TiStem for Tinymight (shipped from EU)

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
I'm considering a short stem, also how did you get that finish on your TM?
Are you talking about wood?
I cleaned it with this and applied black beeswax. It was two years ago and I haven't done anything else.
If you're referring to aluminum plates, it's one of the first units that had a different finish than now.

Short TiStem ready for shipping on monday :brow:

dzoinp,

kanal

Hello, would it be also possible for you to make a Ti stem for the Toad?

kanal,

kanal

OD: 14mm, ID 11mm, 75mm length. But the ID is not that important, because it uses a screen which is a little bit flexible

kanal,

sickmanfraud

I just tried my Ti stem for the first time. Nice, smooth feel on the lips. With the regular cooling unit and Ti stem the vapor was thick and cool. Very pleasant.

I see one potential problem if you have a hot glass stem in front of you you can see which end is hot and which end is not. Since you can't see through Titanium we will all have to be careful not to overdo it and pick the stem up by the hot end.

All in all a very worthwhile purchase! I endorse The Ti stem.

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
I see one potential problem if you have a hot glass stem in front of you you can see which end is hot and which end is not. Since you can't see through Titanium we will all have to be careful not to overdo it and pick the stem up by the hot end.
Hi @sickmanfraud if you always insert the stem with the same orientation it will be slightly marked on the side that enters the TM .
On my personal one I made a small mark all around it, like a ring. With it all inserted I made a line around it with the help of a picktool

ploooopp

Are you talking about wood?
I cleaned it with this and applied black beeswax. It was two years ago and I haven't done anything else.
If you're referring to aluminum plates, it's one of the first units that had a different finish than now.

Short TiStem ready for shipping on monday :brow:
Cool! I wanna buy the short stem with the balls :D

ploooopp,

MDude

Is anyone here using it with half cooling unit and balls? What is the difference between this and using the regular cooling unit?

MDude,

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
Is anyone here using it with half cooling unit and balls? What is the difference between this and using the regular cooling unit?

@dzoinp:
I continue to use 6 5mm SSballs within 1/2 CU and I find it equivalent to the original with the full CU and the nuts and washers. If I thought it wasn't enough I would use the complete CU with 12 balls.

dzoinp,
Reactions: MDude

DillGaff

@dzoinp
really like the look of your ti stems!
have you ever considered using a thicker-walled tubing to help with cooling,
instead of the cooling units & balls?

Last edited:
DillGaff,

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
@dzoinp
really like the look of your ti stems!
have you ever considered using a thicker-walled tubing to help with cooling,
instead of the cooling units & balls?
Glad you like it...thanks
No..because it would decrease the vaporization area, which I think is one of the TM's secrets.
But I'm working on an alternative cooling solution. Waiting for material to put into practice;)

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
Have you considered a medium length, something in between the short and long?
Yes, initially I made it to measure.
But I only had two requests for measurements different from the original sizes 55mm and 80mm
I'm now buying pre-cut. That's why and for now, the sizes I have for delivery are 60mm and 80mm.

sickmanfraud

Yes, initially I made it to measure.
But I only had two requests for measurements different from the original sizes 55mm and 80mm
I'm now buying pre-cut. That's why and for now, the sizes I have for delivery are 60mm and 80mm.

Is there any way to have one end tapered enough to fit in an 18mm Jhook or water piece? Something to justify the necessity for a second Ti stem?

sickmanfraud,

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
Is there any way to have one end tapered enough to fit in an 18mm Jhook or water piece? Something to justify the necessity for a second Ti stem?
It seems difficult to me as I don't have any of those pieces of glass around to test. :rolleyes:
But 18mm? Eventually it would only be possible for 14mm, since the OD of the stem is 16mm. Anyway, it would always be a very small contact surface... I think

dzoinp,
Top Bottom