• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Underdog Log Vapes

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Hey everyone, Amanda and I are finally back in California.. currently hunkered down in Sacramento while we wait for the authorities to reopen Paradise. This waiting and not knowing if anything is still there is killing us, hopefully we get in soon!

We got a bit of closeup video from the shop, the same as the picture I posted last page but standing where the door to the shop used to be.

It hurts to watch the video and recognize pieces of equipment, tool chests, etc. I've spotted 2 lathes, 2 drill presses, the small bandsaw and our main computer that used to have everything UD on it.

I set up a Go Fund Me page. Hopefully get them started on rebuilding. If anyone can write a better story, please do, and i can change it.

https://www.gofundme.com/help-underdog-rebuild

Wow, just wow. Thank you so much for that man. :bowdown: :love:

After seeing the video above it's obvious that we're going to desperately need all the help we can get to rebuild. We're going to though no doubt about that.

@underdog F*ck, man! I have no words :(

You mentioned earlier, that you've got still Underdogs left in stock, for a couple of months worth. Do you ship to Europe/Germany (or maybe UK - have a mate there, who could send it over then) and did this mostly work out, regarding customs (missing CE cert.) and so on? If so, I'll order a unit from your website first thing tomorrow morning!
Small contribution, but I guess, ye faster you get your stock turned into cash now, ye better.

Thank you. I think Underdogette already sent you an answer directly, if not just let me know. I'm sure we can find a way, Dogs are mischievous creatures.

I'm a few hours away (in Miranda) but DM me if you guys need any help of any kind. I know a couple of woodworkers in Arcata and Eureka who may have spare equipment and the like. I've appreciated your products for a few years now and would gladly lend a hand if you guys deem it necessary.

Take care. Jah will provide.

Thanks TaterLog, much appreciated!

You guys are among some of the more exceptional people who I've come to know in this world, a rare breed in a slim class.. generous and good natured, I have only love and appreciation for you guys.. It's always distressing to hear news of bad things happening to good people, especially ones you know, unfortunately disaster doesn't make the distinction.. It's a good thing it takes more than that to defeat the Underdog.. The name really fits you guys like a glove.. If anyone has the potential to literally rise from the ashes, I know you two do.. I'd be glad to be of any help that I can.. I have a couple things I'll PM you about.

Looks can be, and are often deceiving, especially online, where things are largely focused on selling postured appearances, pandering, and seeking approval.. You can bet your bottom dollar that this is not the case w/ Dave & Amanda.. Make no mistake, these people are far greater and more admirable than they would ever care to sell themselves as, whether people are watching or not.. a hallmark of truly sincere and authentic people.. What's seen is the tip of the iceberg.. While none of that needs to be mentioned, I wanted to anyway.

:peace:

Damn man I think that's the nicest thing anyone has said to Amanda or I as long as I can remember.. thank you.

Devastating to see the destruction, but glad you guys are safe. My thoughts are with you guys. Im sure you will be able to overcome this and prosper!

Thanks Megaton!

Harsh ! Heart goes out to you guys from UK.

Never been good with words so here is just One word Phoenix!

Thank you ubardog! Phoenix is right. :)

The news from Cali' and Paradise is horrendous, and to learn that Underdog have suffered amongst all these other poor folk is just heartbreaking.
I am however glad that you two are unhurt.

The firefighters and other emergency services that have worked, and are working to save those at risk, and their homes, are the pride of your nation (and indeed any nation they risk their lives in).
The best that mankind has to offer stands between hell and humanity, and they deserve to be recognised as real heroes.

I hopw that Paradise can recover from this, but my fingers are crossed especially hard for Dave and Amanda, and the future of @underdog, there's nothing better than when the underdog you support fights their way to victory, and you know we're all thinking of you guys :rockon:

Thanks Copacetic, it's very heartbreaking, I can't even find the right words.

Just saw the news about Paradise and my first thoughts went to you guys......glad to see you're OK. Much love <3

Thanks HWS!

Oh wow even on the East coast that hit home... I've been a loyal Underdog supporter since I switched over from my Purple Days all those days ago

Sending good vibes your way underdog

Thanks Vlad, good vibes received.

how about a gofundme to help UD out?

here's two similar campaigns to help artisans that lost their shops/livelihoods in the fire: https://janheine.wordpress.com/2018...pdate-on-mitch-and-alistair-and-ways-to-help/

Thanks rogrog, we could desperately use the help!

Last edited:

KidFated.

Unknown Member
I set up a Go Fund Me page. Hopefully get them started on rebuilding. If anyone can write a better story, please do, and i can change it.

Fuck yeah, amazing people with amazing spirits, truly special people!

My underdogs have literally changed my life, and every interaction w ith UD or UDette has been an absolute blast..

I know they will come out on top. I keep a UD puppy sticker in my car, keeps me safe!

indicandescent

Dismembered Member
Oh man, I have not been on FC in like forever and was randomly wondering what was new in the world of UD and just decided to pop on by. I'm glad that you guys are safe but I'm so sorry to hear that your home and shop are gone.

The amazing dog that I got from you guys like... three? years ago has more or less been plugged in 24/7 and gets utilized every day. Thanks for making such a great product, I hope that everything works out and you are able to set up shop again without a terribly long delay.

Is it safe to assume that the dogs currently up on your site are what will be available for the next while?

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Good morning everyone. Thank you so much for all your generosity, it's been a point of brightness in a dark time.

Many of you have asked about sending support, financial or otherwise, directly to us either via PayPal or via the mail. PayPal is fine and we can give you our associated email address if you don't already have it. Mail might be difficult as our post office burned as well but I think we can pick it up in the next town over and will be having it forwarded soon so shouldn't be a deal breaker.

Now, I hate asking for things but if any and all of you could possibly share the GoFundMe campaign that @Magic9 set up for us that would be incredible. We're going to rebuild and come back stronger and better than ever but we're going to need all the help and support we can get. Thank you all so much!

Oh man, I have not been on FC in like forever and was randomly wondering what was new in the world of UD and just decided to pop on by. I'm glad that you guys are safe but I'm so sorry to hear that your home and shop are gone.

The amazing dog that I got from you guys like... three? years ago has more or less been plugged in 24/7 and gets utilized every day. Thanks for making such a great product, I hope that everything works out and you are able to set up shop again without a terribly long delay.

Is it safe to assume that the dogs currently up on your site are what will be available for the next while?

Thanks indicandescent, yeah the Dogs on the site are all we have left for the foreseeable future. I don't know exactly how many there currently are (between unique pieces and Vape Specials) but I think it's a decent amount right now. I'm sure they'll run out long before we're able to get up and running to make more though.

KidFated.

Unknown Member
Good morning everyone. Thank you so much for all your generosity, it's been a point of brightness in a dark time.

Many of you have asked about sending support, financial or otherwise, directly to us either via PayPal or via the mail. PayPal is fine and we can give you our associated email address if you don't already have it. Mail might be difficult as our post office burned as well but I think we can pick it up in the next town over and will be having it forwarded soon so shouldn't be a deal breaker.

Now, I hate asking for things but if any and all of you could possibly share the GoFundMe campaign that @Magic9 set up for us that would be incredible. We're going to rebuild and come back stronger and better than ever but we're going to need all the help and support we can get. Thank you all so much!

Thanks indicandescent, yeah the Dogs on the site are all we have left for the foreseeable future. I don't know exactly how many there currently are (between unique pieces and Vape Specials) but I think it's a decent amount right now. I'm sure they'll run out long before we're able to get up and running to make more though.
I might need one last “pre-rebuild” UD..

Rick

Zapman
Crazy how tragedy strikes. Here, there and everywhere. So many fine people lost their people and their homes and business.
The part that sends even more chills and more tears is what each community does after the event. They step up and help get it all back together again. So many communities. So many super people.
We experienced that in August over grandson Jade loosing his eyes. I just could not stop the emotion. So many 'local' people doing so much to help. Humans can be so fine and so family.
Dave and Amanda have helped us time and again after our Zap event and related drama. They are two of the finest people we have ever met. We even spent a day together a while back. A forever memory.
Some of us are lucky enough to have earned some good karma. Dave and Amanda are way up there on the list. Way up there.
They also will work harder than we can imagine re-building UD. That would be during and after the help they give countless others in their Paradise community.
Life goes on. Sometimes it is real tough through no fault of our own. No matter. We still keep going.
Thank you FC community.
Rick and Pat

rogrog

thanks @Magic9 for setting up the gofundme.

anyone know if it's possible for the mods/admin to sticky the link somewhere visible? It would be great if the FC community at large could rally behind this. @pakalolo @Quetzalcoatl @Stu @vtac

And if people could upvote/spread the word on /r/vaporents that would be excellent as well. Not sure if there's a vaporizer community on facebook, instagram, etc. but if there is let's get the word out.

Last edited:

underdogette

one in a billion
Company Rep
Thank you so much everyone. It's just amazing to see all the love coming our way through all the various avenues.

I wanted to pop in here to post this screenshot, which looks like a pretty great omen to me :)

oawwpk.jpg

SD_haze

I am so happy to donate to give back to Dave & Amanda, underdog has been wonderful to me over the years - including my first dog being won in their first contest!

However long it takes, never give up! Fall down five times, get up six :tup: :peace:
Love to all the underdogs out there~

Ramensweedworld

Definitely supporting you guys when I can I love your product and to see this happen is a tragedy. Haven’t been an underdog fan for that long but I bought one and had to recommend it to everyone after that. Sad no more underdogs will be made but that’s more reason to get people to buy one now! I will do everything I can to make sure underdog gets up and running can’t have amazing companies dying on us. My only worry is something goes wrong with my underdog and I can’t get a replacement This shit is the best!

sixstringsmash

I just saw the email from Amanda and I had absolutely no idea what happened until now. @underdog @underdogette I am so sorry and my heart goes out to you and your loved ones. I am glad to hear that you are both safe and sound but I weep for what you have lost.

You folks made me my first ever log, it's actually still my profile picture avatar on this site to this day! That's something I'll never forget. I liked the damn thing so much I had to buy a second Maple burl one not too long after, just because!

If anyone has any doubts as to whether or not to support these people in their time of need, please do. They are some of the finest people in the business and regardless of their product or what they sell, these people have helped support our community for years and years on end and now they need a little help from us. Where they have given so much to us over the years, they are just asking for a little bit of the same now. Once again my heart goes out to you and your family and my hopes and wishes are that you come back from this stronger and sturdier than ever.

ACE OF VAPE

Vape outside the box
Manufacturer
I can't imagine the loss you must be feeling now.
I've got a box of various and assorted beautiful dried wood blanks I will donate to you to help you get started up again. Let me know when you have an address for me to send them to and what the minimum size you need is.

Vital

I actually wept when I received an email informing me of this. :cry:

Please everyone, give till it hurts. Amanda and Dave are two of the most generous and caring people you will ever know.
This is our chance to show them just how much we appreciate and care about them. :love:

Once again here is a link to their gofundme page:
https://www.gofundme.com/help-underdog-rebuild/donate

Amanda and Dave, you are in my thoughts and prayers. :luv:

Like the Phoenix the Underdog will be reborn and arise from the ashes. :bowdown:

Aezhenn

Accessory Maker
I would like to help Amanda and Dave.
Today, I made this special stand for an Underdog vape...

169n9ja.jpg

It's a beautiful red narra piece with an oak bowl and a yew / amaranth / boxwood / narra and turquoise inlay.
The starting price is 90$. You can join me by pm until friday 8pm (french hour) and propose a bid from this price. The one who will propose the higher bid will have the stand. All the money will go to Amanda and Dave and I will pay the shipping cost to the buyer.

qxs1md.jpg

Please let me know :)

underdogette

one in a billion
Company Rep
I would like to help Amanda and Dave.
Today, I made this special stand for an Underdog vape...

169n9ja.jpg

It's a beautiful red narra piece with an oak bowl and a yew / amaranth / boxwood / narra and turquoise inlay.
The starting price is 90$. You can join me by pm until friday 8pm (french hour) and propose a bid from this price. The one who will propose the higher bid will have the stand. All the money will go to Amanda and Dave and I will pay the shipping cost to the buyer.

qxs1md.jpg

Please let me know :)

:love:Wow! That is gorgeous! And so generous of you! Thank you <3

Top Bottom