Underdog Log Vapes

GoldenBud

Alphas you say........nice.
I think the o-rings are not needed but I have used it so long without it may be I dislike change.
Maybe a slightly better seal but then the unit sits up higher and feels a little wobbly.
Without it it has a rock solid connection you can wave it around and it ain't going nowhere.
Safest heavy hitter to use I know of...........safety first.
💨
which stems you recommend? thinkin about this piece..........

GoldenBud,
Reactions: arb

JESUSgotNAILED

Alright the sale is live... enjoy!

Fancier pieces coming in next week so stay tuned. :cheers:

Woohoo!!! F5 season has begun for me then! I was kinda intimidated by the number of wood choices for customs these days to be honest :lol: And I was planning on trying out the SC3+ model this time around but if a fancy standard core hot looker pops up I am pulling the trigger fo SHO!

SquirrelMaster

I was kinda intimidated by the number of wood choices for customs these days to be honest :lol:

You need to make a hit list of wood species and vapes and then they'll feed off of each other. There's so much variety even in each species that once you get the ones you really want you may want to go back for more anyways. An amboyna burl is a perfect example to me with some nice red heartwood, a lighter sapwood or even a combination of the two. If it's full of eyes oh man do I get excited! I tend to favour the exotics right now but I'll probably hit a point where I'll think "I need some cherry in my life". Plus some woods age differently over time as they react with light, air and heat. That could be more of a reason to pick up a wood that changes noticeably so you'll have it longer and get to watch it change sooner. My wallet is limited like most people so I just check them off the list one at a time. Here's a good link with a video that shows some changes to wood over time https://thewoodwhisperer.com/videos/a-colorful-conversation/

JESUSgotNAILED

I'll check out that video, thanks! And I totally agree with what you said. My first was a spalted hackberry from 4 years and 4 months ago, and it has darkened quite a bit overtime. But it's been on 24/7 and was probably running a bit too hot before I bought a VVPS for it. Still gorgeous though!

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Wondering if the discount is going to include custom pieces, or, is it best to wait to see why they put up for available SC3+ or Alphas....

No discount on Alphas or SC3+ units this year, we just don't have enough production to do that. Customs for both are also on hold for the next couple months while I dig out of our production hole so availability will just be whatever hits the website unfortunately. :peace::2c:

Ripstar

No discount on Alphas or SC3+ units this year, we just don't have enough production to do that. Customs for both are also on hold for the next couple months while I dig out of our production hole so availability will just be whatever hits the website unfortunately. :peace::2c:
No worries! I hope you guys are getting back to semi-normal life after everything. I would gladly pay full price for anyway!

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
I saw and was too late. I must have looked right before here posted them. Story of my life Haha. You going to buy the matching set haha?

JESUSgotNAILED

I had a website-monitoring Chrome extension checking the site and the forums on all week hoping to snag somethin and I still was too late to get anything in stock last night. Feelsbadman

Edit - Grats to everyone who got one tho!

Last edited:

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker

Sweet little alpha dog on there now. @arb guess who has a used alpha dog on the way?
I'm looking at it. Showed the wife. She's still on the fence for new price. Might have to go to classifieds.

arb

Semi shaved ape

Sweet little alpha dog on there now. @arb guess who has a used alpha dog on the way?
I am shocked anyone parted with one!
Nice score what did you get?

underdog

Manufacturer

Post a pic if you can/want.. I'm curious if it's a recent production piece or a test unit from last year.. either way though congrats. :cheers:

I had a website-monitoring Chrome extension checking the site and the forums on all week hoping to snag somethin and I still was too late to get anything in stock last night. Feelsbadman

Edit - Grats to everyone who got one tho!

Dang it, sorry dude. I have more I'm readying for this coming weekend too.. we didn't end up getting as many finished as I'd hoped for this week.

underdog

Manufacturer
Ah ok.. it could be a tester then or a very, very early piece that bordered between testing and production.

If you get a pic of it that shows the top of the core and the plug side of the body let me know and I can probably tell you more.

You also might consider sending it in and having me check it out and update it to the most current standards we're using since quite a bit changed over the past year from a performance standpoint. :2c:

MikeRotchHertz

Ah ok.. it could be a tester then or a very, very early piece that bordered between testing and production.

If you get a pic of it that shows the top of the core and the plug side of the body let me know and I can probably tell you more.

You also might consider sending it in and having me check it out and update it to the most current standards we're using since quite a bit changed over the past year from a performance standpoint. :2c:
Ok i will get you a picture. You better believe I'm going to be sending it in for a tuneup 🙂

Is there any plan to have a SS alpha in the future? That's my favorite stem for the standard

underdog

Manufacturer
Ok i will get you a picture. You better believe I'm going to be sending it in for a tuneup 🙂

Is there any plan to have a SS alpha in the future? That's my favorite stem for the standard

Haha sounds good!

Yeah there will be a SS stem for the Alpha.. both a Nylon handled one and possibly a solid SS one like the 'Lite' stem for regular core Dogs. We've actually already made both we're just out and haven't had the shop time to make more yet. :tup:

MikeRotchHertz

Haha sounds good!

Yeah there will be a SS stem for the Alpha.. both a Nylon handled one and possibly a solid SS one like the 'Lite' stem for regular core Dogs. We've actually already made both we're just out and haven't had the shop time to make more yet. :tup:
Hot damn that's exciting! Just got some pics and the stems look gigantic so it has to be an alpha. I'll PM you the pic of the heater.

vapeit11

Forgive me if this has been answered already, but what are the differences between the different heating elements (SC3, SC3+)? I am highly considering either one of these vapes or an e-nano, and the heating elements seem to be one key difference (stainless steel vs ceramic), so I was just curious.

Top Bottom