Things that go VROOM ... 💨

ChooChooCharlie

20220515-113842.jpg
Porsche-1600.jpg

77carrera3

First Production Devel Sixteen Is Revealed, But It Only Has A V8​

The Devel Sixteen is finally here, in production form. Yes, the years-long journey of the fabled 16-cylinder hypercar is finally over, as seen in the above video. This is the real deal, built for a specific customer and currently undergoing final tuning. There's just one small problem – it only has eight cylinders. Guess that makes it the Devel Eight, then?

As you might expect, that means this particular Devel Sixteen also lacks the 5,000 horsepower (3,728 kilowatts) originally promised when it was announced ... almost 10 years ago. Instead, there will be 2,000 hp under the lengthy engine cover, courtesy of a custom-built twin-turbocharged V8. We don't have any details on the engine, but we'll admit it sounds very healthy. It's also apparently still in the tuning process, so it seems that 2,000-hp benchmark hasn't been met yet.

Production car number two, however, will reportedly pack a proper 5,000-hp V16. Actually, that power figure is now down to 3,000 hp (2,237 kW), which is still an absurd amount for a road car. And we know the V16 exists, because we've seen it in action before. This first model with the V8 is targeting a top speed of 249 mph (400 km/h) so even with half the cylinders, it's not slow by any means.

To give credit where it's due, bringing any new vehicle to market is tough, never mind one as radical as this. The Devel Sixteen is 17 feet long, weighs 5,000 pounds, and it looks like nothing else on the road. From the outside anyway – inside you'll find all kinds of components borrowed from the C8 Corvette, but hey, it's running and driving and sounds like a monster. That's further than many startups get, so we'll hold out hope for a proper V16 model to follow.

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
Now I know I'm a Mustang guy, but I have always said that the only Chevy I would EVER own is a Corvette. It was my dad's first car, now at almost 80, he just bought a new red Corvette and has his name on the list for the supposedly bad ass 2023 Corvette (after being in some Jaguars that he really liked)...and I have a neighbor down the street who has a brand new red vette and a 2020 blue one for his wife.

ClusFcuk

Driver crashes $200K sports car, leaving the 600-horsepower luxury coupe stuck under guardrail

Washington State Patrol troopers on Monday found an empty, totaled McLaren 600 LT — a sports car worth more than $200,000 — practically split in half by a guardrail on a highway near Tacoma.

The state patrol is investigating the crash on Washington State Route 512 in Pierce County but haven’t found its owner, Trooper John Dattilo told The Oregonian/OregonLive.

Whoever was driving the luxury car, which boasts nearly 600 horsepower and reaches 60 miles per hour in about three seconds, fled the crash scene. Troopers towed the vehicle away Monday night.

It’s not known if the driver was injured. Photos show the coupe wedged under a metal railing with the driver’s side gull-wing-style door open.

“This kind of crash happens all the time, where people don’t want to get in trouble so they leave the car behind,” Dattilo said. “But it’s not necessarily common for it to be a $200,000 McLaren, though.”

The car hasn’t been reported stolen, and its registered owner lives in Washington, Dattilo said. The car still has dealership plates.

On Twitter, people floated theories about what happened, with some assuming the car was stolen or taken for a joyride by a valet driver.

Mystery driver, would you like your white 2020 McLaren 600 LT back? Call the Washington State Patrol at 360-596-4000.

Legendary 1975 930
Sole Example Built Without Rear Wing

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
The SRZero electric supercar on the Paranal platform, where ESO runs its Very Large Telescope Units – two technological masterpieces that have taken humanity to the limits of the possible, both on this planet and beyond. The SRZero electric supercar arrived at ESO sites in Paranal after touring the Pan-American Highway from Alaska's Prudhoe Bay and on their way to Ushuaia. The Racing Green Endurance (RGE) adventure could not have been complete without a stop at the most productive ground-based observatory in the world, where the RGE team had the opportunity to observe the fascinating southern skies under the best conditions and test the supercar’s limits by performing at an altitude of 2600 metres above sea level.

On the Pan-American Highway in Chile.

JCC

Top Bottom