• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Underdog Log Vapes

eideal852

What is the issue, if any, with stock UD stems/bowls?
Admittedly only AC and SC3 experience (...yet!) but all suffice. Love the direct draw and vong ss, and the larger glass dd is servicable.

only just about to get into a larger breed x/+ and wondering what all the talk of other maker's stems/bowls is about

eideal852,
Reactions: BigJr48

Razhumikin

Admittedly only AC and SC3 experience (...yet!) but all suffice. Love the direct draw and vong ss, and the larger glass dd is servicable.

only just about to get into a larger breed x/+ and wondering what all the talk of other maker's stems/bowls is about
Underdogs native bowls are fine, but people love variety.

GoldenBud

variety of stems (I use only the Nong/GonG) + wood is a material that will require much more energy for being heated, so I hope to stay on 12.2V setting with the bowl closer to the heater... (glass/ss need much less energy for being heated, on 12.2v i can't use the NonG, and the GonG.. I need to adjust the screen 2 inch lower)
the SC3+ with 12.2V setting is like a ball vape or something..

Last edited:

GoldenBud

SC3+ 12.2v mutes the tastes. 11.8v slow draw will bring a lot of vapor and taste. (GonG, the screen must be lowered at least 1 inch down)

GoldenBud,

gotbadvas

I think I have decided to go back to a log vape. I had the aromazap from the earliest square driftwood up until the very limited stainless steel zap and really starting to miss how simple it was. I want to get the most powerful log that still uses the smaller style stems. I think the UD stems are just slightly bigger than the brass aromazap stems is this right? Am I correct that I should be looking for a SC3+ for the most powerful core for the small stems?

GoldenBud

11.8v heat soaking of like 1-2 minutes inside the GonG... found my sweet spot for sure..
abv
abv11-8.jpg

pomogirl

I got a number of nice stems for my Alpha+, but they're out of GonGs at this time--I'll be buying a few when they come back in stock.

eideal852

Welp, they arrived, and they are magnificent... beautiful wood, all three. Shimmery on the ACXL and Plus, and the Limncello is just... wow
Chico Black Oak ACXL, Rosewood Alpha +, Limoncello Alpha X and that STEM!:

Chico Black Oak ACXL:

Rosewood Alpha +:

Limoncello Alpha X:

previous units were aircore and sc3, so still working on best practices for the beasts, would love to pick brains... Speed, temp, draw, etc...
whos the guru?

@underdog @underdogette you guys fucking rock, hope this year marks the end of recent bad rolls...
to 2023!!

Last edited:

pomogirl

Welp, they arrived, and they are magnificent... beautiful wood, all three. Shimmery on the ACXL and Plus, and the Limncello is just... wow
Chico Black Oak ACXL, Rosewood Alpha +, Limoncello Alpha X and that STEM!:

Chico Black Oak ACXL:

Rosewood Alpha +:

Limoncello Alpha X:

previous units were aircore and sc3, so still working on best practices for the beasts, would love to pick brains... Speed, temp, draw, etc...
whos the guru?

@underdog @underdogette you guys fucking rock, hope this year marks the end of recent bad rolls...
to 2023!!
YOU got the limoncello! Congrats. And that rosewood was/is a beauty.

eideal852

YOU got the limoncello! Congrats. And that rosewood was/is a beauty.
X: Yeah baby! That limoncello I’ve been watching, just took a minute cause I wasn’t sure what the deal was re: “X” vs “+”
Super sweet, Dave told me about it’s history, coming from a lemon tree in Italy famous for its limoncello, scored when a friend happened to be there when the tree was felled.

+: I had looked at the (stacked?) FYT black locust but the wife liked the rosewood better, and as far as these things go, there’s an easy way, and a hard way!

Acxl: As far as this guy, directions say to be higher than 12v so I haven’t gotten at it yet. Any thoughts? Can it run lower with any decent results?

At least testing is always worth it

eideal852

the maximum is 12.2v in your VVPS? try 12.2v if you can, VERY slow draw, maybe it will work? (after 20 minutes of heat soaking for the unit)
Oh no, yeah I’m 12.2 but that’s what I meant. “More than normal”
don’t have it on me but 13-14 or something.

eideal852,
Reactions: GoldenBud

pomogirl

X: Yeah baby! That limoncello I’ve been watching, just took a minute cause I wasn’t sure what the deal was re: “X” vs “+”
Super sweet, Dave told me about it’s history, coming from a lemon tree in Italy famous for its limoncello, scored when a friend happened to be there when the tree was felled.

+: I had looked at the (stacked?) FYT black locust but the wife liked the rosewood better, and as far as these things go, there’s an easy way, and a hard way!

Acxl: As far as this guy, directions say to be higher than 12v so I haven’t gotten at it yet. Any thoughts? Can it run lower with any decent results?

At least testing is always worth it
The chatoyance/sheen on the limoncello and the rosewood are spectacular even in your photos. I put both in my cart multiple times. I only have one UD right now, an Alpha X.

Zagala

I have several UD logs and love them all (SC3, SC3 + and Alfa cores) and I have been checking the UD site for a while attracted to the Alpha Plus but I have been wondering what else do I get over the Alfa, already a great versatile log that delivers tasty hits, and huge clouds even without pushing it to high heat wise. Any fellow dog lovers who have both and can share some perspective. Flavour and deep effects are my objectives and I don’t like it too hot. Apologies if this has been covered earlier in the thread - I don’t recall but maybe I was not into the Alfa series at the time. Thanks in advance.

pomogirl

I have several UD logs and love them all (SC3, SC3 + and Alfa cores) and I have been checking the UD site for a while attracted to the Alpha Plus but I have been wondering what else do I get over the Alfa, already a great versatile log that delivers tasty hits, and huge clouds even without pushing it to high heat wise. Any fellow dog lovers who have both and can share some perspective. Flavour and deep effects are my objectives and I don’t like it too hot. Apologies if this has been covered earlier in the thread - I don’t recall but maybe I was not into the Alfa series at the time. Thanks in advance.
I've been reading each page--the advice on packing and Temps are in there for the original UD. I'm not to the comparisons you want yet, but I love savoring the way UD started (like with silicon tubes). I'm eyeballing the Alpha+ pieces on the web site. I think I know this: one thing the Alpha+ has is their longest "folded" (?) metal path (?), longer than my Alpha X which is longer than the Alpha.

pomogirl,
Top Bottom