Underdog Log Vapes

underdogette

one in a billion
Company Rep
Not silly at all--those trees have mystique. I've seen a whole group of mountain bikers reel it in on the downhill just to stop and admire an individual madrone asserting itself in a mono-culture of Doug fir.

I was a little hesitant because this one is a "shorty", and I didn't know if that would mean anything in terms of performance, but the pictures of that beautiful birdseye pattern sold me. I was particularly intrigued by a little imperfection, some bit of mineral or bacteria in the grain, that looked like a little black flame. In person it's even cooler than I thought, almost like an intentional maker's mark.

46587598881_6ed19b1f3c_n.jpg

Of course, I still don't know if it performs any differently than a standard height, but I don't care--this little thing rips. For over a decade, a Silver Surfer has been my daily driver. I haven't used it in two weeks, since the Underdog arrived--but I have filled a muslin bag with ABV in that time.

I'm psyched about every aspect of this purchase. I ordered it on a Sunday, it shipped that Monday, and it arrived the next day (I'm in Oregon). Even the unboxing--which I usually find an act of marketing manipulation--was a joy. Instead of over-engineered presentation, each component and accessory was carefully, lovingly hand-wrapped. It was like receiving a gift, not buying an iPhone.

And what a gift it is. Not only does it perform well enough to be my new daily driver (I'm sure I'll get back to the SSV eventually, but it will have to share the limelight), but it is miles-away the most aesthetically satisfying vape I own.

I'm also a big fan of La Croix fizzy water, but I though I'd include my own can comparison, just to show my little dog has found a happy home.

45863404764_16f4853988.jpg

Thank you so much for your thoughts on the packaging. We sometimes struggle with the decision to stick with our recycled brown paper packaging, or to go with an engineered, designed, packaging. So far, we've always decided to go with our conscience, as we don't like to create waste whenever possible, and we like the product to speak for itself, not marketing dazzle.

:luv:

Welcome to the Underdog Pack! I'm glad to hear you're loving your pup.

Gigsabits53

Not silly at all--those trees have mystique. I've seen a whole group of mountain bikers reel it in on the downhill just to stop and admire an individual madrone asserting itself in a mono-culture of Doug fir.

I was a little hesitant because this one is a "shorty", and I didn't know if that would mean anything in terms of performance, but the pictures of that beautiful birdseye pattern sold me. I was particularly intrigued by a little imperfection, some bit of mineral or bacteria in the grain, that looked like a little black flame. In person it's even cooler than I thought, almost like an intentional maker's mark.

46587598881_6ed19b1f3c_n.jpg

Of course, I still don't know if it performs any differently than a standard height, but I don't care--this little thing rips. For over a decade, a Silver Surfer has been my daily driver. I haven't used it in two weeks, since the Underdog arrived--but I have filled a muslin bag with ABV in that time.

I'm psyched about every aspect of this purchase. I ordered it on a Sunday, it shipped that Monday, and it arrived the next day (I'm in Oregon). Even the unboxing--which I usually find an act of marketing manipulation--was a joy. Instead of over-engineered presentation, each component and accessory was carefully, lovingly hand-wrapped. It was like receiving a gift, not buying an iPhone.

And what a gift it is. Not only does it perform well enough to be my new daily driver (I'm sure I'll get back to the SSV eventually, but it will have to share the limelight), but it is miles-away the most aesthetically satisfying vape I own.

I'm also a big fan of La Croix fizzy water, but I thought I'd include my own can comparison, just to show my little dog has found a happy home.

45863404764_16f4853988.jpg
It looks very cool !! Enjoy that pup knowing its backed up by the best CS in the business imo.

underdogette

one in a billion
Company Rep
Hey guys! I'm making a call for wide screen video snippets if you can help us out. :)

I'm building a new website, and making a little Underdog trailer video of milk shot snippets that will link to our YouTube How To video playlist. I can put a watermark credit on your shot if you would like a shout-out.

Let me know if you've got some wide screen video we could use showing off your Underdog.

Thanks so much!
Amanda

Lozo

I was after a log vape for a while and once I heard about what happened to UD I donated and helped by buying a lovely 'wild wood' log. To de-clutter my desk I made a stem stand from some hardwood I had here. Apologies for the photo quality but I kinda like the roundness of the log and the straight edges of the stand, the tone of the wood looks very similar in real life, less so in the photo. Love this vape and wishing @underdog and @underdogette all the best in the rebuild.

UD_Stand_zpshtm2ef6i.jpg

blokenoname

DIY Log Dabbler 😁🪵💪💨💨💨
@underdogette i personally was very happy with the way my package was presented and delivered, no need for more engineering/ impact on the environment, i would not have changed a thing!
Second that! :tup:
Doesn't get any classier, than being hand wrapped in nice, stout recycling paper packaging! If I was Tim Cook, you'd get your friggin' iPhone delivered in brown recycling paper packaging :D

Last edited:

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Hey Underdogs, replacement equipment is arriving at the new shop all this week.. we're busy little bees rushing around trying to get it all sorted out. Pics and video may follow if we can convince Underdogette to do that for us (hint hint).

Getting this equipment replaced will put us a huge step closer to being back in production, it's exciting that we're finally making visible progress. Thank you all for your generous donations, we couldn't have made it this far without you! :cheers:

ljackstar

Hey everyone, I'm just about to order an Underdog for myself but I'm havi g trouble deciding which 3 stems to get. I want at least one water pipe one, but we have both a 14mm bong and a 18mm, and we want at least 1 direct inhalation stem for chasing flavor.

ljackstar

So 1 nong 14mm, should i get the direct draw or stainless steel? And should my 3rd choice be an 18mm or a second direct inhalation stem? Sorry for all the questions just don't know much about log vapes.

Gigsabits53

Hey Underdogs, replacement equipment is arriving at the new shop all this week.. we're busy little bees rushing around trying to get it all sorted out. Pics and video may follow if we can convince Underdogette to do that for us (hint hint).

Getting this equipment replaced will put us a huge step closer to being back in production, it's exciting that we're finally making visible progress. Thank you all for your generous donations, we couldn't have made it this far without you! :cheers:
So happy to hear you guys are getting closer to the new beginning!! :):)

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
So happy to hear you guys are getting closer to the new beginning!! :):)

Thanks man! It's been a brutal, financially draining and emotional roller coaster but we're getting closer every day. Can't wait until everything is setup in the new shop and I can take some pics/video for you all! Soon come!

@underdog is there a post rebuild list? I want post rebuild dog #1 :evil:

Hmmm.. I know there's a list of people who want vapes from 'the tree' but other than that I'm not sure. Let's ask @underdogette

underdogette

one in a billion
Company Rep
@KidFated. You got it!
@bizwaxzion I can put you on the list for the post rebuild ones, or the FYT Vapes, or if you need something sooner, all the vapes on the website are available, as they were safe from the fire at our shipper's in Portland.

Also, regarding the FYT Vapes, we've determined that the tree was some kind of Locust, and the wood glows under blacklight like crazy. They're gonna be pretty sweet!

purplegrass

Hello all I want to post a short update (as I am going to do on all the vapes I have).

I have given my dog a good thrashing over the last year and a half, and he loves it. Like most people who own a log vape, I love the built in tolerance meter as I call it... you know, when you are loading your third or fourth stem with like 0.02g and you realize you don't actually need another hit :cool: Such an efficient vaporizer, the most efficient of the 5 vapes I have used.
I started out using the voltage meter thingy coz I wanted to make sure I was doing it at the 'right' temp, but then I just ended up letting the dog decide for itself what temp I should have, and honestly its great... simply do slower draws and you can sap everything from the herb like that.
Very classy as well, when all the vapes are on the table, the dog is the main one people pick up and have a good look at closely.
I like all my vapes, but the dog is probably my favorite

Gigsabits53

@underdogette I wanted to tell you that I am feeling superb at this very moment due to my UD. I have been unable to connect with some herb for the last week, until tonight :). Of course, the first vape I reach for is my dog and the 18mm nong. The performance and efficiency of that combo still amazes me!

Anyway, I just wanted to thank you for the wonderful products! I'm so happy you guys are turning the corner from the mess in Paradise. Best of luck to you and @underdog!! :):)

ljackstar

My underdog finally came in yesterday and I got to use it for the first time. Absolutely killer, so so good! Best vape I've used so far.

Only question I got, I think some of my material was starting to combust. I kept the voltage at 10.5 and made sure to hold the stem far enough away that the material didn't touch the vape at all. Anyone have suggestions?

Top Bottom