Underdog Log Vapes

djonkoman

what you can see in my videos is the glass stem with a piece of the thin siicone(comes as bowl of the glass stem) to create a better seal, and thick silicone for the bowl. but just the glass stem works too, at least in my case(ehle 250 ml with diffused downstem). the silicome stems also work if you work the end a bit with a knife

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Just to add to above tips, I'd recommend a piece with a 14mm GonG connection instead of 18mm simply because it'll mate with more vaporizers without the need for an adapter. The way Djonko describes above how you can pair them also involves a 14mm piece. The adapter SM mentioned also comes in 14mm instead of 18mm btw.

OhTheAgony,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Good point about the 14mm... I just made a decision when scientific glass first came out to only buy 18mm pieces. I prefer the extra diameter for improved airflow.

Slightly Medicated,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I've never felt a need for more airflow than my 14mm piece provides, but I also have never tried a 18mm piece as well so I really have no comparison.

It won't be long now though, I'll get back to you on that one in a week or two :tup:

OhTheAgony,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I've never felt a need for more airflow than my 14mm piece provides, but I also have never tried a 18mm piece as well so I really have no comparison.

It won't be long now though, I'll get back to you on that one in a week or two :tup:

Also it is an old preference from my smoking days. When you smoke the extra 2mm is valuable space. It gives you better airflow longer. Resin builds up against the walls as you smoke and slowly chokes their airflow off. The 14mm gets clogged with resin much quicker.

I did not like cleaning my water pipe much, so I went with the larger diameter so I could go longer between cleanings. I don't like to clean pieces because I feel like that is the most dangerous period for your glass. Most of the time when I break a piece it is while I am cleaning it. So I try to minimize the amount of cleaning I have to do.

I look forward to hearing what you think about 18mm.

Slightly Medicated,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Personally I went 18 over 14mm because there was room for more tree percs :p Plus bigger is better :lol:

Hitting the jester this morning through the 18mm piece is quite nice. Until a new adapter shows up its my only vape that works in the bubbler and boy does it milk it at 12.5v.

The extreme q glass elbow GONG adapter for like $7 was the best investment ever. Silicone might work to create a seal, but the gong adapter is the icing on the cake.

darkrom,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
The extreme q glass elbow GONG adapter for like $7 was the best investment ever. Silicone might work to create a seal, but the gong adapter is the icing on the cake.

I know I did not even buy mine. I was about to buy an adapter then someone suggested purchasing one from Arizer... I realized I had an Extreme Q sitting unused... so I went and grab the elbow adapter. I use it so often... It comes in handy with any log vape, Plenty, viVape, and many more vaporizers. Everyone should just purchase one... right now! GO!

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: underdog

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Thanks JRR, glad you could give it a good home!

How's everything going in Wychwood land?

underdog,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I finally gave in to my curiosity and got me some of those adapters too last month (a 18mm and a 14mm version). I liked the seal it made with my bong, but after some thorough testing it ended up in my draw nevertheless. I got the straight version btw, the angeled versions like the ones from Arizer seem a bit clumsy to use to me, and I like to be able to balance my vaporizer on the end of my waterpipe without having to hold it, which is out of the question with the angled ones I believe.

What I don't like about them is how they restrict the airflow. This results in slightly less uneven roasted bowls and judging be the ABV color also slightly lower temps in the bowl. It also requires me to use a longer piece of silicon thus costing more tubing & making it less convenient to use (at least for me). That's mostly why I came up with that modified glass stem a few pages back. I might still attempt to modify the adapter so I'll like it more though, but all in good time, I got to many other toys to fool around with atm.

On another note; welcome to the Doghouse J.R.R!

Pics?

OhTheAgony,

onaeun

I got my cherry UD yesterday and just took my first hits from the pup. Wake and bake! & All I've got to say is wow. I knew there had to be a reason why these things were so popular. Aesthetically pleasing, nice to the touch, and delivers potent clouds. 10/10 thanks Dave

SD_haze

I finally gave in to my curiosity and got me some of those adapters too last month (a 18mm and a 14mm version). I liked the seal it made with my bong, but after some thorough testing it ended up in my draw nevertheless. I got the straight version btw, the angeled versions like the ones from Arizer seem a bit clumsy to use to me, and I like to be able to balance my vaporizer on the end of my waterpipe without having to hold it, which is out of the question with the angled ones I believe.

What I don't like about them is how they restrict the airflow. This results in slightly less uneven roasted bowls and judging be the ABV color also slightly lower temps in the bowl. It also requires me to use a longer piece of silicon thus costing more tubing & making it less convenient to use (at least for me). That's mostly why I came up with that modified glass stem a few pages back. I might still attempt to modify the adapter so I'll like it more though, but all in good time, I got to many other toys to fool around with atm.

On another note; welcome to the Doghouse J.R.R!

Pics?
Gotta agree with the adapters. My 14mm adapter I got on PuffItUp rarely gets used because of how it restricts the airflow, arguably one of the best features of the UD in the first place.

Once it gets coated with vapor resin though, I can push it into a thick-walled silicone stem and it actually stays permanently attached (like some kind of natural vapor glue :lol:)
So I just have one stem that it stays on, so that still gets used now and again.

Mine: (Only like $13 + free shipping from PIU)
HBV14mmAdapter-2.jpg

SD_haze,

SirElton

I just received my replacement Underdog! My old dog's core got loose and Dave offered to give me a full replacement complete with the new insulated core. The new vape is a twig because the other one is much too big in diameter, but a good length for me. This twig is the ideal size and she's very pretty to boot. Here are some new pics for yall.

612480706.jpg

612482976-a4b2378c5f0efa891840ec4f7374cf9e.4ff743c0-scaled.jpg

612484079-4c1a9ee398209078fe22bcc614d5f835.4ff74ac8-scaled.jpg

612484429-aad88bce9ad33041fe1f38fb39a1e3ba.4ff74ac8-scaled.jpg

Dave was even kind enough to give me a prototype wood/glass stem as well.
612484965-68eb7b80828d56e00ce4dd110c68bd05.4ff74ac8-scaled.jpg

Dave and Underdog went above and beyond for me. This is the 2nd time I've come across a problem with a dog and the 2nd time UD replaced it free-of-charge. He even threw in a couple silicon stems and plenty of screens. I would post a video of the new twig in action, but sadly I have no herb and zero hope of getting any. :( This dog will have to stay in its house for now.

Dave and Underdog make supreme log vapes and they have the customer service to match.

togepi258

My UD just arrived! Even though I specifically told USPS to bring it to my office, and Underdog put a big sticker on the box, they STILL left it in our company mailbox. Bunch of idiots.

Anyway, I haven't tried it out yet, but I have it warming up right now!

Quick question, does it really need to heat up for 30 minutes? If so, I assume this will be every time? Not too much of an issue, just means I have to keep it plugged in, before I go to my car to use it. Is there any way to tell if it's ready? Thanks dudes.

I'll let ya guys know what I think, once I hit it!

togepi258,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Hey Togepi glad your Pup arrived safe and sound.. funny re: the USPS they couldn't have missed the sticker I put on there so I guess they just didn't feel like bringing it to the office lol. :shrug:

As far as heat up times goes it probably won't take 30 minutes, it could be as low as 10 I just like to be extra conservative on what I put down on the sheet. Not sure fire way of finding out if it's hot enough other than trying to vape though with experience you can blow on to the core (without a stem in the way) with your face up close and get a good idea of the temp based on how hot the air 'bouncing off' and hitting you in the lips is.

Let us know what you think once you take her for a walk. There isn't any learning curve or special technique required or anything so if you don't get clouds it's not hot enough and try again in 5 minutes until you do. :spliff:

underdog,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Congrats guys :party:

You can probably give it a go after ten minutes or so, it'll produce denser vapor the longer it's on. Up to a certain extend of course. There's no real indication when it's on optimal temperature but you'll get to know it over time, just give it a try.

Enjoy :tup:

OhTheAgony,

togepi258

Thanks for the quick response guys!

UD, you're probably right. She probably just didn't feel like bringing it up to the office. Unless she missed the giant sticker, circled in Blue highlighter! Either way, I put in a complaint to USPS. This is the fifth time they have done this. One time, it was with prescription medicine, DURING THE SUMMER TIME!

Thanks for the tip on the heat up time. 15 minutes seems like a good amount of time, I think it's at that point now. Just need my boss to leave so I can use it in my office haha. I'll keep you guys updated!

togepi258,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
The last 3 worked for me earlier Sir E. (nice wooden stem btw), but now non of them seem to work :shrug:

OhTheAgony,

djonkoman

for me none of them works.
and I think I know a solution to your problem of not being able to use it yet, just send it over here and I will test it for you:dog:

togepi258

First impressions:

Not sure how much I loaded, but it was VERY little. Probably like half of what I put in my Thermovape, maybe less. When I smoked, I used to take a whole bowl in one big hit, and that was it. That was the only way I could get properly medicated. This is why the Volcano was a good initiation for me. I currently still have a very high tolerance, but vaporizing has helped me a lot. I have a point, I swear.

Now, I took one hit, but stopped because my lips were getting too hot. I blew it out, and got a decent sized cloud. I attempted to hit it again, but I think I got all of it in that first hit (at least any visible vapor). I walked out of my office to go talk to someone, and within five minutes, I had a slight buzz. Still at that slight buzz.

---------------------------------------------------------------

So, while I was typing the above comments, someone called me to their office. We had a conversation for about 30 minutes, and I'm still slightly buzzed. That's a good thing.

Now, I practiced inhaling through the silicon, without herb loaded. This way, I could figure out how not to burn my lips. I simply just wrapped my lips around it, and that worked just fine. My true tests begin now. I'll probably report back in about 30 minutes, after some proper judgement. I'm going to load more than I did the first time, and inhale for as long as I can.

togepi258,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Try stirring in between loads if you haven't already, you may need to experiment with load size and screen placement a bit too. I find 0,08 to 0,1 gram perfect for the regular silicon stems myself.

OhTheAgony,
Top Bottom