Time for a new vaporizer but need advice on which one?

pondcaster

Short time lurker, new member needing some advice, if possible. Hope this isn't against etiquette...if so, please forgive and disregard. Although thread title pretty much says it, below is a little more info that would hopefully help make an informed decision.

Quick vape history, we've had a few vapes over the last 6 or 7 years and have enjoyed them all at the time.

Started off with the Flowermate (v1?) and eventually to the updated v5 (I think it was?). Had a couple of them but passed along to friends as we "upgraded".

Next one was the Xmax Starry (POTV) couple years later and we really loved that one until the plastic on the mouthpieces kept cracking so on to a newer model.

After the Starry, we purchased the ONE (POTV) and it seemed like the best but after a couple of years of non-stop use, the plastic area where the mouthpieces attach must have worn down or something but now they no longer work. I would probably just replace the mouthpiece but I'm not certain that would fix the issue.

Soooo, it's vape shopping time again and after looking around the net for "Best of 2022" and threads like that, I'm hoping to go straight to the professionals and see what's the best options for us now. Have only purchased from POTV and can't say enough good about that seller but wonder what else is out there that they don't sell?

I wish that I'd just gotten a Mighty all those years ago but I just can't bring myself to pay that much for a portable vaporizer, I guess? I know I've spent more on the ones I got over the years but with the newer models out there, I'm just hoping to find the right one now.

Portable, reputable name, good battery life and less than $200. Any and all advice or direction is greatly appreciated!

pondcaster,

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
Do you use water at all or only native off devices? The only reason I ask is if you plan to use water the Boundless Tera is a great Mighty alternative for less than $200. I don’t use it without water but I’ve heard those that do say it’s not its strong suit.

I will never understand Mighty hate, for those who have many vapes in their collection the Mighty tends to find its way towards the top. Avoiding the Mighty is letting perfection get in the way of greatness IMO.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Do you use water at all or only native off devices? The only reason I ask is if you plan to use water the Boundless Tera is a great Mighty alternative for less than $200. I don’t use it without water but I’ve heard those that do say it’s not its strong suit.

I will never understand Mighty hate, for those who have many vapes in their collection the Mighty tends to find its way towards the top. Avoiding the Mighty is letting perfection get in the way of greatness IMO.
To the top of the classifieds maybe. :brow: I suspect it's because your other portables are long in the tooth (e.g. Tera, Vapcap, POTV One) that you give such high marks to the Mighty, that ugly plastic weed hog.

No offense to you personally, I'd just be more curious about your ranking if it wasn't opposite more entry-level portables from several years ago. Have you tried the Tinymight, FW7, or V3 Pro? Granted they won't cook .3g just sitting there between hits like the Mighty... or I guess I should say just laying there since after twelve years the Mighty still doesn't stand up without a plastic stand (sold separately).

Granted our OP has also only experienced cheaper older session vapes, but even with a $200 budget he can do better these days. The V3 Pro is especially worthy of consideration just because it's so damned affordable with such consistent, easy extraction.

Did you catch that deal around the holidays when Boundless had the Tera on sale for $75? If ever there was a time to buy a five year old chonker of a portable that was it.

Timps27

Yep, but I believe it was $65 I paid for my Tera :)

Your complaints about the Mighty seem to be all about aesthetic and misuse related. Perhaps it’s not the right vape for you, that is the case for plenty of people I’m sure, but it has absolutely nothing to do with the objective performance of the device itself. Haven’t tried the V3 pro, and if I were in the market for a One/Fury competitor I would absolutely have that in my cart.

When you say things like “Fuck X” it’s hard to take any opinion seriously as your immense bias has been clearly displayed.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yep, but I believe it was $65 I paid for my Tera :)

Your complaints about the Mighty seem to be all about aesthetic and misuse related. Perhaps it’s not the right vape for you, that is the case for plenty of people I’m sure, but it has absolutely nothing to do with the objective performance of the device itself. Haven’t tried the V3 pro, and if I were in the market for a One/Fury competitor I would absolutely have that in my cart.

When you say things like “Fuck X” it’s hard to take any opinion seriously as your immense bias has been clearly displayed.

Yeah I think he just gets tired of saying the same thing over and over again with his full diatribe against it? lol but you do make a fair point!

With the mighty the flaws are not just the aesthetics (though they are absolutely terrible imo) in my experience, the form factor is just inconvenient, a bit ergonomically, but more so as he said for loading and such, to stand upright it is a delicate balance, a pretty silly design, although if you are using capsules I guess it wouldn't bother you (but don't get me started on those capsules because I hate them so much lol)

But all the plastic, it's not just aesthetic that it's not so nice, it doesn't feel nice, I also really don't care for the radiator heat sink design, the way it feels or looks, but more so the plastic cooling unit mouthpiece set up, it's really not nice, not premium feeling, for the price especially imo... Then you have the non-replaceable battery?

Then there are the actual performance issues, by which I mean, the extremely slow heat up, the constant cooking in between hits, non-removable chamber with not my favorite materials used (aluminum instead of steel) and the limited temp control, not that I need to go so high in my temp settings, but I don't feel like I was getting full extraction, and on the low end it wasn't so enjoyable or flavorful, not compared to others I am used to, sure it is great for the simple session style type of vape in a sense, but I think all these limitations along with the price actually make it quite less than great...

On top of all that, it has less power, than much of the on-demand pure convection vapes bossman and I lean toward, hit for hit bowl for bowl and also seems to be less powerful than the FW7 which could be considered a more similar hybrid type of heating in a sense?

The mighty is popular because of S&B basically, for some people this is the ideal, for people like me it is sort of a waste of time and money :rofl:

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Your complaints about the Mighty seem to be all about aesthetic and misuse related. Perhaps it’s not the right vape for you, that is the case for plenty of people I’m sure, but it has absolutely nothing to do with the objective performance of the device itself.
^ You can quote someone when you reply to them.

Though it does look like a walkie-talkie from the eighties, my critique is almost all to do with the performance of the Mighty itself (and I was asking if you've used any of those newer portables I recommend, not just the modest V3). I'll break it down one time like we do:

The Mighty has...
A plastic vapor path
An anoying to clean cooling unit
An internal battery
Long heat up time
A weak conduction heater (cooking your weed between hits when used as intended)
No ability to stand up without accessories
A plastic body that feels cheap with useless fins that can break

The things they addressed more than ten years late with the Mighty+ were to line the aluminum oven with ceramic and I think it finally got USB-C to replace the proprietary charger that would otherwise still be on the con list.

Again, that's me only listing the functional shortcomings. Isn't the msrp still $349 too foh lordy

I like to say fuck the Mighty in the which vape threads because it provides a counter narrative to less-informed shoppers who before they first post here searched "best vaporizer" and listened to Troy from like 2017.

Plus fuck is in the name of the forum so it hits different than saying it in a conference room or cafe.

Edit: And as usual all the stuff @Shit Snacks said too 😂 Thanks for holding me down dude!

pondcaster

Just want to say a huge "THANK YOU" to all who have posted. I definitely appreciate the education. And I do mean education. Truth is, I always thought the Mighty was tops because of the handful of reviews I'd seen/read over the years. Sounds like I'm glad I didn't go that route...

Leaning hard toward the V3 Pro!

Shit Snacks

Just want to say a huge "THANK YOU" to all who have posted. I definitely appreciate the education. And I do mean education. Truth is, I always thought the Mighty was tops because of the handful of reviews I'd seen/read over the years. Sounds like I'm glad I didn't go that route...

One thing to keep in mind for the v3pro that you will see in the thread for it, there is a lot of airflow, so to get thicker hits, you may want to cover half of the holes or 3/4 with a rubber band type thing or even just your hand... Depending on how you draw on it, it is a very nice versatile vape, especially for the price, you can also grab the WPA a glass j hook and water piece for home use... :tup:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure

Sorry for the indulgent deep-dive on Mighty shortcomings. It does have pretty ideal draw resistance. Even with the convenience of dosing capsules (also aluminum) I'd always prefer the same amount of weed through any of a half dozen portables, from boutique stuff like the Firewood7 and Tinymight down to entrants like the V3 Pro that are just no brainer choices for vapor quality and value.

I don't even hate the Mighty! They are dead easy and they do extract eventually. If I was visiting some oldster with a big button phone in an assisted living facility and we each vaped a bowl in his pair of sterilized Mighty plusses (I'm a backups guy) I'd probably just kick back and think, "Damn, I should fuck up a third of a gram on six of these old school mashed potato hits back at the crib on occasion... in the alloted session time of course."

Razhumikin

Can confirm, I have a ton of portables and basically never use my mighty. Not a fan. I havent tried an xmax v3 pro, but if you really want th b est bang for your buck I think a 510 is the way to go. You should be able to get a splinter v2 pretty cheap, if you ask for someone to sell you one here or on EE (in fact, a splinter, mod, and 2 stems are available on EE right now for 170), or an iheat is only $100, and I think you can easily get a 510, an AF capable mod, and a few stems for under $200. No other portable in that price range will hit as well or be as versatile in terms of being both a heavy hitter and a sipper.

Vaporware

From what I’ve heard the V3 Pro is a worthy option in the category you’re looking at, but personally I would see if I could fix the One and save a little more or keep an eye on the classifieds for something that cost $200-300+ new. Not to waste money, but because the best and highest quality stuff is in that range.

If you do that you might want to start another Ask FC thread with more details about what you like and need in a vaporizer, or just read other threads and get an idea of highly recommended models. The V3 Pro probably qualifies right now, but most wouldn’t choose it over some others that are more expensive.

On the other hand, if you beat these things up and you need something rugged or cheaply replaceable you might want to stay in the lower range.

Oh, and if you can handle learning the techniques there’s a decent selection of butane powered options in the sub-$200 range, but they would all be different to use and take some degree of effort to learn. Some (like the VapCap, probably the new Anvil, etc.) are nearly indestructible too.

The 510 mod based stuff @Razhumikin is talking about is also a good option, but better for people who are good with computers/complex electronics and a bit of tinkering to get the results you want dialed in.

If this is all too much and you just want to go with the V3 Pro, based on what you’ve had so far I think you’ll be happy.

Good luck:cheers:

Timps27

Yeah I think he just gets tired of saying the same thing over and over again with his full diatribe against it? lol but you do make a fair point!

There are plenty of devices which are objectively crap; but to simply say "Fuck X" is the most bias driven, least objective reference you could possibly make.

With the mighty the flaws are not just the aesthetics (though they are absolutely terrible imo) in my experience, the form factor is just inconvenient, a bit ergonomically, but more so as he said for loading and such, to stand upright it is a delicate balance, a pretty silly design, although if you are using capsules I guess it wouldn't bother you (but don't get me started on those capsules because I hate them so much lol)

So you have to hold the device while you load it. Is it the most function driven design ever? Not by a very long shot; but not being able to stand up is a use aggravation at best (or if you literally hold every device in your hands as you fill it, a 100% complete and total non-issue).

But all the plastic, it's not just aesthetic that it's not so nice, it doesn't feel nice, I also really don't care for the radiator heat sink design, the way it feels or looks, but more so the plastic cooling unit mouthpiece set up, it's really not nice, not premium feeling, for the price especially imo... Then you have the non-replaceable battery?

100% agreed on the CU cleaning; one of the worst on the market (I've even thought of using a WPA and the Hydro Brick horn to circumvent the CU). But on the flip it has one of the best native CU's of any device. Again, maybe it's not set up the way you like it, cool not the device for you. But aggravating cleaning, again, has nothing to do with the performance of the device.

Then there are the actual performance issues, by which I mean, the extremely slow heat up,

This is as first world of problem as it gets. I use my Mighty many times a day; not once have I ever found myself saying "This ting takes ages to heat up!!!"; I have on demand vapor anytime I want it with the HR; I can wait 60 seconds to take a hit, it's really not a big deal.

the constant cooking in between hits,

It's a hybrid vape, they literally all do this. At best this is a complaint about an entire genre of devices, and a fair one when considering your own use for a device, but hardly a specific problem that is a Mighty problem alone.

non-removable chamber with not my favorite materials used (aluminum instead of steel) and the limited temp control, not that I need to go so high in my temp settings, but I don't feel like I was getting full extraction, and on the low end it wasn't so enjoyable or flavorful, not compared to others I am used to, sure it is great for the simple session style type of vape in a sense, but I think all these limitations along with the price actually make it quite less than great...

"...I think all these limitations along with the price actually make it quite less than great..." for your use. I cannot agree or disagree as this is your own assessment of your vaping requirements. While that calculation is likely to be 100% true for your use; it in no way should be extrapolated as a universal calculation of the devices worth.

On top of all that, it has less power, than much of the on-demand pure convection vapes bossman and I lean toward, hit for hit bowl for bowl and also seems to be less powerful than the FW7 which could be considered a more similar hybrid type of heating in a sense?

Fair enough.

The mighty is popular because of S&B basically, for some people this is the ideal, for people like me it is sort of a waste of time and money :rofl:

Hm, I bought my Mighty because I assessed my lineup and found a use hole which the Mighty fit in quite perfectly. It literally does everything I ask of it for my use, without fail, without hesitation, and without a single complaint.

^ You can quote someone when you reply to them.

Yep, and if you are simply replying directly to only the post above yourself, the quotes only add clutter and detract from the conversation at hand.

Though it does look like a walkie-talkie from the eighties, my critique is almost all to do with the performance of the Mighty itself (and I was asking if you've used any of those newer portables I recommend, not just the modest V3). I'll break it down one time like we do.

Okay.

The Mighty has...
A plastic vapor path

True.

An anoying to clean cooling unit

True.

An internal battery

True.

Long heat up time

Opinion.

A weak conduction heater (cooking your weed between hits when used as intended)

Again, opinion on specifically using a genre of vapes in a way that is less than ideal for that genre of vapes.

No ability to stand up without accessories

False. They stand up on their own. I'm sure the rebuttal is "not well"; cool. Then you should say that, the Mighty stands up on it's own with what comes in it's packaging; however you do not feel that the stand it provided is enough.

A plastic body that feels cheap with useless fins that can break

Opinion on aesthetics.

The things they addressed more than ten years late with the Mighty+ were to line the aluminum oven with ceramic and I think it finally got USB-C to replace the proprietary charger that would otherwise still be on the con list.

Agree 100%, the update to the Mighty was a joke. It's the same old mighty, with a new charging port. A lot of people still like it for their own use cases.

Again, that's me only listing the functional shortcomings. Isn't the msrp still $349 too foh lordy

Well, that's you listing mostly your opinions and the value judgements you made to decide it is not a vape for you.

I like to say fuck the Mighty in the which vape threads because it provides a counter narrative to less-informed shoppers who before they first post here searched "best vaporizer" and listened to Troy from like 2017.

So someone else on earth made a blanket statement about value judgements you disagree with and your solution was to throw out a value judgement that you have made as a blanket statement? Doesn't seem very helpful.

Plus fuck is in the name of the forum so it hits different than saying it in a conference room or cafe.

Aye, I've no aversion to the word fuck, it's pretty much a fucking verb for me.

Some very good discussion of various features on the vape and the value judgements you have made regarding them for your own use, hopefully others find this further clarification useful in their search!

Zipford

The Fury Edge and XMAX V3 Pro would both be good options in your price range. I find the shape of the Edge more portable if you're actually going to use it out and about, and I also find dosing capsules (both vapes can use the Edge capsules) to make reloading easy and discreet.

Something like the Tinymight would be better, but it is over your price range and there are a few extras you probably would end up wanting too: extra 18650 batteries and an external charger, extra o-rings, maybe some different stems. So that would push the all-in price even higher.

As between the two in your budget, IMHO the V3 with the glass mouthpiece tastes better and has a removable battery. The Edge is more portable, something you can carry around in your front pocket with some dosing capsules and be good to go.

I haven't used the Mighty, so I'm not going to jump in on that debate WRT function. To me however, it isn't truly portable unless you're carrying a purse, briefcase, backpack etc. The Mighty looks huge next to the Edge, and you're not going to carry it around in a pocket. But pretty much every vape involves various trade-offs of size, power, heating method, battery life, etc., so you should think about what the "must have" aspects are to you, and find vapes that meet those criteria without having other dealbreakers.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

So you have to hold the device while you load it. Is it the most function driven design ever? Not by a very long shot; but not being able to stand up is a use aggravation at best (or if you literally hold every device in your hands as you fill it, a 100% complete and total non-issue).

Actually, you do not, as I said it can stand upright, just not stable, so I did that when I was loading, but had to be very careful, since it can easily be knocked over... Holding it in your hands as you fill it is kind of annoying when the device is so big with the chamber inside the way it is, if you are also trying to hold a grinder and a scooper... Yes it is a use aggravation, what's with getting hung up on the terminology? This is all opinionated obviously, yes it is a "design flaw" imo which causes the "use aggravation"

100% agreed on the CU cleaning; one of the worst on the market (I've even thought of using a WPA and the Hydro Brick horn to circumvent the CU). But on the flip it has one of the best native CU's of any device. Again, maybe it's not set up the way you like it, cool not the device for you. But aggravating cleaning, again, has nothing to do with the performance of the device.

It was BM who mentioned the cleaning, I agree that is a huge annoyance, but I actually disagree about it being the best native CU, I think the CU on the xmax v3pro is better, removable ceramic insert maze, works very well, much simpler, and not plastic...

I am actually specifically talking about the performance, I don't think the cooling unit is that great personally, I could still find the vapor to be harsh depending on other factors, the plastic material maybe doesn't affect the performance in a sense, but I also don't think it is that good of a cooling material, the swivel mouthpiece, everything about it pretty much I do not like, it is not just cleaning aggravations...

This is as first world of problem as it gets. I use my Mighty many times a day; not once have I ever found myself saying "This ting takes ages to heat up!!!"; I have on demand vapor anytime I want it with the HR; I can wait 60 seconds to take a hit, it's really not a big deal.

Haha dude, when you've been vaping for a long time, when the only option was for a portable to be session conduction slow heat up, well nearly the only option, I did start with the thermovape t1 that is pretty instant on demand pure convection, but that is my point, why should I wait a minute for it to heat up as it is also wasting actives in the material doing so??

Thanks for making it sound like I am too impatient to wait 60 seconds to take a hit, that's not it at all, it is when I am using a device like this and you load it to go, then sit for to warm up, that's just not good, especially in the day and age when there are so many options that are faster...

HR? You mean healthy rips? Literally none of their vapes are on demand, nor are they instant heat up, so I don't know what you're talking about, but they do heat up quicker than the mighty as do many others, the extra heat up for the mighty, doesn't come with other benefits imo

It's a hybrid vape, they literally all do this. At best this is a complaint about an entire genre of devices, and a fair one when considering your own use for a device, but hardly a specific problem that is a Mighty problem alone.

No, you're thinking of a session style vape, which literally all do this, a hybrid can still be instant on demand like the FW7...

Yes it is a complaint about all those style of devices, including the mighty, which charges a hefty premium for it, I find this aspect even more annoying than the slow heat up, but coupled together it makes it inefficient in my experience and yes it just does not work with my ideal use style...

Just because the complaint can apply to a category of devices does not mean that it does not apply to the mighty, if anything its an example of why the mighty does not do enough different to justify its high cost imo

"...I think all these limitations along with the price actually make it quite less than great..." for your use. I cannot agree or disagree as this is your own assessment of your vaping requirements. While that calculation is likely to be 100% true for your use; it in no way should be extrapolated as a universal calculation of the devices worth.

Huh? Every post here is someone's opinion, obviously I'm speaking about my use, and I'm saying how that affects my general impression, especially knowing all the alternatives available now... Nothing is a universal calculation, just like everything you're saying is your own opinion as well... The worth is 100% subjective, so just as we would not be able to claim it is objectively trash, you can't claim it is objectively worthwhile lol

Hm, I bought my Mighty because I assessed my lineup and found a use hole which the Mighty fit in quite perfectly. It literally does everything I ask of it for my use, without fail, without hesitation, and without a single complaint.

That is why I bought one as well, specifically for a trip, specifically for group use, all in one mindless effectiveness, and to try it for myself of course after only having experience with the volcano previously from S&B... In that regard it did exactly what I needed it to, and I did not necessarily have something that was quite like it to fit into my collection and rotation, when I got back from the trip I tried and used it a bit, but the actual using it was not enjoyable... So yeah obviously I have many complaints about it, I'm not mad at it, I'm just saying it is not as good as other options, for all the reasons I'm saying, obviously nothing is universal, no one thing is for everyone, mighty could be the perfect vape for many people, that doesn't make it a great product imo it makes it great for those people.

False. They stand up on their own. I'm sure the rebuttal is "not well"; cool. Then you should say that, the Mighty stands up on it's own with what comes in it's packaging; however you do not feel that the stand it provided is enough.

I thought the stand was an aftermarket accessory, like from Delta 3D studios, mine did not come with one... Although it did come with some Delta accessories, WPA, and a glass WPA, but like yeah I tried using the glass WPA with glass stems and such and I still was not at all impressed with the vapor quality so it's not just the cooling unit either imo trying to remember if it had any other accessories, I think it had a Delta3D loading funnel too??

Well, that's you listing mostly your opinions and the value judgements you made to decide it is not a vape for you.

This is really all any of us can ever do! But it is the internet and we are people, the discussion is everything, and it will sit here for anyone to see, every side of the situation :tup:

Finessseee

Get a Solo 2 for water pipe use at home and an XMAX V3 Pro for on the go. Both will cost $200~ combined

Finessseee,

Timps27

Actually, you do not, as I said it can stand upright, just not stable, so I did that when I was loading, but had to be very careful, since it can easily be knocked over... Holding it in your hands as you fill it is kind of annoying when the device is so big with the chamber inside the way it is, if you are also trying to hold a grinder and a scooper... Yes it is a use aggravation, what's with getting hung up on the terminology? This is all opinionated obviously, yes it is a "design flaw" imo which causes the "use aggravation"[/quote}

And for someone who holds a grinder and device in their hand literally every time they load their vapes this is a complete and total non-issue. If you are specifically asking me if I think the stand feature on the Mighty was well designed and implemented I would say no; but if you ask me if I have any issues loading the mighty due to the stand the response would be absolutely not. That’s the difference; you are at minimum heavily implying that standing it up to load it is a universally desired feature; which it is most certainly not.

It was BM who mentioned the cleaning, I agree that is a huge annoyance, but I actually disagree about it being the best native CU, I think the CU on the xmax v3pro is better, removable ceramic insert maze, works very well, much simpler, and not plastic...

I am actually specifically talking about the performance, I don't think the cooling unit is that great personally, I could still find the vapor to be harsh depending on other factors, the plastic material maybe doesn't affect the performance in a sense, but I also don't think it is that good of a cooling material, the swivel mouthpiece, everything about it pretty much I do not like, it is not just cleaning aggravations...[/quote}

To each their own; I have added cooling attachments on top of the CU (with Simrell’s adapter) and found no discernible difference; for me the Mighty CU provides more than adequate cooling, despite having attachment options I only ever use it dry through the swivel MP.

Haha dude, when you've been vaping for a long time, when the only option was for a portable to be session conduction slow heat up, well nearly the only option, I did start with the thermovape t1 that is pretty instant on demand pure convection, but that is my point, why should I wait a minute for it to heat up as it is also wasting actives in the material doing so??

Who says you have to wait? Some of the most delicious vaping I’ve ever had is sipping on my Mighty as it climbs in temp. You get some delicious terps way down low in the temp range that otherwise get overpowered.

Thanks for making it sound like I am too impatient to wait 60 seconds to take a hit, that's not it at all, it is when I am using a device like this and you load it to go, then sit for to warm up, that's just not good, especially in the day and age when there are so many options that are faster...

Haha, the proverbial you! How about at least just provide some further context; to someone who doesn’t have the same breadth of vape knowledge you do “heats up slow” is completely lacking context. That’s entirely the point; when you put actual objective material in people can make their own value judgements based on those objective facts.

HR? You mean healthy rips? Literally none of their vapes are on demand, nor are they instant heat up, so I don't know what you're talking about, but they do heat up quicker than the mighty as do many others, the extra heat up for the mighty, doesn't come with other benefits imo

Hot Rod

No, you're thinking of a session style vape, which literally all do this, a hybrid can still be instant on demand like the FW7...

Yes it is a complaint about all those style of devices, including the mighty, which charges a hefty premium for it, I find this aspect even more annoying than the slow heat up, but coupled together it makes it inefficient in my experience and yes it just does not work with my ideal use style...

Just because the complaint can apply to a category of devices does not mean that it does not apply to the mighty, if anything its an example of why the mighty does not do enough different to justify its high cost imo

Session hybrid; semantics but fair enough.

But again that is important context that you yourself had and used to make that value judgement. Just saying “The Mighty burns off your herb” again has no context. If you vape your entire bowl without setting it down, which some people myself included do, this is misleading at best. And it singles out the Mighty without the context that it is an entire style of vapes, not solely the Mighty, to which this subjective drawback in your calculation applies.

Huh? Every post here is someone's opinion, obviously I'm speaking about my use, and I'm saying how that affects my general impression, especially knowing all the alternatives available now... Nothing is a universal calculation, just like everything you're saying is your own opinion as well... The worth is 100% subjective, so just as we would not be able to claim it is objectively trash, you can't claim it is objectively worthwhile lol

As pointed out there is a difference between simple opinion; and opinion in context. I said from the beginning that I was certain there were “plenty” of people for whom the Mighty was not an ideal vape.

That is why I bought one as well, specifically for a trip, specifically for group use, all in one mindless effectiveness, and to try it for myself of course after only having experience with the volcano previously from S&B... In that regard it did exactly what I needed it to, and I did not necessarily have something that was quite like it to fit into my collection and rotation, when I got back from the trip I tried and used it a bit, but the actual using it was not enjoyable... So yeah obviously I have many complaints about it, I'm not mad at it, I'm just saying it is not as good as other options, for all the reasons I'm saying, obviously nothing is universal, no one thing is for everyone, mighty could be the perfect vape for many people, that doesn't make it a great product imo it makes it great for those people.

I think we are mostly saying the same thing but talking over each other; not uncommon. But I struggle to understand the sentiment that it could be “perfect” for many people, but not a great product. By that measure we could never have a great product, literally every single product ever created is a terrible choice for ‘someone’.

I thought the stand was an aftermarket accessory, like from Delta 3D studios, mine did not come with one... Although it did come with some Delta accessories, WPA, and a glass WPA, but like yeah I tried using the glass WPA with glass stems and such and I still was not at all impressed with the vapor quality so it's not just the cooling unit either imo trying to remember if it had any other accessories, I think it had a Delta3D loading funnel too??

AFAIK all Mighty’s come with the orange stir/tamp/stand tool. This is precisely the point, the context has been obscured on the stand even for someone who has plenty of experience. The statement was that the mighty could not stand up unless you purchase a separate accessory. That is 100% flat out false. Not an opinion, just blatantly false.

This is really all any of us can ever do! But it is the internet and we are people, the discussion is everything, and it will sit here for anyone to see, every side of the situation :tup:

Agreed, and in my short time here I’ve come to respect your opinion with some weight as you’ve seemed to align reasonably close with my opinions on most things. And my prose probably doesn’t help things; my mind is weird, and being an introvert who has spent most of his life writing legal language my written tone is incredibly dry, pedantic, and horribly unwelcoming. It’s not on purpose, if you were watching me type I’ve been smiling the whole time, even though I’m aware my words sometimes don’t convey that message.

Timps27,

Shit Snacks

And for someone who holds a grinder and device in their hand literally every time they load their vapes this is a complete and total non-issue

Sorry, maybe I'm confused, how exactly are you loading it by holding the device in one hand and a grinder in the other, are you pouring directly from the grinder into the mighty bowl?? I can set the grinder on the table and scoop from it with the mighty in my hand yeah

you are at minimum heavily implying that standing it up to load it is a universally desired feature; which it is most certainly not

At minimum heavily implying lol, I think it is a universal inconvenience that it does not stand up on its own stably. For some people that doesn't matter, my point still remains, I think there is no benefit to it not standing up stable on its own, so yeah that makes it a universal negative even if many people do not care at all about that negative?

To each their own; I have added cooling attachments on top of the CU and found no discernible difference; for me the Mighty CU provides more than adequate cooling, despite having attachment options I only ever use it dry through the swivel MP.

Exactly, there are people who claim Tafée Bowle has coolest vapor and is never ever harsh, well that is not my experience with it either, but for me the mighty especially bc I feel like I have to take back to back hits bc it's constantly cooking in between, probably why I didn't feel like the cooling unit was that effective, but it has it's benefits, staying cool to the lips and touch being plastic of course! It is effective for what it is, I just don't like it, but yeah there is no arguing that it can be effective, but there are pros and cons to it, like anything else, I'm not saying it is objectively entirely terrible...?

Who says you have to wait? Some of the most delicious vaping I’ve ever had is sipping on my Mighty as it climbs in temp. You get some delicious terps way down low in the temp range that otherwise get overpowered

Haha this is not the point though, if someone wants to vape at 380 or higher, only that setting not the low settings, bc say they want all the actives together at once, they wait for it to get the temp, it takes a while and is potentially wasting a little as it does... I'm not saying this is me, I'm just saying its definitely a downside to the mighty, sure many people can work with the slow heat up and it may not be a big deal practically, but it is still 100% a negative point on the mighty imo

Also as I said even on the low end the mighty never ever impressed me for flavor at all compared to what I'm used to, but unfortunately most mass produced session style vapes are similarly unimpressive...

Haha, the proverbial you! How about at least just provide some further context; to someone who doesn’t have the same breadth of vape knowledge you do “heats up slow” is completely lacking context. That’s entirely the point; when you put actual objective material in people can make their own value judgements based on those objective facts.

Haha yeah you and me are doing the same thing, the proverbial you, back and forth perspective, we're doing good though neither of us is getting offended!

But yeah I don't know, I think heats up slow, especially when talking about the fact that it is session style constantly cooking for you, is not at all lacking context, I think its objective material for anyone to see here, but you and me replying has provided plenty of context for anyone that needs it now!

Session hybrid; semantics but fair enough.

Oh Hot Rod = HR, yeah so my point really is if I am choosing one, I think an on-demand vape is much more useful than any session vape really, something for every situation, but so if I am suggesting someone something to cover all it's not going to be the mighty, because it cannot do what the hot rod can do? For example... If someone wants digital session style automatic I would sooner recommend Rogue for value as I don't feel the mighty is much better if at all?

Yes, this is all semantics, the importance of which is entirely up to us here!

But again that is important context that you yourself had and used to make that value judgement. Just saying “The Mighty burns off your herb” again has no context. If you vape your entire bowl without setting it down, which some people myself included do, this is misleading at best. And it singles out the Mighty without the context that it is an entire style of vapes, not solely the Mighty, to which this subjective drawback in your calculation applies.

Burns off your herb? See the semantics are confusing lol

That's exactly my point, feeling like you have to vape your entire bowl without setting it down, back to back hits, that ruins everything, that ruins the cooling unit, for me! On demand vapes allow me to pace myself leisurely in a session, but I could also go quick if I want to...

Yes it is the versatility I value, so it is fair context that for me it is an entire style of vapes really indeed, however what makes the mighty worse is how much more expensive it is than other options which is why I would never recommend it over something like the Rogue? or even xmax v3pro depending on what the person is looking for exactly... I don't know

I don't think the mighty offers enough to justify its supposed superiority compared to the entire market as a whole... So yeah I single out the mighty in that way, and the way that I think it is overrated, I think that is why you see people like me and BM who will take most any opportunity to steer new people in another direction, especially here on FC, because there's so many places that will tell you the mighty is the best everywhere, without getting into the (debilitating, for us) flaws...

As pointed out there is a difference between simple opinion; and opinion in context. I said from the beginning that I was certain there were “plenty” of people for whom the Mighty was not an ideal vape.

I mean, I agree saying simply the mighty sucks is not helpful, so the context is providing these few specific reasons, while suggesting another vape that is different and resolves those issues, I feel like that portrays plenty of context, along with the context of the thread with plenty of other people sharing their opinions, I don't know it's easy to get tired of saying the same thing over and over again in several other threads but I agree it is important I just don't agree that it was not necessarily present here...?

I think we are mostly saying the same thing but talking over each other; not uncommon. But I struggle to understand the sentiment that it could be “perfect” for many people, but not a great product. By that measure we could never have a great product, literally every single product ever created is a terrible choice for ‘someone’.

Haha yeah I think we are in agreement in the broader sense, just typical back end forth internet forum style!

Yeah that sentiment of mine is pretty vague and hard to explain, bc with that context yeah there is no perfect product obviously lol with different people and use styles with something like this, I don't know, a lot of people don't even know what they're looking for, what they want, and it takes many vapes to figure that out... The objectivity is difficult when it is something so subjective?

I'm seriously trying to think if I would call any herbal vape a great product by this criteria, so yeah maybe take that comment with a grain of salt or just ignore it entirely lol

AFAIK all Mighty’s come with the orange stir/tamp/stand tool. This is precisely the point, the context has been obscured on the stand even for someone who has plenty of experience. The statement was that the mighty could not stand up unless you purchase a separate accessory. That is 100% flat out false. Not an opinion, just blatantly false.

Wait a second, is it the orange tool that specifically helps it stay up right when it is stored in the bottom? I didn't notice that, because I pretty much kept that tool stored, since I have better tools to use, actually I do think I used the tool once or twice, but I think if you want to use the tool to tamp a fresh bowl, that is a little annoying if you need to keep it in the vape to keep it upright? But again there are other tools, and as a little stir and tamp tool for in the middle of a session, is a pretty good implication although I don't like the plastic obviously, and really with the mighty one of the biggest selling points is how you don't need to stir it at all soooo

Anyway you are absolutely right, it does not require you to purchase a separate accessory, to stand it upright, I just don't think it is very stable without something else, but that doesn't mean you have to buy a separate stand, there are many solutions!

But yeah sorry I didn't mean to defend his point so staunch like that, thank you.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Agreed, and in my short time here I’ve come to respect your opinion with some weight as you’ve seemed to align reasonably close with my opinions on most things. And my prose probably doesn’t help things; my mind is weird, and being an introvert who has spent most of his life writing legal language my written tone is incredibly dry, pedantic, and horribly unwelcoming. It’s not on purpose, if you were watching me type I’ve been smiling the whole time, even though I’m aware my words sometimes don’t convey that message.

Thank you for the kind words, dude I know prose is difficult, you and I seem to be similar in the way we communicate, why we have so many replies intercut haha I too am introverted with an analytical, legal mind, for better and for worse you can probably see it in my posts here and that is probably why you do tend to vibe with most of my contributions... Yes I was giving you the benefit of the doubt as well, likewise nothing but good vibes here, good discussion, just helping people out together as a community

See how I worked hard to reply to your post above that got the quotes all jumbled? haha worth it! except for the fucking character limit splitting it into two posts...

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
Portable, reputable name, good battery life and less than $200. Any and all advice or direction is greatly appreciated!

Not sure if you are considering dynavaps, but I'll throw in my :2c:

$130 usd with a free M.

$175 usd with a free Vong.

A little over your stated budget at $220 usd with a free Orion.

$60 usd starter kit
Plus you would need to add an after market induction heater such as an Ispire wand($169 usd) or a Pipes portable Hotshot($110 usd)

First two IHs are not portable but are within your stated budget. I can't vouch for the Orion but the Wand and Pipes IHs are solid and well regarded.

Haha... + I do enjoy my Mighty for mindless couch vaping and when friends are over. :evil:

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Mighty / crafty. I have always had one. Still have a crafty plus. Paid 160 euros.

My least used vape but holds kudos for getting me into vapes.
If you have used a vape before there are better options.
If you are new to vapes I think they are fantastic. Simple and does the job.
A jack of all, master of none. No learning required.
As the op is experienced with vapes other options would probably be best.

Top Bottom