• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Torches, bangers and carb caps!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Why the aversion to head shops? Certainly would be the easiest way to check one out.

Are you not vaccinated? If concerned over COVID, perhaps go during off hours (usually right when they open) to avoid any other customers.

Meh I am but I didn't really want to leave the house before either lol personally I see more annoyance in finding a head shop that has one for me to play with and going there than just not knowing! :mental: but a sale... Damn MM

MegaMan2k

Meh I am but I didn't really want to leave the house before either lol personally I see more annoyance in finding a head shop that has one for me to play with and going there than just not knowing! :mental: but a sale... Damn MM
I feel you, hate going out for random stuff that wasnt absolutely neccesary, i just wanna stay on the farm untill i perish xD

Also, i dont think a shop would let you fill and try one, since they need to be completely empty for if they need to ship them out.
Well unless they have 1 in store actually in use or setup for testing i suppose ^^

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
LOL, can't help but chuckle at the pressure as I read my responses from last night... my apologies!

I am speaking in broad terms but you can buy the right torch once, or buy the wrong one several times. I went through quite a few before landing on Blazer.

For all praise I give this one, and I know I am a fanboy of several products, I don't think anyone could contest that BigShot is one of if not the best in the business.

BUT to play devils advocate, if ALL you ever want to do is cold starts, don't get the Big Shot. It can be overkill in that type of scenario.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Haha thanks, yeah all good, certainly not going to grab one as long as this cheap one is working for me! And I don't use it daily or anything, I rely more on herbs, so should be fine... I won't forget to reconsider though! And yeah my buddy was using his for the cold start dabs and it looked awkward to me, makes sense if I really want to give those more of a try with a torch that I should get the big buddy then? But yeah cold start torch dabs really don't interest me much... :shrug:

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Has anyone tried a Gordo OG (spinner) bubble cap?

The main thing I miss a lot about SiC was the luxury of uptemp dabs with a torched cap.

Last edited:
FlyingLow,
Reactions: lazylathe

MegaMan2k

Im finding as i expand my quartz collection now that theres not really any “golden” number when it comes to temp / dabrite reading

Im not even gonna call it temp any more, My dab-rite reading to get the “same” vapor production on my bangers is as follow ;
Halen#1 560-565
Halen#2 575-580
EvanShore-LongJawn 590-600

Any one else have this ?

MegaMan2k

Agreed, and there basically need to be invented some new sort of technology for measuring surface temps before it will get any better than it is right now.
Im thinking a work around could be as simple as getting one more dabrite device so i dont have to mess with the “eqation” each time i switch rig or banger by moving the flex-arm.

MegaMan2k,
Reactions: arb

lazylathe

Almost there...
I can finally add something to this thread!! :rockon::rockon::rockon:

3 bangers in already and I can see how one type is preferred over another one! Voodoo science!!
These are the bangers I have now, the tiny one is from a LHS and I really like it although it has a convex bottom with a dimple in the middle, a @710Coils 25mm deep dish banger and the @Sneaky Pete thick bottom convex banger. A few carb caps as well...

20210714-195355.jpg

I would not recommend the sneaky pete one, it is very rough and full of lines on the banger floor. Not very good quality although the hits are pretty good!
R4eally enjoying the 710 banger and the tiny one for now.

Also decided against the coil for an enail setup... Tried it for a while but those cold starts have got me hooked...
Terp pearls also seem to be more hassle than good with cold starts for me.

And I also understand the need for the bigger torch!
One will be purchased soon.

Oh and I picked this guy up...

Screenshot-20210714-190730-DHgate.jpg

Should be here in a month from China.

arb

Semi shaved ape
I can finally add something to this thread!! :rockon::rockon::rockon:

3 bangers in already and I can see how one type is preferred over another one! Voodoo science!!
These are the bangers I have now, the tiny one is from a LHS and I really like it although it has a convex bottom with a dimple in the middle, a @710Coils 25mm deep dish banger and the @Sneaky Pete thick bottom convex banger. A few carb caps as well...

20210714-195355.jpg

I would not recommend the sneaky pete one, it is very rough and full of lines on the banger floor. Not very good quality although the hits are pretty good!
R4eally enjoying the 710 banger and the tiny one for now.

Also decided against the coil for an enail setup... Tried it for a while but those cold starts have got me hooked...
Terp pearls also seem to be more hassle than good with cold starts for me.

And I also understand the need for the bigger torch!
One will be purchased soon.

Oh and I picked this guy up...

Screenshot-20210714-190730-DHgate.jpg

Should be here in a month from China.
I have that exact piece it is very small.

arb

Semi shaved ape
17 Chinese centimeters...
Slightly different to the usually accepted 17 standard centimeters...🤣😂🤣😂
Oh boy!!!

Thanks for sharing the pic!
Be interesting to see what I get!
That's the funniest part about Chinese glass..........you just never know.
😂

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
What options are there for long/extended neck bangers?

I have really fallen for the Long Jawn Titty from Evan Shore, and was curious what other offerings might be out there.

FlyingLow,
Top Bottom