Underdog Log Vapes

darkrom

Great Scott!
I was thinking of using logmein. I use that already and love that it is free. IDK if the hardware is readily available. It's something I wouldn't want to try to hack together myself when heating is involved.

darkrom,
Reactions: pomogirl

placetime

Not sure how much it would cost to buy hardware to go directly from your computer to a power plug via USB (other than X10), but you might be able to find something cheaper than the $50 it would cost you to get X10 (which does, btw, connect to the internet: http://www.x10.com/promotions/cm15a_ed_freesuite_onalert_ss13a_0423.html ). Maybe look into remotely accessible backup power systems? I'd guess those would be more than $50, though.
:peace:

placetime,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Or may be look into a 3$ timer.. and if you know what time exactly will you get home thats the best option..
Its is safe to leave it on 2-3 hours so.. If you do the maths u can get it 2-3 hours cycle "on" on the timer with 15-20 minutes "off" brakes.. (in order not to overheat).. In the worst case you are getting home in the 15-20 minutes pause.. while the unit is still warm in the first 10 mins.. i lets say there are 5-10 minutes that you won t be able to vape .. not a big chance to get unvaped..

Abysmal Vapor,

darkrom

Great Scott!
placetime said:
Not sure how much it would cost to buy hardware to go directly from your computer to a power plug via USB (other than X10), but you might be able to find something cheaper than the $50 it would cost you to get X10 (which does, btw, connect to the internet: http://www.x10.com/promotions/cm15a_ed_freesuite_onalert_ss13a_0423.html ). Maybe look into remotely accessible backup power systems? I'd guess those would be more than $50, though.
:peace:

Guess I just skimmed it. I need to read more into it when I get free time.

darkrom,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Exciting times in the dog house lately, got about $3,000 of assorted equipment and wood on order.. both working their way slowly to us from around the world.

Doing some re-sawing in the morning on some of the wood for Abysmal's piece, gotta do that before it gets hot though. Also need to start picking and pulling the pieces for the Ladybug.. all sorts of fun projects going on!

placetime

psyched that you're going to build a ladybug!
maybe share some pics of some wood when you get a chance? :brow:

placetime,

Abysmal Vapor

placetime said:
psyched that you're going to build a ladybug!
maybe share some pics of some wood when you get a chance? :brow:
Have you yet picked a vaporizer or UD is building the ladybug for you ? :rolleyes:

Abysmal Vapor,

underdog

Manufacturer
I'll get pictures of the wood for both of them and post it. Some of the wood I have in the shop and have been re-sawing and some of it is on order and should be delivered sometime next week. I've got about $1,200 of wood on order, not specifically for this project but just all projects in general.. yay for new wood. :cool:

Abysmal Vapor

underdog said:
I'll get pictures of the wood for both of them and post it. Some of the wood I have in the shop and have been re-sawing and some of it is on order and should be delivered sometime next week. I've got about $1,200 of wood on order, not specifically for this project but just all projects in general.. yay for new wood. :cool:
I imagine you as Geppetto making Pinocchio.. :) If it happens that you hear some nice piece of purpleheart log callin' you... that must be my future mate :p.

Abysmal Vapor,

underdog

Manufacturer
Abysmal Vapor said:
underdog said:
I imagine you as Geppetto making Pinocchio.. :) If it happens that you hear some nice piece of purpleheart log callin' you... that must be my future mate :p.
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/6434/purplepinocchioorganicp.png

Haha.. thanks, I think!

underdog,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I can't wait until Abysmal gets his vape. I absolutely know how happy everyone is going to be with this vape. As much as I am for the glass stems still, the silicone ones really grew on me. They do produce some great vapor/suction. I knocked one of my screens out of place a little, and was able to poke it back into place perfectly. I was a bit surprised I was able to fix it rather than order new ones, I'm sort of clumsy. I really haven't used any other vapes at home since I got this thing. It's the ONLY vape I'm able to hit once every 20 min or so and still maintain the effects. If I tried that with anything else I'd be severely undermedicated.

darkrom,

underdog

Manufacturer
darkrom said:
I can't wait until Abysmal gets his vape. I absolutely know how happy everyone is going to be with this vape. As much as I am for the glass stems still, the silicone ones really grew on me. They do produce some great vapor/suction. I knocked one of my screens out of place a little, and was able to poke it back into place perfectly. I was a bit surprised I was able to fix it rather than order new ones, I'm sort of clumsy. I really haven't used any other vapes at home since I got this thing. It's the ONLY vape I'm able to hit once every 20 min or so and still maintain the effects. If I tried that with anything else I'd be severely undermedicated.

Glad to hear the silicone stems are growing on you darkrom.. the more you use them the more they'll do that. That's kind of how I ended up using them myself and they really do make for a great suction and efficiency.

So out of curiosity can you tell us how you knocked your screen loose and how you poked it back into place and what you used to do so? I have a little selection of specific tools here for just that purpose but always interested in seeing what others are using..

darkrom

Great Scott!
underdog said:
darkrom said:

Glad to hear the silicone stems are growing on you darkrom.. the more you use them the more they'll do that. That's kind of how I ended up using them myself and they really do make for a great suction and efficiency.

So out of curiosity can you tell us how you knocked your screen loose and how you poked it back into place and what you used to do so? I have a little selection of specific tools here for just that purpose but always interested in seeing what others are using..

I'm not sure how I knocked it loose. I found it like that one day. My best guess is that I take advantage of the silicone stems, and when I am done vaping I dump out the ABV then more or less smack the stem on my desk so the left over crumbs pop out haha. Seems stupid, but I haven't had to clean either stem yet and they've been used quite heavily. I popped it back into place with a "7th floor poker" that came with my DBV. I may or may not be selling my DBV that I don't really use (thanks to my King's Jester), but if I do I'm keeping my poker because it is the perfect tool. Really anything skinny would have worked though. It was quite easy to fix the screen which was a real surprise. At this point I enjoy the silicone, but glass is more of the cherry on top for this vape. It's so fancy that I want to use a monacle and top hat when I hit the thing.

I haven't used the liquid finish touchup,. but I've been applying the underbutter once in a while. No real need to and it's been shiny, I just like using it since I have it. Before I tell you how I've been using the underbutter, what do YOU suggest I use to apply it?

darkrom,

underdog

Manufacturer
darkrom said:
I'm not sure how I knocked it loose. I found it like that one day. My best guess is that I take advantage of the silicone stems, and when I am done vaping I dump out the ABV then more or less smack the stem on my desk so the left over crumbs pop out haha. Seems stupid, but I haven't had to clean either stem yet and they've been used quite heavily. I popped it back into place with a "7th floor poker" that came with my DBV. I may or may not be selling my DBV that I don't really use (thanks to my King's Jester), but if I do I'm keeping my poker because it is the perfect tool. Really anything skinny would have worked though. It was quite easy to fix the screen which was a real surprise. At this point I enjoy the silicone, but glass is more of the cherry on top for this vape. It's so fancy that I want to use a monacle and top hat when I hit the thing.

I haven't used the liquid finish touchup,. but I've been applying the underbutter once in a while. No real need to and it's been shiny, I just like using it since I have it. Before I tell you how I've been using the underbutter, what do YOU suggest I use to apply it?

Awesome, about how you describe is how I clean out the stems too except I use a little Chinese tea cup and whack it against the rim so the ABV falls out into the cup. Actually I put my dose into the cup and suck it into the stem first, the empty into the cup a couple times during use to 'mix it up' before finally emptying the ABV as above. Pretty good system and it works for me.

I think I'm going to be replacing the finish touchup with the underbutter entirely, too many people are having too many problems applying the touchup and I don't like to see sad sticky vape'd people lol. Maybe you should just save the finish touchup for your furniture of something.

I like to use a small piece of white t-shirt material to apply the underbutter but anything soft and lint-free will work. What are you using?

darkrom

Great Scott!
I've been using my fingers which has been meh. I'll use a white t-shirt next time. Maybe a sock or something haha. I'll avoid using the touchup because I can be a klutz, and I refuse to ruin my favorite vape. Not one of my friends has said anything negative about this vape other than the silicone stems. They hate it at first, but they don't seem to mind it when they are cooked out of their skulls after using it for a quick session.

darkrom,

Abysmal Vapor

darkrom said:
I've been using my fingers which has been meh. I'll use a white t-shirt next time. Maybe a sock or something haha. I'll avoid using the touchup because I can be a klutz, and I refuse to ruin my favorite vape. Not one of my friends has said anything negative about this vape other than the silicone stems. They hate it at first, but they don't seem to mind it when they are cooked out of their skulls after using it for a quick session.
Darkrom you been this silicon stems for a while.. Do you notice any inorganic taste.. Burned silicon ..melted silicon.. ? I am planning when i get my underdog to adapt one stem for bong using or to a glass stem. or the hand attachment of my Magic wand vaporizer.. that looks like this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/TWO-PIECE-E...984?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c5f1650a8 but instead of plastic there the valve is metal .. same price on Magicwands site..
cut short just enough to fit a gong adapter like the one people round here use for the PD stems.. and connect it straight to a bong or some king of bong stem.. (for direct inhale.) which just dont even have gong. i can tuck it in the silicon sleeve..
I can imagine this work will be fine for a stem too
il_430xN.155367380.jpg

Abysmal Vapor,

underdog

Manufacturer
Abysmal Vapor said:
darkrom said:
Darkrom you been this silicon stems for a while.. Do you notice any inorganic taste.. Burned silicon ..melted silicon.. ? I am planning when i get my underdog to adapt one stem for bong using or to a glass stem. or the hand attachment of my Magic wand vaporizer.. that looks like this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/TWO-PIECE-E...984?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c5f1650a8 but instead of plastic there the valve is metal .. same price on Magicwands site..
cut short just enough to fit a gong adapter like the one people round here use for the PD stems.. and connect it straight to a bong or some king of bong stem.. (for direct inhale.) which just dont even have gong. i can tuck it in the silicon sleeve..
I can imagine this work will be fine for a stem too http://ny-image0.etsy.com/il_430xN.155367380.jpg

Hey Abysmal,

You're planning on using a glass piece with the vape? Maybe you can email me and describe what you plan on doing because I was planning on making your vape around the smaller 1/4" core so it could be as small as possible and heat up as quick as possible but that might not work as well if you're going to try and connect it to glass... :o

underdog,

Abysmal Vapor

Email sent UD. ;) I don't even know or seen the silicon u use.. so i don't know why i am thinking of all that shit.. :)
That's what my combustion days paranoia turned into .. Fear of combustion and harmful plastics :D..

Abysmal Vapor,

underdog

Manufacturer
Abysmal Vapor said:
Email sent UD. ;) I don't even know or seen the silicon u use.. so i don't know why i am thinking of all that shit.. :)
That's what my combustion days paranoia turned into .. Fear of combustion and harmful plastics :D..

No worries, responded to your email.

I wouldn't worry about the silicone, I don't think it has a taste or smell (and definitely doesn't melt or burn!) and with the superior suction it makes for a kick ass experience!

underdog,

Abysmal Vapor

I have no more doubts reading now on high temperature silicone...I really got it why you call it "the good stuff ":)..
Its even better because it is unbreakable and there is no chance of inhaling a glass particle that chipped from the gong when being super smashed .
Do you have any idea when will we have a glimpse of our future dogs even if they are in the embryonal stage :p :ko: ?
Also darkrom ain't a vaporizer newbie.. so i value his opinion knowing that he had tried "a few vaporizers".. If he didn't notice silicon taste than there is no such thing :).

Abysmal Vapor,

underdog

Manufacturer
Abysmal Vapor said:
I have no more doubts reading now on high temperature silicone...I really got it why you call it "the good stuff ":)..
Its even better because it is unbreakable and there is no chance of inhaling a glass particle that chipped from the gong when being super smashed .
Do you have any idea when will we have a glimpse of our future dogs even if they are in the embryonal stage :p :ko: ?
Also darkrom ain't a vaporizer newbie.. so i value his opinion knowing that he had tried "a few vaporizers".. If he didn't notice silicon taste than there is no such thing :).

Excellent! Join the dark, er, silicone side.. ;)

In regards to the puppies I had a little setback when my wood shipment came today without the thin Purpleheart I've been waiting on for yours, so, I told work I wouldn't be coming in tomorrow so I could stay home and re-saw a bunch of thicker stock I already have down into thin stock for your vape. It won't be impressive since it'll just be a bunch of raw lumber but I'll snap a picture for you tomorrow anyways.. I know you must be anxious! :cool:

underdog,

darkrom

Great Scott!
LX9G8l.jpg

xAgLBl.jpg

There is no silicone taste. Anyone being super fussy (me usually) would say there is a silicone taste if you count the fact that silicone is in your mouth, but silicone in general has essentially no flavor. There is definitely NO silicone vapor/smoke or anything like that and the silicone isn't off gassing. The faintest taste that only the pickiest would notice is the silicone resting on your lips and that is really a stretch.

As far as I am concerned no taste and definitely no gasses coming from it.

Sorry my stem is dirty, just dropped it trying to take the pic. My camera really hates me, but the screen is in there and its a nice stem honestly. Simple and incredibly effective.

darkrom,
Top Bottom