Transformer Tubes (Formerly Steele Concept)

lwien

Imma have to ship you a rainbow monster elementary project if ya get too sassy lwien ;) You'll have to love her!

I'd have to give it to my son. He'd love it. Me? Ummm.........uhhhhh.........uhhh.........thank you?

The last thing I was told that I HAVE to love is when my mom set me up with her friends daughter who kinda looked like this. I was told that she had a great personality:

That's when I left home and got my own place. ;)

lwien,
Reactions: ShipDit

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
Wow that thing is hideous! Is that from a movie or something?

So tell us, did you take this fine gal out or did you run for cover?

Steele Concept,
Reactions: ShipDit

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I hate to say it, since I quite liked the original SC design, but I gotta agree with lwien that the one in that ad looks fugly.

(Please consider this as constructive criticism, not just a baseless attack :))
The one shown in the ad just kinda looks like a cheap hodge-podge that I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole.
It reminds me of all those cheap and nasty acrylic bongs...

:shrug:
I hope others like it, but to me it just looks unappealing.

I dont know if its the colors themselves, or the mix of them in the ad, but the clear looked sleek to me, while the colored looks cheap.

Are your pieces all polycarbonate (that was what they're made out of, right?) now?
I didn't see any metal in that ad, but I don't know if you've got different models or whatnot now.

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
Frederick - I'm glad you have some questions about the product line. I like the Steele Concept too, that's why I made it and we are keeping it :D hehehe.

The Steele Concept will remain the same albeit some engineering changes for the better. Same metal base but the perc plate and mouthpiece will be injection moulded polycarbonate. This saves us money and allows for additional strength. We transfer that cost savings to the consumer :)

The transformer tube line is great for people looking for a budget indestructible modular piece. The Steele Concept is great for people with deeper pockets who have discerning taste.

This way we have a piece for everyone with budgets $50 and up.

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
So there is going to be a new steel bong?!

New and improved, act now! Just kidding ;). But yes there will be Breathemetal. It will be the same in function and design but with the unibody polycarb part I discussed in the last post.

Steele Concept,

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
We are hoping to drop the price point substantially. The goal is $200 MSRP, my partners at TT showed me a really nice picture of the metal bases today with some super thick welds.

At this point Breathemetal it comes down to preference, would you like a stainless steel mouthpiece and perc plate or prefer unibody polycarb with those pieces? In terms of functionality they should be virtually identical. My partner Evan is an engineer by trade and he has been hard at work in the shop, good things are coming.

Thank you for your interest and I am glad to answer your questions. Nice avatar BTW, is that a rhinoceros? He looks badassss.

Steele Concept,

Breathemetal

Ha yea it is, idk what made me pic it...he just looks dope.
Thanks for the speedy answers. You have a ETA for this new piece? Because @ 200, im already sold lol

Breathemetal,

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
In 6th grade I remember I picked Rhinos to study as a school project, was really sad to learn of poachers killing rhinos for their horns. I'm not anti hunting or anything but if you are going to kill something, eat it and don't waste shit. I remember always had to have a badass animal for my research projects, lol. Venomous snakes, sharks, komodo dragons, bulls etc. Ahhh it's all coming back now.

I digress.

ETA is unknown at the moment. I think it will be a couple of months from now, it is your call which unit you would be interested in moving forward with. I just checked in my supply room and it looks like I have ~10 units or so left that aren't spoken for from retailers. I can't wait to get rid of these things and be done shipping. I am grateful to have TT handling logistics once these units have moved. I love the SC but I don't love dealing with shipping companies or them smashing/scratching up my units in the past and not reimbursing me. After that every SC is wrapped in toilet paper then bubble wrapped like a mummy.

Steele Concept,

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
Hi guys,

Quick update on the TT end - All units are now glass on polycarbonate and no longer have the grommet :) This is good stuff.

On the SC end I have <5 units left. Around 10 heavily scratched units are going to TT HQ for reboring and repair. It is an exciting time and the transition should be complete in a week or two.

Also the 1 of a kind 24k gold unit is available for $399.99 including shipping. A family friend did the plating with 24k gold and it is definetly quality. He said he used $80 worth of gold in the plating process.

484186_145172665630272_1561371252_n.jpg

As you guys can see I am trying to liquidate stock here. It reminds me of a furniture advertisement on the TV when they are like "MASS LIQUIDATION SALE, EVERYTHING MUST GO!!!" lol.

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
If you are really ballin' you rockin solid gold. Lol, that would be very expensive if the SC is nearly 3 lbs of steel... Gold weighs more than steel but just for simple math $1453 (price per oz of gold) multiplied by 48 (ounces in 3 lbs) = nearly $70,000!

When your water pipe costs more than the average U.S. annual salary, then yous a baller ;)

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
Hi guys,

Figured I'd give this thread a quick update. The new SCs should be rolling out in about 3 weeks time, the price should be right around $200, once I get some pics they will be posted. Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their SC.

We would really like to liquidate and get rid of the gold unit, so... $349.99 inc. shipping and it is yours! Now that is a hell of a deal!

rsqemt911

Looks like somebody took my advice ... Glad it worked out for you.

So how is the merge affecting both products and designs?

rsqemt911,

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
The merger is a mutually beneficial thing for SC and TT. The owners of TT, Mike and Evan are incredibly bright and hard working individuals. My partners product had been on the market longer and they have much more capital, exposure and resources than I. Evan is a great engineer and is much better than product design than I could ever hope to be, Mike has previous sales experience and really has his finger on the pulse of business in general.

This being said - our products now utilize the same downstems and will both be using the glycerin cubes as well. TT tubes have recently eliminated the grommet as well. We have the TT lineup for people who like modularity and lower price points and SC for the premium indestructible water pipe. Win/win situation.

We all greatly appreciate feedback we have received from the industry, consumers and FC. People here at FC are bright and passionate about their hobbies. The feedback has been crucial in the development of the SC and I wanted to say thanks guys :science:

I'll keep everyone in the loop moving forward as the newer SC becomes available.

rsqemt911

The merger is a mutually beneficial thing for SC and TT. The owners of TT, Mike and Evan are incredibly bright and hard working individuals. My partners product had been on the market longer and they have much more capital, exposure and resources than I. Evan is a great engineer and is much better than product design than I could ever hope to be, Mike has previous sales experience and really has his finger on the pulse of business in general.

This being said - our products now utilize the same downstems and will both be using the glycerin cubes as well. TT tubes have recently eliminated the grommet as well. We have the TT lineup for people who like modularity and lower price points and SC for the premium indestructible water pipe. Win/win situation.

We all greatly appreciate feedback we have received from the industry, consumers and FC. People here at FC are bright and passionate about their hobbies. The feedback has been crucial in the development of the SC and I wanted to say thanks guys :science:

I'll keep everyone in the loop moving forward as the newer SC becomes available.

And being local (Ct) I have a direct in with you, right?? ;)

SD_haze

Hey Steele,

Have you seen the Rotameter beta part in action? Would it be possible to ever have that connected to a Steele Concept? It seems cool for a long, steady vapor draw.

rotameterbeta.jpg

"A rotameter is a flow meter that uses a float suspended in fluid flow inside a variable area container. The level that the float floats indicates the flow rate.

This module includes a FL-819 rotometer, calibrated for 2-30 Lpm of air, from Omega Engineering.

By timing your inhalation, the volume of your hit can be easily calculated by multiplying [Time]x[FlowRate]."

Top Bottom