Discontinued Triton Oil Vaporization System

acolyte

2evpy85.jpg

My Triton OS with eleaf istick pico 75w in brushed black silver. The Triton is 22mm and fits perfectly on the mod.

Surf Monkey

Getting up to speed on the Triton.

Notes:

I’m up and running on both the dual exposed coil atomizers. Both quartz and black ceramic are working VERY well. I’ve got them set to TCR TI (on an RX200) and at a max temperature of 550. This gives what feels and tastes like a mid-temperature hit. I’m not seeing any burned or ‘caramelized’ material in the crucible at the end of a session in either of these.

Unfortunately I’m having no luck with the Sirius and 1701 based heaters. Using the suggested settings on the w9tech site all three produce wispy vapor at best. They aren’t heating up enough. I’ve tried using a mod that can take a numeric TC value, using 225, and no luck. I feel like these must need a higher TC value? 352 doesn’t heat them up enough either.

Can anyone who has the TI/quartz buckets and the Sirius coils weigh in? I’ve got several mods to throw at this thing. A few Smoks, a couple RX200s and assorted others. I have an eLeaf Pico coming next week.

I feel like I just need the right settings and these will be excellent.

acolyte

I'm using a 75w istick pico. TC doesn't work well on the sirius for me so far but I have a ticket into w9tech support about it.

The sirius does work well in wattage mode at around 12 watts, probably could go higher. But just do 3 second pulses and don't let it get too hot. Read that on reddit and it does work well, although it seems better for flavor than big clouds.

I've barely used the quartz 1701, but the Ti 1701 works very well for me and is possibly my favorite (though dual coils make crazy powerful hits when I want them).

With the Ti 1701, my settings are TCR 225, 30w, 400-450 max temp. I put .05 to .2g in the bowl, and inhale very slowly (can barely hear the airflow if I listen closely).

It starts to get warm in 5 seconds and if I hit it for 15 seconds it gives a thick cloud of vapor. This is without the Ti wick pad.

I have tried it with the Ti wick but it takes a lot longer to heat up. So far I have had no problems using it without the wick so I haven't bothered to try, but I bet a higher temp of like 500 would work well with the wick.

The quartz had similar performance but takes longer to heat up, and the flavor is good from the Ti so I haven't used the quartz much yet.

Surf Monkey

I'm using a 75w istick pico. TC doesn't work well on the sirius for me so far but I have a ticket into w9tech support about it.

The sirius does work well in wattage mode at around 12 watts, probably could go higher. But just do 3 second pulses and don't let it get too hot. Read that on reddit and it does work well, although it seems better for flavor than big clouds.

I've barely used the quartz 1701, but the Ti 1701 works very well for me and is possibly my favorite (though dual coils make crazy powerful hits when I want them).

With the Ti 1701, my settings are TCR 225, 30w, 400-450 max temp. I put .05 to .2g in the bowl, and inhale very slowly (can barely hear the airflow if I listen closely).

It starts to get warm in 5 seconds and if I hit it for 15 seconds it gives a thick cloud of vapor. This is without the Ti wick pad.

I have tried it with the Ti wick but it takes a lot longer to heat up. So far I have had no problems using it without the wick so I haven't bothered to try, but I bet a higher temp of like 500 would work well with the wick.

The quartz had similar performance but takes longer to heat up, and the flavor is good from the Ti so I haven't used the quartz much yet.

Cool. I’ll try the Sirius in wattage mode.

Those are the same settings I’m using on the TI bucket. Not sure what the issue is. I may need to load it a little fuller and try a longer pre-heat...

acolyte

Cool. I’ll try the Sirius in wattage mode.

Those are the same settings I’m using on the TI bucket. Not sure what the issue is. I may need to load it a little fuller and try a longer pre-heat...
I've had pretty good results with small amounts in the Ti bucket. If you're using the wick, I recommend trying without the wick. I don't have to preheat with my mod on those settings, but it does take a few seconds to get going.

I don't understand TC that well but from what I know mods should use the same math to determine temperature. Accuracy could be off on some mods but it should be in the ballpark... maybe it will work on your pico when you get it?

When in TC mode, my Ti bucket does take a few seconds to come up "to temp" where my mod starts saying temp protect. Is that happening for you, or does it get to max temp instantly like maybe it's throttling too fast?

Maybe check to make sure all the connectors are tight. I have the Ti bowl, the stainless cog at the bottom of the heater, and the smaller gold cog at the bottom, all very snug (hand tight only). I have heard of one user over-tightening and breaking it but I think they used a tool to get it that tight.

It does make a lot more vapor when loaded fuller.

Surf Monkey

In the meantime, the dual black ceramic and titanium is working GREAT.

I’m very happy with the Triton. It’s by far the best oil/wax atomizer I’ve used so far. I’ll get those 1701s figured out eventually.

Gazaam

Using the suggested settings on the w9tech site all three produce wispy vapor at best.
e
Still waiting for my Triton to arrive but following this thread closely. I find that that the wispy vapour is best. If you get it too thick, it will make you cough like crazy. The cloud that comes out of the atty is basically a pure super-saturated THC vapor with gajillions of tiny oil drops floating around in it. They condense on your throat tissues. So it's a lot harder to inhale than normal smoke, and I think maybe keeping the vapour we inhale less than fully saturated may have the lowest chance of irritating us.

That having been said, did you try just turning your power up a bit? I wouldn't take those settings as etched in stone.

Last edited:

acolyte

Yep, that's the mod I'm using as seen in the pic above. I don't think a heatsink is necessary but a couple times it has gotten quite warm when trying to get the last of my oil out of a 1701

Surf Monkey

Yep, that's the mod I'm using as seen in the pic above. I don't think a heatsink is necessary but a couple times it has gotten quite warm when trying to get the last of my oil out of a 1701

I got mine this week. It’s a solid mod. It handles ohm lock much better than the ones I was using before and it has an excellent 510 connector. It’s working great with the Triton.

Surf Monkey

Update:

This is a great atomizer. Combined with the eLeaf iStick Pick 75w it performs like a champion. I’m using the dual black ceramic rod coil at the moment and it’s awesome. I got the titanium bucket working well too, but at the moment I’m enjoying the dual ceramic more.

To me the defining aspect of this atomizer that makes it a cut above is the excellent airflow. The draw resistance is just right. Not too tight, not too loose. I may have to get a second Triton!

jdent3

Update:

This is a great atomizer. Combined with the eLeaf iStick Pick 75w it performs like a champion. I’m using the dual black ceramic rod coil at the moment and it’s awesome. I got the titanium bucket working well too, but at the moment I’m enjoying the dual ceramic more.

To me the defining aspect of this atomizer that makes it a cut above is the excellent airflow. The draw resistance is just right. Not too tight, not too loose. I may have to get a second Triton!

Good to hear. Mine is in the mail and I will also be using it with a 75W Pico. What settings are you using?

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
Good to hear. Mine is in the mail and I will also be using it with a 75W Pico. What settings are you using?

Is this the new redesigned TAF Triton that "G" was working?
Cool, as soon as they put out a package for just the 1701 Quartz & TI
I'll never use the others coils, rather get a spare atty to set up the spend
$50 on coils I don't like or use.
Same with my Sai, all I use is the Ceramic Donut & new Ti/Bucket (awesome)
I hate the Kantral & all the other bottom air coils wax wasters, lol.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Excuse me, one question, please. What's better IYO the Sai or the Triton - and why?

Hogni,

jdent3

Is this the new redesigned TAF Triton that "G" was working?
Cool, as soon as they put out a package for just the 1701 Quartz & TI
I'll never use the others coils, rather get a spare atty to set up the spend
$50 on coils I don't like or use.
Same with my Sai, all I use is the Ceramic Donut & new Ti/Bucket (awesome)
I hate the Kantral & all the other bottom air coils wax wasters, lol.
I have no idea tbh. I purchased it from puffitup after reading all the good reviews.

Gazaam

I finally got mine about three days ago. As required by their rather eccentric warranty, I had to test all the coils within 24 hours of receiving it. Low and behold, the new Sirius coil was DOA, so I had to email them a video! Replacement coil from them now in the mail.

I like this thing a lot a lot a lot! Amazing vapour, just heat it up slowly so you don't overdo it and cough your lungs out. I find that as soon as the vapour becomes more than just a wisp, it will irritate my throat, so I think it's better to be a sipper than a gulper. The irritating nature of the vapour is a bit delayed. That is, you take a heavy hit and it feels fine for about 15 seconds while you are holding it in. Then wham! I feel I have to exhale and after doing so I will cough like crazy. I should also say that after a hit like that I am totally ripped! I do believe though that cannabis vapours are a bit irritating to the mucous membranes. I have observed this when rubbing a bit of oil onto my gums.

So far I have only used the the 1701 quartz and titanium attys. I am new to the idea of heating the material in the cup without exposing it to direct coil heat. I like it. Although with the Omni Board 4 in a temperature control mode, I do not think that you would scorch your oil. I will try that, but first I want to try vaping some fine-ground bud in a quartz cup.

Hard to completely clean the coiled atty's though, other than soaking for a day or so in solvent. The little cups are easy to clean with a bit of iso on a cutip.

jdent3

I just got my Triton today. I'm using it with an Istick pico 75W. So far I tried the titanium bucket at tcr 225, 450F, and 25 watts and it hits really well.

It's going to take me a while to try all the atomizers. I have no doubt the non bucket coils will perform well so I want to try the buckets first. So far I am very impressed it hits hard and looks good too!

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Still loving my quartz bucket atty, one of the few portables I'll actually use at home sometimes. The titanium one is pretty good too, I use it when I'm cleaning my quartz ones.

StormyPinkness,
Reactions: jdent3

roboticnightmares

Wow, looks like i have been snoozing on all these new attachments feom w9. Just so im understanding this, we are able to place our concentrates in bucket and concentrate never makes contact with wires, or sodering points etc.? Thats sounds too good to be true!!!!

I remember reading about other companies that attempted this. There were too many complaints about concentrates running up walls of the cart, or not heating up to give adequate hits.

Really hoping this bucket style works.

jdent3

Can someone with a Triton check the bottom gold pin thing? Mine spins around freely but my Triton works great. Just want to make sure that the gold pin at the bottom should be able to spin freely? On other atomizers I've had I dont remember the pins ever being loose enough to spin. Thanks!

jdent3,

Gazaam

Can someone with a Triton check the bottom gold pin thing? Mine spins around freely but my Triton works great. Just want to make sure that the gold pin at the bottom should be able to spin freely? On other atomizers I've had I dont remember the pins ever being loose enough to spin. Thanks!

Can you be more specific about exactly what part you are talking about? Mine has little gold nuts on the bottom of each atty, but the bottom of the base unit has a small gold disk mounted inside the 510 thread. Nothing seems to be spinning here.

The gold nuts on the 1701 unscrew so you can disassemble the atty to change the ceramic heating element.

jdent3

Can you be more specific about exactly what part you are talking about? Mine has little gold nuts on the bottom of each atty, but the bottom of the base unit has a small gold disk mounted inside the 510 thread. Nothing seems to be spinning here.

The gold nuts on the 1701 unscrew so you can disassemble the atty to change the ceramic heating element.

I'm talking about the gold piece on the bottom of the base (not the gold piece at the bottom of the coils). Mine spins freely, I'm hoping it's not faulty and breaks down the road.

jdent3,
Top Bottom