TinyMight / TM 2

SquirrelMaster

Thinking of purchasing, is the additional cooling unit a must? How do the cooling units work exactly?
Depends on your personality. If you like having a back up so you always have one clean then sure go for it but I wouldn't say you "need" extras. They're very solid units and the worst thing to worry about would be losing o- rings of which I would get extras. I personally think it's well worth it to add an extra but I like having spares for all my stuff even if it's unneccessary.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I very much agree with @SquirrelMaster – I wouldn't consider an extra cooling unit a must at all, since cleaning it is a matter of a mere 15 minutes iso soaking & hot rinsing anyways. I have a spare cu, but still use the same one my TM came with, even with its original o rings. However, since those o rings are pretty small and crucial for the cooling unit to serve properly, I recommend getting a bag of those. They seem to be much more must-haves to me.

Zisso

Hey Folks,

I’ve had my TM since early May and it’s been a great little device, however I’m noticing some heating issues.

It seems that my TM is no longer hitting as hard as it used to. I used to start at 3.5 - 5 and then crank it up to 6-7 and I’d get huge quick hits without any issues. Now I have to put it at 5-7 and pull slowly for a long time to get similar results.

I could be wrong but it’s almost as if the heater is dying on me.

Anyone seeing similar issues??

SquirrelMaster

Hey Folks,

I’ve had my TM since early May and it’s been a great little device, however I’m noticing some heating issues.

It seems that my TM is no longer hitting as hard as it used to. I used to start at 3.5 - 5 and then crank it up to 6-7 and I’d get huge quick hits without any issues. Now I have to put it at 5-7 and pull slowly for a long time to get similar results.

Check your batteries, specifically the negative end, for build up. A pencil eraser works really well for taking it off and try to clean to the thread and back side of the battery terminal that screws into the device. I'm curious if that could be your issue.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Yeah, I prefer larger hits so the Grav stem, while an attractive enough hack, doesn't provide adequate cooling when it comes time to finish the bowl.

Rather than buying extra stems and cooling units I just get by on the one included short stem and primarily use the TM at home with j-hooks. The ritual is great: just putting the TM on the hook when it reaches temp as if was a pipe lighter. Two hand operation isn't for everyone and of course it isn't portable at all in this use case. Still, the flavor is better without that stainless cooling unit in the airpath and I can go longer between cleanings since I use the j-hooks way more often than the stock short stem.

That said, I'd have to agree that if I was only using the cooling unit stem I'd want at least one backup because it'd clog too quickly otherwise.

Agreed on the Grav Stem. Its best for a couple of smaller, lower temp hits...anything more than that it starts to get real hot. Both the vapor and the stem itself. For bigger hits the stems with cooling unit is much better... I havent gotten to try a J hook or running it through water yet, but I will!

I’ve only used the stock (short) stem with the cooling unit. Indeed, I ordered an extra of each since receiving my Tinymight 6+ months ago. Can’t hurt to try a 3rd party stem (which I don’t currently own) without a cooling unit. Just start at low temp and work your way up if it’s palatable, that’s all. This vape is so versatile as we’ve all discovered. And it works all too well for me natively with the stock stem and CU, just the way I like it. OK, I did mate it with my glass rig once and it was great/fun with the stock stem and cooling unit, though I did crank up the temp then going through water. Cheers. :peace:

@Vaporific yeah the only stem I've tried at all without a CU was the 3rd party grav stem, which I didn't love, but I did notice some positives. I was just saying maybe I'll try the stock short stem without a CU just for shits and giggles.

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Agreed on the Grav Stem. Its best for a couple of smaller, lower temp hits...anything more than that it starts to get real hot. Both the vapor and the stem itself. For bigger hits the stems with cooling unit is much better... I havent gotten to try a J hook or running it through water yet, but I will!
You've probably already seen me post this but the custom j-hooks from Oregonglassblower.com are super cool.
00000IMG_00000_BURST20200807170336124_COVER.jpg

Zisso

Check your batteries, specifically the negative end, for build up. A pencil eraser works really well for taking it off and try to clean to the thread and back side of the battery terminal that screws into the device. I'm curious if that could be your issue.
I’ll give it a shot. Thanks for the suggestion!

karec

Hey Folks,

Before jumping to early conclusions, did you change the flower you were using before? higher humidity may produce smaller clouds so the flower is number 1 thing, then batteries, and finally device issues. Not saying that what you are experiencing is not true and maybe your device can be faulty and producing less heat.
Clean the contacts like @SquirrelMaster is advising.

Cheers
😎

PossumMD

Before jumping to early conclusions, did you change the flower you were using before? higher humidity may produce smaller clouds so the flower is number 1 thing, then batteries, and finally device issues. Not saying that what you are experiencing is not true and maybe your device can be faulty and producing less heat.
Clean the contacts like @SquirrelMaster is advising.

Cheers
😎
For what it's worth, I'm having the same issues too. Have cleaned contacts, it helps for about four bowls. And I'm microdosing. So, I'm not having huge bowls.

PossumMD,

SquirrelMaster

@bossman @BrianTL
When I finish a bowl with the Grav Labs stem it can be pretty warm for sure, much more so than cooling unit included stems but I haven't noticed that during the session. It's that amazing mouthpiece doing a bait and switch on me while it feels so good on my lips. I do notice slightly warmer vapour but it's not until I pull the stem out that it can feel pretty hot. I have 3 of the Grav stems so I do sometimes swap at that point or hold them in front of a fan to cool a little.

Zisso

For what it's worth, I'm having the same issues too. Have cleaned contacts, it helps for about four bowls. And I'm microdosing. So, I'm not having huge bowls.
So it isn’t just me. I’m hesitant to send it back as I’ve heard CS is struggling at the minute. Are you getting the same issue where you feel like it’s just lost it’s umph?

Zisso,

PossumMD

So it isn’t just me. I’m hesitant to send it back as I’ve heard CS is struggling at the minute. Are you getting the same issue where you feel like it’s just lost it’s umph?
Yeah, when I first got it 8 was what I vaped at and at ten the herb would be black and almost burnt. Now, at a 10, it's a light golden. Barely vaped.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
If cleaning the contacts didn't help someone who knows more may have more options to try but if I were you I'd contact the maker and ask for the instructions on how to tune your tinymight, it's just a sequence of button presses that you can do yourself

Bad Dog,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
@bossman @BrianTL
When I finish a bowl with the Grav Labs stem it can be pretty warm for sure, much more so than cooling unit included stems but I haven't noticed that during the session. It's that amazing mouthpiece doing a bait and switch on me while it feels so good on my lips. I do notice slightly warmer vapour but it's not until I pull the stem out that it can feel pretty hot. I have 3 of the Grav stems so I do sometimes swap at that point or hold them in front of a fan to cool a little.
Sorry if we've already talked about it but did you spring for one of these yet? I was just pimping them at you in the Splinter thread.
IMG_20200807_110302~2.jpg
Is this vape good for flavor chasers?
The Tinymight is very good for flavor and even better with a j-hook instead of the stainless steel cooling unit.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I haven't gotten my TM yet but the only extra I ordered was a pack of ORings. I'm expecting to use it with water mostly at home and have several RBT stems for that. Out and about I suspect the short stem with the CU should be fine, and since I don't use vapes that much away from home I shouldn't really need a second one unless I break it.

PossumMD

If cleaning the contacts didn't help someone who knows more may have more options to try but if I were you I'd contact the maker and ask for the instructions on how to tune your tinymight, it's just a sequence of button presses that you can do yourself
Be nice if I could get a reply in the month and a half I've been emailing. I get why people don't want to publish how to do it, but given how poor Cs is, I need someone here to tell me how, because I'm sure as shit not getting any official help...

Zisso

Be nice if I could get a reply in the month and a half I've been emailing. I get why people don't want to publish how to do it, but given how poor Cs is, I need someone here to tell me how, because I'm sure as shit not getting any official help...
Amen to that. I heard it took someone 5 weeks to get a response.
I’m genuinely curious why the unit is losing its strength.
Also, if anyone has the info on tweaking the settings they could always send them to us directly in a private message. That would keep things relatively honest.

Top Bottom