THIS FORUM SUCKS!

Would you like lighter text by default?

• Total voters

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Not really, I love it!I love fuckcom and always will.

However, one big thing that is bothering me - is the dark color text on dark color background. I might have better than 20/20 vision (for now), but the contrast of the text and background is rough on my eyes, and makes me feel like I'm losing my sight!

Can the default text be a bit lighter?

See - isn't this easier to read?

Or how about this even....

Or maybe this.

Off to find out how to change it for me, personally.

I guess people can bitch about the forum, and other things that bother them, here... :p

tuscan tins

I would definitely like to see brighter text, like your first example. Though it may not be a usability issue, just a matter of preference.

tuscan tins,

bruno13

insomniac
I switched to the white background. It is much nicer. My bigest problem is that the "read new post" button is now gone. That was one of the best features of the old board.

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
^ bruno, try 'What's new' , but you'll need to clear it first ('mark all forums read) or it's got a months worth in it.

WatTyler,

bruno13

insomniac
^ bruno, try 'What's new' , but you'll need to clear it first ('mark all forums read) or it's got a months worth in it.

I already tried that. It does not take me to the first unread post. It just lists the post topic in order. The read new posts button was in the list of pages in a topic. But thanks.

Edit: I tried that again. It does kinda work. I can live with it. thanks.

bruno13,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
I don't follow? It does take me to the first unread posts of the given topic?

Anyway, Sessnet, your text in your Magic Flight post is far too bright- it hurts my eyes. Continue and I'll have to add you to my 'ignore list' ;) lol

It seems to also be the colour of hyper-links

WatTyler,

Qbit

cannabanana
I don't follow? It does take me to the first unread posts of the given topic?

Anyway, Sessnet, your text in your Magic Flight post is far too bright- it hurts my eyes. Continue and I'll have to add you to my 'ignore list' ;) lol

It seems to also be the colour of hyper-links

Yeah that MFLB thread post is too bright, but I'd definitely prefer something in that direction. A couple of shades duller perhaps. And links could be just made another colour, instead of the current bright white.

Qbit,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
That is really weird...it's too bright for you? I love it!

Anyways, you must have your brightness/contrast set higher than usual, or it's your monitor. Or it's personal preference.

There is about 1 million factors at play here but the only way to make sure everyone sees ALMOST the same contrast - is to have black and white as colors. That, or allow a bunch of skins, like the last site.

Wat is a sissy-pants

:)

sessnet,

Qbit

cannabanana
How about this shade (or close to it)? This is colour code #dddddd, and I find it very easy to see without being loud. And I'm viewing it both on an old Viewsonic monitor, as well as an '11 model Macbook Pro.

Qbit,
Reactions: sessnet

Minging

Good to see the forum back up , a hard nights work i bet :clap:
Not loving the change so far but it growing in me.......

Minging,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
its pretty slow on my android tablet. the old site worked fine. while typing the letters are showing up many seconds later. other sites arent doing this. i hope it doesnt turn me into a lurker, its kinda a pain to post :ninja:

Edit....So the issue with typing slowness was resolved by unchecking the option to use "rich text" in preferences. Maybe this wouldnt matter on a pc, but resolved it on my 10.1 galaxy tab.

YoGranMazPimp,

Qbit

cannabanana
Even that might be a touch bright. So I'm going to sit here and edit this post until I find a shade I like. :D This one is #c2c2c2

Qbit,
Reactions: sessnet

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
My bigest problem is that the "read new post" button is now gone. That was one of the best features of the old board.

bruno13, After you've marked all the forums as read, the "button" of each forum will turn blue as a new post comes up. Look to the left of the little "button" at the beginning of each forum. There will be a little blue arrow. Click the arrow and it will take you to the first post that you haven't read.

momofthegoons,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
There's a "mark forums read" line up in the left corner.

I need to correct my prior post. The blue button will show new posts in a given forum. Go into the forum and there will be a blue arrow next to the threads that have new posts. Click the blue arrow for the new posts in the thread that you haven't read.

momofthegoons,
Reactions: AGBeer

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Gonzo,

Very top left of screen "Mark Forums Read" tab.... then you have an option to only mark the subforum or the whole forum read.

smokum,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Thanks Smokum and Mom, I just found it :clap: I am loving the new forum style.

Gonzo,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
^^ typical Mom.... always on the ball and fast to act :p

smokum,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
There's a "mark forums read" line up in the left corner.

I need to correct my prior post. The blue button will show new posts in a given forum. Go into the forum and there will be a blue arrow next to the threads that have new posts. Click the blue arrow for the new posts in the thread that you haven't read.
Mom's tip about the blue "new post" button is a good one. It took me a while to figure it out, too.
2qid4dk.jpg

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
You don't need to click exactly on the button. The thread title is linked to the first unread post.

This software has several ways to track new posts, in fact I'm sure I haven't found them all yet. For example, notice that there is a "[Un]Watch thread" link in the upper right corner of each thread page. You can then visit your "Watched threads" if that's how you want to keep up. Alerts tell you that someone has posted in a thread you've posted in, provided you haven't turned that off in your personal settings. Of course "What's new" shows you everything since the last time you marked a forum read, whether you are following it or not. You can set up a news feed if you like. Etc.

. o O ( Can't wait until they discover conversations... :worms: )

pakalolo,
Top Bottom