Time for a new vaporizer but need advice on which one?

Summer

Long Island, NY
Back to the OP's initial post. He doesn't want to spend more than $200 & he/they were happy with the POTV One. So as I said, the Fury Edge or Rogue. Both of which have longer battery life. The Rogue bowl is almost double the One so, since he mentioned "we" that may be advantageous. Right now at puffitup.com & HR's website, the FE is $129 & @HR's website, the Rogue is $159.

Then, if he can manage to save a few bucks more than $100 by 4/20 or even 7/20, he can pick up the Xmax V3 on sale for a steal.

After that, & if so inclined to step up his vape game, he can save for a Tinymight

BUT, he can also get the One now for $99 & pick up the Xmax V3 during 4/20 sales & still be in budget, & then he'll have 2 vapes.

Here's some useful vids.

Scroll this entire page & read about the Rogue:

Here's Troy & Jerry's Rogue vs Mighty comparison:

& Troy's comparison of the Rogue, FE & Fury 2 (substitute One for Fury 2):

I have the One & am very happy with it; it fills a niche I need. When the battery craps out, I'm gonna go the XMax V3 route. If I don't think it works or fills my niche as well as the One for me, I'll pick up the Rogue.

@pondcaster , you should have the adapter mouthpiece & short stem that came with the One. Attach it to the body to see if it will hold. And if it does, you can use the short stem that came with it to hold you over. If it does, you can pick up the Planet of the Vapes ONE Glass Cooling Stem for $12 or a new standard mp for $15. But don't know how long the battery will last as I assume you've used it heavily in 2 years. Mine's the same age. but I only microdose with it about 4x per week & so far my battery life seems fine.

BTW:
- Not everyone wants to be bothered with the learning curve of a 510 mod or a dynavap (& unlike the One, the DV's vapor profile is heavily conduction.) They just want to load up, press the on button & vape.

- The reason the Tera is predominately used with water is because the vapor is extremely harsh natively.

cliffhanger1

For cheap Vaporizers which are very good i can recommend too the V3 Pro + the Weecke Rush (i do not know where are you from, i think at now it is only available in Europe).
Both costs together only about 180 Euro together and you have something to change.

Edit:
You said you will have a good Battery capacity. This vape has a big one and it holds very long. i cant remember a vape with so much session with 1 loading. And loading time is very fast with 2 Ampere.

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
@pondcaster my under-budget choice for you is still the Xmax V3 Pro like I said last week. I'll continue to steer folks away from the affordable session vapes others have recommended in this which-vape thread, though they do work well for some people. Your satisfaction with the POTV One could certainly be used to argue in favor of a Rogue or the like. I've owned the Fury and Fury Edge but by the time the Rogue dropped I'd moved on from session vapes entirely so I wanted to clarify that distinction....

The Rogue, your One, my old Edge, and the Mighty (that bulbous, overpriced albatross) are all session vapes. Forgive me if you already know this. Session vapes have slower, weaker heaters that you turn on like a toaster oven, then they cook your weed carefully for a certain number of minutes so as to extract vapor without combusting. Some session vapes (not the Mighty) have an adjustable session timer but with any session vape you end up either 1) vaping the bowl from start to finish in one five or eight minute sitting, or 2) taking several hits and then turning it off during your last hit to draw residual heat out of the heater and save your half-cooked weed for later. Nobody really argues that option 2 is a feature, it's just the best way to manage vaping a bowl in a session vape without feeling rushed by the oven and the timer.

In the beforetime there weren't any cheap on demand convection options to just press a button when you wanted a hit and have the air heated at a distance from the chamber. The Xmax V3 Pro has its quirks and is by no means the be-all-end-all of convection portables. What it does is offer full temp control with an easy display, true convection (unlike any of the session vapes from HealthyRips, though they've always claimed to use hybrid heating), a removable battery, a ceramic insert for a cleaner vapor path, simple accessories for adapting to a j-hook or bubbler, and even a session mode (where the heater stays ready but is still hanging back and only kicking in when you start your hit) for about $100 shipped.

Is the Tinymight more powerful, more versatile, faster to extract, and a classier piece of kit? Certainly, but it costs $258 shipped and the stainless cooling unit in the stem still isn't great for flavor or sustained, open airflow (i.e. it clogs fairly quickly).

To me a V3 Pro is just the obvious place to start in 2022, particularly for someone with your modest history who was already pleased with a $130 vape from four years ago. It's not that the Rogue is a waste of money (like the Mighty, which still costs nearly $300 on sale), it's just that it's designed like the other session vapes of yesteryear we've mentioned. In that sense, the humble V3 Pro is a floor-raiser: on demand convection that's ready in five or ten seconds with the added modernizations like USB-C charging and a removable battery.

If you do go the V3 route, check out the thread for that vape to learn about any quirks with the mouthpiece magnets, accessories, etc. It's not perfect but you won't find equivalent performance or features for under $200.

pondcaster

Ordered the V3 Pro from POTV, should be here Monday!

Wanted to thank y'all for all the good info!

HR Rogue or Fury Edge.
Those are two of the ones I'd actually already looked into but was afraid the design was too similar to the ONE and it may end up wearing out in a few years, too? Not that big a deal since they are definitely on the "lower cost" end of things.

From what I’ve heard the V3 Pro is a worthy option in the category you’re looking at, but personally I would see if I could fix the One and save a little more or keep an eye on the classifieds for something that cost $200-300+ new. Not to waste money, but because the best and highest quality stuff is in that range.

If you do that you might want to start another Ask FC thread with more details about what you like and need in a vaporizer, or just read other threads and get an idea of highly recommended models. The V3 Pro probably qualifies right now, but most wouldn’t choose it over some others that are more expensive.

On the other hand, if you beat these things up and you need something rugged or cheaply replaceable you might want to stay in the lower range.

Oh, and if you can handle learning the techniques there’s a decent selection of butane powered options in the sub-$200 range, but they would all be different to use and take some degree of effort to learn. Some (like the VapCap, probably the new Anvil, etc.) are nearly indestructible too.

The 510 mod based stuff @Razhumikin is talking about is also a good option, but better for people who are good with computers/complex electronics and a bit of tinkering to get the results you want dialed in.

If this is all too much and you just want to go with the V3 Pro, based on what you’ve had so far I think you’ll be happy.

Good luck:cheers:
I'm with you on the "fix the ONE" idea, for sure. I've already got a rubberband that's working so... it's way too nice a vape to get rid of.

The Fury Edge and XMAX V3 Pro would both be good options in your price range. I find the shape of the Edge more portable if you're actually going to use it out and about, and I also find dosing capsules (both vapes can use the Edge capsules) to make reloading easy and discreet.

Something like the Tinymight would be better, but it is over your price range and there are a few extras you probably would end up wanting too: extra 18650 batteries and an external charger, extra o-rings, maybe some different stems. So that would push the all-in price even higher.

As between the two in your budget, IMHO the V3 with the glass mouthpiece tastes better and has a removable battery. The Edge is more portable, something you can carry around in your front pocket with some dosing capsules and be good to go.

I haven't used the Mighty, so I'm not going to jump in on that debate WRT function. To me however, it isn't truly portable unless you're carrying a purse, briefcase, backpack etc. The Mighty looks huge next to the Edge, and you're not going to carry it around in a pocket. But pretty much every vape involves various trade-offs of size, power, heating method, battery life, etc., so you should think about what the "must have" aspects are to you, and find vapes that meet those criteria without having other dealbreakers.
Already started saving for Tinymight? Only kiddin' but after looking into that one online with my gF, she's sold on it.

Not sure if you are considering dynavaps, but I'll throw in my :2c:

$130 usd with a free M.

$175 usd with a free Vong.

A little over your stated budget at $220 usd with a free Orion.

$60 usd starter kit
Plus you would need to add an after market induction heater such as an Ispire wand($169 usd) or a Pipes portable Hotshot($110 usd)

First two IHs are not portable but are within your stated budget. I can't vouch for the Orion but the Wand and Pipes IHs are solid and well regarded.

Haha... + I do enjoy my Mighty for mindless couch vaping and when friends are over. :evil:
Haven't gone in that direction yet. Heard about them for a while but never tried one. Totally respect the click!

Back to the OP's initial post. He doesn't want to spend more than $200 & he/they were happy with the POTV One. So as I said, the Fury Edge or Rogue. Both of which have longer battery life. The Rogue bowl is almost double the One so, since he mentioned "we" that may be advantageous. Right now at puffitup.com & HR's website, the FE is $129 & @HR's website, the Rogue is $159.

Then, if he can manage to save a few bucks more than $100 by 4/20 or even 7/20, he can pick up the Xmax V3 on sale for a steal.

After that, & if so inclined to step up his vape game, he can save for a Tinymight

BUT, he can also get the One now for $99 & pick up the Xmax V3 during 4/20 sales & still be in budget, & then he'll have 2 vapes.

Here's some useful vids.

Scroll this entire page & read about the Rogue:

Here's Troy & Jerry's Rogue vs Mighty comparison:

& Troy's comparison of the Rogue, FE & Fury 2 (substitute One for Fury 2):

I have the One & am very happy with it; it fills a niche I need. When the battery craps out, I'm gonna go the XMax V3 route. If I don't think it works or fills my niche as well as the One for me, I'll pick up the Rogue.

@pondcaster , you should have the adapter mouthpiece & short stem that came with the One. Attach it to the body to see if it will hold. And if it does, you can use the short stem that came with it to hold you over. If it does, you can pick up the Planet of the Vapes ONE Glass Cooling Stem for $12 or a new standard mp for $15. But don't know how long the battery will last as I assume you've used it heavily in 2 years. Mine's the same age. but I only microdose with it about 4x per week & so far my battery life seems fine.

BTW:
- Not everyone wants to be bothered with the learning curve of a 510 mod or a dynavap (& unlike the One, the DV's vapor profile is heavily conduction.) They just want to load up, press the on button & vape.

- The reason the Tera is predominately used with water is because the vapor is extremely harsh natively.
Thanks again for the info, very much appreciated! As mentioned above, already ordered the V3 Pro and gF is already saving for the Tinymight!

pondcaster

For cheap Vaporizers which are very good i can recommend too the V3 Pro + the Weecke Rush (i do not know where are you from, i think at now it is only available in Europe).
Both costs together only about 180 Euro together and you have something to change.

Edit:
You said you will have a good Battery capacity. This vape has a big one and it holds very long. i cant remember a vape with so much session with 1 loading. And loading time is very fast with 2 Ampere.
Got the V3 Pro, looking forward to getting to know it! Thanks for the info, glad to hear.

If your ok with non-replaceable batteries Rogue it’s a rock n roller. Replaceable batteries Tera on sale.
Have only heard good things about the Rogue, it was on our short list.

@pondcaster my under-budget choice for you is still the Xmax V3 Pro like I said last week. I'll continue to steer folks away from the affordable session vapes others have recommended in this which-vape thread, though they do work well for some people. Your satisfaction with the POTV One could certainly be used to argue in favor of a Rogue or the like. I've owned the Fury and Fury Edge but by the time the Rogue dropped I'd moved on from session vapes entirely so I wanted to clarify that distinction....

The Rogue, your One, my old Edge, and the Mighty (that bulbous, overpriced albatross) are all session vapes. Forgive me if you already know this. Session vapes have slower, weaker heaters that you turn on like a toaster oven, then they cook your weed carefully for a certain number of minutes so as to extract vapor without combusting. Some session vapes (not the Mighty) have an adjustable session timer but with any session vape you end up either 1) vaping the bowl from start to finish in one five or eight minute sitting, or 2) taking several hits and then turning it off during your last hit to draw residual heat out of the heater and save your half-cooked weed for later. Nobody really argues that option 2 is a feature, it's just the best way to manage vaping a bowl in a session vape without feeling rushed by the oven and the timer.

In the beforetime there weren't any cheap on demand convection options to just press a button when you wanted a hit and have the air heated at a distance from the chamber. The Xmax V3 Pro has its quirks and is by no means the be-all-end-all of convection portables. What it does is offer full temp control with an easy display, true convection (unlike any of the session vapes from HealthyRips, though they've always claimed to use hybrid heating), a removable battery, a ceramic insert for a cleaner vapor path, simple accessories for adapting to a j-hook or bubbler, and even a session mode (where the heater stays ready but is still hanging back and only kicking in when you start your hit) for about $100 shipped.

Is the Tinymight more powerful, more versatile, faster to extract, and a classier piece of kit? Certainly, but it costs $258 shipped and the stainless cooling unit in the stem still isn't great for flavor or sustained, open airflow (i.e. it clogs fairly quickly).

To me a V3 Pro is just the obvious place to start in 2022, particularly for someone with your modest history who was already pleased with a $130 vape from four years ago. It's not that the Rogue is a waste of money (like the Mighty, which still costs nearly $300 on sale), it's just that it's designed like the other session vapes of yesteryear we've mentioned. In that sense, the humble V3 Pro is a floor-raiser: on demand convection that's ready in five or ten seconds with the added modernizations like USB-C charging and a removable battery.

If you do go the V3 route, check out the thread for that vape to learn about any quirks with the mouthpiece magnets, accessories, etc. It's not perfect but you won't find equivalent performance or features for under $200.
You are the man!

As mentioned up top, I ordered the V3 Pro and should be here Monday. Pretty psyched to check it out. Thanks again!

Summer

Long Island, NY
@pondcaster , after a certain level of usage, of course, a battery will degrade & cease holding a satisfactory charge. If the battery isn't replaceable, you will need a new unit. Just to let you know, HR's warranty is:
  • One Year Free Replacement Warranty
  • Lifetime 1/2 Price Replacement Warranty (which I believe is for good towards any vape they sell)

pondcaster

After a few sessions last evening and a couple this morning, we are still enjoying the V3p. A lot.

Thinking about using my $10 gift card that came with it from POTV for another spare battery or another mouthpiece. Will probably get both.

Quick question about usage: Should the battery level indicator show "full bars" and stop blinking when it's fully charged and plugged in?

We charged it to full bars before using last night and all was fine. But after being plugged in and charging overnight, it was still blinking (charging?) this morning? When unplugged and powered up, the battery showed full. No other issues and the battery seems to be working fine.

Just wanted to make sure all was working properly and if not, I can return for replacement. No big deal, thanks in advance!

pondcaster,
Reactions: bossman

Zipford

After a few sessions last evening and a couple this morning, we are still enjoying the V3p. A lot.

Thinking about using my $10 gift card that came with it from POTV for another spare battery or another mouthpiece. Will probably get both.

Quick question about usage: Should the battery level indicator show "full bars" and stop blinking when it's fully charged and plugged in?

We charged it to full bars before using last night and all was fine. But after being plugged in and charging overnight, it was still blinking (charging?) this morning? When unplugged and powered up, the battery showed full. No other issues and the battery seems to be working fine.

Just wanted to make sure all was working properly and if not, I can return for replacement. No big deal, thanks in advance!
Mine stops blinking when it is fully charged. If it's otherwise working fine, I'd probably just keep an eye on it.

pondcaster

Mine stops blinking when it is fully charged. If it's otherwise working fine, I'd probably just keep an eye on it.
Yep, that's the plan.

It's shown full bars a few times but not every time it's charged up?

Otherwise, this vape rocks!

pondcaster,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
It's shown full bars a few times but not every time it's charged up?
Are you using the charger that came with the device? I don't have the v3, but I have seen this behavior using a phone charger with a device that has high demands on charging.

Grass Yes,

pondcaster

After a week I've decided to return this particular v3 pro for replacement with another v3p.

As mentioned above, the vape itself works fine. Tbh, it works so much better than I expected, it's just what we were looking for but the battery level indicator doesn't always show full bars when charged up, even for 8+ hours? And some times it shows full bars after 30 minutes of charge? Kinda hit or miss.

I always purchase from POTV and they are outstanding to work with, as usual. After a bunch of correspondence back and forth, they're not sure what's up with this v3p either so they've suggested a replacement, too.

I ordered another battery (and mouthpiece) from them last week with the $10 gift card and they are to be delivered this afternoon so I'll try the new battery in there to see if that solves the issue before packaging up and sending back.

Hate to return it but really want to make sure all is working the way it should. Guessing the replacement will be 100%.

pondcaster

After a week I've decided to return this particular v3 pro for replacement with another v3p.

As mentioned above, the vape itself works fine. Tbh, it works so much better than I expected, it's just what we were looking for but the battery level indicator doesn't always show full bars when charged up, even for 8+ hours? And some times it shows full bars after 30 minutes of charge? Kinda hit or miss.

I always purchase from POTV and they are outstanding to work with, as usual. After a bunch of correspondence back and forth, they're not sure what's up with this v3p either so they've suggested a replacement, too.

I ordered another battery (and mouthpiece) from them last week with the $10 gift card and they are to be delivered this afternoon so I'll try the new battery in there to see if that solves the issue before packaging up and sending back.

Hate to return it but really want to make sure all is working the way it should. Guessing the replacement will be 100%.

Returned for replacement after trying new battery with same results.

Kinda a PITA to have to go to the trouble and effort to send this new vape back but something just wasn't right with that V3p.

Again, just wanted to thank y'all for all the help & info provided. Hope when I receive the new V3p it will work 100% properly and all will be happy in vapeLand, USA.

Got my fingers crossed...

Top Bottom