• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Underdog Log Vapes

thelostpizza

I am on the search for a vape and this is something I'm really considering now, love that its from Nor Cal, I just wish there was a bit more user feedback.
Sort of a crazy question to underdog, I have a nice figured piece of lamanite spalted maple, do you think you could incorporate that in some way if I were to send it to you?(I live in the Bay Area so shipping would be cheap)

thelostpizza,
Reactions: pomogirl

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
thelostpizza said:
I am on the search for a vape and this is something I'm really considering now, love that its from Nor Cal, I just wish there was a bit more user feedback.
Sort of a crazy question to underdog, I have a nice figured piece of lamanite spalted maple, do you think you could incorporate that in some way if I were to send it to you?(I live in the Bay Area so shipping would be cheap)

I'm sure I could, did you have something specific in mind?

darkrom

Great Scott!
thelostpizza said:

I'll answer any specific questions you have. I can compare it to many vaporizers personally, and the underdog is the strongest and most efficient I've ever used. Sometimes you just need to go for it. I really think if you were considering any log vape or desktop vape at all, it's well worth it. Just give it a shot. I've used many vapes and couldn't be happier. It's us early adopters that need to give the reviews. This vape gets me fogged every time :lol:

darkrom

Great Scott!
I've been hunting for a glassblower, but can't seem to find one either. I will post in the solo thread. Someone there was able to have custom stems made, so I'm sure they could do a glass stem for the Underdog too. From talking with my friends who I let review it, they say the silicone is offputting. I don't mind it and it vapes well, but glass would be the bees knees. I'll keep hunting for a glassblower.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
darkrom said:
I've been hunting for a glassblower, but can't seem to find one either. I will post in the solo thread. Someone there was able to have custom stems made, so I'm sure they could do a glass stem for the Underdog too. From talking with my friends who I let review it, they say the silicone is offputting. I don't mind it and it vapes well, but glass would be the bees knees. I'll keep hunting for a glassblower.
I have to add that the silicon stem look is not responding to the beauty of the wood and design.. +1 for beauty glass looks against silicone :p

underdog

Manufacturer
Abysmal Vapor said:
darkrom said:
I have to add that the silicon stem look is not responding to the beauty of the wood and design.. +1 for beauty glass looks against silicone :p

Thanks guys, yeah I know it's something that I'm definitely looking into and working on.. if anyone has a glassblower they know that would like to work with the Underdog just let me know.

darkrom

Great Scott!
I just emailed FC member "goglass" he has a glassblower who made some custom solo stems. I hope he can do some underdog stems as well. Oh BTW I accidentally left it plugged in for about 5-7 hours last night. No problems that I can see at all. I still would rather unplug it when I am done, but that is good news that it is not too easy to ruin.

underdog

Manufacturer
darkrom said:
I just emailed FC member "goglass" he has a glassblower who made some custom solo stems. I hope he can do some underdog stems as well. Oh BTW I accidentally left it plugged in for about 5-7 hours last night. No problems that I can see at all. I still would rather unplug it when I am done, but that is good news that it is not too easy to ruin.

Great, let me know if you hear anything back about the stems.. and yeah no worries about leaving it plugged in occasionally, I just don't like doing it on a regular basis, too much expensive wood for that!

darkrom

Great Scott!
Agreed.

Can you give me a description of how I should use the car adapter properly? I feel like there is a possibility of me ruining it if I use it wrong with the car outlet.

underdog

Manufacturer
darkrom said:
Agreed.

Can you give me a description of how I should use the car adapter properly? I feel like there is a possibility of me ruining it if I use it wrong with the car outlet.

Nothing really to worry about or complex instructions to follow. Just plug in and use as normal. Just a couple things to note:

• If the car engine is turned off the adapter will supply 12v (roughly) to the vape, same as the house adapter so your warm up times and temps will be the same as you're used to at home.[/*]

• If the car engine is turned on the adapter will supply more in the 13v range which means your warm up times will be less and your operating temps higher than what you're used to at home.[/*]

So, don't worry about ruining the vape as that shouldn't happen. Just plug it in, experiment with the times/temp and enjoy!

darkrom

Great Scott!
Oh ok. I was overthinking it for sure then. That wouldn't be significantly hotter would it? I mean realistically the 12v outlet shouldn't even hit as high as 13v when its on if I understand it. My buddy who works for BMW thinks 12.5 tops? Not a big deal just wondering what temps I'd be vaping at. The underdog has been allowing me to use my PC at home with my current back problems. When I use the solo I can't seem to get rid of the pain completely. I really can't understand WHY my underdog seems to be more efficient than the solo, but it certainly is.

underdog

Manufacturer
darkrom said:
Oh ok. I was overthinking it for sure then. That wouldn't be significantly hotter would it? I mean realistically the 12v outlet shouldn't even hit as high as 13v when its on if I understand it. My buddy who works for BMW thinks 12.5 tops? Not a big deal just wondering what temps I'd be vaping at. The underdog has been allowing me to use my PC at home with my current back problems. When I use the solo I can't seem to get rid of the pain completely. I really can't understand WHY my underdog seems to be more efficient than the solo, but it certainly is.

As far as the voltage goes it really depends a lot on the car, the type of charging system it has, the state of it's batteries and if it has any kind of regulation between the alternator and the socket. Maybe a BMW has regulation between the two but my car doesn't and voltages will be between 12.5 and 14.5 depending on the aforementioned variables.

So, I'm not really able to tell you what temp you'd be vaping at. I can only suggest experimenting with your car to see what results you get, you will be able to adjust your warmup time and your draw speed/technique to get whatever effective temp you want.. it just takes a little practice.

Yay experimenting! :brow:

Abysmal Vapor

human-skull.jpg

I just wanted to share this hilarious variable power supply :)...

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Abysmal Vapor

darkrom said:
LOL. Abysmal did you get an Underdog Vape yourself?
:) I've won one dog on the design contest and my unit will be ready in 1-2 weeks and probably another 1-2 weeks for delivery so i expect it to be in my hands in 20-30 days).. Seems a long time but Dave said he will keep me posted on the progress so i can see how it grows... That will ease the waiting for sure :)..
gorilla-skull.jpg

darkrom

Great Scott!
Abysmal Vapor said:
darkrom said:
LOL. Abysmal did you get an Underdog Vape yourself?
:) I've won one dog on the design contest and my unit will be ready in 1-2 weeks and probably another 1-2 weeks for delivery so i expect it to be in my hands in 20-30 days).. Seems a long time but Dave said he will keep me posted on the progress so i can see how it grows... That will ease the waiting for sure :)..
http://www.hibiscus-bg.com/38-467-large/gorilla-skull.jpg

Awesome. Can't wait to see your design. You are going to LOVE this thing. I've had a really rough day, so the first thing I did was plug mine in.

underdog

Manufacturer
Abysmal Vapor said:
It won't be the design from the contest.. It will be a Purple hearth rippled twig (with the size of the Cebil twig and ripples like those on Mr.Ripples or those on Groovy little log).

I haven't forgotten about all you guys just been busy working in the shop and at the day-job.. Abysmal I should have some pictures for you in a few days of your piece-to-be... ;)

darkrom

Great Scott!
Anyone ever heard of an electrical outlet/timer that has LAN? I am having a rough day at work and would like nothing more than to turn on my Underdog remotely because when I get home that is going to be my savior. It got me thinking...if there is such a think as a wake on LAN outlet or something I could work with some people to make an app for android/iphone so you can tap to start heating your unit remotely (and shut it off too) and then when you are ready so is the vape.

Hardly a necessity, more something to satisfy my geeky ways, but I can see a lot of people using this if it is possible/available.

darkrom

Great Scott!
That is cool stuff, but thats for turning something on from within the house. I'm not that lazy ;)

I want to send a wake on lan signal from my phone or the office to start heating up my Underdog. I don't need it by any means I am just the curious type. I am having a rough time paying bills right now and you show me home automation shit? It's like taking a diabetic kid into a candy store :/

Very cool stuff though at much better prices than the last time I looked into home automation.

djonkoman

couldn't yu make a circuit, with a parralel circuit that of the paralel circuits powers on, a switch is activated activating the 2nd circuit(wich makes the underdog power on), and make that circuit somehow activatable via USB?
then you could activate ot from your comp, and use something like logmein to activate it from another computer

Top Bottom