• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Tsunami by NewVape

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
You really like the tbucket better than the Dcup?

Why do you think the performance is that much different, if I may ask please?

I do like it better! Or rather, my lungs like it better and I have to obey that. I'm producing way less phlegm after a dab, my lungs are reacting less.

But how that translates into a quantifiable degree of performance difference might be quite personal to me. I'm trying to temper my reaction to the tbucket with the notion that maybe my lungs are finally improving on their own (extremely doubtful :) )? Maybe this is just a particularly great batch of rosin (again, doubtful)?

Exhibit a:

Its a good bit bigger and no lip, so the dish is wide open.

a1cxPmH.jpg

EDIT: EDITS are likely :)

EDIT 1 - I think the tbucket keeps temps more stable, its not heating the glass due to its extra size. Each dab is only losing a mere 3 or so degrees on the controller, tho I forget what it was like with the dcup. Obviously this extra size maybe stealing terps/vapour and making things smoother as a result but I've upped my dab size so I dont think its just that making it smoother. I dont remember 410f producing quite this much vapour on the dcup.

Last edited:
EmDeemo,
Reactions: Baron23

theCerberus

I knocked over my enail and broke my bong last night, and now I'm on the hunt for a new setup. I was going to pull the trigger on this but there are so many unknowns.

Does anyone have one?
How does cleaning work?
Can I remove that banger?
Can the entire airpath be taken apart/cleaned?
Is there any package that comes with the glass too? Its very expensive for what it is.
What is the better glass platform? Carta or Peak? I have neither, but i do have vapexhale hydratubes.

Last edited:
theCerberus,

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I knocked over my enail and broke my bong last night, and now I'm on the hunt for a new setup. I was going to pull the trigger on this but there are so many unknowns.

Does anyone have one?
How does cleaning work?
Can I remove that banger?
Can the entire airpath be taken apart/cleaned?
Is there any package that comes with the glass too? Its very expensive for what it is.
What is the better glass platform? Carta or Peak? I have neither, but i do have vapexhale hydratubes.

I havent seen anyone in thread that actually has one yet, so your cleaning questions I cant answer. I dont think it comes with any glass. Personally, Id like a hydratube adaptor too. I dont own any vapexhale glass but I prefer the design.

The banger is removable I think. I'm damn sure it is, but I'm not 100% certain (EDIT: Removable and compatible with the dcups 14/18mm male or female connectors). I'm using the tbucket banger on its own, not sure if I'll upgrade to a full tsunami yet, but I've got the important bit if I decide too, and its my favourite banger so far, so if I decide not too upgrade, everything is still useful :)

The tbucket is worth it on its own! Thats for certain!

EDIT: Another morning reaching for my inhalers automatically, expecting to start coughing and spluttering the moment I start moving, only to find a tiny wheeze and nothing more. I really tried to push it this last few days too. This is quite a thing for me!

Last edited:

theCerberus

Very interesting. I am unaware of any video showing the final product. I think that screw on the side clamps in the carta/peak adapters but i could be mistaken.
I am basing this on the images they have shown on their website, looks like it goes right through to where the adapters sit.

tsunami2_1.jpg

That means the airpath is the tbangers pipe, followed by the cup/body of the device, up into the adapter, and through the glass.

A few things are now putting me off this design. To start with, I am turned off by the rubber adapters.
If newvape built an 18mm male attachment for Hydratubes, I would hope they could avoid using rubber.
If there was a threaded pipe leading off the banger on the inside, it would help a lot. That could go to 18mm male connection and avoid making a mess of that inner body/cup and would also avoid the need for rubber.

I am attracted to this product because its an all in one device, but I think airpath is the most crucial factor keeping me from buying it.

Last edited:
theCerberus,
Reactions: muunch

snamuh

ghost
Very interesting. I am unaware of any video showing the final product. I think that screw on the side clamps in the carta/peak adapters but i could be mistaken.
I am basing this on the images they have shown on their website, looks like it goes right through to where the adapters sit.

tsunami2_1.jpg

That means the airpath is the tbangers pipe, followed by the cup/body of the device, up into the adapter, and through the glass.

A few things are now putting me off this design. To start with, I am turned off by the rubber adapters.
If newvape built an 18mm male attachment for Hydratubes, I would hope they could avoid using rubber.
If there was a threaded pipe leading off the banger on the inside, it would help a lot. That could go to 18mm male connection and avoid making a mess of that inner body/cup and would also avoid the need for rubber.

I am attracted to this product because its an all in one device, but I think airpath is the most crucial factor keeping me from buying it.
They have complete cleaning and taking it apart videos on Instagram.

snamuh,
Reactions: Baron23

kyshxo

@emmdeemo or anyone that owns a T-Bucket or Tsunami.

Can I please get a video(s) of you hitting a T-Bucket or Tsunami with a sapphire dish at different temps?

kyshxo,

kyshxo

Could I pretty please request the following video from anyone that will help!

I’m trying to see the Tsunami (or T-Bucket or BOTH!) with Sapphire Dish with no Pearls with a 0.1g at 600ish degrees?

Paging @emmdeemo :))

Last edited:
kyshxo,

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
proof of concept only. The idea inspired by @snamuh unfortunately I don't have any peak or carta glass to complete the test today. This test is to determine if the small (restricted) air holes found in the peak and carta style glass will work for the flower pot. Should this concept prove viable it would likely require a completely new device be created with this design intentions.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Should this concept prove viable it would likely require a completely new device be created with this design intentions.

Hmm. Some form of metal downstem? If the current tube leading from the bucket to the tsunami was an angled downstem with an 18/14mm connector at the end, there would be no need to redesign the whole thing.

Obviously I have no idea if the tsunami has the room underneath for the dropdown to fit.

snamuh

ghost
proof of concept only. The idea inspired by @snamuh unfortunately I don't have any peak or carta glass to complete the test today. This test is to determine if the small (restricted) air holes found in the peak and carta style glass will work for the flower pot. Should this concept prove viable it would likely require a completely new device be created with this design intentions.

Awesome to see! I like the bowl... goes together well with the tsunami!

snamuh,
Reactions: Mulehead

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
Please fill and test your glass water level prior to installing on top of the tsunami. The carta is very sensitive to being over filed and losing it's vacuum. This will flood the banger and likely damage the hot dish.

snamuh

ghost
Please fill and test your glass water level prior to installing on top of the tsunami. The carta is very sensitive to being over filed and losing it's vacuum. This will flood the banger and likely damage the hot dish.

great video. My rule of thumb is to fill water pipes ONLY enough to cover the percolator holes. I probably have my percs covered by maybe 1/8 inch. Probably not the best filtration, but it does what i want.

snamuh,

kyshxo

Tsunami should be here today with Carta adapter and a Sapphire dish! Follow me on IG @tnherbal for content!

kyshxo,

Baron23

Hi Edwyn - yeah, sort of like filling an EVO hydratube....got to be careful about the level.

Thanks for the vid....and, I like the new look! :tup::clap::rockon::lol:

Baron23,

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
Finally someone with "new lungs" reviewing the tsunami. His concern is the carb cap wood handle gets to hot. (My first thought was he should have tried the non insulated version.) We shortened the insulated carbcap dabber to try and get it further away from the eyes. I don't personally leave the carb cap on while not drawing so mine never gets to hot to handle. However people that are used to glass caps may be spoiled by the lack of heat retention. We do have some blowers beginning to become interested in making needed glass caps. I've been told that people don't like glass dabbers because the dab doesn't release as well as with the titanium dabber. Is it just me or is there a minimum amount of coughing happening here? I hope everyone enjoys their Saturday.

BlueHueCO

@emmdeemo Where did you get your terp pearls and how many do you use in the T-Bucket?

I bought my terp pearls at purple haze (local chain that sells some nice headies and prodo, pretty reputable Denver spot). Got a 10 pack of boro ones. Nothing fancy. In the t-bucket, I like using two terp pearls or no terp pearls. My carb caps are different though. My cap for the pearls is an old, 1-hole CCA Storm Cell Cap. But those can be hit or miss since there are a couple versions with slightly different angles of airflow. Only one of mine works as I'd want.

And boy does that one work. Biggest hits out of my T-Bucket have been with that cap and two pearls. I run at 475, no offset, with either newvape sic, or obsidian, and an augusthaus coil and shroud from my liger air. Clears the dab in 2-3 big hits, super smooth too! There is splash up on the titanium, although this is pretty minor.

When I don't want splash or to deal wth pearls, then I use a little boro farm cap that came with a rig I bought. It's always been a useless but beautiful cap as nothing I had really worked great with it. It matches perfectly with the T-Bucket, which made me ecstatic to finally give it a purpose. Same settings, clears the dab a little slower but never leaves behind a puddle or char. It's an off ~5 degree from flat cap with a directional nipple in the center. Being slightly angled makes it seal easily on the t-bucket. I also have an old Gordo that works great, but is fiddly to keep a seal with.

I'd definitely recommend trying pearls though. Just keep in mind they don't need to spin crazy fast, that creates more splash. So adjust temps and draw so to find a balance between effortless pearl spinning, and moderate pearl speed. I have not used the NV cap, but I imagine it should work similar to my liger cap if not better.

Baron23

Finally someone with "new lungs" reviewing the tsunami. His concern is the carb cap wood handle gets to hot. (My first thought was he should have tried the non insulated version.) We shortened the insulated carbcap dabber to try and get it further away from the eyes. I don't personally leave the carb cap on while not drawing so mine never gets to hot to handle. However people that are used to glass caps may be spoiled by the lack of heat retention. We do have some blowers beginning to become interested in making needed glass caps. I've been told that people don't like glass dabbers because the dab doesn't release as well as with the titanium dabber. Is it just me or is there a minimum amount of coughing happening here? I hope everyone enjoys their Saturday.

Thanks for posting this, Edwyn. Looks like wonderful performance.

I do use glass pencil dabbers for some consistencies and mostly with quartz bangers. But I do use a D-nail forked dabber quite a bit. Now, I use these dabbers but use them separate from my glass carb cap so my dabbing tools don't get particularly hot. On the other hand, I generally also do not put a dab in, put the cap on, then talk to a video recording for a minute or so! hahaha I can see that fella's cap/dabber getting quite hot.

I do like the shape of your Ti carb cap and how well it seems to seal but a glass bubble cap to separate dab tool from cap is also welcomed (well, by me at least).

Question, please. The gentleman in the video mentioned more than once how the Tsunami was built like a tank out of "titanium".

But I believe your chassis is actually aluminum...yeah? I can't hardly imagine the cost of the Ti and machining needed to make one out of Ti.

Cool beans and thanks again for the video.

Last edited:
Baron23,
Reactions: snamuh
Top Bottom