Underdog Log Vapes

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
@Gandalf, the UD is a hell of beast all right. glad you now know its potential. if i want to try to take a hit here and there throughout the night, i find that the glass stem is really good for that. with the glass stem i can take nice little sips and not too big of clouds while also being able to save the partially cashed stem later by putting the cork on the end. really great idea with that cork there Dave, it comes in so handy for me.

ahhh i remember my first hit out of my UD just a few months ago. one hit, huge cloud, stoned for a solid two hours. good day lol. do you guys remember your first hit out of a UD?

day 2 of my forced T-break. not too bad. no big cravings or nothing really. however, last night when i went to bed it felt a bit weird just because i had been using MJ for about a year and a half every night and it was the first night in a while without it to help go to sleep. oh well, just gotta suck it up to get clean. i still have my UD next to my laptop cause it'd just feel weird without him there with me :rolleyes:

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Ah, yeah, that first UD hit.. that might make for some fun stories if people share. :brow:

The glass stems are great for 'sipping' HES, glad you like them and the cork too.. that was a result of my spilling too many stems when carrying them around and was like 'dammit what can I use to cork this thing.. oh wait, duh!" lol

Also, if you like a piece for smaller, easier to control but still the potential for big doses now and then I think you'll like it when the 1/4" core revision is done. I think there are a few people on FC that have them and they can probably chime in on how well they work but I think they're pretty awesome if I do say so myself. :rockon:

underdog,

jackmormon

Cute new puppy in the house :tup:

6pt06r.jpg

ogr3s.jpg

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Also, if you like a piece for smaller, easier to control but still the potential for big doses now and then I think you'll like it when the 1/4" core revision is done. I think there are a few people on FC that have them and they can probably chime in on how well they work but I think they're pretty awesome if I do say so myself. :rockon:

So the 1/4 core revision is the smaller core that you were using on the twigs correct?

Edit: Jack that looks great. I can just smell the walnut oil now. I absolutely love the smell of a new Underdog. I hope the device treats you well.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
This is a strange post, but indulge me....

My boss just called me and insisted that I make this post. I lent him my UD a while ago and he has yet to return it. So when I picked up one of Dave's new stems, I gave it to him (for now) to try it out. Well, he knows that I post on FC and just skyped me and demanded that I let everyone know that Dave's wooden stems are "the shit" and that the taste was "fucking awesome" and that it even mated nicely with his bubbler.

There....I'm done working for the night. I hope to corraborate my bosses' claims with my own testing someday. Someday.

:peace:

edit because I know he'll read this: Blowing out a spent bowl is much easier than with the silicone stem as the screen is seated so there is no fear of blowing it out.

Now I'm done. Clocking out.

Last edited by a moderator:

underdogette

one in a billion
Company Rep
This is a strange post, but indulge me....

My boss just called me and insisted that I make this post. I lent him my UD a while ago and he has yet to return it. So when I picked up one of Dave's new stems, I gave it to him (for now) to try it out. Well, he knows that I post on FC and just skyped me and demanded that I let everyone know that Dave's wooden stems are "the shit" and that the taste was "fucking awesome" and that it even mated nicely with his bubbler.

There....I'm done working for the night. I hope to corraborate my bosses' claims with my own testing someday. Someday.

Lol! Well, it wouldn't be the first time an UD's been commandeered! Hope you get your pup back soon!

underdogette,

underdog

Manufacturer
Haha, thanks for the message Stu.. not sure I've heard of BOSS commandeering an UD until now, that's pretty funny. :lol: Maybe you should use your inside UD leverage to your benefit since your boss sounds hooked?

Here, I'll help.. tell your boss that I said I'll give him 25% off a custom UD/wooden stem combo if he'll give you a paid day off to enjoy your own UD once you get it back. It's a win-win-win right? :p

@ SM - yeah the 1/4" core is what I used in the first-gen Twigs with the bottom mount inline plug. I think a couple people around here might have one, pretty sure stroh does. I'm working on revising it for 24/7 use and better air flow but the priority is on an XL dosing solution first.

Taking off for the night soon, later y'all. :peace:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Haha, thanks for the message Stu.. not sure I've heard of BOSS commandeering an UD until now, that's pretty funny. :lol: Maybe you should use your inside UD leverage to your benefit since your boss sounds hooked?

Here, I'll help.. tell your boss that I said I'll give him 25% off a custom UD/wooden stem combo if he'll give you a paid day off to enjoy your own UD once you get it back. It's a win-win-win right? :p
That's generous, Dave. Thanks.

I don't know if he'll go for the 2nd part, though. The first part might intrigue him, so I'll start with that and let you know.

Stu,

djonkoman

since my vvps+ bong I've realized the reat cloudpotential of the dog too, the incidence of me falling asleep while watching tv at night and then waking up at 7-8 in my chair have greatly increased
I also like that I can now blow a feq quick clouds before leaving to a friend or the bar more easily, before it always took me long, perfect for relaxed watching tv and slowly sipping but for a quick vape before leaving it took a bit too long. now I can quickly get some huge clouds, making the bikeride more fun and making me be less late

djonkoman,

djonkoman

I've been practicing with making a video for a bit, not yet a result worth showing but expect a video from me in a while. I have found I can use my webcam by using windows movie maker. the only thing is that my webcam seems to be not displaying vapor very well, but I did get visible vapor on cam one time.

now just hope I can figure youtube out, I do have an account but never uploaded anything. also sometimes I see videos getting removed for the copyrights on music played under it, anyone know where you can find out wich songs/artists are allowed? I have one song in mind that's a vape-favorite of mine

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Once you upload a vid, it will tell you if it's picked up the music, and if its banned in any countries.
It gives you the option to swap out the audio for a free track as well :)

I've only had 1 vid blocked in the US, for using a slash song:lol:, so I swapped it out for something they offered.
(strangely enough, pretty much every vid of mine has been blocked in Germany for the music:shrug:)

Frederick McGuire,

djonkoman

yes I read about the germanything when I googled it, apparently youtube has a dispute with some kind of ad-agency in germany, and they are able to allow the music by placing an ad for the music in the vid. so they can't place ads in germany, and so not allow the music. at least that's how I understood it. the song of my choice may be a gamble, my googlesearch also yielded that apparently songs from artists belonging to the warner music group are more problematic, and the song I have in mind is holy diver from dio, and dio appears in a wikipedialist of artists belonging to WMG.

djonkoman,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
If you don't mind paying I found a good source for music you can use in your videos. http://www.melodyloops.com/

I decided even though they are expensive, I will be using them because I don't want to worry about copyright issues. There are lots of good music loops to pick from. I also like that they loop. Means I can use them for any length video.

Slightly Medicated,

djonkoman

nice solution, but that's a bit too musical for me, I'm not interested in making music. just want a song to add as backgroundmusic, from my preferred genre of metal.
never been interested in making any kind of music or playing an instrument, I just want to listen it(sometimes)

djonkoman,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
nice solution, but that's a bit too musical for me, I'm not interested in making music. just want a song to add as backgroundmusic, from my preferred genre of metal.
never been interested in making any kind of music or playing an instrument, I just want to listen it(sometimes)

You don't make loops on that site... you just search for music and purchase it.

Slightly Medicated,

djonkoman

o, but I also don't want to pay for that backgroundmusic, than I'd rater go without. I'm still a dutchman :p

my webcam and I have a little dispute it seems, just took a nice bonghit, and blew out a big cloud of vapor in front of the cam, but on the video just a little whisp of vapor...
maybe I'll have to try with a light pointed on it, or a flashlight

edit: nope, light doesn't work :( this webcam is just unsuitable to film vapor, it's like there's some automatic filter to remove mist or so, to make the picture clearer

djonkoman,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
o, but I also don't want to pay for that backgroundmusic, than I'd rater go without. I'm still a dutchman :p

my webcam and I have a little dispute it seems, just took a nice bonghit, and blew out a big cloud of vapor in front of the cam, but on the video just a little whisp of vapor...
maybe I'll have to try with a light pointed on it, or a flashlight

edit: nope, light doesn't work :( this webcam is just unsuitable to film vapor, it's like there's some automatic filter to remove mist or so, to make the picture clearer

You can try a few things:

Putting black in the background and blowing your hit out in front of the background will help.
Taking a light and positioning it behind and to the side of the camera and point it at the black backdrop. This will help illuminate the vapor more.
Lastly when you up load it to YouTube you can go to edit the video and turn on the HDR effect. That makes things more contrasty and the vapor will stand out more.

Yea I think most poeple would not want to buy the background music. I figured since I did not want to deal with making my own, or worrying about copyrighted stuff being removed it was worth it.

Actually this video had some music from that site:

underdog

Manufacturer
Hey guys, hope you're all having a good time and enjoying a foggy weekend?

We're making some website adjustments and I thought I'd let you all know.

Instead of the standard "standard kit" a vape purchase will now require that you select what kind of stems and aroma cup/hook setup you want with the piece. I think this is a good move and will let you get just what you want and will use while also reducing waste since I won't have to supply you with stuff you don't want or need.

Check out any available vape in the catalog and you'll see the drop down box and the choices it gives you.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Hey guys, hope you're all having a good time and enjoying a foggy weekend?

We're making some website adjustments and I thought I'd let you all know.

Instead of the standard "standard kit" a vape purchase will now require that you select what kind of stems and aroma cup/hook setup you want with the piece. I think this is a good move and will let you get just what you want and will use while also reducing waste since I won't have to supply you with stuff you don't want or need.

Check out any available vape in the catalog and you'll see the drop down box and the choices it gives you.

Thanks!

I think that is a fantastic idea. Currently I have so many glass and silicone stems. It was because I ordered three dogs and they all came with so many goodies. In the future I would be fine only getting the thick silicone stem. It would save you some $$$ and also save me the storage space. :tup:

SirElton

Hello all. Its been a while since I've posted, and I hope yall have been enjoying the vapor life. Dave, some of the Dog's that have been coming out are gorgeous. My Dog is still my go-to vape, but I fear I may have given her too much love. The core has become loose. She still works fine (though she hasn't been plugged in for quite some time due to lack of medication), but the heater is able to move freely inside the body. What are my options?

:peace: :love: :D

SirElton,

underdog

Manufacturer
Hey SirElton, long time no see dude.. was wondering when we'd see you again. :)

Sorry to hear of your loose core'd Pup, shoot me an email or private message and we'll make arrangements to get her all fixed up (or swapped out) for you no problem. :peace:

underdog,
Top Bottom