• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Underdog Log Vapes

blokenoname

DIY Log Dabbler 😁🪵💪💨💨💨
Just draw a bit faster then. The draw speed micro manages temps. Ye slower you draw, ye less air passes the heater, which has less work to do then, heating up the air more efficiantly. Hotter and denser vapor is the result. Draw faster and more air passes the heater, which has more work to do then, resulting in less hot and slightly less dense vapor

Also make sure, to keep the screens in the stems and N/Gongs clean. Gunked up screens hinder air flow and lead to overheating, which might result in combustion (same as drawing too slow).

You can insert a tip completely, BTW. Front end of an ss tip will only ever rest on the crimp in the heating tube, and there is also an internal air gap between the heater and the debris screen, sitting above it. So there's no way, the load can touch the heater itself.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Just draw a bit faster then. The draw speed micro manages temps. Ye slower you draw, ye less air passes the heater, which has less work to do then, heating up the air more efficiantly. Hotter and denser vapor is the result. Draw faster and more air passes the heater, which has more work to do then, resulting in less hot and slightly less dense vapor

Also make sure, to keep the screens in the stems and N/Gongs clean. Gunked up screens hinder air flow and lead to overheating, which might result in combustion (same as drawing too slow).

You can insert a tip completely, BTW. Front end of an ss tip will only ever rest on the crimp in the heating tube, and there is also an internal air gap between the heater and the debris screen, sitting above it. So there's no way, the load can touch the heater itself.
I would just add to this to make sure you pack it loosely so air can flow.Tamping it a down will bring similar issues due to the retarded airflow ,as described in the post above.

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Hey everyone, nice to hear everyone is having a good time with their Dogs!

It's been busy for us, new machinery coming in on a regular basis and working hard to set up the new shop space between deliveries. Next week we should be up and processing wood for blanks again and in 2-3 more weeks we'll be operational enough to start the core redesign.

Outside of the shop we're all settling in nicely. Our 'new' town is a tiny little place with only 2,000 people but they've welcomed us everywhere we've gone and the area is beautiful.

Our friend up here who took us in, gave us shop space and a bed to sleep in also rescued a pup from the local adoption place over the holidays so now we have a dog in the house again which is always fun. His name is Grizwald (Griz for short) and he's a Daniff (Great Dane x Mastiff mix) lovebug. Seriously, I call this 145lb guy a velcro-dog since you can't seem to get him off you. He always wants loves and snuggles and thinks he's a lap dog. Anything you do he wants to be a part of. He's even taken to trying to sing along when Amanda plays her guitar so she made him his own song. :rofl::love:

Last edited:

purplegrass

it also helps to take the stem out of the underdog right after you finish your rip (infact, keep inhaling for a second after you take it out). When I was a noob, I kept the stem on the whole time I exhaled then took another draw. Same goes before your first hit, you can either hold the stem in for a few seconds (which will get things hotter), or draw immediately (less hot)

Also, if you have the dial thingy, I have used it on 9 and I could still get the material to come out almost black, if I inhaled slowly enough and left the stem on the heater for a few seconds before drawing.

Its super easy to use, but also you can spend a lot of time experimenting and getting different results. I felt like a scientist lol:science: (and the Guinee pig:rip:)

underdog

Manufacturer
Hey Dogs, when we get back up and running I'm going to be making a few limited runs of Pups in materials we don't use regularly any more.

I'm trying to get an idea of how much material I'll need to get so if you're interested in any of the below please let Underdogette know so she can put you on the list. No commitment of course we're just trying to get an idea of volume.

The 'Fuck You' Tree (glows under black light too)
Paduak
Banksia Pod (PodDogs!)
Bamboo
Purpleheart (still prone to heat cracking)

If you'd be interested in any of the above please let Underdogette know. We won't be making them for 2-3 months but I'm starting material prep soon.

:cheers:

Drops

Vaporist
Sorry to hear about the fire, went to order from your site and saw what happened when I got there.

I wanted to place an order for a new vape from one of the of the ones that say in stock still on your website and wanted to make sure they still are.

Last edited:

underdog

Manufacturer
Sorry to hear about the fire, went to order from your site and saw what happened when I got there.

I wanted to place an order for a new vape from one of the of the ones that say in stock still on your website and wanted to make sure they still are.

Hi Drops, thanks we're just starting to get the shop up and running again after the fire.. it's been a lot of work but we're making good progress thanks to support of the community to help us get back on our feet.

To answer you question, yes everything on the website is in stock and ready to ship. Thankfully all the website inventory was at our shipping office and not the shop.

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
Hey Dogs, when we get back up and running I'm going to be making a few limited runs of Pups in materials we don't use regularly any more.

I'm trying to get an idea of how much material I'll need to get so if you're interested in any of the below please let Underdogette know so she can put you on the list. No commitment of course we're just trying to get an idea of volume.

The 'Fuck You' Tree (glows under black light too)
Paduak
Banksia Pod (PodDogs!)
Bamboo
Purpleheart (still prone to heat cracking)

If you'd be interested in any of the above please let Underdogette know. We won't be making them for 2-3 months but I'm starting material prep soon.

:cheers:
@underdogette - I'm in for a FYT dog. Curious if there will be multiple shapes or will they all be in the shape of a middle finger? :)

underdog

Manufacturer
@underdogette could you please put me on the list for a FYT log.

I don’t think Underdog has ever offered a bamboo log? Sounds interesting. Would the outside have be turned or left natural?

I've made them in batches for most of the time we've been making Dogs.

They're made of bamboo lumber which is split bamboo stalks that are split and stacked in molds then pressed together under high heat and many tons of force until it all bakes into a solid piece. Just like the bamboo dishes, plates, bowls and utensils you find in kitchens these days.

I did make a couple out of single pieces of bamboo (ie, a section of stalk) but I much prefer the thicker lumber'ier ones so have stuck with that. :cheers:

Here are the (non-custom) ones we've made since the last website rebuild: https://underdogvapes.com/index.php?route=product/search&search=bamboo

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
Quick yearly update on my Maple twig. It's been on for more than 5 years now with 24/7 usage (minus two weeks or so). The core became loose around year 4. It still functions as a champ. Still running strong loose core and all. I have been using it to see how long it can go before finally giving up the ghost.

Since it has been my daily driver, my beautiful walnut UD has been stored in the closet since last x-mas. I finally broke it out to give it a go for a few days. Wonderful. The new core definitely runs hotter than the older ones. It's very hot towards the top. Works perfectly though. I prefer the higher temps.

I'll be going back to the Maple twig soon. I'm betting it goes another year at least.

TheSaddestShitIsImBadAsIt

Last edited:
TheSaddestShitIsImBadAsIt,
Reactions: underdog
Top Bottom