are the way to go if you like to keep the oven clean. I liked to microdose/poor man’s on demand vaping, placing the bottom part of a capsule in the oven, take the Mighty to max temperature and load the cap with just a pinch of weed. Then put back the CU without the top of the capsule, to be able to reload it without waiting for it to cool down. Then I bought a Fury 2 and the Mighty sits untouched ever since.

iammyself

@justcametomind I’m definitely NOT a microdoser. I’ve been getting into macrodosing lately :lol:. My number one complaint with the Fury Edge is the small bowl size. I always finish the bowl completely, never a second sesh later on. And I got a Sticky Brick Runt for when I want a quick sesh. So the Fury Edge’s main purpose is for flavor. May as well be the best flavor then, and use a Mighty.

Bazinga

For me, the Mighty has much less draw resistance than the Fury. Additionally, I would have to vape at least 2 ovens of the Fury to experience the same effects as provided with one from the Mighty. I use the dosing capsules.

justcametomind

Double click on the power button on last version of Mighties will take it to a pre set temperature. That’s something you should know.

justcametomind,
Reactions: iammyself

iammyself

Should have got a Plenty or Volcano...the Mighty is the only vape I have ever sold. :2c:
I hate the look of the plenty. I had considered it, but no function in the world could overcome the form for me there. I like basic, minimalist design. I’d love a volcano, but have nowhere I can put a desktop. At least if I end up wanting something else, it’ll be easy to resell. They sell like hot cakes on Reddit.

shopdognyc

The heatup time is not instant, but I usually just keep it next to me while I do something else. You get haptic feedback so you know when its ready. No experience with the Fury Edge, though there are a lot of positive feedback for that. I think you will enjoy. The dosing capsules are convenient and not too difficult to prepare in advance. Some have added a whip pair with glass. There are WPA for this but it seems to advise against in case the plastic breaks or cracks.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
@justcametomind I’m definitely NOT a microdoser. I’ve been getting into macrodosing lately :lol:. My number one complaint with the Fury Edge is the small bowl size. I always finish the bowl completely, never a second sesh later on. And I got a Sticky Brick Runt for when I want a quick sesh. So the Fury Edge’s main purpose is for flavor. May as well be the best flavor then, and use a Mighty.
A conduction vape like the Mighty with an aluminum chamber and a plastic vapor path will never win any awards for flavor either.

You got a low price for yours so it'll be easy to sell whenever you decide to upgrade or replace it. There are loads of inexperienced dry herb vape users still under the misconception that the Mighty is the best, largely from Troy's YouTube reviews and the legacy hype since it's been around forever.

You'll like the big chamber but might not like how inefficient it is. In 2020 the Mighty is analogous to those big button phones they advertise for elderly people living in assisted living: it's easy to use and it produces dense vapor at lower, more comfortable temps than other old session vapes of its era like the Solo II. The Mighty also has excellent draw resistance.

Of the vapes you listed in your current collection the Runt should be the flavor king. I'd recommend a Tinymight or a large surface area box mod vape like a Tetra P80 or a Splinter Z if you want an 18650 portable with top tier flavor. If you like your Runt you might try an og Brick at some point too. Great flavor, lovely ritual, and a super heavy hitter with a bigger bowl than the Mighty.

scy123

Trusted Member Don't Worry
Don't know how the Fury Edge vapes, but I have a crafty + which is similar to the mighty. I don't really like the vapor production, it's really "mellow".

I do find it has great uses though. More of a relaxed vape I can just turn on and take a few small puffs here and there.

I do agree it's overrated though.

iammyself

@shopdognyc the bundle did come with a wpa. I’ll be careful when using it, thanks for the warning. @bossman I was under the apparently incorrect newb impression I was going for the still-to-be-defeated king of portable battery vapes. The Runt definitely produces amazing flavor. Almost too much all at once. I can’t savor it, it’s just an explosion of flavor. Maybe I’ll end up selling the Mighty and getting the TinyMight. It’s caught my eye as well. :shrug:

shopdognyc

@shopdognyc the bundle did come with a wpa. I’ll be careful when using it, thanks for the warning. @bossman I was under the apparently incorrect newb impression I was going for the still-to-be-defeated king of portable battery vapes. The Runt definitely produces amazing flavor. Almost too much all at once. I can’t savor it, it’s just an explosion of flavor. Maybe I’ll end up selling the Mighty and getting the TinyMight. It’s caught my eye as well. :shrug:

I just got a Runt and learning. I am finding slower draw helps a bit but I'm not succeeding with the explosion yet. With all of my devices I been experimenting with draw speed to get the bigger clouds and flavor. For my Dynavap, I need to cycle immediately to my second and third draw to caress my clouds to come out strong.

You have the Mighty coming so you will see whether you like or not. I personally appreciate much, but I do cycle through all of the gear I have now.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I can relate: my og Brick has incredible flavor but I can't resist taking giant hits because it's so easy and fun to extract rapidly with the restrictor disk installed.

This actually leads me to another criticism of the Mighty but one that can be leveled at all session vapes: their puny heaters are too fucking slow. One could definitely fully extract .3g in an og Brick in two or three big smooth hits whereas the same amount would take eight to ten hits in the Mighty which of course amounts to more throat irritation.

It's a free-roll for you though. You could post your Mighty on the classifieds here or r/entExchange and sell it in half an hour for the price you paid. And that'll be true a year from now so you can see how it stacks up with no risk or buyers remorse to worry about.

shopdognyc

I'm quite the junior compared to most people's experiences here. When I am in a quick mode, I load my Dynavap and into the IH. I pair with my bubbler and on the 2nd and 3rd draw I'm good. I carry my Crafty+ to work to get an easy draw with coffee at a lower temperature. I will boost it when I get home and then I transfer to my Mighty to finish off at 210. I can reprogram my Crafty+, but I'm working it well this way. When I grab my Mighty, I'm chilling and in no rush. The buzz reminds me its ready to go and I finish off my day with it.

My Sticky Bricks are my fascination but not getting that bang everyone talks about. More practice here.

iammyself

I can relate: my og Brick has incredible flavor but I can't resist taking giant hits because it's so easy and fun to extract rapidly with the restrictor disk installed.

This actually leads me to another criticism of the Mighty but one that can be leveled at all session vapes: their puny heaters are too fucking slow. One could definitely fully extract .3g in an og Brick in two or three big smooth hits whereas the same amount would take eight to ten hits in the Mighty which of course amounts to more throat irritation.

It's a free-roll for you though. You could post your Mighty on the classifieds here or r/entExchange and sell it in half an hour for the price you paid. And that'll be true a year from now so you can see how it stacks up with no risk or buyers remorse to worry about.
Man I love this community. I just had an amazing sesh with the Runt full of many, many flavorful hits. Your comment got me thinking that just because I CAN kill all the flavor in the first few hits doesn’t mean I have to. I adjusted my technique, pulling the torch further away from the intake and taking longer, slower draws. This resulted in a much more even bowl that easily gave me 10 massive, flavor filled, delicious hits. I put a fruity mix of gorilla grapes and Dutch Hawaiian in it, and had the most delicious vapor of my (admittedly short) vape life.

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
My Mighty has much less draw resistance than my F2 and much larger bowls. Big hits, simple to use, durable, my Mighty fits my needs very well. Don't believe the haters, the Mighty is a great vape and has been for years. There is no perfect solution to everyone's needs.

justcametomind

My Mighty has much less draw resistance than my F2 and much larger bowls. Big hits, simple to use, durable, my Mighty fits my needs very well. Don't believe the haters, the Mighty is a great vape and has been for years. There is no perfect solution to everyone's needs.
I hope that an on demand Crafty++, or an on demand Mighty+ will be on SB plans soon, or even better some brand-new concept vape.
If something like an S&B on demand portable would have been on the market, I would have easily saved the hassle of ordering a Tm from an unknown guy, late with shipping and with a one month long waiting line, with no Bluetooth or smartwatch app :D

Last edited:

shopdognyc

I hope that an on demand Crafty++, or an on demand Mighty+ will be on SB plans soon, or even better some brand-new concept vape.
If something like an S&B on demand portable would have been on the market, I would have easily saved the hassle of ordering a Tm from an unknown guy, late with shipping and with a one month long waiting line, with no Bluetooth or smartwatch app :D
For what it’s worth, lot of rave reviews but I’m in the same boat. Rather order somewhere can count on.

iammyself

The Mighty came today, a day early. I just put two bowls through it. I’m not overwhelmed by it. There’s some things I like over the Fury Edge, but the vapor flavor alone wasn’t a vast improvement.

Pros

1) Vapor is a bit more robust and airy with the low resistance to the draw.

2) Vapor from the Mighty mouthpiece is noticeably cooler and smoother than the Fury Edge with the 3D flow stem.

3) It can finish a larger bowl more quickly than the Edge. I do love the larger bowl side, and it’s much easier to load and unload.

4) I did open it periodically to stir, but it doesn’t seem like I have to. It was always very even throughout, so that’s nice to not have to stir.

Now do those improvements alone make it worth selling the Fury Edge to keep the Mighty? I don’t know. I’ll have to do some more testing and decide. Maybe, maybe not. It’s not a massive improvement, but I do think it’s better overall for sure.

Last edited:

shopdognyc

The Mighty came today, a day early. I just put two bowls through it. I’m not overwhelmed by it. There’s some things I like over the Fury Edge, but the vapor flavor alone wasn’t a vast improvement.

Pros

1) Vapor is a bit more robust and airy with the low resistance to the draw.

2) Vapor from the Mighty mouthpiece is noticeably cooler and smoother than the Fury Edge with the 3D flow stem.

3) It can finish a larger bowl more quickly than the Edge. I do love the larger bowl side, and it’s much easier to load and unload.

4) I did open it periodically to stir, but it doesn’t seem like I have to. It was always very even throughout, so that’s nice to not have to stir.

Now do those improvements alone make it worth selling the Fury Edge to keep the Mighty? I don’t know. I’ll have to do some more testing and decide. Maybe, maybe not. It’s not a massive improvement, but I do think it’s better overall for sure.

Your experience may go more than mine but my nuance is to draw slower, at least that seems to be the more successful pattern for me. I started out taking strong long draws but I noticed the temperature drop. I try and draw to not change the temperature too much.

you may know this but just In case you didn’t. I have both a crafty and mighty. I have my crafty set at 160 and boosts 180. Mighty is at 210.

i don’t own a fury edge to compare but pretty content here. My daily though is the Dynavap for now. Looking to get the Stick Brick some practice too.

shopdognyc,
Reactions: iammyself
Top Bottom