Underdog Log Vapes

SirElton

599285_4252502557989_1878120433_n.jpg

557170_4252504238031_1838921244_n.jpg

3092_4252506078077_88845494_n.jpg

563992_4252507158104_1180713857_n.jpg

togepi258

All right. I've been having some trouble here.

While testing out the unit last night, I was having trouble getting hits.

First, I couldn't get any vapor at all, so I kept letting it heat up. I kept having this issue for about 30 more minutes. I decided to load even less than I already was, and managed to get a small hit. I was having to reload each time to get this same cloud.

I then attempted something I saw in a video years ago. The guy was loading an old Vapor Bros box by sucking up the herb using the hose. I did this, and got a HUGE cloud. I felt so happy! I finally got it working. Got very well medicated, and was able to replicate this two more times.

Now, here's where this gets funky. This morning, I plugged it in and let it heat for 15 minutes. I attempted the same thing, and only got a small cloud. I tried it again, and got the same behavior. I've tried 6 more bowls since then, and haven't been able to get anything at all, except maybe a tiny puff.

I'm....at a weird area right now.

togepi258,

jackmormon

togepi,

Bet ya it is your heat up time. While my twig WILL produce light vapor after 15 minutes of heat up, it really needs 45-60 minutes to be at FULL vape potential in my opinion. My larger Dog takes an hour for full potential also. This is why leaving them on 24/7 will give you the best experience.

Nowadays I use a high quality VVPS and leave a Dog running at 10V 24/7 and 10-15 minutes before use I crank it to 12.9 on the Ash Dog and 13.2 on the Bocote Twig to get full vape potential.

Good luck...once you figure out the sweet spot you will be rocking. The experimenting is half the fun!

jackmormon,

togepi258

Thanks for the quick response! That definitely makes a lot of sense. I'll just leave it heating up for another 20-30 minutes. It's only been about 35.

Unfortunately, I cannot leave it plugged in 24/7. I can do my best to keep it plugged in most of the time. But, I will have to unplug it to unplug it to move it between my car, my office, and my house. (My ThermoVape stopped working recently, so this is also my temporary "portable" vap)

I guess my question is, does it cool down REALLY fast? Would 2 minutes in between me walking from my office to my car cool it down so much that I would have to wait a long time for it to heat up again?

Long time = More than 15 minutes.

togepi258,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Naah, it takes a while before it cools down completely, just like warming up. You may need to warm it up like 5 minutes or so after a short cool down period.

I've let mine heat up rolled in towels inside my back back this winter to take it to my buddies house on the other side of town (10 to 15 minutes bicycle ride), and it only took around ten to 15 minutes before it was fully up to temp (this was an older model with a longer heat up time)

Have you tried moving your screen closer to the heater port? That's another good way to get some more heat in your bowl.

Pics are working fine now Sir E. :tup:

OhTheAgony,

togepi258

I still keep getting very mixed results. Sometimes I'll get an awesome cloud, sometimes I can't get anything. I've had it plugged in all day.

When it works, it's incredible. When it doesn't, it's frustrating. Maybe I'm doing it different every time.I don't know. I hate to say this, but maybe I should have gone with the HerbalAire :\

No offense, UD. It's a great product. And I'll definitely keep trying to not be such a noob about it. I'll keep you guys updated.

togepi258,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Hey Togepi, maybe there's an intermittent problem with the power supply. Do you have a different one you can try, anything from 12-13v should work for testing purposes as long as the plug fits.. no polarity or anything to worry about.

We'll get you squared away one way or another.. :nod:

togepi258

Thanks for the tip, UD. I'll try that now. I'll edit this post once I get some results.

EDIT 1: I found a power supply! Plugged it in, going to give it some time. One question, it's happened twice that a small piece of herb has fallen between the holes in the outer ring. Both times, I've heard a slight crackle, is this normal?

EDIT 2: Welp, still no luck. I haven't even able to get any vapor now. It definitely seems hot enough. (I burnt the palm of my hand lol) Am I just an idiot? I could never get the old whip vaps to work. But, I got the ThermoVape and Extreme Q to hit pretty well.

togepi258,

underdog

Manufacturer
Ok, I'm guessing the power supply you're trying just isn't enough voltage if it's a 12v one.. the "12v" UD one actually feeds the Dog 13.25v to 13.75v so that probably explains that. It's hard to feel the difference as both will readily burn you. Since you've been able to get some clouds I'm thinking maybe the stock power supply or plug is questionable and causing an intermittent problem.. sorry for the difficulties, normally it's a 'plug n play' type device with no real need to fiddle around.

As far as the crackling goes yeah that's normal, pretty much all the herbs I've tried do that when exposed to heat, you should be able to easily blow out any debris that falls inside so no worries there.

If you want you can shoot me an email and we'll figure out how to get you taken care of.. email or private message me and we'll get on it.

underdog,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
Hot UD but no vapor produced at all? thats a bit odd. How do you pack your stems? Do you suck up the herb through the stem? How far away is the herb from the heat port after your put the stem in? I only leave maybe just about 0.5cm between the herb and the heat port to get nice big clouds and cash the stem in 2-3 hits.

edit: didn't see Dave's answer til after i typed mine. go with his advice :tup:

HighlyEducatedScholar,

okikir

Hi folks!

I finally tried some hash+abv in my dog.

:ko:, and :ko:

Well it worked soooo well, I think my 13v power supply was of great help on this session
Besides being absolutely beautiful and powerful, the ud also offers the possibility to use hash with considerable ease, I love it :ko:

PS: this was the 1st time I vape hash ... I think I'll have to look for a portable vape dedicated to this sweet part of mj now, if you guys have any hint, please let me know :)

Have a nice sunday, pack!

underdog

Manufacturer
Haha guess I won the race to the answer there HES.. lol. Last I heard it looks like Togepi was able to get some appropriate UD clouds with a different power supply so maybe that was the problem.

Hi okikir, nice to see you around again! Glad to hear you discovered the fun that can be hash/abv with your Pup. :cool:

underdog,

togepi258

Hey guys. I had an awesome weekend, thanks to my UD :p

Incredible product, my power supply WAS the problem. I plugged in a 14V, and it worked incredibly. Mad clouds with a very small amount. Even though I haven't used it yet, I suspect the only product that will be able to compete with this quality is the Cloud, and that's over $200 more.

UD is incredible with Customer Service and was very prompt with all my questions. I have been recommending this awesome vap to all my friends. Worth every penny. Thanks UD.

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
glad you were able to get the problem fixed and now enjoying your dog! isn't living life in the UD dog-pound great?

btw, tomorrow i finally get my physical/drug screening after taking two weeks off. pretty confident that i will pass and excited to be able to use my UD again. i actually made plans for the day to visit my one of my roommates from college last year with one of my friends and bringing my dog along for the ride :D i want my first hit back from my T-break from my UD and nothing else. should be a fun time tomorrow fogging it up with my buddies.

HighlyEducatedScholar,
Reactions: underdogette

underdog

Manufacturer
Awesome Togepi really glad you were able to get things straightened out and start making UD clouds. Always glad to help and make sure you all get the best experience possible!

Good news about being able to take your screening test HES.. hope you pass and can starting walking the Dog again. ;)

Hey, does anyone know if a Zapbubbler will work with an UD.. how would the two mate up?

underdog,

SD_haze

Awesome Togepi really glad you were able to get things straightened out and start making UD clouds. Always glad to help and make sure you all get the best experience possible!

Good news about being able to take your screening test HES.. hope you pass and can starting walking the Dog again. ;)

Hey, does anyone know if a Zapbubbler will work with an UD.. how would the two mate up?
I think the thin walled tubing would work as well as a zap stem, since the bottom joint is a standard 14mm.

(Whereas the VapeXhale Hydratube is 18mm)

SD_haze,

Adobewan

Hey guys. I had an awesome weekend, thanks to my UD :p
UD is incredible with Customer Service and was very prompt with all my questions. I have been recommending this awesome vap to all my friends. Worth every penny. Thanks UD.

Join the converted Togepi. Not only does the UD consistently deliver as large(or small) a cloud as one would like, Dave is as solid as they come. Like G at THC Sci, Dave exhibits much more of an inventor/artist's mindset about customer service than a bean-counting capitalist. He's driven to see all of us squeeze as much joy out of these beautiful babies as possible and he goes out of his way to do so(see some of my previous posts for Dave's super customer service.)
Always glad for Dave when another dog finds a happy home!
Good luck with it!

underdog

Manufacturer
I see people say "no" a lot but I've done it on occasion and it's been just fine. :2c:

underdog,

underdog

Manufacturer
Thanks guys glad you all appreciate my work and feel like I take good care of you.. it might sound cheesy but that's really a great reward in and of itself for me. :tup:

@ SD - thanks, so you're saying I could probably use the Zapbubbler with an UD by using the thin-wall silicone to mate them together?

@ Adobewan - thanks dude! :rockon:

SD_haze

Thanks guys glad you all appreciate my work and feel like I take good care of you.. it might sound cheesy but that's really a great reward in and of itself for me. :tup:

@ SD - thanks, so you're saying I could probably use the Zapbubbler with an UD by using the thin-wall silicone to mate them together?

Fairly certain, as long as the stem isn't too short.

I would've thought there'd be at least one UD owner with a zapbubler by now, who could confirm, but not sure there is yet.

SD_haze,

upperlevel

I am soon to receive my UD white ash twig!
I am up in Canada, so shipping takes a little while, but I am sure it will be worth it.
New to vaporizing, but I'm sure I'll love it.

Ordering my UD was nothing but a joy, Dave knows what he's doing as far as customer service. There was a snag on my end and he was very accommodating.

I made sure to do my research before ordering a vaporizer and it appears to me so far that I have made the best choice for myself!

I will post an update after I get my first puff in!

Thanks guys glad you all appreciate my work and feel like I take good care of you.. it might sound cheesy but that's really a great reward in and of itself for me.

Your work is definitely appreciated Dave, getting a UD enabled me to finally stop smoking after years of trying! My only complaint is that I cannot yet purchase those awesome new products that are currently being developed.

I would've thought there'd be at least one UD owner with a zapbubler by now, who could confirm, but not sure there is yet.

I would've been that person, but from what I can see they don't ship the zapbubblers internationally :mad: For now I'm using a 100ml EHLE but am considering picking up something like this when I have the funds available.

I am soon to receive my UD white ash twig!
Welcome to the kennel upperlevel, you won't be disappointed!

SD_haze

Has anyone used either the thin or thick silicone tubing attached over a male 14mm joint? I don't have a direct inject piece, but I do have a 14mm male glass adapter, and it seems to fit over fairly easy, making a 100% seal.

With the rise in popularity of direct inject pieces, definitely a plus.

I don't like the idea of stressing an actual direct inject piece trying to slip the stem on and off all the time though... maybe training the silicone on a 14mm male adapter until its a little extra loose would be a good idea.

Bob Loblaw's $75 direct inject inline bubbler comes to mind ;)

SD_haze,
Top Bottom