TV Shows - General Discussion

Hammahead

I bet Six Feet Under is even better once you've become an adult. My wife and me were 32/39 when we started watching it and naturally thought we were the exact target group, til we realized how many much younger folks adored it.

I LOVE Fleabag, it's funnier than most shows and it goes soo deep, especially season two is just sublime. Phoebe Waller-Bridge has also been the showrunner of Killing Eve's season one, also highly recommended.

I have just fallen in love with Watchmen. I realize how people who love the comics are somehow unhappy, and let's not get political (I also get that), but it's objectively brilliant, it's fun and suspense and drama and it's very cinematic, I can't wait for the new episodes and already sad as the finale is so near.

Deleted Member 1643

s1-ep-9-preview-47244710_PRO35_10.jpg

Did no one see the season (series?) finale of Watchmen? Almost restored faith in humanity. Dr. Manhattan was always a fave because he multiplies himself like Krishna and perceives time as general relativity describes it.

The soon-to-end Mr. Robot also delivered a memorable, timely episode. Intelligent and hopeful.

Found both surprisingly profound. It's too bad so many great series are ending.

Hammahead

Watchmen season finale was as amazing as the whole series. It probably wasn't the single best episode but it's been such a long time since I was fevering with excitement for the new episode of a program, so I think they're all fantastic!

I love how they put soo much information into the last episdode and how it perfectly closed the plot and still left a window for a sequel, I'd be happy either way, provided Damon Lindelof would be the showunner.

GetLeft

Disclaimer: didn't read the books. But The Expanse killed it this season. I've enjoyed the Belter story line the best since the beginning. But Mars' story line was compelling this season, too. I've always liked Bobbi. Amos is tough too. I thought they'd end up together this season but I guess it must be next one.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Any Westworld fans here?

With S3 premiering in less than a week, I'm trying to rewatch S1 & S2 before then to refresh my memory and get ready. I'm actually starting S1E1 right now. I've only seen these first two seasons once so far, after they originally aired.
Anyone else looking forward to the new season?

GetLeft

We finally got around to watching season 3 of Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. It's a fabulous show. Writing, acting, story, cinemetography (including comedy, dance and music scenes, dress & costumes). Creative top to bottom. Catches the transition from 50s to 60s (+) and gives one lots to think about.

Deleted Member 1643

Not only is S3 "on deck", but it premiers in three days :clap:

What did you think? The premiere didn't disappoint. Expected it to, because how could it live up to the first two seasons? Had to watch twice to figure out what was happening - par for the course.

Was worried about Adrian Paul. A few lackluster performances since Breaking Bad, but he seems to be on his game.

Thought it was Maeve inside Charlotte's body, but it looks like she's still at the Park. Delores smuggled out five pearls. Sounded like Hector inside the security chief at the end. Bernard, obviously. Three left. :hmm:

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Honestly, I decided to watch the first two seasons again before I watch the new one...and I'm still workin' on getting caught up with that.

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
Rick and Morty S4E6 finally airs tomorrow night!
It's been a good season so far.. IMO each season just gets even better.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Rick and Morty S4E6 finally airs tomorrow night!
It's been a good season so far.. IMO each season just gets even better.

Tomorrow night? I thought they just said May 3rd... A second season of Harley Quinn is already premiering tomorrow night though!

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Buildozer

Shit Snacks

Oh damn you're right! I could've sworn it said April when I checked earlier. Man I was getting all hype for it too!

Haha yeah sorry dude, by check out Harley Quinn animated series if you haven't yet in the meantime!

Also if you've never seen Venture Bros. before that could also help get you through the wait easier...

Shit Snacks

Since there are two things I am really into and know very well, I figured I might as well be the one to start up the thread for the other thing on newFC! (those two things are vapes and television btw :lol:)

oldFC thread link:

And I'll start it off because this is the one area I've been productive since quarantine -- TV binging!

Finally did all of Twin Peaks, what a trip, bonkers soapy show, The Return was even more out there, I can really see the influence in shows like Legion and Lost obviously.

Dispatches From Elsewhere is a fun one on AMC created by and starring Jason Segal based on documentary The Institute about a crazy artist's augmented reality game, very interesting and trippy stuff, done in a cute n sweet way. In the show, this season was described as "like fight club on acid by someone who loves life" lol

Had a Showtime free trial for a month, so did a lot there, finishing Homeland and Peaks, then Escape At Dannemora (decent mini), Work In Progress (amazing dark comedy), Back To Life (very fleabag esque), On Becoming A God In Central Florida (horrible title but very fun), I'm Dying Up Here (great cast and fun setting), Kidding (very well done, cute and sweet and darkly comedic)

Impulse on YouTube (they put it in front of the Premium paywall recently, based on Jumper books, following teen girl teleporter)

HBO caught up on High Maintenance new season (so great), Righteous Gemstones (not bad but typical), new seasons of Westworld and Insecure, going to start Run soon...

Finished rewatching 30 Rock (still holds up!) and Bojack Horseman (so good, so real yet so silly) and almost done rewatching Episodes (never saw final season before) -- okay each of these is pretty masturbatory for Hollywood and the TV business, but still great!

Future Man ended quite well, overall a very solid time travel comedy series, though it does start slow and can be a little dumb amid the smart.

Halfway through Solar Opposites, pretty good, though not groundbreaking, I found Harley Quinn to be more impressive actually (though Venture Bros does it all best obviously)... Still need to start Midnight Gospel, almost done with Green Eggs and Ham (way better than it had any right to be) Oh also any cartoon fans should watch Infinity Train if they haven't yet!

I am making my way through a bunch of other Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Originals, new seasons and continued seasons (some on cable/broadcast) that is a mix of comedy and drama... Way too much to list, and I already listed a lot!

Did I mention I watch a lot of TV?! even if it's something I don't watch I probably know a whole lot about it...

Last edited:

ginolicious

Bojack horseman is an epic show. Archer is real good along with Bob’s Burgers. Same actor.

I haven’t done too much tv watching. More video game binging for me after work. But I do go to bed every night watching either Bojack or Archer. Need the tv on to fall asleep to. Tinnitus is a bitch.

Shit Snacks

Bojack horseman is an epic show. Archer is real good along with Bob’s Burgers. Same actor.

I haven’t done too much tv watching. More video game binging for me after work. But I do go to bed every night watching either Bojack or Archer. Need the tv on to fall asleep to. Tinnitus is a bitch.

Yeah I am savoring the final episodes!

Obviously I am a fan of Archer ;) and yes Bob's too, H Jon Benjamin is a fucking legend (Home Movies!)

Duncanville is actually quite decent, I thought Bless the Harts was kinda bad though...

Futurama, another great one to fall asleep to!

Shit Snacks,

Shit Snacks

Futurama Is epic and needs to go back on Netflix. Same with x files

Oh it's on Hulu now, don't think you will ever see it on Netflix again frankly. The streaming times they are a changin, Hulu animation offerings strong

Shit Snacks,

im not a robot

Did I mention I watch a lot of TV?!
:lol:
i got lost halfway down that list. twin peaks however started so much for me back in the 90s, what holden caulfield may be for some, cooper was for me. or andy. i couldnt even say how many times i have seen it. every single girlfriend had to watch it (and fell for special agent in the process). i havent watched that much television lately, but the leftovers (silly name) stuck out for me in the last years, just really well done on so many levels, and utterly unpredictable (for me). but i have quit smoking since.

The-Leftovers.png

Top Bottom