• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Things that go VROOM ... đź’¨

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
20230203-092954.jpg

AssistedLiving

Porsche 911 GT3 RS Makes Its Case Even Over $300,000​

In the past I have frequently referred to Porsche’s GT cars, and their hardcore sub-variant RS models as “motorsport theater.” I mean this as a compliment, not an insult; the cars aren’t pretending or playing dress-up, and they are very fast. They offer the sensations of what you might get from a race car, but without giving up any of the real conveniences of a street car. To paraphrase the great Katt Williams, they look like a race car, until a race car pull up.

Well, the new GT3 RS has arrived, we can pretty much throw “theater” out the window, because eventually, one arrives at full on motorsport, or at least as close to it as makes no difference. It is the angel atop Porsche’s now 29-variant Christmas tree of 992 offerings - unquestionably the wildest production 911 in history, even compared to the off-road focused Dakar I drove in Morocco last month (I’ll be writing about that one for our print magazine, so make sure to subscribe, but in the meantime you can watch my video about it over at The Smoking Tire). Porsche won’t say on the record, but those in the know say that if you put slicks on a GT3 RS, it’s faster around some tracks than a Cup Car.

If Porsche cares how the GT3 RS drives on the road, which they might, you wouldn’t know it by how the car is presented. Everything in the press release is about lap times and how much motorsport technology they could cram in there, and all the conveniences that get thrown out (such as the entire trunk) in service of this. Seriously, in the past the GT3 RS was one of the most perfect cars for taking a weekend road trip to the track with your spouse or your buddy, lapping the car all weekend, then driving home. Now, your luggage has to ride shotgun, rendering a frankly enormous car as a single seater. But road trip worthiness will have to wait anyway, as at this event, we’re only allowed to drive the car at The Thermal Club, a private race track country club in the desert with exceptionally smooth tarmac.

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
Two years ago ... me and my '91 C4 ... luckily just finishing off a 2 year interest free replacement purchase

Always loved this Maxell tape ad ...never thought I'd live it :mental:

20230503-181955.jpg

Top Bottom