• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Underdog Log Vapes

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Hey Dogs just slowing the bus down enough to roll an update out the door in your direction then running back to the shop...

Over 90% done now, hoping to have everything completed for a website refresh (new pieces) by the end of the weekend. If we don't
get the remainder done by then we'll just push out what we've got and save the stragglers for the future. Fingers crossed!

Many more updates to come and a lot going on around here behind the scenes but that will all be dealt with after the update.. not enough spare hands to juggle multiple things at this point. 🤕:lol:

I trust you the most, but I use mine most often with just a 12v supply, Ive a walnut and a bubinga and i cant combust on either...
Yeah, so tough with using voltage as a metric as things change with each batch of heating elements and then of course core type (and revision), wood species and vape size/shape affect that as well if to a lesser degree. I do ship peoples instructions with a recommended voltage range where I have actually done the math (and physically bench tested) for that particular vape and write down the level that *should* be just a bit under the expected combustion threshold.. hopefully people are taking note of that. :cool: :cheers:

Hey buddy hope the long delay doesn’t mean your hand is giving you more trouble. Anxiously hitting refresh daily hoping to get in on the last drop for a while.

Good supportive thoughts from FC land.
Thanks dude I appreciate the kind thoughts and words and yeah the hand is the cause of this last round or two of delays (previously it was supply chain issues) as I keep re-breaking things in it (4 times in 4 months) and still can't afford treatment. Hopefully I can get this big refresh out and then take the down time to focus on navigating our health care system without insurance. :peace:

Vaporware

I feel bad for anyone who has to navigate our health care system…especially without insurance. It’s hard to believe that we let people needlessly suffer like this. :rant:

I hope you can get your hand taken care of soon, and I know you must need to work to get the money to fix it, but I hope a doctor is at least watching to make sure you’re not doing irreparable damage to it…it would be horrible if trying to get through this short time left you with hand problems for life.

I don’t know which state you’re in, but it might be worth looking into whether or not you could get on Medicaid long enough to get it taken care of. Either way, good luck with it. I wish our system was better. :disgust:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
@underdog Get well soon ,Dave ! Take your health to first priority , i had to learn that from bad experience . In the end things only end more costly,this year i also had another health issue and even though i am insured i had to take a loan so i can act in timely manner, i will be paying for a while ,but i dont regret it as my situation relieved greatly ! Hope you can figure something soon,i imagine those surgeries cost tens of thousands in the US !

Last edited:

underdog

Manufacturer
Thanks for the love everyone.. much appreciated!

We're on target for the refresh to go live late this afternoon or early evening. Turning, assembly and testing are done and we're working on the photo and web stuff now. It's been a struggle and I think I've blown more deadlines in the last year than in 10+ years prior but I suspect I'm not alone in that so.. :cheers:

To help control our electronics supply chain issues we're going to start offering people the ability to choose a discounted kit without a power supply so they can save some coin and help us out at the same time. We've got a few recommendations on VVPS models that can be picked up on Amazon, etc at a couple different price points and will be happy to answer questions and offer advice as needed.

StormieFloyd20200819.jpg

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Thanks for the love everyone.. much appreciated!

We're on target for the refresh to go live late this afternoon or early evening. Turning, assembly and testing are done and we're working on the photo and web stuff now. It's been a struggle and I think I've blown more deadlines in the last year than in 10+ years prior but I suspect I'm not alone in that so.. :cheers:

To help control our electronics supply chain issues we're going to start offering people the ability to choose a discounted kit without a power supply so they can save some coin and help us out at the same time. We've got a few recommendations on VVPS models that can be picked up on Amazon, etc at a couple different price points and will be happy to answer questions and offer advice as needed.

StormieFloyd20200819.jpg
Excellent choice for the option of ordering without a power supply. If you’re log crazy like me you end up with a box of extra power supplies just laying around soon enough, as the vvps are swappable for a lot of different logs. Looking forward to the drop (saying this as I mumble over and over “no more log vapes”).

underdog

Manufacturer
Here are recommendations for three different VVPS options at different price points and a few associated
accessories.

The first is the model we have been including with vapes for the past few years and tend to work fine though
the build quality and long term reliability are... about what you'd expect for a <$20 power supply. If you're
sourcing your own VVPS of this style and want an UD VVPS decal to stick on it just let us know in your order
comments.

The second and third options are higher quality than the first and are small bench-style power supplies
that should last for many years (usually indefinitely) and have much nicer voltage adjustment precision.

The third option is the highest quality recommendation and also feature a wattage display to really let you know
how much power your Log is actually using. This is a super helpful feature for comparing the performance of
different core types, different vape types and makes it easy to return to a specific output level. These types of supplies
will need the user to provide their own cords (called 2.1mm pigtails) which are screwed into the terminals on the
front and are easily/inexpensively user replaceable.. a link to a 2pk of 3' pigtails is below the VVPS options.

Budget VVPS: 3-12V 5A (various 'brands')

Midrange VVPS: Tekpower HY-1502

Higher-end VVPS: Bench Supply with wattage readout (various 'brands')

Pigtail cords: 2.1mm, 3' length, 16AWG (2 pack)

2.1mm terminal blocks: make your own cords

Zip wire for making your own cords with terminal blocks (20AWG)

Klein wire strippers for stranded zip wire (cheaper options work fine too)

Razhumikin

Happy to say that an alpha plus dog will be heading my way soon, this is one I'm really excited to try. Is there any cross-compatibility with the alpha and stems from other devices (like are there any 3rd party wpas or direct draw stems that work on an alpha dog)? Thanks everyone, I'm happy to finally be in this pack!

underdog

Manufacturer
Woke up feeling like I need to indulge rather than fight off my VAS on this new drop. Feels like an Alpha sort of day as well. What's the main differences between the Alpha and Alpha Plus?

The Alpha+ has twice the length airpath to give the air more time/distance to heat up.. it's a higher performance 'stretch' version of the Alpha. The mass is considerably higher too of course so it needs a bit more soak time and maybe a .2v bump vs the Alpha. :cheers:

I will say they're a pain to make and require a huge piece of wood so we probably won't make too many, too often.

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
The Alpha+ has twice the length airpath to give the air more time/distance to heat up.. it's a higher performance 'stretch' version of the Alpha. The mass is considerably higher too of course so it needs a bit more soak time and maybe a .2v bump vs the Alpha. :cheers:

I will say they're a pain to make and require a huge piece of wood so we probably won't make too many, too often.
Thanks for the response. I think the Alpha is more than enough performance for me coming from the SC3 core units I now have, adding to cart now.

Edit: I was much weaker than I initially thought. @underdog got me for an Alpha and another SC3 today. Well played @underdog, well played.

Last edited:

brainiac

log wrangler
Just been over to the website to check out the major refresh ..... and that is really some lovely work you've put up there.
I'll have one of each please:D

But seriously, the sheer variety of wood types, body designs and output options is very impressive.
I might just go for one of those exotic alphas :hmm:
:peace:

Last edited:

underdog

Manufacturer
Pick a couple pieces out and we can do that swap for those heckin awesome Rustics I was drooling over the other day!
:cheers:

Just been over to the website to check out the major refresh ..... and that is really some lovely work you've put up there.
I'll have one of each please:D

But seriously, the sheer variety of wood types, body designs and output options very impressive.
I might just go for one of those exotic alphas :hmm:
:peace:

underdog

Manufacturer
Whew! You Dogs kept me busy today answering messages and shipping packages.. I'm like a one-man-band except with shipping supplies and more accurate title of a one-hand-man! lol

I tell you hwhat though my flipper-hand is barking so imma answer a few more messages and then go have some stems. 👍🏼

Oh and all orders are now shipped so those Pups will start arriving in just a couple-few days for most of you. 🍻

Adobewan

Whew! You Dogs kept me busy today answering messages and shipping packages.. I'm like a one-man-band except with shipping supplies and more accurate title of a one-hand-man! lol

I tell you hwhat though my flipper-hand is barking so imma answer a few more messages and then go have some stems. 👍🏼

Oh and all orders are now shipped so those Pups will start arriving in just a couple-few days for most of you. 🍻
Sweet music to all ears from the one-Dave-band.

underdog

Manufacturer
Minis? Micros? ACXLs?

Now that the refresh/drop is live I just wanted to let you know that I'll be pushing out a bunch of 'Dog Toys' that have been languishing in the pipeline for way too long... we don't have a hard date set for this but it'll be as quickly as I can so I can focus on the hand surgery search.. figure 2-3 weeks. We'll post more as we get the details sorted.. but rest assured that shits gonna get weird.

As usual all of our 'toys' are first come, first serve and are only available to peeps who already own a standard production Underdog so you might want to make sure and register on our site if you haven't already done so.

Orders are being shipped each day with no delays and time sensitive messages answered post-haste. Less time sensitive messages and/or friendly
chats are mostly up to date as well so I feel like we're keeping things running pretty smoothly over here despite the rush. :tup::2c:

Thanks for all the love, all the purchases, the kind words and well wishes.. we appreciate it all more than we can easily put in words!

Top Bottom