Underdog Log Vapes

SD_haze

stroh said:
glad to hear everyone is enjoying their UberTwigs as much as i am!

that canarywood is looking lovely SD, and yes the silicone taste subsides after a few uses. i actually prefer the performance of the good ole silicone compared to the glass stem so far, though the glass definitely has that tactile feel that can't be matched. how long is the heat up time for the canarywood? does it feel substantially less dense than maple? if so i would imagine the vapor to be quite toasty, and i personally enjoy a little hotter vapor :brow:

Definitely feels a lot less dense and warmed up real quick.

Are the twigs supposed to all have an average ~15 minute heat up? I'd say it was around there, probably could have gotten visible vapor @ 10

One thing that surprised me is the silicone stem wont make a very good seal with my standard 14mm downstem. I ended up sticking a piece of smaller silicone that sticks flush inside, that makes a 100% airtight seal with the downstem.

Have the silicone stems always been that fat?

SD_haze,

stroh

errl enthusiast
i personally pull the stem off, im sure there is nothing wrong with a little twist if you are gentle.

stroh,

stroh

errl enthusiast
i believe the twigs should have heat up times shorter, or equal to the shortest time of standard UD pieces. ~15 sounds right, my afzelia twig heats up in around 20 though it feels to be pretty dense wood

i too have had troubles creating a good seal with the 3/8" stems and a 14mm female joint, tbough the 3/8" can be coaxed into fitting over a male 14mm joint which creates a completely air tight seal. i do this sometimes with my toro macro, and did previously with my old sherlock piece.

stroh,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
I have a 14mm vapor whip adapter, could the silicone stem fit right onto there so I could create an airtight seal for my twig on my pieces?

MarcellusWiley,

Glairige

I just took a razor blade and chamfered the outside edge of the silicon tubing, makes the fit much better with the female 14mm. I've got a low profile 18mm-> 14mm adapter that I have dedicated exclusively to a UD stem.

Glairige,

cluffy

Vaker
You should be good to go MarcellusWiley, it's 3/8" ID whip tubing right? My 7th Floor adapters work great.

cluffy,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
Yea cluffy I think I'll be good!

I also have a Aqua lab 18mm -14mm reducer adapter as well! guess I have a couple things to play around with.

MarcellusWiley,

jackmormon

Just had my first session with a newly arrived dog. First impression is that my expectations have been totally exceeded. I will post a real review when I return to coherency.

What do guys suggest for keeping the stem & screen clean? Is an ISO soak OK?

ofcas6.jpg

jackmormon,

bazzles

Is a variable power supply needed for essential oils? I was thinking of getting a few diffuser blends for freshening my room and what not (some say beneficial effects other than room freshening like mood enhancement and stuff). Most of them are made up by at least 3 oils. So I would imagine vape point would be different for each. I'm thinking after a session it might be too hot to use as a diffuser, anyone use theirs as a diffuser for essential oils?

bazzles,

SD_haze

I never thought about this until I really used the silicone stem, but isn't the silicone not providing as much of a conductive heating effect compared to other log vapes & their metal bowls?

If so, that means more convective heating, which might explain why the UD hits so nice?

What do you guys think?

SD_haze,

darkrom

Great Scott!
SD_haze said:
I never thought about this until I really used the silicone stem, but isn't the silicone not providing as much of a conductive heating effect compared to other log vapes & their metal bowls?

If so, that means more convective heating, which might explain why the UD hits so nice?

What do you guys think?

Idk if the other stems would get hot enough to actually be conduction heating, but maybe. I think the UD just has a better core design and non-restrictive airflow, but its hard to say what is better for sure since I started with the best lol.

darkrom,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
SD_haze said:

What do you guys think?

I think that is a good point and probably has some validity to it for sure. I know that you can pull a stem off the UD after it's been sitting there for a few minutes and not burn the heck out of yourself with it which says quite a bit. The silicone just doesn't absorb/transfer heat like metal does.. :2c:

underdog,

darkrom

Great Scott!
underdog said:
SD_haze said:

What do you guys think?

I think that is a good point and probably has some validity to it for sure. I know that you can pull a stem off the UD after it's been sitting there for a few minutes and not burn the heck out of yourself with it which says quite a bit. The silicone just doesn't absorb/transfer heat like metal does.. :2c:

The other stems are METAL? I thought they were some plasticy material or something. Very odd choice.

darkrom,
The old zap stems were brass then they started using stainless steel. I think its fitted onto a food-grade plastic.

VaporBoxed,

stew34

OhTheAgony said:
Stew, is that the stump or bubble you're looking at? The Cebil Bubble was/is in my top 3 from the vapes that are on the website now, it's such a cute little thing.

Indeed it is the Cebil Bubble. I'm still considering pulling the trigger, but Underdog mentioned that he might be able to scare up some Rosewood, which would more closely match some speakers that I have in room that the kids refer to as "where daddy naps while listening to loud music". I'll try to patiently make do with my beloved MFLB in the meantime. :cool:

stew34,

SD_haze

darkrom said:
underdog said:
SD_haze said:

What do you guys think?

The other stems are METAL? I thought they were some plasticy material or something. Very odd choice.

All the other stem's bowls are metal, not the mouthpiece part.
brass or steel, it still gets super hot to the touch after 1-2 seconds, and crazy crazy hot if you leave it in long.

SD_haze,

darkrom

Great Scott!
SD_haze said:
darkrom said:
underdog said:

All the other stem's bowls are metal, not the mouthpiece part.
brass or steel, it still gets super hot to the touch after 1-2 seconds, and crazy crazy hot if you leave it in long.

Ahh ok I thought they were saying the whole stem was a metal rod. That would be horrible. I knew I'd never seen THAT haha.

darkrom,

underdog

Manufacturer
darkrom said:
Ahh ok I thought they were saying the whole stem was a metal rod. That would be horrible. I knew I'd never seen THAT haha.

Haha I imagine that would sting a little bit... :lol:

Finally starting to get caught up here and get some breathing room, you UDs have been keeping me busy.. thanks! I'll be rounding up the UDs that are still hanging out here this weekend and posting a pic in case anyone is still looking to adopt. :brow:

underdog,
Elluzion said:
I enjoy the seal that it makes although I do hear a little sound everytime I twist it off the core.. Do you guys think it's better to "twist" it to get it off the core or just pull it straight? Just curious :rolleyes:

OK, I think had this problem. Now if you hear a small click your core may be loosening. A twist is not good for that. I slowly pull it out at an angle. (TWSS) If you twist you could loosen your core and a loose core makes for a sad dog.

Be gentle with your dog and it will live a long happy life. ;)

VaporBoxed,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I make sure to inhale a little harder and pull straight off. Inhaling harder as I pull ensures no bud falls into the heater core and it all stays in the stem.

darkrom,

weedemon

enthusiast
darkrom said:
I make sure to inhale a little harder and pull straight off. Inhaling harder as I pull ensures no bud falls into the heater core and it all stays in the stem.

don't all UD vapes have a screen blocking herb form begin able to fall down into the heater core?

weedemon,

underdog

Manufacturer
weedemon said:
darkrom said:

don't all UD vapes have a screen blocking herb form begin able to fall down into the heater core?

Yeah there's a screen in the heat port tube, I think darkrom is just trying to keep things from falling into the tube and on to the screen..

underdog,

underdog

Manufacturer
I think some of you UDs are still in the market for a Twig so I've gathered up the stragglers and took a couple mugshots of them for you. I figured this may be easier than searching back through 5 bajillion emails.. ;)

TwigLineUp-A.JPG

and

TwigLineUp-B.JPG

As usual if you want to see a bigger pictures just right-click on it and select 'view picture' or 'show picture' or equivalent.

underdog,
Top Bottom