• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Underdog Log Vapes

mysterion

The Vaporizer Avenger
Do I need a SC3?

Nano would not make a pimple on a Alpha Dogs ass............that's what.
I own 3 nanos just in case you're wondering.
😁
That’s why I love this place! Ask the right questions to the right people!

I lIke how all of a sudden you ask if you need an SC3 now.... made me laugh.

Just gotta see about my actual options with Dave and Amanda. Seems like an SC3+ could be an alpha heater with the SC3 bowl?

mysterion,
  • Haha
Reactions: arb

arb

Semi shaved ape
That’s why I love this place! Ask the right questions to the right people!

I lIke how all of a sudden you ask if you need an SC3 now.... made me laugh.

Just gotta see about my actual options with Dave and Amanda. Seems like an SC3+ could be an alpha heater with the SC3 bowl?
I may have an SC3 we have a couple other dogs but they are from prior to the fire.

arb,

Morty

PXL-20201103-040237748.jpg
PXL-20201104-194850854.jpg

Holy Shit! It's the homewrecker! I wouldn't feel comfortable vaping from that thang w/o a prophylactic. God only knows whose mouth that's been in!

TeeJay1952

Hulkette doesn't just break UDog glass. She was helping by dusting and big butt nocked pole lamp into TV.
Intent is no guarantee of outcome!
and All Glass Breaks Eventually.

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Hey Dogs, hope you're all doing well out there. We're getting tons of questions about vape core options (thanks for that @arb) so I thought I'd update the thread with some basics about the current options. Prices include the vape, full kit (adjustable power supply, 3 stems, etc) and Priority shipping in the USA. International shipping is available to select countries (see website or contact us) for an additional fee.

The SC3 (Standard Core Mk3) is our standard production core and is compatible with stems from our early Standard Cores (Classic, SC1 and SC3). Performance has increased with each generation and this is an excellent option for microdosing with the Nylon Direct Draw, SS Lite and NonGs as well as larger hits with the Glass Direct Draw and GonG stems. If you can allow the vape 10-30 seconds to recover heat between hits this core should have all the power most users need. This core has the most flexibility in wood species and design shapes and is also our lowest price offering with a base price of $255. The price increases with exotic or rare woods and/or particularly complex designs. This is the Underdog we recommend for most users and/or new members of the pack.

The Alpha is a larger core that was originally based on the SC2 and upsized to a larger diameter and higher mass. This design was updated during the early days of our recovery from the Camp Fire (link) with improvements from the SC3. That improved design was then modified based on feedback from our beta testers and the early adopter community into the current not-quite-production version. This latest/modified version has an airpath that's twice the length of previous versions and offers significant increases in performance as a result and doesn't have need of recovery time between hits (for most users). The Alpha uses completely different stems than the Standard Core series of vapes and they are not cross-core compatible. Base price for an off-the-shelf Alpha (when available) is $350. Custom Alphas will run between $400-$500 based on rarity of the wood and complexity of the design.. because of the increased size of the core wood and design options are limited compared to the SC3.

The SC3+ is another not-quite-production yet offering and is an SC3 core that has been modified with the longer style airpath of the Alpha to produce a performance version of the SC3 core. This combines most of the performance of the Alpha with the stem compatibility and design flexibility of the SC3 in a price point that falls between the two. Base price of the SC3+ is $295. This is a good option for power users who want to avoid the cost or different stem ecosystem of the Alpha but want the extra performance kick.

We'll have more information on things as they slowly become standard production items but until then they'll be available as customs and sporadically on the website as off-the-shelf vapes. We weren't planning on releasing these for a while yet but there has been a big demand for info and vapes so we're trying to accelerate the process and also give you all some info to chew on.

:peace: :rockon:

KidFated.

Unknown Member
I love the long stainless stems, I’ve found that I can get pretty chopped by barely covering the screen and getting one good rip and then I’m good for around 3-4 hours.

ETA-yeah I’m a lightweight now. But it’s not a bad thing.

Last edited:

arb

Semi shaved ape
Hey Dogs, hope you're all doing well out there. We're getting tons of questions about vape core options (thanks for that @arb) so I thought I'd update the thread with some basics about the current options. Prices include the vape, full kit (adjustable power supply, 3 stems, etc) and Priority shipping in the USA. International shipping is available to select countries (see website or contact us) for an additional fee.

The SC3 (Standard Core Mk3) is our standard production core and is compatible with stems from our early Standard Cores (Classic, SC1 and SC3). Performance has increased with each generation and this is an excellent option for microdosing with the Nylon Direct Draw, SS Lite and NonGs as well as larger hits with the Glass Direct Draw and GonG stems. If you can allow the vape 10-30 seconds to recover heat between hits this core should have all the power most users need. This core has the most flexibility in wood species and design shapes and is also our lowest price offering with a base price of $255. The price increases with exotic or rare woods and/or particularly complex designs. This is the Underdog we recommend for most users and/or new members of the pack.

The Alpha is a larger core that was originally based on the SC2 and upsized to a larger diameter and higher mass. This design was updated during the early days of our recovery from the Camp Fire (link) with improvements from the SC3. That improved design was then modified based on feedback from our beta testers and the early adopter community into the current not-quite-production version. This latest/modified version has an airpath that's twice the length of previous versions and offers significant increases in performance as a result and doesn't have need of recovery time between hits (for most users). The Alpha uses completely different stems than the Standard Core series of vapes and they are not cross-core compatible. Base price for an off-the-shelf Alpha (when available) is $350. Custom Alphas will run between $400-$500 based on rarity of the wood and complexity of the design.. because of the increased size of the core wood and design options are limited compared to the SC3.

The SC3+ is another not-quite-production yet offering and is an SC3 core that has been modified with the longer style airpath of the Alpha to produce a performance version of the SC3 core. This combines most of the performance of the Alpha with the stem compatibility and design flexibility of the SC3 in a price point that falls between the two. Base price of the SC3+ is $295. This is a good option for power users who want to avoid the cost or different stem ecosystem of the Alpha but want the extra performance kick.

We'll have more information on things as they slowly become standard production items but until then they'll be available as customs and sporadically on the website as off-the-shelf vapes. We weren't planning on releasing these for a while yet but there has been a big demand for info and vapes so we're trying to accelerate the process and also give you all some info to chew on.

I haven't even had a chance to whip"it"out in public yet Dave...........gonna get busier soon I suspect.
😂

mysterion

The Vaporizer Avenger

Thank you for that fantastic explanation of everything! 🤠

Vapefanatic

Great explanation. Can't wait for one!

Lobby

I am thinking an Alpha Dog would work best for me. Today it took 4 Dynavaps Full of CBD flower on my current log to kill my migraine. I’d rather just load once and be done. When do you think these other cores will be available?

SquirrelMaster

I am thinking an Alpha Dog would work best for me. Today it took 4 Dynavaps Full of CBD flower on my current log to kill my migraine. I’d rather just load once and be done. When do you think these other cores will be available?
If you really want one I'd start a custom order. If you're set on a certain wood (like myself) it might take them a bit to source something because of the larger block required so at least it gets the ball rolling.

SquirrelMaster,

SquirrelMaster

I read that too. Sounded like it's not quite in production? I assume that those that have them were from earlier testers?
It's not as readily available as the SC3, at least not yet. Testers or custom units, I thought @arb had a custom. I started a custom but there's isn't a block yet to start my device. I'm looking for something specific (amboyna burl slammed with eyes :)

Vapefanatic

It's not as readily available as the SC3, at least not yet. Testers or custom units, I thought @arb had a custom. I started a custom but there's isn't a block yet to start my device. I'm looking for something specific (amboyna burl slammed with eyes :)

You'll have to get in touch with Dave to place a custom order if you want one. They're not regularly being made as inventory but made on a special request type order.
Thanks so much. Dumb me thought it has to be announced first. I don't have any Underdogs yet so am not worried about inter compatibility. Which is why I'm leaning towards Alpha. Lucky for me as well, I really have zero preference on the wood or finish. It really does not bother me a bit. I'd just go for whichever is more durable. When I go to sites that gives a ton of choices, all I see is light or darker colored wood LOL.

With the larger core of the Alpha, can it compare to the heavies?

Vapefanatic,

Lobby

If you really want one I'd start a custom order. If you're set on a certain wood (like myself) it might take them a bit to source something because of the larger block required so at least it gets the ball rolling.
I will do that. As far as wood choices I don't have the budget for any exotic wood. Of couse I would love a piece with lots of burls or the like, but SWMBO would have a heart attack. She Who Must Be Obeyed will approve of what I want ... within reason. Her reason being the deciding factor.

Top Bottom