• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Underdog Log Vapes

BigJr48

Alpha owners, how do you restrict the airflow using the glass stem? I'm finding it hard to enjoy with so much open airflow.

Philabrookla

@philabrookla
Alpha owners, how do you restrict the airflow using the glass stem? I'm finding it hard to enjoy with so much open airflow.
Its tough but with a tiny bit extra herb and some tamping you can get some draw resistance. The direct draw can be hot, have to block the back of my throat with my tongue.

The alpha gong is my favorite with a tallish bent neck bong, the draw resistance is provided by the chug of the bong and there's no throat burn.

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Hey Dogs I'll be posting some updates over the next few days about what's going on in the shop and with my arm, etc.. apologies for the ongoing
delays in getting pieces finished and in answering messages everything just seems to take twice as long as I expect with being down a paw.

Any 420 sales going on? Would love to join the ud family
Yes that is our intent at this point.. working hard to make it happen so stay tuned for those updates mentioned above. :cheers:

I wish I lived closer. I'd be all over it.
Well if you ever find yourself with the urge to visit and enjoy some wilderness and intern for a day/weekend let us know.. a vacation visit might be more doable than relocating. ;)

GraniteState420

Hey Dogs I'll be posting some updates over the next few days about what's going on in the shop and with my arm, etc.. apologies for the ongoing
delays in getting pieces finished and in answering messages everything just seems to take twice as long as I expect with being down a paw.

Yes that is our intent at this point.. working hard to make it happen so stay tuned for those updates mentioned above. :cheers:

Well if you ever find yourself with the urge to visit and enjoy some wilderness and intern for a day/weekend let us know.. a vacation visit might be more doable than relocating. ;)
Hope you're feeling better Dave....any 4|20 surprises? Got the itch.....thanks

underdog

Manufacturer
Hope you're feeling better Dave....any 4|20 surprises? Got the itch.....thanks

I've been working super hard to get stuff ready for 420 but I busted something back loose in my hand and got behind schedule so
it doesn't look like I'll make it for 4/20.. but but I think I should be able to get stuff done and ready for Monday (4/25) though.

Alright I gotta get back to the salt mine I'll check back in later.. :cheers:

Adobewan

I've been working super hard to get stuff ready for 420 but I busted something back loose in my hand and got behind schedule so
it doesn't look like I'll make it for 4/20.. but but I think I should be able to get stuff done and ready for Monday (4/25) though.

Alright I gotta get back to the salt mine I'll check back in later.. :cheers:
Take care of those mitts Dave!

underdog

Manufacturer
Heya Dogs, time for an update.. :popcorn:

As I said in my last post I busted something back loose in my hand while trying to get things done in time for today and, well, yeah I
wasn't able to get things finished in time.. not even close.

The plan is now to attempt to finish things up for a Monday 4/25 release date instead. I'll be giving it my all in that
effort hand be damned so please feel free to send me some supportive thoughts to help me power thru if you can spare them.

For this upcoming 'refresh' I'll be building out every single piece that I have the parts to make, of all core types and all style. This will be
the last refresh until I can get my hand fixed which means these will be the last new Dogs available until the fall if not the rest of the year.

Epoxyemocat

Hi! Does anyone know if this plug in would work for my Underdog vapes?

JAMECO
PLUG IN class 2 transformer
Product number 10081
Model no: ACU120100
INPUT: 120VAC 60Hz 16.5W
OUTPUT: 12VAC 1000mA

Thank you!

danjens

Does the power supply you referenced have Variable Voltage with 2.1mm plug, 3-12 volts?

If so, it will work

Copied from UD site:

The power supplies we provide with our units have an American-style two-prong plug and are compatible with 100-240 volt input. If you wish to purchase a replacement power supply, or a power supply with your country's plug style, from a third party, you will be covered under warranty as long as the power supply meets the following requirements:

• Has a standard 2.1mm barrel plug
  • Is not used to provide your vape with 14v or more
In addition to these specs, we recommend you find a power supply that outputs at least 1-2 amps, so that you're not running your power supply at max capacity. Please note that you can use a 15v power supply, as long as you use it in conjunction with a dimmer or VVPS to lower the voltage being delivered to your unit to an acceptable level. For Underdogs made in 2014 or later, this is usually below 12 volts.

Our (blue box) VVPS units must be used with DC voltage, center/tip positive power supplies that output no more than 15 volts. Your power supply will also need to have a standard 2.1mm barrel connector plug and output at least 1-3 amps. The unit will only take as many amps as it needs, but it's good to have more as a buffer, so as not to run the power supply at max capacity. If running more than one Underdog at a time, you will need at least one amp per vape. ie: Two units at once would require at least a 2 amp power supply.

Epoxyemocat

Does the power supply you referenced have Variable Voltage with 2.1mm plug, 3-12 volts?

If so, it will work

Copied from UD site:

The power supplies we provide with our units have an American-style two-prong plug and are compatible with 100-240 volt input. If you wish to purchase a replacement power supply, or a power supply with your country's plug style, from a third party, you will be covered under warranty as long as the power supply meets the following requirements:

• Has a standard 2.1mm barrel plug
  • Is not used to provide your vape with 14v or more
In addition to these specs, we recommend you find a power supply that outputs at least 1-2 amps, so that you're not running your power supply at max capacity. Please note that you can use a 15v power supply, as long as you use it in conjunction with a dimmer or VVPS to lower the voltage being delivered to your unit to an acceptable level. For Underdogs made in 2014 or later, this is usually below 12 volts.

Our (blue box) VVPS units must be used with DC voltage, center/tip positive power supplies that output no more than 15 volts. Your power supply will also need to have a standard 2.1mm barrel connector plug and output at least 1-3 amps. The unit will only take as many amps as it needs, but it's good to have more as a buffer, so as not to run the power supply at max capacity. If running more than one Underdog at a time, you will need at least one amp per vape. ie: Two units at once would require at least a 2 amp power supply.
It does not have a variable voltage

Epoxyemocat,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
You don't need a variable voltage for the UD. I run mine native. The Jameco 10081 was what the PD and CRZs ran off of.

While I'm sure it's fine, Dave should be around soon to confirm or deny.

danjens

You don't need a variable voltage for the UD. I run mine native. The Jameco 10081 was what the PD and CRZs ran off of.

While I'm sure it's fine, Dave should be around soon to confirm or deny.
Good to know! Apologies Epoxy I lead you astray.
Do you just power yours with a 12v 2.1mm plug?

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
Good to know! Apologies Epoxy I lead you astray.
Do you just power yours with a 12v 2.1mm plug?
Yes. I've been using this one.

vaporculture

The older dogs run just fine on the straight power supply/wall wart listed above. The newer ones (last couple of years at least) run much hotter at lower voltages and usually need a bit of dimming in order to function properly. You can achieve this with a DC dimmer in between the power supply and the dog, or by adding a series of extension cords, or by using a VVPS.

underdog

Manufacturer

JAMECO
PLUG IN class 2 transformer
Product number 10081
Model no: ACU120100
INPUT: 120VAC 60Hz 16.5W
OUTPUT: 12VAC 1000mA

Thank you!

The older dogs run just fine on the straight power supply/wall wart listed above. The newer ones (last couple of years at least) run much hotter at lower voltages and usually need a bit of dimming in order to function properly. You can achieve this with a DC dimmer in between the power supply and the dog, or by adding a series of extension cords, or by using a VVPS.

Unless they are all very old vapes you'll definitely need a VVPS as 12v will be way into combustion range so no I wouldn't recommend it. The model suggested by @danjens would be good and is the type we include with the kit. 👍🏼

@vaporculture - exactly, well put. 🍻

Last edited by a moderator:

eideal852

Unless they are all very old vapes you'll definitely need a VVPS as 12v will be way into combustion range so no I wouldn't recommend it. The model suggested by @danjens would be good and is the type we include with the kit. 👍🏼

@vaporculture - exactly, well put. 🍻
I trust you the most, but I use mine most often with just a 12v supply, Ive a walnut and a bubinga and i cant combust on either...

4everpushingaboulder

Heya Dogs, time for an update.. :popcorn:

As I said in my last post I busted something back loose in my hand while trying to get things done in time for today and, well, yeah I
wasn't able to get things finished in time.. not even close.

The plan is now to attempt to finish things up for a Monday 4/25 release date instead. I'll be giving it my all in that
effort hand be damned so please feel free to send me some supportive thoughts to help me power thru if you can spare them.

For this upcoming 'refresh' I'll be building out every single piece that I have the parts to make, of all core types and all style. This will be
the last refresh until I can get my hand fixed which means these will be the last new Dogs available until the fall if not the rest of the year.
Hey buddy hope the long delay doesn’t mean your hand is giving you more trouble. Anxiously hitting refresh daily hoping to get in on the last drop for a while.

Good supportive thoughts from FC land.

Top Bottom