Torches, bangers and carb caps!

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
My ESB spinner cap took an unfortunate fall/break yesterday and I am in need of replacement.

The ESB was +$80 when I bought my bundle, but I'm reluctant to drop the retail $150 for a replacement... there are just too many other options to try.

What is everyone's favorite spinner cap?
I'm tempted to try a Gordo spinner next.

IMO the best spinners are a difficult balance between great function while also limiting airflow.
My lesser favored spinners have too much airflow.

I am not looking to fling pearls around at a zillion milers per hour, just want to create some movement.

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
I have one spinner cap from dabbing warehouse...cheepo, but it spins pearls.

CrazyDiamond,
Reactions: Bologna

MegaMan2k

My ESB spinner cap took an unfortunate fall/break yesterday and I am in need of replacement.

The ESB was +$80 when I bought my bundle, but I'm reluctant to drop the retail $150 for a replacement... there are just too many other options to try.

What is everyone's favorite spinner cap?
I'm tempted to try a Gordo spinner next.

IMO the best spinners are a difficult balance between great function while also limiting airflow.
My lesser favored spinners have too much airflow.

I am not looking to fling pearls around at a zillion milers per hour, just want to create some movement.

If ur rocking a long jaw might wanna stick with the esb spinner, seems like that cap is almost made for that banger the nipple is lowered further into the banger than regular spinner caps that sits at the top, but yea its pretty expensive for a clear cap 150 lol....

How are u liking ur long jaw btw? I been getting some good hits from mine so far, however imo the flared bottom is cool and all but man does it make cleaning 10x more exhausting....

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
haven’t got one of these yet but will let you know if/when I do. Hoping it’s a good balance between movement and airflow:
View attachment 11996
@WelshBrok - Did you ever get this cap? It is very appealing, I am curious how it performs.

If ur rocking a long jaw might wanna stick with the esb spinner, seems like that cap is almost made for that banger the nipple is lowered further into the banger than regular spinner caps that sits at the top, but yea its pretty expensive for a clear cap 150 lol....

How are u liking ur long jaw btw? I been getting some good hits from mine so far, however imo the flared bottom is cool and all but man does it make cleaning 10x more exhausting....
@MegaMan2k - I LOVE the long jawn, in fact, I wish all my bangers had extended 2" x 2" or larger stems. I do not have the standard ESB XL with the flared bottom, I have the Titty as it came with the 350-Titty rig. It is a deep dish, long jawn, but without the flared bottom. https://smallwerldglass.com/350

I just got back from my local head shop and could not resist... they had the entire Gordo lineup of caps. GTR's, CrossCurrent's, and OG's- and all were offered in clear or in different colors.

I was tempted by the CrossCurrent, but ended up with the GTR Bubble and am about to give it a spin.

Kinda have some buyers remorse already for not getting the CrossCurrent, but I tend to favor bubble caps over flat tops... I do appreciate how the airports sit so low on the CrossCurrent.

Last edited:

SixStringToker

Naked member
@SixStringToker hows that one trick pony carb cap?
I love the OTP caps but in order to function properly, they need to be well-matched to the banger. The inner core that goes down into the banger needs to be close to the inside walls of the banger in order for the air grooves to function; they use the walls of the banger to turn those grooves into air channels. If the gap is too big, the walls of the banger won't mechanically complete those air channels and the cyclone action of the airflow will be significantly reduced. With a poor-fitting marble, you'll be hard-pressed to spin any pearls.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
These look like they could be pretty nice for the money ($35)... they don't seem to extend very far, but still far enough...? I kinda like the Maria and that they appear to stand high enough to accommodate a coil and still clear a dewar joint/can... I hate dropdowns... It would be nice to know if they fit a 710Coils deep-dish axial coil w/o any tweaking:
1632062291320.png
1632062313416.png 1632062338158.png
Thoughts anyone...?

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
And I use drop downs on everything, lol. Although we do experiment from time to time.

CrazyDiamond,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
But yeah cold start torch dabs really don't interest me much...
I am a little surprised by this comment knowing what a flavor snob you are. Still a beginner but pretty much everything I am reading says cold dabs are way better for flavor. Am I reading that wrong? Or are you saying you use an enail for them?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I am a little surprised by this comment knowing what a flavor snob you are. Still a beginner but pretty much everything I am reading says cold dabs are way better for flavor. Am I reading that wrong? Or are you saying you use an enail for them?

Yeah but I don't dab for flavor, I don't know I've never really experienced great flavor, even with a cold start, that just seems so much more wasteful to me, and tedious, the loading is especially an ordeal for a cold start in my experience! I have Sequoia that seems like it needs cold start load and I never want to use it lol Dabs are for strength

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Do these big torches like the Bluesky and the Big Buddy require high quality butane like the Torch Lighters do, or can you use cheaper Ronson or other less expensive brands. On the torch lighters I find if I don't use Colobri or Vector (or other highly filtered brands) the lighters don't perform well and may fail.

Shit Snacks

Do these big torches like the Bluesky and the Big Buddy require high quality butane like the Torch Lighters do, or can you use cheaper Ronson or other less expensive brands. On the torch lighters I find if I don't use Colobri or Vector (or other highly filtered brands) the lighters don't perform well and may fail.

Yeah this maybe the case because my blue sky is not working so well with a different random brand of butane someone gave me lol it is so annoying that I cannot order vector from Amazon again bc not allowed to in California, someone please send me some?? I'll pay extra lol thank you

Shit Snacks

I always stick with the highly filtered brands, currently using the Colibri premium in my big shot...don't want anything mucking up the torch as it's the only one I have!

Yeah I may need to buy another after this, like I kept feeling it, but would only be good for one use lol And it felt super cold after using which was not normal, oh well, it was $25 torch, blue sky is great! Somebody send me the good stuff please please :rofl:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
because my blue sky is not working so well
Yeah I may need to buy another after this, like I kept feeling it, but would only be good for one use lol And it felt super cold after using which was not normal, oh well, it was $25 torch, blue sky is great! Somebody send me the good stuff please please :rofl:
Well, that is discouraging, but if you used crap butane I have enough experience with it damaging torch lighters that I will blame it on that. I usually found if I purged the bad butane completely and refilled the lighter with the good stuff, 3 of 4 lighters that went bad were resurrected. One never came back.
Since I have a second attempt to find a banger I like in the mail I suppose I should get a more powerful torch than the torch lighters I have been using and give it a fair shot, but I will try to save a little and get the BlueSky. I hope I'm not wasting $20 to save $10.
And I am hoping to cold dab for flavor, tho the badder I have now is not that tasty.

Shit Snacks

Well, that is discouraging, but if you used crap butane I have enough experience with it damaging torch lighters that I will blame it on that. I usually found if I purged the bad butane completely and refilled the lighter with the good stuff, 3 of 4 lighters that went bad were resurrected. One never came back.
Since I have a second attempt to find a banger I like in the mail I suppose I should get a more powerful torch than the torch lighters I have been using and give it a fair shot, but I will try to save a little and get the BlueSky. I hope I'm not wasting $20 to save $10.
And I am hoping to cold dab for flavor, tho the badder I have now is not that tasty.

No the blue sky is great, zero problems with it, like I said this is different butane, and it just is not working normally because of that... I don't even think I need to purge, it's just weird I'll fill it up and use it once, then I come back to it and it's empty, and when I was using it it became ice cold lol This stuff is five times filtered, and I guess that is not enough, for whatever reason is just not working normally and I don't really understand it, but using Newport and Vector brand butane the blue sky torch was working like a dream, hopefully it will again once I can get nice butane again, but I don't know how and when I can without shipping lol

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Got a nimbus onetrickpony cap in a drop last week, enjoying it but as mentioned above the fit is key. It spins well in all my bangers, but a few does take a slight shift to tighten up a channel against the wall... real pretty though and I like the solid marble design with no need to clean internally.

Anyone else see the latest offering from ESB? It is a hybrid slurper/banger and can be used either way... I am not a slurper, but this one does have my attention.

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
I've seen a lot of newer banger designs from various entities of IG...one I might try is the Pharo from Tiki Glass. And now you also have bangers with holes drilled in them to make them auto spinners as well.

CrazyDiamond,

Shit Snacks

No the blue sky is great, zero problems with it, like I said this is different butane, and it just is not working normally because of that... I don't even think I need to purge, it's just weird I'll fill it up and use it once, then I come back to it and it's empty, and when I was using it it became ice cold lol This stuff is five times filtered, and I guess that is not enough, for whatever reason is just not working normally and I don't really understand it, but using Newport and Vector brand butane the blue sky torch was working like a dream, hopefully it will again once I can get nice butane again, but I don't know how and when I can without shipping lol

Okay turns out the smoke shop around the corner from me is pretty well stocked with glass for one thing (uh oh no lol) I thought it was more of an e-cig shop, but anyway they have Newport butane at least! That's the nicest one they have, they say, I didn't know the other brands but I saw a one head of 5x so not going to bother, Newport was working fine in my blue sky before so hopefully should get me back the normal! I think it was okay to use with a direct inhale torch butane convection vape in the past, though I had switched to vector for a reason, I don't really use those type of vapes much at all anymore these days anyway... So I'll be back up soon!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
My Blusky arrived today from Amazon. It came in a generic white box that says "GAS Torch" on a logo printed on the box with no brand or decal or labeling on the can. There is a small sticker on the box that says Haavetik Big Butane Torch, and they are the company that makes the Blusky so I am golden. It's probably just sold under a variety of labels.
Hey, I know it's a $20 torch and I shouldn't expect much but it seems fine. I fired up a dab and it worked significantly better than the torch lighters I have been using. They are kinda low powered and slow.

Later: Looks like I found the original manufacturer of this torch. Or at least someone near the source. Pretty cheap in quantities of 500 or more...

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

My Blusky arrived today from Amazon. It came in a generic white box that says "GAS Torch" on a logo printed on the box with no brand or decal or labeling on the can. There is a small sticker on the box that says Haavetik Big Butane Torch, and they are the company that makes the Blusky so I am golden. It's probably just sold under a variety of labels.
Hey, I know it's a $20 torch and I shouldn't expect much but it seems fine. I fired up a dab and it worked significantly better than the torch lighters I have been using. They are kinda low powered and slow.

Later: Looks like I found the original manufacturer of this torch. Or at least someone near the source. Pretty cheap in quantities of 500 or more...

Right?? I think it's too overkill to pay more, glad I did not shell out for Blazer personally

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Yeah, it's available from all the china vendors with various labels and pricing. The Amazon price is among the cheapest, and they included this is the box which is nice if the torch fails. It doesn't seem to have a time limit...
torch.jpg

Top Bottom