Underdog Log Vapes

eideal852

The pic you linked to isn't showing up for me but the pic that Stretch posted is what you're looking for and what you want to see. If it looks different I'd pass on it.
hahaha... sheeeeit, and i cant see his pic! cest la vie! think i get it tho!...

eideal852,
Reactions: Magic9

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
@eideal852 here ya go, this is the image Stretch posted the link to.

KIMG0694.jpg

underdog

Manufacturer
I did not. It is not. :cool:

guy finally got my messages and texted me pics. Can’t say how stoked I am for the advice: curious? Why no good?

They work just fine but they were a temporary model that we only made while I was redesigning the Standard Core 1 (SC1) to the SC2. They don't have the durability/longevity of our Standard Cores and it seems like most of the people who are selling them are doing so because of them being at the end of their life and the core being loose as a result.

If you don't mind could you send me a PM real quick?

underdog

Manufacturer
Correct me if I'm wrong but couldn't he get a new SC2 core swapped into that dog for a fee?

It's not impossible and we've done it on a few occasions but generally speaking there are internal differences that make it so much labor that it's usually cheaper and easier to make a body from scratch. :cheers:

strech

Gotcha. Figured it was just like the sc1 to sc2 swap.

Well hopefully this guy is able to find a unit cause living with a dog is a great experience!

Any updates on when new dogs will be available?

underdog

Manufacturer
TaterLog! Such a great name.. :rockon:

We're right at the cusp of being back in production, like I can almost see the wood shavings from where I'm typing.

If you're not on one of the waitlists (custom, FYT Vape, Alpha, etc) then send me a message and we'll put your name down. Normally we don't do lists but we need to this time with as much demand as there is and with how long we've been out of production.

I'll be posting some shop updates and whatnot but only have so many hours in each day and never seem to get to it. Soon though!

:cheers:

CurryLeafTreehugger

I have no experience using a lift grinder, but I've used 3 different grinders for herb in my dogs. Mostly I use a slx, for a medium grind.

I think the grind doesn't matter a whole lot compared to the heat used, the type of wand/stem, the screen location, and the draw speed.

Umm, well, it is BECAUSE heat used, wand/stem, screen location, and draw speed vary that the grind matters a whole lot LOL!

I just picked up a new stash of shake and the dispensary has changed their shake. It used to be small, very variable size pieces of bud that fell off during processing; now it is actually preground, to about the consistency of coffee grounds I think. It's way finer than I when I put it through my grinder. And it was combusting almost immediately at my previously OK for the old type of shake temp setting. Plus it "packs down" in the stem and I've had to move the screen way up or I can't get a good draw. So now I have to manipulate the temp until it starts working again.

So yeah. Grind size DOES matter, as does everything else you mentioned. Change one thing and something's got to give somewhere else.

Hey gang, I was cleaning my stems today when I realized the screens in my glass stems are starting to develop a bit of rust. There also seems to be a little bit of rust that is stuck onto the glass stem itself. Would these stems still be safe to use? I plan on going to my local smoke shop and buying some more screens, but if I need to buy new stems I will.

A cotton swab dipped in alcohol can help to clean stains off your glass tubes. You can also get powdered brewery wash aka PBW to clean your glassware.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0064O7...olid=203RQRWLMDMFS&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Probably cheaper if you can find it locally at a brewery supply (I couldn't).

Are you sure it's rust? Baked on resin is more likely and is cleanable. If it really rust, I'd pitch the screens and replace with stainless steel (rust free) screens. And rust or resin the glass should clean up.

Stainless steel does rust, it just takes a lot longer. I have rusted screens because I leave them for months at a time in 91% alcohol - and the other 9% is water, so rust spots eventually may occur.

But it doesn't seem to hurt anything as long as it doesn't rust through. I still use them.

CurryLeafTreehugger,
Reactions: underdog

strech

How long are your cords lasting? Seems I've been going through cords pretty quick. I've been using the heavy duty 6ft cords and seem after a couple months they start having shorts. I just had my dog in for an upgraded core so I'm sure it's working correctly.

strech,

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
@strech, FWIW I've been using the same cord for some years now.. but I'm really conscious about not letting it get twisted up or kinked up anywhere.. The cord is way longer than I need, so I spooled it up and twist-tied it to keep it short.. I pick-up and put-down my log the same way every time (establishing ritual tends to be a big part of vaping for me, YMMV), and it still seems just like it was when I got it..

High heat for extended periods, could also be a factor.. although, I've left my UD running hot for long periods w/ this cord, and it still is fine..
Lately I've been keeping it at lower temps w/ the VVPS when not in use, like low nylon stem temps, and I start by dry ripping a long GonG at those temps w/o stirring, until flavor is gone, and then I stir it well, turn up the temperature to GonG temps, and finish it through a bubbler.. and repeat! :ko:
I only dry rip until I need to stir these days.. I'm too sensitive to particles to do it any other way.

@CurryLeafTreehugger, I never use rusty screens personally, and I'd recommend against it.. but I've had the same thing happen to screens and ELB's from really long ISO soaks..

strech

Yeah I figured as much. My wife who is not a big fan of using the dog is very careless and will just set it on the couch or lay it on her lap. Always seem when it stops working is when it's in her hands. It's been very frustrating almost to the point of putting my dog up for retirement.

underdog

Manufacturer
Yeah I figured as much. My wife who is not a big fan of using the dog is very careless and will just set it on the couch or lay it on her lap. Always seem when it stops working is when it's in her hands. It's been very frustrating almost to the point of putting my dog up for retirement.

Hey Strech I might have a better option for you cable wise.. shoot me a DM and we'll talk.. I'd hate to see you retire the Pup when I'm pretty sure we can get you all squared away. :cheers:

eideal852

@strech
I only dry rip until I need to stir these days.. I'm too sensitive to particles to do it any other way.
How so? Allergy-like or something more... Sinister?
Hey Strech I might have a better option for you cable wise.. shoot me a DM and we'll talk.. I'd hate to see you retire the Pup when I'm pretty sure we can get you all squared away. :cheers:
:clap:

eideal852,
Reactions: Buildozer

eideal852

@eideal852 I get a annoying cough, and become a lil weezy..

unnamed.jpg

It's not worth it :lol:
I’m more and more... something. I get wheezy and too and maybe coughy. But sooometimes even extra eye puffy. I feel almost like allergies. Thought it worse with GSC strains(?), though I’m not so sure there. Not always. Maybe when I handle it more? Or maybe something like here, and actual inhalation of plant matter...

eideal852,

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
I’m more and more... something. I get wheezy and too and maybe coughy. But sooometimes even extra eye puffy. I feel almost like allergies. Thought it worse with GSC strains(?), though I’m not so sure there. Not always. Maybe when I handle it more? Or maybe something like here, and actual inhalation of plant matter...
Yeah, could be the plant matter particles.. or maybe something like powder mildew or mold traces :shrug: maybe something that wasn't flushed out, or maybe just batch related.. :shrug: Good luck figuring it out..

Top Bottom