Discontinued ThermoVape

OF

Well I am want solid performance(as in minimal wasting and even cooking), with acceptable battery life to size. All I am going to use the TV for is for plants/flowers, and 510 ecig atty.
The CS rep over the phone said the Ultra maybe a little low battery wise for many, hence why I asked about larger MAH battery for that model? Will a battery like this be any good, or will the Alpha Ultra work not work optimally? http://www.amazon.com/TrustFire-Protected-Rechargeable-Batteriesed-Batteries/dp/B005X4SG7W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1340760119&sr=8-2&keywords=14500 protected battery

Is this the same question for the third time?

If so, I'll stick with the same answer. Anyone else?

OF

OF,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
My bad must have not read your answer correctly the first time thanks.

Final question, you said the UltralLte one last around 25 hits, around how many does the Ultra last for, a search wasn't fully helpful here. Thank you again.

lesvape,

bigsnack

My bad must have not read your answer correctly the first time thanks.

Final question, you said the UltralLte one last around 25 hits, around how many does the Ultra last for, a search wasn't fully helpful here. Thank you again.
I think what he was saying is if you use a battery that doesn't come with the Ultra, power will be a bit less despite all the specs being the same.

bigsnack,

OF

Not as simple an answer, I've never counted nor run one out on purpose like 10440s. "Plenty"? Maybe 3 times as many?

You're welcome, good luck.

BTW, it's still "mAh". "MAH" is "Mega-Amp Henries". M is a billion times bigger unit of measure than m and Henry is the unit of measure for inductance.....

I think what he was saying is if you use a battery that doesn't come with the Ultra, power will be a bit less despite all the specs being the same.

Thank you, yes, at the least that will happen. Even though "all the specs being the same" is not true (I think you meant 'the capacity spec is higher'?). Very poor heat in some cases and shorter battery service life await as well. How much will vary with load and user. Again, it's not an accident or lack of desire for a better unit that has both TV and THC use these more expensive, lower capacity batteries. Notice IMR is generally rated for way fewer cycles as well? They're not going to make the 'promised' 500 the way we use them, most Li-ions will be lucky to go a fraction of that in the same conditions despite their higher specs in the area. We're demanding a lot, pushing it to the edge, "battery limited".

OF

OF,
Reactions: lesvape

bigsnack

That news isn't really snacktastic. I guess until they find a way to give us more mAh(even 700 will do for many) while keeping power output and heat the same people are stuck.

So if the Ultra is about 3 times as longer would it be safe to say the standard kit is 5x longer and 5.5-6x longer with the LV kit?

bigsnack,

OF

So if the Ultra is about 3 times as longer would it be safe to say the standard kit is 5x longer and 5.5-6x longer with the LV kit?

I'm not going to try to spin "safe" statements from guesses. "That", as the saying goes, "can be left as an exercise for the students".....

OF

OF,

Nic

I am considering trying out the glycerol-based concentrates I've started seeing at dispensaries. I am thinking the R.E.S. AVA is the way to go, but I am curious about flows. High resistance is recommended, standard is available. Any recommendations? I have not been able to find much in the way of customer reviews/comments of these and I'd love to learn more.

Nic,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
I am considering trying out the glycerol-based concentrates I've started seeing at dispensaries. I am thinking the R.E.S. AVA is the way to go, but I am curious about flows. High resistance is recommended, standard is available. Any recommendations? I have not been able to find much in the way of customer reviews/comments of these and I'd love to learn more.
When you say glycerol-based are you talking about tinctures? (THC ejuice) Or using for standard ecig? I have an AVA with RES which I used daily as my ecig and was OK. But now I have my Bulli-A2TM and in heaven for the ecig side.
Running the 6 volt TV with 510 top with Delrin.
If thinking using for tinctures I would not recommend the AVA as will gum it up in no time. Use cheap cartos for that.
Edit, actually the Bulli would be good as cleaning is easy. (just noticed the term dispensaries so assume its tinctures)
Pipes

OF

I am considering trying out the glycerol-based concentrates I've started seeing at dispensaries. Any recommendations? I have not been able to find much in the way of customer reviews/comments of these and I'd love to learn more.

Yes, my advice is save your money. It's not going to work as you expect. This is not a substitute for the PG and VG based carts from 'the lesser vapes'. And those carts are lame relative to true oil burners like DART and Omicron. To make it work at all you need to actively mix refined oil and the solvent together under heat, then load before they can separate. Soaking some random herb in a jar of PG for a bit doesn't even come close (yes, I tried....). Consider the whole cart will hold at most a dose or two of THC from that little bottle and then spread it over say a hundred hits?

Here's a bit of 'inside poop' on the subject, starting with THC hisself:
https://www.stickyguide.com/forums/196

So, that's how to make substandard carts from e-cig stuff. What you're thinking of is the next step below that....way below that as I found out. Your call but my advice is buy a DART and some oil?

OF

OF,
Reactions: Nic

Nic

I suppose I did mean tinctures. You just taught me a new word. What I'm after is the highest on-the-go convenience for a grad school commuter. Which gives the most vapor before reloading (wax), the dart or window-style concentrate attatchment? Or am I better off starting my TV explorations with the T1? I don't mind learning a technique if it pays off.

Edit: I'm thinking the DART may be my best option. Does the T1/rev combo kit in the new catalog come with the dart style loader? If so it may be perfect...

Nic,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
I suppose I did mean tinctures. You just taught me a new word. What I'm after is the highest on-the-go convenience for a grad school commuter. Which gives the most vapor before reloading (wax), the dart or window-style concentrate attatchment? Or am I better off starting my TV explorations with the T1? I don't mind learning a technique if it pays off.
IMHO, the EVO is the stealthier as no stirring is required. If no time to reload then get 2 :brow:.
The T1 is stealthy but need to stir and that takes away from it. I like the T1 taste better myself.
:2c:
Pipes

Pipes,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
The trouble with the tincture based liquids, is delivery strength... you can puff and puff, and barely feel anything. It's similar to the effect you get from eating "special" treats, only in a much milder sense. Mostly body very little head. I went down this road for a couple of years trying to make it work. Basically, :bang: trying to get anything beyond a very mild buzz. The Evo is a good way to go for herb, if you have the patience to get it heated up properly. T1 gives pretty instant results with a quicker heat time, but you may only get 3-4 hits before you notice it's tasting a bit done, and needs stirring. The Dart is good for a few hits per load using concentrates, so you may only need 3-4 rips to be well medicated (assuming you can get or make concentrates). Each device has its strong points. If you are going for ease of loading for concentrates, the dart has a built in dabber, about as easy as it gets.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Lo

OF

Edit: I'm thinking the DART may be my best option. Does the T1/rev combo kit in the new catalog come with the dart style loader? If so it may be perfect...

If you're using wax, go with the DART rather than Revolution with it's window. The latter is better suited to bubble hash. Oils and waxes are easier to load and use in DART. I load 50 mg at a shot, sometimes a bit more. You can load more, but it gets slower and less responsive and it seems 'fresher' to me not to heat the oil over and over. I expect half a dozen serious hits, with some weak ones following.

The combo can be had with DART in stead of Revolution, same price, just tell 'em. Good combo if you also do buds, although as Pipes says Evolution doesn't need stirring between hits, although T1 probably does a better job for most guys at even vaping and flavor.

Another option is an Omicron cart, which can be run on TVs with a cheap adapter. Smaller hits, but it holds a gram or so and feeds well.....at least they do when working right. DART doesn't balk on you and is also able to be easily cleaned.

Tough choice if you can only have one.....

OF

OF,

Nic

The trouble with the tincture based liquids, is delivery strength... you can puff and puff, and barely feel anything. It's similar to the effect you get from eating "special" treats, only in a much milder sense. Mostly body very little head. I went down this road for a couple of years trying to make it work. Basically, :bang: trying to get anything beyond a very mild buzz. The Evo is a good way to go for herb, if you have the patience to get it heated up properly. T1 gives pretty instant results with a quicker heat time, but you may only get 3-4 hits before you notice it's tasting a bit done, and needs stirring. The Dart is good for a few hits per load using concentrates, so you may only need 3-4 rips to be well medicated (assuming you can get or make concentrates). Each device has its strong points. If you are going for ease of loading for concentrates, the dart has a built in dabber, about as easy as it gets.

You say 3-4 hit (approx) before the T1 needs stirring, how many (approx) before the SV Evo is spent? My biggest complaint of the Evo vs the T1 (without having used either) is the Evo looks quite a bit less like a lightsaber haha.

Edit: Thank you all for the wonderful advice! I think I'll start with the dart, maybe even a dart combo if I can decide between the T1 and Evo. From what I gather, that decision is best settled by getting both haha.

Nic,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
You say 3-4 hit (approx) before the T1 needs stirring, how many (approx) before the SV Evo is spent? My biggest complaint of the Evo vs the T1 (without having used either) is the Evo looks quite a bit less like a lightsaber haha.
I stir my T1 after the second hit as if wait the hits get weak.
The EVO gives me around the 8 hit mark but seems to depend on the herb as well.
Note I pack the EVO to about 80-90% that of the T1.
With stirring the T1, I get 10 or so hits.
Decisions, decisions,
Pipes

Pipes,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Yeah, I can pull about 8 good hits from the Evo before it seems done. The Dart/Evo combo sounds good. Gives you options. Luckily you can get separate parts, so find the kit you like, then add the other top along with it. Just make sure you get all 6v (standard) or all LV (3.7v) if you go that way.

jambandphan03,

Nic

Yeah, I can pull about 8 good hits from the Evo before it seems done. The Dart/Evo combo sounds good. Gives you options. Luckily you can get separate parts, so find the kit you like, then add the other top along with it. Just make sure you get all 6v (standard) or all LV (3.7v) if you go that way.

Thanks Jam! Sounds like the Evo meets my needs slightly more than the T1. I just read on the Evo thread that you get 20-25 per charge with a LV Dart/ Ultralight combo. That has me reconsidering. How many does the SV full size dart/rev kit get per charge? I may decide to go super stealth (albeit flowerless) for my first TV...

Thanks to pipes and OF too! Really helpful advice.

Nic,

OF

Edit: Thank you all for the wonderful advice! I think I'll start with the dart, maybe even a dart combo if I can decide between the T1 and Evo. From what I gather, that decision is best settled by getting both haha.

Best reread it, that's not what was said. That's the number of hits for a typical session with DART....clean miss all around? T1 really should be stirred or otherwise mixed (there are options) between hits as I said above?

Your welcome.

You're right, best choices are no doubt based on personal experiences and preferences. Hard to go too far wrong with any of the choices you're looking at.

OF

OF,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I did say that I can get 3-4 hits from the T1 then notice it's tasting done and needs a stir, so maybe I'm not stirring as often as others are.

jambandphan03,

OF

I did say that I can get 3-4 hits from the T1 then notice it's tasting done and needs a stir, so maybe I'm not stirring as often as others are.

Give it a try, I think you too will find it much better. Notice after a few hits the bowl is 'tracking', that is there are dark channels up through the herb where the hot air has been running, overvaping the walls while leaving the surrounding herb basically 'untouched'.

The heat dries the herb, making it shrink, opening up the channel all the more.

OF

OF,

chant121

I Too, unscrew the lid of my black light-sabre nearly all the way and turn it upside down and give it a hard and quick shake (flick of the wrist ) between every hit.

Packing wise: find it can work nicely and gives nice flavour when really packed but works better and shakes easier with finger broken half inch cm2 small pieces of herb.

One concern was when i breathed in on an empty bowl with the small mouthpiece when i was burning of particles in the coil .. my teeth got really hot and could taste Delrin strongly... hope this bad flavour will vanish with the glass m/p :) dunno how ne1 could use the Tv with the standard m/p

chant121,

Peloton

Vapes Hard
I unscrew my cap most of the way and shake upside down between every hit, it's just a habit I've developed. I hold the switch up so it heats during that time, and doesn't bounce the batteries on the switch making that rattle.

Peloton,

OF

Guys, try rolling it instead. I loosen the cap, hold it sideways and roll it like a washer does clothes. Works great if it's loose enough.

Also putting a 5/8 screen on top of the load (inside the rim of the bowl) helps mix it and keeps the top holes clear and clean.

OF

OF,
Top Bottom