• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Underdog Log Vapes

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Heya Dogs, things are slowly coming together here in Underdogland.. not as fast as we like but (just) fast enough to keep us from completely losing our minds. The freight gods delivered unto us one of the last big pieces of equipment the shop had been waiting on... a largish jointer!

Not terribly helpful for the turning of Dogs itself a jointer enables us to do fancy gluelams and other creative multi-species work and is a real help in processing some of our species of wood that we mill on the bandsaw. :tup:
2lcba8l.jpg

Now I've had some time to use, I'm super happy with my Underdog, it's a strong improvement on my original Purple Days in every way.

-Small size much better for vapor bonging.
-Plug is secure, this was my pet peeve with the PD.
-NonG works perfect, I don't use any other stems.
-VVPS is so much better than a set voltage, I love having full control.
-Heat up time is amazing for a log, works in 5 minutes, full clouds in 10 minutes.
-Great bowl size (I use 0.05g).

For a log, I have to give it 10/10. Thank you (and the other log makers) for filling the hole in the market that Purple Days left.

Awesome @Chubba so glad to hear your Dog has settled in and is being well behaved. Thanks for listing out improvements over classic Logs too, that kind of info is super helpful to people out there just starting to research Log Vapes on their own. :cheers:

i can’t wait for my fyt underdog!

Soon come my dude, soon come.

underdog

Manufacturer
Feeling a bit overloaded today with an unanticipated rainstorm keeping me in the office. Fortunately an Underdog always finds a way to persevere. I suspect I'm not the only one who occasionally feels overloaded like this? :freak::tinfoil::borg:
o0c56t.jpg

i am definitely not rushing you! i know to be done correctly the process takes time ... i am glad to see progress being made for you guys on getting your business put back together! that’s awesome

No worries dude I didn't feel like you were rushing or anything.. I'm excited waiting for them too. Every day in the shop I go stand and look at them sitting there slowly drying out lol.

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
Feeling a bit overloaded today with an unanticipated rainstorm keeping me in the office. Fortunately an Underdog always finds a way to persevere. I suspect I'm not the only one who occasionally feels overloaded like this? :freak::tinfoil::borg:
o0c56t.jpg

No worries dude I didn't feel like you were rushing or anything.. I'm excited waiting for them too. Every day in the shop I go stand and look at them sitting there slowly drying out lol.
:rockon:Nice looks like a little mad scientist going on there.:science: what is that a induction heater there.:sherlock: nice carts and stand:D

VapeNugs

Hey guys, I just got my Underdog in last Friday and so far am enjoying it pretty well.

Before this I mostly used a Stickybrick Jr. I mostly got an UD because I wanted a Stickybrick sort of experience, but a more reliable heat source (ceiling fans are annoying with the torch). I'm sure there is an adjustment period but I am having trouble really getting good hits. It may be my grind (which isn't super fine or anything) but the airflow seems a bit lacking, which makes it hard to get a full hit. I am kind of guessing on my temp setting but I let it warm up for 10-15 mins on 12, then dial it back to 9.5-10.5 and take a slow but steady draw (limited airflow>).

Thanks! The device itself is beautiful and very well made.

EDIT: I'm an idiot and didn't really try to draw on the stem without it being in the vape. It is indeed pretty restricted just with material. I am holding it kind of horizontal when using it with the dog and then upright in a cup so it doesn't get knocked over.

VapeNugs

I have been using the thick glass stem, and the stainless one. Both of these use a screen. I wish I had gotten a stem without a screen and instead just glass with holes. I also have a 14mm adapter but no glass yet to use it with.

I definitely do see some clouds but I do not really get the feeling of a big hit if you know what I mean.

underdog

Manufacturer
Hey guys, I just got my Underdog in last Friday and so far am enjoying it pretty well.

Before this I mostly used a Stickybrick Jr. I mostly got an UD because I wanted a Stickybrick sort of experience, but a more reliable heat source (ceiling fans are annoying with the torch). I'm sure there is an adjustment period but I am having trouble really getting good hits. It may be my grind (which isn't super fine or anything) but the airflow seems a bit lacking, which makes it hard to get a full hit. I am kind of guessing on my temp setting but I let it warm up for 10-15 mins on 12, then dial it back to 9.5-10.5 and take a slow but steady draw (limited airflow>).

Thanks! The device itself is beautiful and very well made.

EDIT: I'm an idiot and didn't really try to draw on the stem without it being in the vape. It is indeed pretty restricted just with material. I am holding it kind of horizontal when using it with the dog and then upright in a cup so it doesn't get knocked over.

I have been using the thick glass stem, and the stainless one. Both of these use a screen. I wish I had gotten a stem without a screen and instead just glass with holes. I also have a 14mm adapter but no glass yet to use it with.

I definitely do see some clouds but I do not really get the feeling of a big hit if you know what I mean.

Heya VapeNugs welcome to the Dog Pack.

From what you describe it sounds like the core isn't heat saturated enough when you start or your temp/voltage is just a bit too low. I'd recommend just doing to warmup at 11v for 15 minutes then trying your stem. You might also have more herb in the stem than needed which will cause a drop off in performance.. it's a bit counter intuitive. I'm basing that statement on your comments about the restricted airflow and the lack of hit strength.. 90% of the time it's a voltage level, heatup time, or stem grind/packing/quantity issue.

So try a heat up at 11v for 15 and try a bit less herb in the stem and less packed if you're packing it down and see what results you get and what color your ABV is. Let us know how that goes and we'll get things squared for you. :cheers:

VapeNugs

Heya VapeNugs welcome to the Dog Pack.

From what you describe it sounds like the core isn't heat saturated enough when you start or your temp/voltage is just a bit too low. I'd recommend just doing to warmup at 11v for 15 minutes then trying your stem. You might also have more herb in the stem than needed which will cause a drop off in performance.. it's a bit counter intuitive. I'm basing that statement on your comments about the restricted airflow and the lack of hit strength.. 90% of the time it's a voltage level, heatup time, or stem grind/packing/quantity issue.

So try a heat up at 11v for 15 and try a bit less herb in the stem and less packed if you're packing it down and see what results you get and what color your ABV is. Let us know how that goes and we'll get things squared for you. :cheers:

Hey! I just tried loading about half the amount and leaving it 11 (I had been doing more like 9.5 to 10.5 for fear of combustion), and am having great success. Such a little amount sure seems to go a long way! So cool getting advice from the creator, keep up the good work.

This thing is like the ultimate combo of my progression: Arizer Air -> Sticky Brick Jr -> Underdog. I still see a place for the Brick, its a great device but the Air is seeing little purpose.

underdog

Manufacturer
Hey! I just tried loading about half the amount and leaving it 11 (I had been doing more like 9.5 to 10.5 for fear of combustion), and am having great success. Such a little amount sure seems to go a long way! So cool getting advice from the creator, keep up the good work.

This thing is like the ultimate combo of my progression: Arizer Air -> Sticky Brick Jr -> Underdog. I still see a place for the Brick, its a great device but the Air is seeing little purpose.

Dude that's awesome, just what we like to hear!

Thanks for posting and letting us know. You can always contact us here, on Instagram or directly thru our website for any questions and issues you need help with... we're here, available and ready to help. :cheers:

Drops

Vaporist
The new pup got home today, she is even more sexy looking in person. The "Hourglass" pattern in the grain reminds me of my wife. :brow: I didn't time it but the new core sure seemed to heat up fairly quick. Also being a little large it fits nicer in my hand.. like it was made to fit. Great job!! :tup:

Edit: Just wanted to add that I really like the voltage control. Last year when vaping on my solar setup while camping in the national forest I kept getting ignition when I would vape if the sun was up being it goes up over 14v when charging with the solar.

warren0728

I'm sure this is a basic question but what does FYT mean? Hoping to join the dog pack at some point.

the fyt tree is a tree that caught on fire during the horrible 2018 Paradise Camp Fire (where underdog was located) and fell on to their the car and travel trailer. they are going to make a custom run of underdogs using the wood from that tree. i believe it is currently in a drying stage.

hopefully @underdog or @underdogette will chime in if i got the details wrong!

underdog

Manufacturer
I'm sure this is a basic question but what does FYT mean? Hoping to join the dog pack at some point.

@warren0728 nailed it with his answer. We'd be thrilled to have you join the Pack someday and a FYT vape would certainly be an epic way of doing so! :cheers: Oh, I'll add the FYT video to the end of this post too while I'm here.

the fyt tree is a tree that caught on fire during the horrible 2018 Paradise Camp Fire (where underdog was located) and fell on to their the car and travel trailer. they are going to make a custom run of underdogs using the wood from that tree. i believe it is currently in a drying stage.

Thanks dude your answer was spot on! FC community for the win as usual. :borg:

flammy

@warren0728 nailed it with his answer. We'd be thrilled to have you join the Pack someday and a FYT vape would certainly be an epic way of doing so! :cheers: Oh, I'll add the FYT video to the end of this post too while I'm here.

Thanks dude your answer was spot on! FC community for the win as usual. :borg:

Thanks for the explanation and sorry for the ignorant question. I am aware that you all were unfortunately caught up the Paradise fire but I couldn't connect the acronym to the event.

The acronym FYT is becoming so much more clear to me now....admittedly it took a few seconds but I get it. LOL.

P.S. more pup pics coming this weekend...IG

underdog

Manufacturer
Good morning Dogs, hope this Monday is treating you all gently out there! :cool:

Thanks for the explanation and sorry for the ignorant question. I am aware that you all were unfortunately caught up the Paradise fire but I couldn't connect the acronym to the event.

The acronym FYT is becoming so much more clear to me now....admittedly it took a few seconds but I get it. LOL.

P.S. more pup pics coming this weekend...IG

Always happy to explain or answer any questions!

Yay, Pup pics! :cheers:

mucsusn

60 going on 20
I've been super busy with work and travel, so haven't busted out a Dog in a few months. Having a stay at home Monday and plugged in one of my Dogs...a nice multi shaded Wild Gum. Dialed in at 10.5 volts and using my exotic wood stems with stainless stem insert. Fine way to stay medicated in the mancave!

flammy

I just joined the pack with a figured walnut that I picked up on Entexchange! I've had it for the entirety of the weekend and I'm really enjoying it. Even though mine came with the travel VVPS (along with nylon, glass and ss stems), I'm using Ed's since it's already hooked up. Dialed in at around 10.5 or so. Surprised at how little power this needs and hot it gets just by going past 11. Body doesn't ever seem to get overly warm at this voltage.

I started with the nylon stem (with and without a water piece...I have a vid but can't get tiny pic to upload) and now exclusively use it with the glass stem albeit with a minor adjustment. I placed 20 6mm glass beads into the stem. Cut and formed a conical screen to go in the other end of the stem (left side of stem). Easiest way to create conical screen is to wrap and bend the flat screen around the tip of a pen or something similar. The conical screen acts as a plug for the beads and also creates a larger bowl on one end of the stem if you want a larger load for the session. This adjustment cost me maybe $2 and it works really well. Very cool and tasty vapor. Nice to have a larger bowl at times although this works really well with very little too. With the vapor as cool as it is, it allows for longer slow temp draws without drying out the throat as quickly. I highly recommend for folks with the glass stem to give this a try.

fnb6g8.jpg

I will still get one from you guys directly at some point but couldn't help myself when this became available. Only thing that I would change is the power supply and associated cords. They seem a little thin and susceptible to quicker to wear/tear. That said, its a very minor gripe and since it is a desktop the cords shouldn't get jostled around too much anyways. Look forward to seeing you guys up and running again soon. Might need a nice little micro dog to join my pack!

mucsusn

60 going on 20
Tell you a little secret....get a month or so of everyday use on that stem, then drop those balls (take it to the out of context thread already) into some whole milk and bring it to a near boil simmer....add some cocoa and have an evening of great contemplation....

underdog

Manufacturer
I've been super busy with work and travel, so haven't busted out a Dog in a few months. Having a stay at home Monday and plugged in one of my Dogs...a nice multi shaded Wild Gum. Dialed in at 10.5 volts and using my exotic wood stems with stainless stem insert. Fine way to stay medicated in the mancave!

Heya man long time no see.. hope you've been doing well. Glad to hear you're still rocking a Dog even if not for a few months. They're pretty low maintenance but do need some periodic love. :tup:

I just joined the pack with a figured walnut that I picked up on Entexchange! I've had it for the entirety of the weekend and I'm really enjoying it. Even though mine came with the travel VVPS (along with nylon, glass and ss stems), I'm using Ed's since it's already hooked up. Dialed in at around 10.5 or so. Surprised at how little power this needs and hot it gets just by going past 11. Body doesn't ever seem to get overly warm at this voltage.

I started with the nylon stem (with and without a water piece...I have a vid but can't get tiny pic to upload) and now exclusively use it with the glass stem albeit with a minor adjustment. I placed 20 6mm glass beads into the stem. Cut and formed a conical screen to go in the other end of the stem (left side of stem). Easiest way to create conical screen is to wrap and bend the flat screen around the tip of a pen or something similar. The conical screen acts as a plug for the beads and also creates a larger bowl on one end of the stem if you want a larger load for the session. This adjustment cost me maybe $2 and it works really well. Very cool and tasty vapor. Nice to have a larger bowl at times although this works really well with very little too. With the vapor as cool as it is, it allows for longer slow temp draws without drying out the throat as quickly. I highly recommend for folks with the glass stem to give this a try.

fnb6g8.jpg

I will still get one from you guys directly at some point but couldn't help myself when this became available. Only thing that I would change is the power supply and associated cords. They seem a little thin and susceptible to quicker to wear/tear. That said, its a very minor gripe and since it is a desktop the cords shouldn't get jostled around too much anyways. Look forward to seeing you guys up and running again soon. Might need a nice little micro dog to join my pack!

Thanks for posting @flammy , welcome to the Pack/family! Hope you enjoy the Pup, let us know (here or elsewhere like IG) if you need anything but judging by your customized stem it looks like you've got things well in hand. :cheers: Pretty neat by the way, maybe once we're back to full production we can add an option like that.

Tell you a little secret....get a month or so of everyday use on that stem, then drop those balls (take it to the out of context thread already) into some whole milk and bring it to a near boil simmer....add some cocoa and have an evening of great contemplation....

That's what I thought when I saw the stem too. I like to call those cups of magic hot chocolate 'mind erasers'. :brow:

Top Bottom