Underdog Log Vapes

darkrom

Great Scott!
Birthday vapes look great. Wish I had money to get in on a small one for the car. I'm even thinking of hardwiring a 12v adapter for a future underdog, but I probably should wait and see if the finances turn around. I've been on a ramen noodle budget lately.

darkrom,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Glad you guys all like the b-day vapes, I think they came out great myself.

I will be testing them today and letting them 'burn-in' a bit before beginning to pack them up for shipping. I'm hoping they ship tomorrow and don't see any reason they shouldn't.

In other good news I have another 40-50 pieces of glass in the works waiting for some kiln time, this includes some more 3/8" stems and our first batch of 1/4" stems too. They won't be ready in time to ship with the b-day vapes but if you want us to hold your b-day vape a few extra days so you can buy a glass stem with it we will, just let us know before tomorrow.

Off to the test bench..

underdog,

los

i would love a glass piece but im on the east coast and i probably wont receive my bday vape till next thursday and thats if its shipped tomorrow lol.....one of the perks that come with being on the east coast :lol:

hey dave you made these units pretty fast, alot faster than i thought....thanks, your hard work is appreciated!

los,

stroh

errl enthusiast
awesome work Dave, the vapes are simply lovely looking, there will be lots of happy underdogs to be :)

stroh,

darkrom

Great Scott!
los said:
hey dave you made these units pretty fast, alot faster than i thought....thanks, your hard work is appreciated!

ALOT.png

darkrom,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Stroh you lucky fuck how do you have THREE of these vapes lol.

Magic flight who? Am I right :lol: All kidding aside I love my little MFLB, I just don't have too many days where it is useful. My underdog has been hit several times a day since I got the thing.

Same bottom as my King's Jester. Very very fancy.

The reason I didn't get that vape is I imagine its quite a bit less practical to hit. That being said now that I have the Jester I'm jealous and would love to have a harder to hit one like that as my "on the side vape" :cool:

If you have a camera I'd love to see a video of you contorting to hit that beast. Such a nice looking vape.

darkrom,

underdog

Manufacturer
The glass is $25 for the heavy handblown stuff like I posted pictures of earlier.. we're planning on offering a wider selection here in the somewhat near future (2-3 months) including some lower priced stuff and some higher end (and priced) stuff too.

underdog,

stroh

errl enthusiast
darkrom said:

Magic flight who? Am I right :lol: All kidding aside I love my little MFLB, I just don't have too many days where it is useful. My underdog has been hit several times a day since I got the thing.

The reason I didn't get that vape is I imagine its quite a bit less practical to hit. That being said now that I have the Jester I'm jealous and would love to have a harder to hit one like that as my "on the side vape" :cool:

If you have a camera I'd love to see a video of you contorting to hit that beast. Such a nice looking vape.

well Dave and i ran into some problems with the tupelo wood being too soft on its lonesome, so he replaced it with the tortuga, for which i am forever indebted to him ;) btw Dave, i decided i want to keep it, and will pay in full for my future commissioned piece :)

the tortuga is actually quite pleasurable to hit! i will have some videos up in the next few days, but my favorite way to hit it is by holding it like you would a really big sandwich or burger haha, though it is also easy to one-hand it, but Dave also sent a whip along with it so it can be left laying flat on a surface and be easier to use with my sherlock

stroh,

underdog

Manufacturer
stroh said:
darkrom said:

well Dave and me ran into some problems with the tupelo wood being too soft on its lonesome, so he replaced it with the tortuga, for which i am forever indebted to him ;) btw Dave, i decided i want to keep it, and will pay in full for my future commissioned piece :)

the tortuga is actually quite pleasurable to hit! i will have some videos up in the next few days, but my favorite way to hit it is by holding it like you would a really big sandwich or burger haha, though it is also easy to one-hand it, but Dave also sent a whip along with it so it can be left laying flat on a surface and be easier to use with my sherlock

Awesome stroh, we'll talk business later..

Funny you mention holding it like a big sandwich or burger.. that was my favorite way to hold it too! :lol:

Oh and I'm really interested in seeing if you can get it to work with the whip and the sherlock.. short video clip maybe?

underdog,

smartrott

Stroh - beautiful vape. That was my favorite on the website of remaining vapes.
I guess now it would have to be the 'purple bishop'. I really like the 'vino' as well. :2c:

smartrott,

darkrom

Great Scott!
underdog said:
The glass is $25 for the heavy handblown stuff like I posted pictures of earlier.. we're planning on offering a wider selection here in the somewhat near future (2-3 months) including some lower priced stuff and some higher end (and priced) stuff too.

Variety indeed. You know what makes Underdog rule among other things, you care about what the customer wants and make it happen, vs other companies who make ONE design to make money. This isn't a hit directed to other log makers at all...I have other (perfectly good) vape companies in mind. But to say "how can I make this better and make it work for myself and the customer" is an attitude that really isn't easy to find these days.

darkrom,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I didn't think of picking it up like a burger. :p

What about a donut with a hole in the middle lol.

darkrom,

stroh

errl enthusiast
darkrom said:
underdog said:

Variety indeed. You know what makes Underdog rule among other things, you care about what the customer wants and make it happen, vs other companies who make ONE design to make money. This isn't a hit directed to other log makers at all...I have other (perfectly good) vape companies in mind. But to say "how can I make this better and make it work for myself and the customer" is an attitude that really isn't easy to find these days.

agreed 110%, you rock Dave!

so far i haven't been able to pull clouds like i could with the tupelo, perhaps i need to break her in a lil more, though my herb quality also is not as good as it should be :p

stroh,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Herb quality makes a HUGE difference in vapor expulsion in my experience with vaporization in general.

darkrom,

stroh

errl enthusiast
my herb quality usually is always pretty great, so i never really noticed before. this is like bottom bag shake of what was pretty good nugs, but it is weeks old, and the kid keeps it in his garage in a plastic bag...

but not to fear, tomorrow is pickup day so i will be getting some good medicine almost certainly

stroh,

underdog

Manufacturer
stroh said:
so far i haven't been able to pull clouds like i could with the tupelo, perhaps i need to break her in a lil more, though my herb quality also is not as good as it should be :p

The Tortuga is a beast and can take a long time to heat up.. I suppose it's also possible that it just runs slightly cooler or doesn't hit as hard as the Tupelo for whatever reason.

I've got the core design maximized as best as possible to limit how the wood affects the temp but with the variety of woods, designs and sizes of the vapes I make I don't think it will ever be 100% consistent... my plan is to compensate with pure awesomeness. :brow:

underdog,
What sort of leather is it on the bottom of the Tortuga? Looks almost reptilian.

I'm currently considering what old combustion chilliums I have might work as a mouthpiece.

charliedontsurf,
Top Bottom