TinyMight / TM 2

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
Well, the 4mm stainless steel spheres have arrived
I put 13 inside a half cooling unit, with a screen preventing the holes from blocking. And the original CU screen in the other side
For me it's more than approved...they maintain a good airflow and work better than the nut and washers... on top of that, half a cooling unit is more than enough! If you want more cooling use the complete cooling unit

PXL-20211015-151342607.jpg
PXL-20211015-151437798.jpg

PXL-20211015-152515913.jpg
PXL-20211015-174602556.jpg

PXL-20211015-174502812.jpg

Last edited:

androponic

vaped.
I put 13 inside a half cooling unit, with a screen preventing the holes from blocking. And the original CU screen in the other side
For me it's more than approved...they maintain a good airflow and work better than the nut and washers... on top of that, half a cooling unit is more than enough! If you want more cooling use the complete cooling unit

PXL-20211015-151342607.jpg
PXL-20211015-151437798.jpg

PXL-20211015-152515913.jpg
PXL-20211015-174602556.jpg

PXL-20211015-174502812.jpg
got a link for the ones you got there? Thx!

androponic,

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
got a link for the ones you got there? Thx!

Does anyone have any good techniques on easily stirring the bowl with out making a mess?
@Seantagon , with my mod screen(heater) you can easly stirr... just cover the stem with a finger and shake

Last edited:

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I've never had any reason to complain about my vt6's I always felt they were pretty good but these molicel's are something else :o I started the day early at 4 with my new molicel with its first charge and I've been vaping throughout the day, really temp stepping a lot some times from 2 to 10 1 step at a time. I finally hit two buzzes now this is where things get ticklish with my Sony's sometimes I get a bowl or two sometimes it dies mid bowl on the attempt. how would the molicel do if you push it? I was also wondering if they would do something my Sonys never have, give me one buzz? so I thought I would try some one hitters, I got up to 5 and was still getting two buzzes lol but I was really high and didn't want to push the cell any harder, it proved itself !

my tinymight just seems to be running better today? the hum seemed a little louder, seemed to heat a little faster? avb could have been a bit darker? I'm way to high to be certain about anything right now not to mention its only been one day and one charge so too early to draw any conclusions but so far im very impressed. my tinymight just seemed happier today?

Seantagon

Are you using the basket screens? With those you usually don't need any stir.
I am not using basket screens. Is why ppl use them? I thought it was more to help with keeping it clean. I think my prob is my CU is too far back making the bowl too big thus needing to stir mid sesh.

Yea, it looks like the same wood with a different finish:

main-1000x1000.jpg

::sigh:: I've ordered mine. Here's the listing:

Thanks for posting pic. I meant to in my original post but thought uploads err disabled. How can I post a pic please.

Seantagon,

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I think my prob is my CU is too far back making the bowl too big thus needing to stir mid sesh.
I and some others herein prescribe to the load size being no higher than the width of the stem (stock). That’s my rule of thumb and it works for me - every single time. Actually it’s a rule of pinky for me cause that’s the only finger I can use to gently tamp a load just a bit before the end of the stem - always have two with me and I can’t lose them:D :peace:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I know I talked about my VAS being cured, but that little mention of PACT has got it flaring again and I'm now thinking about getting a backup TM... which reminds me of the age old question...

Is it still VAS if one is buying a backup or replacement for a broken vape? 🤔
I think it was the early discussion of and frustration with the PACT act that originally drove me to the decision to get a backup. I think fear of the PACT act has driven a lot of sales...
I am not using basket screens. Is why ppl use them? I thought it was more to help with keeping it clean. I think my prob is my CU is too far back making the bowl too big thus needing to stir mid sesh.
One of the reason I like basket screens is that they can be easily removed without getting behind them. I haven't yet bought a nippled stem dedicated to the TM for fear screen removal might be a problem. Now that I have a few rimmed screens I can easily remove I may do so.

cybrguy,

TeaCup

@androponic made a good point – the TM has a temp sensor that will adapt the power to your draw, which means that the temps will stay the same no matter how hard you draw, as opposed to a heating element that gets cooler the harder you hit it.

Is this true? So far this is the only mentioning of this I've found in the thread. I only ask because I constantly forget which vape does what. I'm really bad at the final extraction phase pretty much across the board with all my convection vapes and I sometimes have a hard time understanding why and this might help me remember better I think.

TeaCup,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I've broken my long bent cooling stem.. anyone know where I get one in England?.

Thanks

The one from TM? Order it again, from TM...

Is this true? So far this is the only mentioning of this I've found in the thread. I only ask because I constantly forget which vape does what. I'm really bad at the final extraction phase pretty much across the board with all my convection vapes and I sometimes have a hard time understanding why and this might help me remember better I think.

Yes, that is the benefit of power and temperature regulation with pure convection on demand... You can use high temperature settings and different draw for a vape like this, and it should work fine, there are a lot of other variables though with how you load what you are loading how you use it exactly, but yes it depends on the convection vape, if it is fully power and temp regulated they should all be doing this... But a lot of pure convection on demand is not fully temp /batt regulated.

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: TeaCup

TeaCup

You can use high temperature settings and different draw for a vape like this, and it should work fine

SS, is it generally possible (I'm sure it's possible for atleast some of the people) but is it possible to fully extract at high temps and not have a little charring? Not just specific to this vape, I mean convection in general. I get really down on myself trying to get the most perfect uniformed hits, and I'm starting to wonder if I'm just being a little too unrealistic.

Shit Snacks

SS, is it generally possible (I'm sure it's possible for atleast some of the people) but is it possible to fully extract at high temps and not have a little charring? Not just specific to this vape, I mean convection in general. I get really down on myself trying to get the most perfect uniformed hits, and I'm starting to wonder if I'm just being a little too unrealistic.

Yeah but it is tough, because the herbs that are closest to the heater could get darker than the ones beneath them, you can avoid this by trying not to pack too close to the heater, getting the pack and grind consistency right, along with your draw and power settings, it's definitely possible, though not necessarily that easy! When I am doing one hitter bowls through water, it is usually at level 5 to 6, medium fine consistent grind if possible, filling the basket but not up to the edge of the wpa stem... Even like this I am often getting darker top, maybe not the most even extraction, but more thorough this way, similar to using my tetra and splinterZ and log vapes. I just think it is tricky, it takes a while to really hone in for optimal performance, but I think the point is it's not even necessary... Like it is possible, you're not necessarily being unrealistic, however you certainly should not be hard on yourself! It's not that important, but yeah this is why I like to do one hitter bowls for high temp quick extractions, loading less, because then you don't have to worry about it being a thorough even extraction, it's okay to have the top be a little darker than the bottom, because with a vape like this (and those other two) the extraction is fully thorough, having some darker and lighter bits does not really matter, if you were to load it in something else you wouldn't get anything useful out of it, so yeah I think you're getting good full extraction and you are not helping yourself by being OCD about the uniformedness of the extraction imo though I know it is not something that is easy to control for yourself! Good luck bud

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I only get some char/blacking when I use the TM through a water rig. I don’t do it often enough to master. Even my medium to small size rigs, take a decent amount of pulling, by the time it’s milking up, I’m out of breath, so I’m pretty sure it’s breath control or lack of, as I get more even loads using the TM native.

minasch

Can anyone recommend me basket screens for the 18,8 WPA that I can order in Europe, preferably in Germany?

minasch,

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Yeah probably get a big sting from customs with all this Brexit lark!.

Maybe not I dunno I'll look into it...

Hopefully I can find one in the UK .
I don't think you'll find one in the UK, but please share a link of you do manage to! Best bet for domestic is to find a J hook if you already have a WPA
Can anyone recommend me basket screens for the 18,8 WPA that I can order in Europe, preferably in Germany?
If you mean rimmed basket screens, you'll have to order from TM, the rims are custom sized and are smaller than normal.

SquirrelMaster

@androponic made a good point – the TM has a temp sensor that will adapt the power to your draw, which means that the temps will stay the same no matter how hard you draw, as opposed to a heating element that gets cooler the harder you hit it.
Yes, that is the benefit of power and temperature regulation with pure convection on demand... You can use high temperature settings and different draw for a vape like this, and it should work fine, there are a lot of other variables though with how you load what you are loading how you use it exactly, but yes it depends on the convection vape, if it is fully power and temp regulated they should all be doing this... But a lot of pure convection on demand is not fully temp /batt regulated.
I was under the impression there was not a specific temperature sensor, not like the Bowle. Temperature control is made possible through coil resistance monitoring is it not? If not I'd expect a little sensor above the coil.

beluga808

I recently used a basket screen from one of my dreamwood vapes spare kits... It should have been this one. But the diameter makes me wonder a bit. Shouldn't it be at least 14mm for the tinymight?

beluga808,
Reactions: minasch

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
One of the reason I like basket screens is that they can be easily removed without getting behind them
I meant rimmed basket screens...
I put 13 inside a half cooling unit, with a screen preventing the holes from blocking.
How do the steel balls compare to glass for heat reduction, assuming you have tried glass?

Last edited:
cybrguy,

Shit Snacks

I was under the impression there was not a specific temperature sensor, not like the Bowle. Temperature control is made possible through coil resistance monitoring is it not? If not I'd expect a little sensor above the coil.

Oh I have no idea, I mean it's not like the bowle really has such specific temperatures anyway, just four settings, and it can change based on how you draw, the extraction... Anyway temp control based off the resistance is still useful to accomplish what I was describing, I think, but I don't know it's all so relative anyway, with pure convection on demand and nonspecific temperature settings, variations in the way people load and draw and use the button, yeah I don't know all I know is this and that being fully regulated make them much easier to use any which way compared to some other pure convection on demand I have experienced?

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: TeaCup
Top Bottom